Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you Bluey in disguise...? 12:26 - Jan 6 with 2987 viewsmacthejack

Neil Warnock quite fond of us it seems...

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock on new Swansea boss Paul Clement: "I like Paul. I met him when he was at Derby. He’s a really nice chap. He talks well and is very sociable.

“Derby is not an easy club to manage and I am sure he will use that experience. He has some good players at Swansea.

“There isn’t much that signing a centre half wouldn’t put right there to replace Ashley Williams.

“If I had a choice of any wide player in the Premier League I would take Jefferson Montero, I love him, me. And you’ve got Wayne Routledge who played for me who can make things happen out of nothing.

“And you’ve got the best midfielder in the league in Gylfi Sigurdsson so you’ve got a good basis.

“There is no reason Swansea can’t get out of it, another couple of wins and there will be a few teams looking over their shoulders."
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:28 - Jan 6 with 2965 viewsLeonWasGod

He needs to have a chat with a couple on here - they'll put him right about Siggy
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:49 - Jan 6 with 2880 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:28 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

He needs to have a chat with a couple on here - they'll put him right about Siggy

A defender and a couple of creative / dog midfielders and I would agree with him. A good manager can sort this out. Our win at Palace kept us in the mix. Only question now is concerning Clem. Is he up to the task? I am hopeful despite the enormity of the task ahead and I never thought I would believe that this season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:55 - Jan 6 with 2856 viewsjasper_T

Surely he's taking the piss about Jeff.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:11 - Jan 6 with 2794 viewssomersetsimon

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:55 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

Montero is the sort of player, like Shelvey, who must look fantastic when you only watch the highlights of a match where we won!
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:13 - Jan 6 with 2783 views34dfgdf54

Nope, if the right coach/manager could get hold of Jeff, you'd have some player on your hands. Been very badly managed here.

Jack247 will be on this thread any second now.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:18 - Jan 6 with 2745 viewsblueytheblue

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:13 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

Nope, if the right coach/manager could get hold of Jeff, you'd have some player on your hands. Been very badly managed here.

No chance we'd be interested in Jeff.

Deal was agreed, third party crawled out of the woodwork wanting money for him.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 2723 views34dfgdf54

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:18 - Jan 6 by blueytheblue

No chance we'd be interested in Jeff.

Deal was agreed, third party crawled out of the woodwork wanting money for him.

Bloody hell Bluey I didn't mean he would end up at Cardiff, he hasn't gone that bad.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:23 - Jan 6 with 2707 viewsblueytheblue

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:20 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

Bloody hell Bluey I didn't mean he would end up at Cardiff, he hasn't gone that bad.

He wouldn't, we've already got wingers not delivering telling crosses so no need.

My point was more that there's more than a whiff of dodginess surrounding him - if a third party tried it on with you and were paid, it could cause you problems.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:29 - Jan 6 with 2673 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:11 - Jan 6 by somersetsimon

Montero is the sort of player, like Shelvey, who must look fantastic when you only watch the highlights of a match where we won!

Many strikers are the same. Do nothing for virtually the whole match until they hit the onion bag. Jeff is a very rare commodity in he can not only beat his man but can get around them and carry on into the area before playing the ball. Most wingers cross in front if the defender or cross immediately they get a bit of space.
Problem is for Jeff to shine you need a midfield that can ping the ball out to him quickly when he is in a 1 2 1 situation. Good midfielders, and a manager that can recognise this, is essential for this to pay off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 14:30 - Jan 6 with 2551 viewsBloodyhills

Maybe he's just seen the highlights of the few games a season when Jeff plays well. Not interested or injured for the most part it seems.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 15:15 - Jan 6 with 2460 viewsjasper_T

He's been badly managed at every club in his career, then (apart from Mexico's first-rate domestic league maybe).
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 15:51 - Jan 6 with 2375 viewspremierjack

Nothing to do with management.

Montero has problems, he's seeing the clubs doctor most days because he's scared of playing and getting injured. He absolutely hates being tackled and is constantly worrying about it.

It's all in his head
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 15:56 - Jan 6 with 2355 viewsLeonWasGod

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 12:49 - Jan 6 by Private_Partz

A defender and a couple of creative / dog midfielders and I would agree with him. A good manager can sort this out. Our win at Palace kept us in the mix. Only question now is concerning Clem. Is he up to the task? I am hopeful despite the enormity of the task ahead and I never thought I would believe that this season.

