Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Static caravan in Gower 20:19 - Jun 2 with 2370 viewsFlashberryjack

Musing about buying a static caravan around Gower coast, Any advise with regard to cost, sites pros & cons?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Static caravan in Gower on 20:23 - Jun 2 with 2357 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ground rent is lower on sites with fewer facilities. Those sites are naturally also quieter. That's about all I know.

Poll: Tory leader

Static caravan in Gower on 20:35 - Jun 2 with 2330 viewsBanosswan

Factor in if the site has a maximum age for the caravan, which means you'll be buying a new one every 10-15 years.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Static caravan in Gower on 20:36 - Jun 2 with 2330 viewslifelong

Static caravan in Gower on 20:23 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Ground rent is lower on sites with fewer facilities. Those sites are naturally also quieter. That's about all I know.

Correct.

Any site with facilities like a club house with entertainment and a swimming pool and other facilities for children, will be expensive.

Make sure you check what the site's policy is regarding the age of the caravan, some of the larger sites will put an age limit on the caravan, say 10 years, then you either have to replace it,with one they will sell you, or remove it.
Static caravan in Gower on 20:46 - Jun 2 with 2300 viewsstevethejack

Bro in law & sis in law have one in Oxwich. Ground rent is £2,500 per year, so £50 per week over 50 weeks but site is shut for 10 weeks over winter so more on average per week. 15 year rule on caravans & the site get a cut of the sale price if you sell it.

On site there are a couple of coin operated washer/dryers and a kids playground. Wifi is available but pretty crap and limited to one device at a time per caravan.

Water rates included, pay for your electricity, billed quarterly.

It is seriously chilling there and whenever I've been it's been so relaxing that I love it there.
Static caravan in Gower on 20:49 - Jun 2 with 2291 viewsWxmJax

My cousin had one on the lower level at Bank Farm, Horton. Loved going there, on the beach in about 2 minutes and then walk to Port Eynon for rissole and chips. Downside was it took at least half an hour to get in to Killay but you did get to go over Cefn Bryn. One of my favourite drives, Killay to Reynoldstone over the top.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Static caravan in Gower on 21:22 - Jun 2 with 2240 viewsmajorraglan

Statics are nice, but get a camper van instead. You can stay local and travel further afield when you have more time. You can stay on commercial sites and small quiet 5 van sites.
Static caravan in Gower on 00:58 - Jun 3 with 2114 viewsMillie

Static caravan in Gower on 20:46 - Jun 2 by stevethejack

Bro in law & sis in law have one in Oxwich. Ground rent is £2,500 per year, so £50 per week over 50 weeks but site is shut for 10 weeks over winter so more on average per week. 15 year rule on caravans & the site get a cut of the sale price if you sell it.

On site there are a couple of coin operated washer/dryers and a kids playground. Wifi is available but pretty crap and limited to one device at a time per caravan.

Water rates included, pay for your electricity, billed quarterly.

It is seriously chilling there and whenever I've been it's been so relaxing that I love it there.

Same fella got our site at whitford, no club house which suits us, good quiet beech for the dogs, about £3k a year but we get 50 weeks which we use as much as we can
I suppose it's each to their own, my bro loves touring and wild camping but he's always been a mad one
Static caravan in Gower on 03:11 - Jun 3 with 2097 viewsMeraki

Static caravan in Gower on 00:58 - Jun 3 by Millie

Same fella got our site at whitford, no club house which suits us, good quiet beech for the dogs, about £3k a year but we get 50 weeks which we use as much as we can
I suppose it's each to their own, my bro loves touring and wild camping but he's always been a mad one

Yes, wild camping is what ive just started doing, love it!
Login to get fewer ads

Static caravan in Gower on 13:02 - Jun 3 with 1938 viewsYossarian

Static caravan in Gower on 03:11 - Jun 3 by Meraki

Yes, wild camping is what ive just started doing, love it!

Excuse my ignorance- wild camping? Can you explain?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Static caravan in Gower on 13:12 - Jun 3 with 1925 viewscontroversial_jack

Static caravan in Gower on 21:22 - Jun 2 by majorraglan

Statics are nice, but get a camper van instead. You can stay local and travel further afield when you have more time. You can stay on commercial sites and small quiet 5 van sites.

Campers are expensive to buy, run and maintain, and if you have to nip into town you have to take the whole thing with you. A Caravan is ideal, maintenance costs are small as it has few moving parts, and once sited you can leave it there and take the car wherever you want. The downside is you really need a 4 by 4 to tow it
Static caravan in Gower on 13:21 - Jun 3 with 1915 viewsDr_Winston

Static caravan in Gower on 13:02 - Jun 3 by Yossarian

Excuse my ignorance- wild camping? Can you explain?

Camping anywhere you can pitch a tent at a guess. Even in the middle of the Beacons.

No toilets, no club house. Definitely no WiFi.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Static caravan in Gower on 13:49 - Jun 3 with 1891 viewsdickythorpe

Can you rent in Port Eynon say for 2 nights?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024