Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 91894 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 2788 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:44 - Jul 24 by Swansea93

Leicester want 50m for Mahrez

Indeed they do Roma offered 27 and Leicester said 50.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 2769 viewsjackjackjackjack

If Sigurdsson stays he'll probably get injured, be ineffective when he does play, and get sold to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace next summer for £25m.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 2762 viewsAl_Bundy

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:40 - Jul 24 by EFC

I don't get why your being hostile tbh, we are a more attractive proposition and Siggurdssons not getting any younger, He'll be what 29 next season? He knows this is his last chance realistically to join a club challenging for Europe/top 4. You'll never get £45 million+ from any of the top 6 clubs and he doesn't want to move to Leicester.

I used to be like you mate and thought "sod the player if he has to stay he stays" then when you hit the glass ceiling of 6/7th and realise players have the power in modern football sadly you accept modern day football for what it is - players, managers and owners come and go, you just hope you reinvest the money/appoint better people.

Swansea are fully entitled to hold out for what they want, but part of me hopes we don't go to £50 million and look elsewhere, Mahrez for a reported £30 million would be much more value for money although it's not my money so I'll leave it to the club ha!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:43]

*Top 4*

Think your new found wealth has gone to your head
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 2759 viewsJack_Kass

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 19:40 - Jul 24 by raynor94

But when the goods are really only worth £3.00. You are laughing all the way to the bank

Means nothing.

The shop owner sets the price.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 2749 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:39 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

You can just see it happening late on.

Would be an absolute disaster.

You can't talk sense like that on here mun, let's just drag it out for the sake of £5 million, and the detriment of our squad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 2749 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:47 - Jul 24 by jackjackjackjack

If Sigurdsson stays he'll probably get injured, be ineffective when he does play, and get sold to Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace next summer for £25m.

Optimistic...
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 2737 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:47 - Jul 24 by Al_Bundy

*Top 4*

Think your new found wealth has gone to your head

They wont break the top 6. As much as they're spending, the others are miles ahead.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:49 - Jul 24 with 2724 viewsOldjack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:28 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Absolute rubbish, if you think he's staying your even more barking than I thought you were

He can fuk off for 50 mill ,other wise he stays ,it's as simple as that ,this is a hardball game now not a Treacherous Huw circus ,and rightly so ,Peanut

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 2694 viewsAl_Bundy

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:48 - Jul 24 by TheFranchise

They wont break the top 6. As much as they're spending, the others are miles ahead.

Very true.. don't tell the Evertonians.. They are the new Barca
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 2688 viewsChrisSCFC

Glass ceiling hit.

Lukaku knew.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:53 - Jul 24 with 2624 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:50 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Glass ceiling hit.

Lukaku knew.

New manager, half a new squad, new playing style. It'll be 2 seasons before they get near where they think they are. This isn't a game of football manager they're playing. This is real life.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:53]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:54 - Jul 24 with 2602 viewsBorojack

That's true it's not as if the others are standing still City have bought 3 full backs for 150 million combined.
Have we Signed that Barnsley lad yet

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:55 - Jul 24 with 2584 viewssnork44

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:39 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

You can just see it happening late on.

Would be an absolute disaster.

SSN are reporting that we have rejected Everton's bid of £40 million plus £5 million of add on's ,looks like the owners have more balls than Huwbert will ever get in a million years! I like Everton,but they are turning into Chelsea and Man City 'lite' and some of the Evertonians are showing the same arrogant and obnoxious traits that the fans of these clubs showed when they end up having immense riches invested into the teams ,when years previously they didn't have a pot to piss in until the Oligarchs and Oil Sheikhs spunked money into their respective clubs.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:59]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 2569 viewsdameedna

My reality is that Everton wont get top 4 but it looks like they will get top ten.
If Siggurdson and Llorente stay and the club agrees ti adjust 3 or 4 players we will have 8 better players than last season if we include the 4 from Jan.
Like Everton we will be miles off the top 4 but if we bring in 3 more quality players we would be stronger than Leicester and we may only have one chance to win the EPL.
It is a long time since we were top at Christmas.
It is one hell of a feeling.
Just saying.
Well done SCFC for running the shop well.
Deal done by Monday.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 2564 viewsGriffting

Depends for me.

If it was a bid of 40 million, then something ridiculous like 3 mil if they win the prem within 3 seasons and 2 mil if he wins the ballon d'or within 5.. then essentially it's just another 40 mil bid and we're right to reject.

