Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New £1 coin 00:14 - Mar 28 with 2758 viewsMuteswan

It would appear that Swansea will not be getting a supply of new £1 pound coins today ( launch day ) but 3 banks in Wales will be. Guess where. Correct, all 3 banks are in Cardiff. Capital see!!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39409313
New £1 coin on 05:07 - Mar 28 with 2274 viewsCountyJim

Break out your jars you have till October to cash in the old pound coins
New £1 coin on 06:45 - Mar 28 with 2227 viewsCooperman

New £1 coin on 05:07 - Mar 28 by CountyJim

Break out your jars you have till October to cash in the old pound coins

Now then Jim, is that factually correct as I'm reading conflicting stories?

I have one of those 4L whiskey bottles that is filling up nicely and it seems a shame to abort progress before I reach the top. I've read somewhere that legal tender ends in October but that banks will still exchange coins after that.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 6:48]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New £1 coin on 06:55 - Mar 28 with 2220 viewsDr_Winston

If you're going to start distributing something then logic dictates you do it in the largest centre of population first.

Just take comfort from the thought that if terrorists ever unleash a biological weapon in Wales then they'll almost certainly pick Cardiff for the same reason.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New £1 coin on 07:21 - Mar 28 with 2193 viewsnice_to_michu

Carwyn Jones probably told the mint where to distribute the coins first....
New £1 coin on 07:34 - Mar 28 with 2169 viewsCountyJim

New £1 coin on 06:45 - Mar 28 by Cooperman

I have one of those 4L whiskey bottles that is filling up nicely and it seems a shame to abort progress before I reach the top. I've read somewhere that legal tender ends in October but that banks will still exchange coins after that.

Yes it's either 15th or 17th of October not sure which one

Seems a bit tight i know you would have thought the new year at least
New £1 coin on 08:19 - Mar 28 with 2108 viewsDr_Winston

New £1 coin on 06:45 - Mar 28 by Cooperman

They cease being legal tender in October. You can still take them to your bank after that, although the mint would prefer that you didn't.

https://www.thenewpoundcoin.com/

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New £1 coin on 09:45 - Mar 28 with 2005 viewsdickythorpe

Why do we still need coins?
New £1 coin on 15:35 - Mar 28 with 1827 viewspikeypaul

How many years do you give 1p and 2p coins?

Myself 5 years max,then everything gets rounded off,upwards of course.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

New £1 coin on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 1759 viewsSwanjaxs

New £1 coin on 09:45 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Why do we still need money? Online shopping, contactless payment, you can even download an app to pay using your phone nowadays! 5 years from now and paying with cash will be almost extinct mark my words 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New £1 coin on 17:07 - Mar 28 with 1742 viewsPrivate_Partz

New £1 coin on 07:21 - Mar 28 by nice_to_michu

Carwyn Jones probably told the mint where to distribute the coins first....

Indeed. Very likely.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New £1 coin on 17:08 - Mar 28 with 1735 viewsblueytheblue

New £1 coin on 17:07 - Mar 28 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Very likely.

Not really likely.

You'd have to believe WG "own" royal Mint which would be utter bollocks.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

New £1 coin on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 1729 viewsPrivate_Partz

New £1 coin on 17:08 - Mar 28 by blueytheblue

Not really likely.

You'd have to believe WG "own" royal Mint which would be utter bollocks.

Wow. Caught a fish in 1 minute and I was after a NTM bloater ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New £1 coin on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 1716 viewsblueytheblue

New £1 coin on 17:10 - Mar 28 by Private_Partz

Wow. Caught a fish in 1 minute and I was after a NTM bloater ;-)

Caught nothing, fella...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

New £1 coin on 17:18 - Mar 28 with 1711 viewsSwanjaxs

New £1 coin on 17:16 - Mar 28 by blueytheblue

Caught nothing, fella...