We're all more upbeat now, but you're spot on. We've no idea if PC is up to it. I'm a mixture of nervous and excited about what the future holds. Nervous about staying up and whether PC will be any good for us, and excited that there now appears to be some hope.

He's started like he means business though - very much stamping his own ideas on who's going to be involved. Seems more in control than Guidolin or Bob ever where - I wonder if he's told Huw that he'd only come in if he was allowed the final say on the playing side? I just hope after the backroom changes, and hopefully some players too, he doesn't turn out to be an expensive mistake and we have to go back to square one again
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 16:04 - Jan 6 with 2322 viewsjasper_T

Bob talked a strong game and impressed many on here too.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 18:11 - Jan 6 with 2163 viewsDewi1jack

Jeff and Mo rocked up here in 2014 (I think) and still no fugger has taken them to one side or done extra training and taught them to cross a ball.
No-one has taught our defence how to do their job either.
Passing has been left off the curriculum recently as well.

Yes.
Very badly managed and coached

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 2124 viewsjasper_T

Not all players can be taught to fix their massive glaring flaws.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 18:58 - Jan 6 with 2084 viewsItchySphincter

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:23 - Jan 6 by blueytheblue

He wouldn't, we've already got wingers not delivering telling crosses so no need.

My point was more that there's more than a whiff of dodginess surrounding him - if a third party tried it on with you and were paid, it could cause you problems.

Out of all our wingers Jeff is the best crosser. In fact he's the only one that can cross. What the dumbos like jasper on here don't understand is that we don't play a game that suits him.

Jeff needs the ball in to his feet with his back to goal so that he can turn and skin a defender but that's not going to happen when you've got a tw@t like Neil Taylor behind him screaming at him to get on his bike so that he can put the ball over the top. That might work for Mo Barrow, who incidentally hasn't got a cross in him, but it won't work for Jeff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 18:59 - Jan 6 with 2077 viewsItchySphincter

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 16:04 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

Bob talked a strong game and impressed many on here too.

No he didn't.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 22:20 - Jan 6 with 1903 viewsTNT

Neil Warnock would have got hold of Montero by the throat at Spurs!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 22:24 - Jan 6 with 1889 views34dfgdf54

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 22:20 - Jan 6 by TNT

Neil Warnock would have got hold of Montero by the throat at Spurs!

And West Brom.

It's what he needs.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 22:26 - Jan 6 with 1884 viewsLeonWasGod

IF he could keep fit (and possibly focussed - although it's hard to know how much of that is him not being arsed or him just being laid back and quite quiet). If he had unlimited confidence and swagger like Ronaldo AND could keep fit, he'd be hell of a player. When he's on song although he's only got one trick, I've not seen anyone able to stop him. And he can beat the first man with a cross - a very rare thing in our side. But ultimately he's been a very frustrating player, swinging from unplayable to anonymous.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 09:05 - Jan 7 with 1713 viewsWhiterockin

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 13:29 - Jan 6 by Private_Partz

Many strikers are the same. Do nothing for virtually the whole match until they hit the onion bag. Jeff is a very rare commodity in he can not only beat his man but can get around them and carry on into the area before playing the ball. Most wingers cross in front if the defender or cross immediately they get a bit of space.
Problem is for Jeff to shine you need a midfield that can ping the ball out to him quickly when he is in a 1 2 1 situation. Good midfielders, and a manager that can recognise this, is essential for this to pay off.

Mawson can ping the ball from 60 yards to Montero, the only problem is at that speed we would have nobody in the box.
Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 09:46 - Jan 7 with 1681 viewsjasper_T

Are you Bluey in disguise...? on 18:58 - Jan 6 by ItchySphincter

Out of all our wingers Jeff is the best crosser. In fact he's the only one that can cross. What the dumbos like jasper on here don't understand is that we don't play a game that suits him.

Jeff needs the ball in to his feet with his back to goal so that he can turn and skin a defender but that's not going to happen when you've got a tw@t like Neil Taylor behind him screaming at him to get on his bike so that he can put the ball over the top. That might work for Mo Barrow, who incidentally hasn't got a cross in him, but it won't work for Jeff.

I'll believe it when I see it.

There's a reason no serious club has ever fancied him despite his handful of "unplayable" MotD performances. He lacks the mentality and intelligence to ever be a world-beater.

Coaching only goes so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024