Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years 14:47 - Jul 19 with 12354 viewsValerie

So this will hit people currently between 40-47 years old with a extra year for them to work,it was already in the system for people 40 or under to work until 68.

And you can guarantee there will be another review within 3 years to bring it forward again.

There were reviews in 2011,2014 and now 2017 all of which brought the qualifying year forward by an average of 6.5 years.

People currently 35 or younger will not qualify for OASP until they are in their 70s that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 14:55]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:06 - Jul 19 with 1418 viewspikeypaul

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:03 - Jul 19 by jack247

May be wrong, but wasn't it dressed up as a pledge prior to the election and downgraded to an ambition recently?

Either way, if they ever do get in, I hope they don't do it.

100% correct.I am happy someone here knows what they are talking about and does not have selective memory disorder.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:11 - Jul 19 with 1409 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:06 - Jul 19 by pikeypaul

100% correct.I am happy someone here knows what they are talking about and does not have selective memory disorder.

Nope. Was never in the manifesto.

From page 43

'The average student now graduates
from university, and starts their
working life, with debts of £44,000.
Labour will reintroduce maintenance
grants for university students, and we
will abolish university tuition fees.
University tuition is free in many
northern European countries, and
under a Labour government it will
be free here too'

Nothing about paying off the existing debt.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 1405 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:03 - Jul 19 by jack247

May be wrong, but wasn't it dressed up as a pledge prior to the election and downgraded to an ambition recently?

Either way, if they ever do get in, I hope they don't do it.

Nope, it was never a pledge, however the word is defined. Corbyn before the election:

“Yes, there is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I’m looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.”

Which is nothing like a straight out pledge to completely write it off.

Poll: Tory leader

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 19 with 1403 viewspikeypaul

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/07/19/labour-retracts-tuition-fees-ple

Corbyn obviously was trying to get people to think that's what they were doing and the youngsters feel for it he won't be so lucky next time.

PMSL
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 21:20]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:17 - Jul 19 with 1398 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 19 by pikeypaul

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/07/19/labour-retracts-tuition-fees-ple

Corbyn obviously was trying to get people to think that's what they were doing and the youngsters feel for it he won't be so lucky next time.

PMSL

Thanks. Proves nicely that Labour never pledged to write the debt off, despite the misleading headline.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 1389 viewsinspector

typical tories.
ignore one review that suggests state workers are 13% or was it 14? down in terms of salaries (also ignoring the cries from press/public).
yet take on board this review. At this rate i'll be working well into my 70s.

don't believe this is saving money either, especially since they're spunking 56 billion on hs2. complete gits.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:22 - Jul 19 with 1380 viewsjack_lord

Corbyn wanted to end tuition fees,

Corbyn wanted to look at ways of reducing the student debt.

Nothing has changed there.

Right wing quality press trying to change the headline story.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:23 - Jul 19 with 1376 viewspikeypaul

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:17 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks. Proves nicely that Labour never pledged to write the debt off, despite the misleading headline.

Totally opposite.
Youve already made a pric of yourselve on this thread time for bed I think.

Login to get fewer ads

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:24 - Jul 19 with 1375 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Nope, it was never a pledge, however the word is defined. Corbyn before the election:

“Yes, there is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I’m looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden.”

Which is nothing like a straight out pledge to completely write it off.

He followed that up with

'I don't see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it'

It's open to interpretation, but to me, it's an opinion or ambition up until 'I will deal with it', then it becomes a pledge. At the most generous it's dressed up to look like something he would actually do if he got into power. He isn't stupid, even if it was never a pledge he certainly dressed it up as one.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:25 - Jul 19 with 1373 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 19 by pikeypaul

PMSL

The whole article hinges on this quote then?

'And in June, just days before polling day, Mr Corbyn said that “first of all, we want to get rid of student fees altogether,” adding that he was exploring ways to “reduce, ameliorate...or some other means of reducing” the “massive debts” owed by graduates.'

'Exploring ways' now equated to a pledge then? That's a bit of a leap.

Quality of journalism in this country. Fantastic

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:26 - Jul 19 with 1367 viewspikeypaul

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:24 - Jul 19 by jack247

He followed that up with

'I don't see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it'

It's open to interpretation, but to me, it's an opinion or ambition up until 'I will deal with it', then it becomes a pledge. At the most generous it's dressed up to look like something he would actually do if he got into power. He isn't stupid, even if it was never a pledge he certainly dressed it up as one.

Exactly.

I wonder why the pric forgot about that bit?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 21:28]

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:36 - Jul 19 with 1348 viewsPozuelosSideys

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:25 - Jul 19 by Jack_Meoff

The whole article hinges on this quote then?

'And in June, just days before polling day, Mr Corbyn said that “first of all, we want to get rid of student fees altogether,” adding that he was exploring ways to “reduce, ameliorate...or some other means of reducing” the “massive debts” owed by graduates.'

