Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I blame clement 21:55 - Apr 5 with 2236 viewsangryjack

Insists in playing gylfi out position,towards end they took ben davies off and straight away we should have counteracted that by putting montero on to push them back,we doomed
I blame clement on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 2217 viewsKGriz16

Clown.
I blame clement on 22:09 - Apr 5 with 2049 viewsFireboy

I blame clement on 21:56 - Apr 5 by KGriz16

Clown.

Who?

AJ or PC?
I blame clement on 22:10 - Apr 5 with 2029 viewsKGriz16

I blame clement on 22:09 - Apr 5 by Fireboy

Who?

AJ or PC?

The OP
I blame clement on 00:31 - Apr 6 with 1651 viewsLeonWasGod

I blame Spurs for being better and fitter than us. B@stards!
I blame clement on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 1374 viewsangryjack

I blame clement on 21:56 - Apr 5 by KGriz16

Clown.

Elaborate pr, ck
I blame clement on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 1292 viewsNeathJack

Noticeably as soon as Fer went to right back, Spurs put Son out wide left to try and exploit the weakness.
I blame clement on 19:06 - Apr 6 with 1246 viewsWarwickHunt

I blame clement on 18:17 - Apr 6 by angryjack

Elaborate pr, ck

Prince Albert?
I blame clement on 19:58 - Apr 6 with 1181 viewsangryjack

I blame clement on 18:52 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

Noticeably as soon as Fer went to right back, Spurs put Son out wide left to try and exploit the weakness.

They took Ben Davies off and put that young early boy on the left onohomi or something like that his name is.in any case still blame clement.his tactics all wrong and stand by what said he plays gylfi where can't hurt tams as much
Login to get fewer ads

I blame clement on 20:07 - Apr 6 with 1151 viewsjack247

I blame clement on 19:58 - Apr 6 by angryjack

They took Ben Davies off and put that young early boy on the left onohomi or something like that his name is.in any case still blame clement.his tactics all wrong and stand by what said he plays gylfi where can't hurt tams as much

No he doesn't. Gylfi has licence to drift inside as much as he wants when we are attacking. He had one of the best shooting chances of the night when McBurnie played him in and Gylfi tried to play a 1-2.

Poch took Ben Davies off because we had a central midfielder at right back and they were chasing the game. I don't agree with Fer as emergency right back while we have Kingsley on the bench, but that's all I thought PC got wrong.
I blame clement on 20:36 - Apr 6 with 1094 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 18:52 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

Apart from the goal did Son touch the ball after Naughton went off?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I blame clement on 20:39 - Apr 6 with 1078 viewsNeathJack

I blame clement on 20:36 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

Apart from the goal did Son touch the ball after Naughton went off?

Not too much that I noticed.

Once they had shifted him over to the left to try and take advantage of Fer going to RB it didn't take them long to shift things again by bringing on N'Koudou for Davies who played over there instead.

At least I think Son vacated that position pretty much. My stress levels were too high at that point to really notice.
I blame clement on 20:44 - Apr 6 with 1049 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 19:58 - Apr 6 by angryjack

Nkoudou made 2 clearances deep, deep in his own half, lost an aerial dual in his own half, made 2 successful passes and 1 failed and 1 unsuccessful take on.

Mate, he did nothing for them. The only thing Fer maybe did wrong, and this is being super harsh, is not following up the deflected shot, but defenders don't have that instinct let alone midfielders back there.

Clement got his tactics spot on. We just caved under enormous pressure - that happens in football and especially against powerhouses like Spurs are these days.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I blame clement on 20:47 - Apr 6 with 1040 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 20:39 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

Not too much that I noticed.

Once they had shifted him over to the left to try and take advantage of Fer going to RB it didn't take them long to shift things again by bringing on N'Koudou for Davies who played over there instead.

At least I think Son vacated that position pretty much. My stress levels were too high at that point to really notice.

Neither of those players made any impact whatsoever, at least not until they scored the first and our heads went down.

Fer did alright back there in fairness apart from like I've just said, being hyper critical for their first goal. I don't blame him for that though, we just caved under the pressure.

I blame clement on 20:52 - Apr 6 with 1016 viewsNeathJack

I blame clement on 20:44 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

Nkoudou made 2 clearances deep, deep in his own half, lost an aerial dual in his own half, made 2 successful passes and 1 failed and 1 unsuccessful take on.

Mate, he did nothing for them. The only thing Fer maybe did wrong, and this is being super harsh, is not following up the deflected shot, but defenders don't have that instinct let alone midfielders back there.

Clement got his tactics spot on. We just caved under enormous pressure - that happens in football and especially against powerhouses like Spurs are these days.

I didn't say he did do anything to be fair, I just said they clearly looked to try and exploit the change.

Credit to Fer, apart from the first 10 mins or so at Bournemouth he's been solid enough at right back. The issue for me isn't his performance there, it's what we then lose from the middle of the field when he's shifted over.

