Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 115250 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:33 - Jul 4 with 4136 viewsunion_jack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:09 - Jul 4 by snork44

Agreed that we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but Hubert does have previous on the dithering end of the scale,take for example last preseason, when we lost out on Joe Allen. He does have the hide of a Rhinoceros, when it comes to getting deals over the line. The Tammy Abraham deal was supposed to be in the bag and the Roque Mesa deal was nearly signed, but all we have heard about is that Gylfi could be joining Everton or Uncle Daniel at Spuds could be opening his chequebook to get either Alfie or Siggy and Huw will think in his deluded mind that he has got one over Levy if the Tottenham chairman stumps up an extra 5 million quid for either of the players.

Yes,fair point.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:15 - Jul 4 with 4040 viewsandypitt56

http://talksport.com/football/swansea-city-fc-transfer-news-borja-baston-set-loa

we have done well if that goes as planned
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:47 - Jul 4 with 3923 viewsandypitt56

Abraham has signed. confirmed Swans FB page
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 3862 viewsmagicdaps10

Chris Gunter been linked......again!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:31 - Jul 5 with 3637 viewsdameedna

With rumours of Clement signing some quality central options id be happy with Gunter as right back. Naughton is good emough in a better team and Gunter uf he is interested in a two year deal will tide us over and allow Rangel to coach.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:41 - Jul 5 with 3625 viewsmajorraglan

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:31 - Jul 5 by dameedna

With rumours of Clement signing some quality central options id be happy with Gunter as right back. Naughton is good emough in a better team and Gunter uf he is interested in a two year deal will tide us over and allow Rangel to coach.

Would have preferred a youngster from the academy to have broken through, however as that does not appear to be happening any time soon Gunter offers a relatively inexpensive option. If it wasn't for the Cardiff connection, I reckon quite a few would be happy with him coming in as back up.
AR is a club legend, but he is starting to show his age. I would love to see him mix playing with coaching, I think he has the ability to go a long way.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 22:49]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 01:22 - Jul 5 with 3590 viewsgazza_1234

Amat off to Betis.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:07 - Jul 5 with 3451 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Kees de Boer officially announced.

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/de-boer-joins-academy
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:28 - Jul 5 with 3427 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:07 - Jul 5 by exiledinenglandjack

Kees de Boer officially announced.

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/de-boer-joins-academy

Looking at that video... he looks like he has the passing, vision, Free kick technique that could make him Gylfi 2.0 in the future. Very excited with this youth signing and at only 17 he would be classed as a home grown player in the future if he stays and does well for us.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:18 - Jul 5 with 3349 viewsgazza_1234

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:28 - Jul 5 by Swan91

Looking at that video... he looks like he has the passing, vision, Free kick technique that could make him Gylfi 2.0 in the future. Very excited with this youth signing and at only 17 he would be classed as a home grown player in the future if he stays and does well for us.

Only one man he reminds me of and it isn't Gylfi! Ferrie Bodde. Probably a bit high praise from watching a you tube clip though.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 10:21]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:20 - Jul 5 with 3343 views34dfgdf54

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 15:49 - Jul 4 by magicdaps10

Chris Gunter been linked......again!!!

He's signed a new three year deal at Reading today?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 3273 viewsandypitt56

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:18 - Jul 5 by gazza_1234

Only one man he reminds me of and it isn't Gylfi! Ferrie Bodde. Probably a bit high praise from watching a you tube clip though.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 10:21]

Takes a freekick like gylfi but yeah lots of similarities to Bodde. If we have found the new Bodde, that would be amazing. shame we never saw him in the prem.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:42 - Jul 5 with 3087 viewsunion_jack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:20 - Jul 5 by 34dfgdf54

He's signed a new three year deal at Reading today?

Oh thank the Lord.

My friend, a Reading supporter, will be gutted!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:45 - Jul 5 with 2875 viewsmagicdaps10

Looks like we are signing Emi Buendia on loan from Getafe. He is a 20yr old Right Winger capable of playing Right Back.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 05:26 - Jul 6 with 2710 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:45 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

Looks like we are signing Emi Buendia on loan from Getafe. He is a 20yr old Right Winger capable of playing Right Back.

link??
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:25 - Jul 6 with 2664 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 05:26 - Jul 6 by Swan91

link??

Maybe just paper talk, and obviously I have no idea how reliable the source is, but this is way too random to not be at least somewhat legit.

Per the Bing translation, he "could be assigned, without the option to buy" to the Swans.