'Exploring ways' now equated to a pledge then? That's a bit of a leap.

Quality of journalism in this country. Fantastic

Its worded mischievously and intentionally and it worked. It certainly won votes. But hey, people are dumb and they bought it. We all do.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:39 - Jul 19 with 1345 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:23 - Jul 19 by pikeypaul

Totally opposite.
Youve already made a pric of yourselve on this thread time for bed I think.

I'm not going to sink to your level here son. It's possible to disagree on these things without resorting to base insults. That article says nothing like yiu claim it does and anyone with basic comprehension skills will realise that.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:41 - Jul 19 with 1339 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:36 - Jul 19 by PozuelosSideys

Its worded mischievously and intentionally and it worked. It certainly won votes. But hey, people are dumb and they bought it. We all do.

Yep. Can't really argue with that.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:42 - Jul 19 with 1339 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:24 - Jul 19 by jack247

He followed that up with

I'm sorry I'm simply not seeing how Corbyn's words can be interpreted as "I pledge to write off all £100bn of student debt." I'm no Corbyn shill as my posts on here attest to but it's a ridiculous spin to put on it in my view. No doubt some chose to take it as such but that's not what was said.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:42 - Jul 19 with 1339 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:39 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not going to sink to your level here son. It's possible to disagree on these things without resorting to base insults. That article says nothing like yiu claim it does and anyone with basic comprehension skills will realise that.

Would you not class 'I will deal with it' as a pledge then?
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:47 - Jul 19 with 1331 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:42 - Jul 19 by jack247

Would you not class 'I will deal with it' as a pledge then?

I wouldn't class it as a pledge to wipe out the debt no. Because it clearly wasn't.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 19:14]

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:53 - Jul 19 with 1327 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:47 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I wouldn't class it as a pledge to wipe out the debt no. Because it clearly wasn't.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 19:14]

That wasn't clear at all. That's how I interpreted it. No one clarified that wasn't what he meant when the press reported he was going to clear student loans.

I can guarantee thousands of people with student loans would have seen it the same way I did. He is a clever man
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:58 - Jul 19 with 1324 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:53 - Jul 19 by jack247

That wasn't clear at all. That's how I interpreted it. No one clarified that wasn't what he meant when the press reported he was going to clear student loans.

I can guarantee thousands of people with student loans would have seen it the same way I did. He is a clever man

It's not clear what it was because it was just a fairly woolly undertaking to consider, ameliorate,make better etc, but it is clear to me what it wasn't. We'll have to agree to differ.

You may well be right about what some interpreted it as. Let's be honest, Corbyn could claim to part the Red Sea and some would go for it. Ditto the equivalent people on the other side. If this thread shows anything it's that everyone reads, hears and interprets things differently, often depending on the perspective they start from.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 22:09]

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:06 - Jul 19 with 1306 viewsLoyal

People pay in for 37 years hoping for a pension.
And the goalposts get moved,
I'm waiting for the govt to announce no pensions for people with private ones.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:06 - Jul 19 with 1305 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:58 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's not clear what it was because it was just a fairly woolly undertaking to consider, ameliorate,make better etc, but it is clear to me what it wasn't. We'll have to agree to differ.

You may well be right about what some interpreted it as. Let's be honest, Corbyn could claim to part the Red Sea and some would go for it. Ditto the equivalent people on the other side. If this thread shows anything it's that everyone reads, hears and interprets things differently, often depending on the perspective they start from.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 22:09]

We will certainly have to agree to disagree on whether 'I will deal with it' is woolly or not. Fair enough though, agree with your second paragraph.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:08 - Jul 19 with 1298 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:06 - Jul 19 by jack247

We will certainly have to agree to disagree on whether 'I will deal with it' is woolly or not. Fair enough though, agree with your second paragraph.

Actually I'll agree that "I will deal with it" is a pledge. Just not a pledge to write off all existing student debt.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:12 - Jul 19 with 1288 viewsPozuelosSideys

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:06 - Jul 19 by Loyal

People pay in for 37 years hoping for a pension.
And the goalposts get moved,
I'm waiting for the govt to announce no pensions for people with private ones.

Its happening. The amount of fees which companies charge to admin them, as well as deductions which are applied for taking out lump sums are staggering

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:13 - Jul 19 with 1284 viewsLoyal

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:12 - Jul 19 by PozuelosSideys

Its happening. The amount of fees which companies charge to admin them, as well as deductions which are applied for taking out lump sums are staggering

Thing is people pay in at a certain time under a certain set of rules and then it's all change.
They won't find my savings. I've fcking spent them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:14 - Jul 19 with 1279 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:08 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Actually I'll agree that "I will deal with it" is a pledge. Just not a pledge to write off all existing student debt.

Sounds like something John McDonnell would say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024