Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy 18:09 - Jan 14 with 3298 viewsMagic_Michu

If anyone offers £20 million + I'd bite your hand off.

Comes up with a great free kick every now and again but just doesn't influence games enough.

Today he was absolutely terrible... and he's been poor most of the season. Runs a lot but doesn't contribute too much when not taking free kicks.

On a positive note... I thought Mawson and Fernandez were excellent today... even after today's score line.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Siggy on 20:17 - Jan 14 with 1083 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 19:35 - Jan 14 by jack247

I doubt we would get massive money for him. If we did get £20m, what would be the point if we spent it on 4 average players for £5m each, or more likely, didn't reinvest it back into the squad.

People seem to think we can sell for £20m and just go out and buy a £20m player to replace him.

The one big point and it's something we are doing very sensibly I think is while we haven't given up on the Premier League this season (I hope) we're also keeping one eye on the Championship which is the right thing to do. We need to give ourselves a good chance of coming back up but also being mindful of getting into financial difficulties.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 1065 viewsJackfath

Siggy on 20:17 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

The one big point and it's something we are doing very sensibly I think is while we haven't given up on the Premier League this season (I hope) we're also keeping one eye on the Championship which is the right thing to do. We need to give ourselves a good chance of coming back up but also being mindful of getting into financial difficulties.

100% this.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Siggy on 20:29 - Jan 14 with 1018 viewsjack247

Siggy on 20:17 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

Can't disagree with that.

There is a very fine line between making sure we don't get into financial difficulty and signing players we think will do well in the Championship now. Not overly impressed with the players we have been linked with, but get the point about overspending and still going down.
Siggy on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 969 viewsmissingmel

Siggy on 19:21 - Jan 14 by AussieSwan

Some people on this forum are way more deluded than I thought.

It's embarrassing it's like reading a junior school bottom class forum on times. Utterly clueless
Siggy on 21:02 - Jan 14 with 930 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 20:43 - Jan 14 by missingmel

It's embarrassing it's like reading a junior school bottom class forum on times. Utterly clueless

What's your opinion on matters?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Siggy on 21:06 - Jan 14 with 910 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Siggy on 18:12 - Jan 14 by Murph75

Yes. On the one condition the fee we received was spent on one player to replace him and not a fraction of it spent on some lad from Barnsley.

No one player of that kind of quality is going to want to join a 20th place team that just sold its best player.

We seem to be having a hard enough time stirring up interest in joining our relegation fight as it is. Sell Siggy and it's over.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 21:11]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggy on 21:36 - Jan 14 with 835 viewsOzzie

Siggy on 20:43 - Jan 14 by missingmel

100% agreed!

In terms of his reputation, he's probably better off not playing for us currently as when he does the type of game he plays is only suited to players on his wavelength (level) to make his movement and passes count. With this current team, they bring him down to his level and so his labelled poor like the rest of the team.

For me, he still stands out as by far our best player, for others he's not taking on 4 players and sticking one in the top bin and so is useless! He's a great player but he's not Ronald,Messi etc.

As for the comment on his first touch... he is our most technically gifted player at the club! If he has a bad first touch I don't know what to say about the rest of the team!
Siggy on 21:42 - Jan 14 with 813 viewssquarebear

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course but I think Siggy is a wonderful player. He has talent, works hard and he's classy. Ten more like that in the side and we'd be kicking some serious ass.
Login to get fewer ads

Siggy on 21:45 - Jan 14 with 796 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 21:36 - Jan 14 by Ozzie

100% agreed!

In terms of his reputation, he's probably better off not playing for us currently as when he does the type of game he plays is only suited to players on his wavelength (level) to make his movement and passes count. With this current team, they bring him down to his level and so his labelled poor like the rest of the team.

For me, he still stands out as by far our best player, for others he's not taking on 4 players and sticking one in the top bin and so is useless! He's a great player but he's not Ronald,Messi etc.

As for the comment on his first touch... he is our most technically gifted player at the club! If he has a bad first touch I don't know what to say about the rest of the team!

He has an appalling first touch. You must watch the games from the Riverside

Siggy on 21:58 - Jan 14 with 762 viewsOzzie

Siggy on 21:45 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

He has an appalling first touch. You must watch the games from the Riverside

I watch the games from the half-way line and behind the dugout so I have a pretty good perspective of the whole pitch thanks.

I'll make sure to pay particular attention to his touch next game to reassure myself on this point.

Each to their own and all that but do you not think he is a good player at all or just having a bad season for us? Like someone else said he was ok today and that was it.
To say he's a prima donna - his work rate is consistently second to none. If we had 9 other outfield doing the same our pressing game would be the best in the game!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 22:00]
Siggy on 22:03 - Jan 14 with 741 viewsploppy

Sorry, but his first touch is awful.
Siggy on 22:05 - Jan 14 with 724 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 21:58 - Jan 14 by Ozzie

I watch the games from the half-way line and behind the dugout so I have a pretty good perspective of the whole pitch thanks.