Replacing him in midfield with Ki when we were under the cosh like that was trouble waiting to happen. If we're bringing Ki on in that situation I'd rather he go to right back instead of Fer but that's far from ideal either. Personally I'd have brought Kingsley on and shifted the more experienced Olsson over.

As for the tactics, it was never going to be easy as they are so much superior but if anything I'd have brought Narsingh for Ayew to give us an out ball over the top although McBurnie did little wrong to his credit. But that's being really picky on my part.

Hopefully now that game is out of the way we'll look to be more expansive in future games as we're sure as hell not going to defend our way to safety.
I blame clement on 20:58 - Apr 6 with 987 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 20:52 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

I didn't say he did do anything to be fair, I just said they clearly looked to try and exploit the change.

Credit to Fer, apart from the first 10 mins or so at Bournemouth he's been solid enough at right back. The issue for me isn't his performance there, it's what we then lose from the middle of the field when he's shifted over.

Replacing him in midfield with Ki when we were under the cosh like that was trouble waiting to happen. If we're bringing Ki on in that situation I'd rather he go to right back instead of Fer but that's far from ideal either. Personally I'd have brought Kingsley on and shifted the more experienced Olsson over.

As for the tactics, it was never going to be easy as they are so much superior but if anything I'd have brought Narsingh for Ayew to give us an out ball over the top although McBurnie did little wrong to his credit. But that's being really picky on my part.

Hopefully now that game is out of the way we'll look to be more expansive in future games as we're sure as hell not going to defend our way to safety.

I said the same last night and was horrified to see him drop back into right back again.

And I totally agree, Fer is massive for us under Clement and he's so much more clever at protecting the ball, they just bounce off him, he's a real big presence in there for us.

The change just seemed a bit panicked for me, I'm sure, well I'm hopeful, if he'd had more time to reflect he would have brought a defender on. We were done as any sort of an attacking force by then so it would have made sense for another defender to come on with defensive instincts.

I can't get last night out of my system. This is a tough ol' time :-(

I blame clement on 21:04 - Apr 6 with 967 viewsNeathJack

I blame clement on 20:58 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

I said the same last night and was horrified to see him drop back into right back again.

And I totally agree, Fer is massive for us under Clement and he's so much more clever at protecting the ball, they just bounce off him, he's a real big presence in there for us.

The change just seemed a bit panicked for me, I'm sure, well I'm hopeful, if he'd had more time to reflect he would have brought a defender on. We were done as any sort of an attacking force by then so it would have made sense for another defender to come on with defensive instincts.

I was the same until a couple of hours ago. Now I just want to see them get at West Ham.

If we can carry on the attitude and desire from last night (epitomised I thought by Fabianski) and Clement has got the gumption to let them of the leash a bit against teams who haven't got the talent of a Spurs and allow us more attacking threat, we've still got a real fighting chance.

We could really do with the rare bit of luck as well though.
I blame clement on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 942 viewsLoyal

I blame clement on 00:31 - Apr 6 by LeonWasGod

I blame Spurs for being better and fitter than us. B@stards!

I blame myself for actually believing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I blame clement on 21:27 - Apr 6 with 918 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 21:04 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

I was the same until a couple of hours ago. Now I just want to see them get at West Ham.

If we can carry on the attitude and desire from last night (epitomised I thought by Fabianski) and Clement has got the gumption to let them of the leash a bit against teams who haven't got the talent of a Spurs and allow us more attacking threat, we've still got a real fighting chance.

We could really do with the rare bit of luck as well though.

Seeing as we're being civil to each other I still will have to respectfully disagree.

I know it's pragmatic, but I think we have to keep on with the 4-5-1. I seriously don't think we've got the players for much else. Maybe Montero coming on in a game, but the chaos bold moves cause us I think is too much of a risk to take.

The last time we played Siggy in number 10 was last 20/25 at Bournemouth and whilst we had a purple patch for 5/10 minutes, gaps and cracks started appearing and without those defined defensive lines Clement's introduced our back 4 can't cope.

I think Olsson, Fer, Siggy, Llorente, Carrol, Mawsonl and maybe Ayew and Narsingh in some capacity are the ones that we will have to rely on to create chances or score for us. There's nothing really fluid about us and we've got to play to our strengths, which has only worked the whole season really when we've been disciplined and compact - Guidolin and Clement.

Bradley tried to introduce a more attacking, free flowing style but we were too maverick. People love to still blame him and don't get me wrong his points tally per game was awful, but we're in a similar run again now and we were under Guido. We just haven't got the personnel, it's as simple as that.

"If" we stay up, and the reason I'm so down today is because I'm slowly starting to lose hope, we are going to limp over the line battered and bruised, I really don't think we can play our way out of this.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 21:28]

I blame clement on 21:31 - Apr 6 with 895 viewsNeathJack

I blame clement on 21:27 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

Seeing as we're being civil to each other I still will have to respectfully disagree.

I know it's pragmatic, but I think we have to keep on with the 4-5-1. I seriously don't think we've got the players for much else. Maybe Montero coming on in a game, but the chaos bold moves cause us I think is too much of a risk to take.