On paper, it's kind of puzzling and doesn't look like much to get excited about. Buendia has struggled to get on the pitch with Getafe's senior team, even when they were in the second division last season.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 6:38]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:30 - Jul 6 with 2551 viewsJango

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:25 - Jul 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Maybe just paper talk, and obviously I have no idea how reliable the source is, but this is way too random to not be at least somewhat legit.

Per the Bing translation, he "could be assigned, without the option to buy" to the Swans.

On paper, it's kind of puzzling and doesn't look like much to get excited about. Buendia has struggled to get on the pitch with Getafe's senior team, even when they were in the second division last season.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 6:38]

Done a quick google and he was also linked to coming to us on loan in January by some outlets.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:32 - Jul 6 with 2545 viewsmagicdaps10

If there is any truth in the signing then I see it as a low cost, wild card signing.
He is a player who has caused a battle between spain and argentina to get him on board so obviously has talent.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:14 - Jul 6 with 2457 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:54]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:44 - Jul 6 with 2237 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:32 - Jul 6 by magicdaps10

If there is any truth in the signing then I see it as a low cost, wild card signing.
He is a player who has caused a battle between spain and argentina to get him on board so obviously has talent.

I would agree, MD10.

But we don't need a wild card at RB right now, we need proven quality. Capa/Arias/Corchia are all still out there, and instead we're linked to a 20-year old who barely played in Spain's second division. Honestly puzzling.

I assume the club feels Naughton is a guaranteed starter, but i don't. He's a good squad player, and would thrive as our utility man in my opinion, but it's time to move on with our XI. I guess the club(or Jenkins, more likely) disagrees.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:04 - Jul 7 with 2068 viewsKerouac

Where we are at...(let me know if I've f*cked up at all)

Ins
Tammy Abraham (Loan)
Roque Mesa - £11m
Erwin Mulder - Free

Outs
Daniel James (Loan)
Jordi Amat (Loan)
Borja Baston (Loan)
Bafetimbi Gomis - £2.5m
Marvin Emnes - Free
Gerhard Tremmel - Free
Franck Tabannou - Paid him off

THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

1) Lukasz Fabianski
2) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
3) Erwin Mulder

Right-Back

4) Kyle Naughton
5) Angel Rangel

Left-Back

6) Martin Olsson
7) Stephen Kingsley

Centre-Back

8) Federico Fernandez
9) Alfie Mawson
10) Mike Van der Hoorn
11) Kyle Bartley

Centre Midfield

12) Leon Britton (Defensive Midfielder)
13) Roque Mesa (Defensive Midfielder)
14) Jack Cork (Defensive Midfielder)
15) Jay Fulton (Defensive Midfielder)
16) Leroy Fer (Box to Box Midfielder)
17) Tom Carroll (Playmaker)
18) Ki (Playmaker)

Attacking Midfield
19) Gylfi Siggurdsson

Right-Wing
20) Jordan Ayew (/Striker)
21) Luciano Narsingh
22) Nathan Dyer
23) Modou Barrow

Left-Wing
24) Jefferson Montero
25) Wayne Routledge

Striker
26) Fernando Llorente (Target man)
27) Tammy Abraham (Poacher)

Youngsters
Oliver McBurnie (Target man)
Liam Shepherd (Defender)
Kenji Gorre (Midfielder)
Andy King (Midfielder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:14 - Jul 7 with 2057 viewsRancid

I still think we're well short of any creativity in midfield.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:11 - Jul 7 with 1952 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Eider Gudjohnsons half brother now confirmed as an u18 signing. A change in youth policy to boost our younger age groups now we are academy 1 level perhaps?

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/gudjohnsen-added-academy-ranks
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:22 - Jul 7 with 1936 viewsmagicdaps10

Dont forget that Tammy Abraham due to his age wont eat in to the 25man quota.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:33 - Jul 7 with 1902 viewsDr_Winston

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:14 - Jul 7 by Rancid

I still think we're well short of any creativity in midfield.

Really?

We've got Britton, Mesa and Cork capable of sitting deep with Siggy, Fer and Ki all better playing further forward and Carroll capable of doing a bit of both. Seven good options for three places. Midfield is probably our strongest area now. Even if we moved Ki on I wouldn't bring anyone else in.

Where we're lacking is out wide. Ayew finished the season strongly, and I've still got some hope for Narsingh. After that the cupboard is pretty bare. Dyer's got a serious injury to come back from, Routs is on the decline, and Barrow and Montero have both flattered to deceive and would be better off elsewhere. We definitely need a bloody good wide player capable of chipping in goals and assists.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024