I'll make sure to pay particular attention to his touch next game to reassure myself on this point.

Each to their own and all that but do you not think he is a good player at all or just having a bad season for us? Like someone else said he was ok today and that was it.
To say he's a prima donna - his work rate is consistently second to none. If we had 9 other outfield doing the same our pressing game would be the best in the game!

Watch the game back on Streamtvbox and you'll see just fine.

Yes he's having an awful season and no, I don't think he's bad per se. I think he's done with us judging by his attitude and his petulance and we should be done with him. It's over for him and SCFC.

Siggy on 22:11 - Jan 14 with 704 viewsElward

Siggy on 21:58 - Jan 14 by Ozzie

If we had 9 others like him then they would spend the entire game playing pinball with each others teribble first touch. Actually, not entire game, while 1 of them makes a bad first touch to another, the other 7 are sulking throwing their arms up. But he runs a lot and looks like he cares so he is immune to criticism. Yes he isn't the main problem, but If you take how many goals he has scored, then subtract all the penalties, that figure is a lot lower. Also same goes for assists. Take away all the headers the rest of the team get from his free kicks/corners and is assists from general open play is a lot lower aswell. Bottom line, if he wasn't the one taking free kicks, corners, and penalties, his stats would be a hell of a lot lower.
Siggy on 22:34 - Jan 14 with 669 viewsOzzie

Siggy on 22:11 - Jan 14 by Elward

If we had 9 others like him then they would spend the entire game playing pinball with each others teribble first touch. Actually, not entire game, while 1 of them makes a bad first touch to another, the other 7 are sulking throwing their arms up. But he runs a lot and looks like he cares so he is immune to criticism. Yes he isn't the main problem, but If you take how many goals he has scored, then subtract all the penalties, that figure is a lot lower. Also same goes for assists. Take away all the headers the rest of the team get from his free kicks/corners and is assists from general open play is a lot lower aswell. Bottom line, if he wasn't the one taking free kicks, corners, and penalties, his stats would be a hell of a lot lower.

lol - but he does take our free kicks/penalties and corners!

I could argue that if someone else was taking those dead balls we wouldn't have goals and/or assists to talk about.

Running a lot and looking like he cares doesn't prevent criticism - It just puts him behind others in the firing line who don't give the necessary work rate, desire and commitment to win which is deserving of the shirt and also who do not possess half the quality which he has!
Siggy on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 641 viewsPawelAbbott

Let's face it, if we sold him for £20M we would be lucky if we bought 2 cheap championship players with the cash.
Siggy on 22:41 - Jan 14 with 485 viewsKGriz16

I saw a stat the other day that he had been the second most involved in all goals/assists in the calendar year. I'm not sure what people expect of Gylfi, or how much Fifa they play when judging him, but he is by far our most committed, intelligent and hardest working player in our squad.

You think there's a reason teams like Inter Milan, Roma etc are all looking at buying him? If you think he's petulant - he could have joined Everton in the Summer, and would be earning a lot more than he is here, and he would be playing with better players.

Some posters on here expect GS to light the world on fire, and score and assist every game; it was his performances at the end of last season which hauled us up the table. Have you seen the talent around him? Messi would struggle to assist with what GS is working with.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 22:46]
Siggy on 22:50 - Jan 14 with 460 viewsElward

Siggy on 22:34 - Jan 14 by Ozzie

lol - but he does take our free kicks/penalties and corners!

I could argue that if someone else was taking those dead balls we wouldn't have goals and/or assists to talk about.

Running a lot and looking like he cares doesn't prevent criticism - It just puts him behind others in the firing line who don't give the necessary work rate, desire and commitment to win which is deserving of the shirt and also who do not possess half the quality which he has!

It was aimed more towards stat fanatics who state "he scored X amout of goals and X amount of assists therefore he is amazing" if you took those away from him and gave them to someone else then they would have a shedload of free goals aswell. As a professional, you'd expect the majority of penalties taken to go in regardless. It's more of a shock when they actually don't. He cares, probably more then a lot of people there, but there are people on here who just won't listen to any bad word said about him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but noone is entitled to their own facts and fact is it doesn't matter how you look at it, take away his penalties and his goal tally is a lot lot lower.

Also another fact, watch whenever we concede a goal, he is clearly annoyed, granted he cares, but he will look to the ground as he does a silly jump flayling his arms around. To think some people want that as a captain. If i was playing and i watched my captain mess up his role and lose the ball, then stand there and watch as the other team come against us to score to then wave his arms at me, i wouldn't be best impressed. You lose the ball, you get it back, not stand there sulking like a spoilt child.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024