But if they were reasonably achievable add ons I might have been inclined for us to do business.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:58 - Jul 24 with 2543 viewsJack_Kass

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:53 - Jul 24 by TheFranchise

New manager, half a new squad, new playing style. It'll be 2 seasons before they get near where they think they are. This isn't a game of football manager they're playing. This is real life.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:53]

Took City and Chelsea at least that amount of time and I don't think Everton are buying anywhere near to the level that those teams were

Its going to be the most expensive 6th placed finish in history.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:58]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:58 - Jul 24 with 2532 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:48 - Jul 24 by raynor94

You can't talk sense like that on here mun, let's just drag it out for the sake of £5 million, and the detriment of our squad

Gee whiz, this just proves the owners will never please everyone, no matter what they do.

We are sending out the much-needed message that we can't be taken advantage of, anymore. And make no mistake, the club is fully working on finding Siggy's replacement (and a couple other players), if/when they finally meet our demands.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:00 - Jul 24 with 2504 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:58 - Jul 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Gee whiz, this just proves the owners will never please everyone, no matter what they do.

We are sending out the much-needed message that we can't be taken advantage of, anymore. And make no mistake, the club is fully working on finding Siggy's replacement (and a couple other players), if/when they finally meet our demands.

I agree well said

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:03 - Jul 24 with 2462 viewsEFC

In the last 10 seasons

Everton
Leicester
Southampton
Newcastle
Aston Villa

All of the above have finished 6th or higher on atleast 1 occasion, the idea that the top 6 is some mystical wall that can't be broken is a fallacy. It was once the top 4 until City got their lottery win and Spurs estbalished themselves under Pochettino.

We finished 15 points ahead of 8th and that was in a season of transition, Lukakus goals got us a total of 9 points last season so even without any of his goals we still would have finished 6 points clear of 8th. Considering we are moving to a new 55-60k seater stadium, are investing decent sums in the playing squad and have improved other areas of the pitch namely the GK, CB and the midfield positions with Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassan and Sandro all signing the past season the league could effectively turn into a top 7.

In all fairness, even if we are still miles of the CL (which I agree with) o suggest Siggurdsson would rather stay fighting relegation than be playing in Europe next season is deluded tbh.

But Everton fans have heard it all last season:

Southampton fans said it over Koeman
Palace fans said it over Bolasie
Burnley fans said it over Keane
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:05]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:10 - Jul 24 with 2370 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:58 - Jul 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

£45 million is not being taken advantage of, and I agree it's nice see the club playing hardball, but for how long? season is 3 weeks away, and when he's gone and we get new players in we'll be playing catch up again. We should have learnt our lesson

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:11 - Jul 24 with 2352 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:03 - Jul 24 by EFC

In the last 10 seasons

Everton
Leicester
Southampton
Newcastle
Aston Villa

All of the above have finished 6th or higher on atleast 1 occasion, the idea that the top 6 is some mystical wall that can't be broken is a fallacy. It was once the top 4 until City got their lottery win and Spurs estbalished themselves under Pochettino.

We finished 15 points ahead of 8th and that was in a season of transition, Lukakus goals got us a total of 9 points last season so even without any of his goals we still would have finished 6 points clear of 8th. Considering we are moving to a new 55-60k seater stadium, are investing decent sums in the playing squad and have improved other areas of the pitch namely the GK, CB and the midfield positions with Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassan and Sandro all signing the past season the league could effectively turn into a top 7.

In all fairness, even if we are still miles of the CL (which I agree with) o suggest Siggurdsson would rather stay fighting relegation than be playing in Europe next season is deluded tbh.

Couldn't had done it without you mate.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 2283 viewsmonmouth

Crikey.

This might all be a bit Nutsville Tennessee but I'm enjoying watching this saga. Get them to offer 50, and then say "51"

Go on Jase/Steve. I double dare you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 2231 viewsexiledclaseboy

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Crikey.

This might all be a bit Nutsville Tennessee but I'm enjoying watching this saga. Get them to offer 50, and then say "51"

"Get them to offer 50, and then say "51""

Ha, that would be funny.

Poll: Tory leader

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 2230 viewsHeadmaster

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Crikey.

A part of me is loving all this, fair play.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 2189 viewsdobjack2

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:03 - Jul 24 by EFC

In the last 10 seasons

Everton
Leicester
Southampton
Newcastle
Aston Villa

Throwing cash around means paying the price or shopping elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024