Haha threw him back and caught him again 🎣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New £1 coin on 17:42 - Mar 28 with 1671 viewsMuteswan

New £1 coin on 09:45 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

For throwing at Mike Dean ? Seriously though you'd have to put a credit card into the shopping trolley if we didn't have coins. Also vending machines, pool tables , fruit machines etc. I can also think of a few people selling " stuff" that would only take cash. 😏
New £1 coin on 17:48 - Mar 28 with 1660 viewsairedale

New £1 coin on 16:55 - Mar 28 by Swanjaxs

Why do we still need money? Online shopping, contactless payment, you can even download an app to pay using your phone nowadays! 5 years from now and paying with cash will be almost extinct mark my words 👍

We don't use money myself.
New £1 coin on 19:36 - Mar 28 with 1554 viewsjacktar

Looks very much like the old threepenny bit.
By the time the Tories have proceeded with their Brexit plans it will probably be worth about that.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

New £1 coin on 19:51 - Mar 30 with 1271 viewsCooperman

Day 3 and I'm still waiting to lay hands / eyes on one.

New £1 coin on 19:54 - Mar 30 with 1263 viewsjack2jack

New £1 coin on 19:51 - Mar 30 by Cooperman

Day 3 and I'm still waiting to lay hands / eyes on one.

Me too,don't even know anyone that's had one.Maybe they're all in whisky bottles in Cardiff
New £1 coin on 20:06 - Mar 30 with 1243 viewsCooperman

New £1 coin on 19:54 - Mar 30 by jack2jack

Me too,don't even know anyone that's had one.Maybe they're all in whisky bottles in Cardiff

I'm in Cardiff tomorrow so will make a point of buying a packet of chewing gum with a £5 note.

New £1 coin on 20:18 - Mar 30 with 1220 viewsjack2jack

New £1 coin on 20:06 - Mar 30 by Cooperman

I'm in Cardiff tomorrow so will make a point of buying a packet of chewing gum with a £5 note.

New £1 coin on 21:15 - Mar 30 with 1184 viewsMuteswan

New £1 coin on 20:18 - Mar 30 by jack2jack

We've had trial £1 coins for a few weeks to re-program our coin mechanisms which has taken a long time and a lot of money. So far we've been unable to test them with official £1 coins because they've only been released in Cardiff and now I've heard that the real coins are not working properly in other people's mechs. Going to Cardiff tomorrow to try and get our hands on new coins and hoping that they will be ok in our machines, if not, a lot more work to be re-done. Very frustrating! ☹️.
Decisions to change coins , every other day it seems to us in the coin handling businesses, have been a pain in the proverbial. The 5 p( twice) ,10 p(twice), 50 p, addition of £2 and now the new pound changes have all been costly and time consuming to update and for small local businesses quite demanding, as we're not financially assisted in any way. Not looking for sympathy just explaining that there's more to coin changes than meets the eye.
Oh by the way we are nothing to do with Leigh Dineen's business.🙄
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 21:20]
New £1 coin on 21:30 - Mar 30 with 1162 viewsjack2jack

New £1 coin on 21:15 - Mar 30 by Muteswan

We've had trial £1 coins for a few weeks to re-program our coin mechanisms which has taken a long time and a lot of money. So far we've been unable to test them with official £1 coins because they've only been released in Cardiff and now I've heard that the real coins are not working properly in other people's mechs. Going to Cardiff tomorrow to try and get our hands on new coins and hoping that they will be ok in our machines, if not, a lot more work to be re-done. Very frustrating! ☹️.
Decisions to change coins , every other day it seems to us in the coin handling businesses, have been a pain in the proverbial. The 5 p( twice) ,10 p(twice), 50 p, addition of £2 and now the new pound changes have all been costly and time consuming to update and for small local businesses quite demanding, as we're not financially assisted in any way. Not looking for sympathy just explaining that there's more to coin changes than meets the eye.
Oh by the way we are nothing to do with Leigh Dineen's business.🙄
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 21:20]

Sounds a right pain,hope you get it sorted soon
New £1 coin on 21:37 - Mar 30 with 1147 viewsMuteswan

New £1 coin on 21:30 - Mar 30 by jack2jack

Sounds a right pain,hope you get it sorted soon

Thanks, it is a right pain especially when every machine we have (a lot) , has to be changed. I just hope we get it all done by October.🤞🙏
New £1 coin on 21:39 - Mar 30 with 1141 viewsNogginthenog

New £1 coin on 21:37 - Mar 30 by Muteswan

Thanks, it is a right pain especially when every machine we have (a lot) , has to be changed. I just hope we get it all done by October.🤞🙏

You should branch into an alternative business, then you'd see the other side of the coin.

I'll get me coat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024