The last time we played Siggy in number 10 was last 20/25 at Bournemouth and whilst we had a purple patch for 5/10 minutes, gaps and cracks started appearing and without those defined defensive lines Clement's introduced our back 4 can't cope.

I think Olsson, Fer, Siggy, Llorente, Carrol, Mawsonl and maybe Ayew and Narsingh in some capacity are the ones that we will have to rely on to create chances or score for us. There's nothing really fluid about us and we've got to play to our strengths, which has only worked the whole season really when we've been disciplined and compact - Guidolin and Clement.

Bradley tried to introduce a more attacking, free flowing style but we were too maverick. People love to still blame him and don't get me wrong his points tally per game was awful, but we're in a similar run again now and we were under Guido. We just haven't got the personnel, it's as simple as that.

"If" we stay up, and the reason I'm so down today is because I'm slowly starting to lose hope, we are going to limp over the line battered and bruised, I really don't think we can play our way out of this.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 21:28]

I don't disagree.

I'm certainly not advocating a gung ho approach or any sort of major personnel changes, more a tweak in mentality to push us that 10-15 yards higher up, look to get more on the front foot and to not be afraid to make a bold change with 15-20 minutes to go if we're level in order to try and win the game.
I blame clement on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 894 viewsjeza739

I blame clement on 20:58 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

Totally agree with you 100%.

Dreadful decision undefendable after the Bournemouth cock ups.

I have serious doubts now re PC after the basic schoolboy mistakes of last 4 games. Just hope the players still believe in him or we'll be down before the month is out.

I still can't get that last 5 min out of my system and at the moment I really can't face another game this season whether I attend it , listen to it or watch it on TV.

Thankfully the cricket season starts this weekend..........
I blame clement on 21:57 - Apr 6 with 845 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 21:31 - Apr 6 by NeathJack

I don't disagree.

I'm certainly not advocating a gung ho approach or any sort of major personnel changes, more a tweak in mentality to push us that 10-15 yards higher up, look to get more on the front foot and to not be afraid to make a bold change with 15-20 minutes to go if we're level in order to try and win the game.

Yep, I would have liked to have seen Montero against Boro!

I blame clement on 22:03 - Apr 6 with 818 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 21:32 - Apr 6 by jeza739

I have serious doubts now re PC after the basic schoolboy mistakes of last 4 games. Just hope the players still believe in him or we'll be down before the month is out.

I still can't get that last 5 min out of my system and at the moment I really can't face another game this season whether I attend it , listen to it or watch it on TV.

I think that's a bit harsh on Clem. He's trying his best for us with a poor squad by EPL standards and yeah, he has made some mistakes. I don't think Fer was the one that cost us Bournemouth though, maybe the fact he wasnt in midfield, you could argue that point certainly.

Hull I blame the players and it's this one game that's to blame for this bloody slump and pressure on us now. This is why I was so furious after that game. It was inexcusable and the players were lazy. Hull were poor and we thought we were better so we abandoned our shape and discipline and it cost us.

Boro was unfortunate in losing Llorente, Baston isn't up to it, that's clear so Clement had limited choices but I would have like to have seen some subs and I do blame him for that.

He has made mistakes but he's single handedly given us a chance at survival and we should really be grateful for that alone after where we were.

I blame clement on 22:14 - Apr 6 with 787 viewsSTID2017

I blame clement on 21:32 - Apr 6 by jeza739

Bring Back Bob - much better than PC.
FFS some people have short memories of how seriously bad we were at the end of December

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I blame clement on 22:19 - Apr 6 with 762 viewsFieryJack

I had trouble sleeping after that game last night..not helped by having to listen to it on Radio London with 2 clearly Tottenham-focused pundits ranting on. Nightmare.

And then having to go into work knowing that the supervisor of the neighbouring office is a loud-mouthed Spurs fan. Luckily he stayed well clear of me today. Think he knew I wouldn't be in the mood for any "banter".

Have got tickets for the away games at Watford and Man U but am not looking forward to either. Just hope we're not totally fu**ed and out of it by the time I get to Old Trafford.
I blame clement on 22:22 - Apr 6 with 749 viewsTheResurrection

I blame clement on 22:19 - Apr 6 by FieryJack

I had trouble sleeping after that game last night..not helped by having to listen to it on Radio London with 2 clearly Tottenham-focused pundits ranting on. Nightmare.

And then having to go into work knowing that the supervisor of the neighbouring office is a loud-mouthed Spurs fan. Luckily he stayed well clear of me today. Think he knew I wouldn't be in the mood for any "banter".

Have got tickets for the away games at Watford and Man U but am not looking forward to either. Just hope we're not totally fu**ed and out of it by the time I get to Old Trafford.

They were taking liberties around Morrisons after the game and shamefully most of them were Welsh Spurs fans. I had to have a word with one tvvat who was mouthing off. Been a long time for anything like that with me, football eh... not good for you!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024