Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 92591 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 2503 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:12 - Jul 24 by Borojack

We are working on incoming deals they have a billionaire owner if they can afford to double Sigurdsson wages they can afford 50 million.
Pay the price or bugger off.
If Kyle Walker is worth 52 Gylfi is worth 50.

I don't give two shits about Siggy, I'd never want to see him in a Swans shirt again, hence I'd have taken the £45 million and moved on, and stepped up the effort in getting players in, two friendlies before the season starts, as I said my fear is playing catch up again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 2500 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:20 - Jul 24 by EFC

We got £75 million upfront for Rom mate, if you get £40 million which is more than half what we got for a 23 year old forward who bangs 25 goals a season. Siggurdsson is 28 with little resale value who whilst had very good stats isn't on the same level of player as Lukaku. The likes of Morata went for what £65 million? Bernado Silva £42 million? Salah £38 million?

I just think we've offered more than what you'll get elsewhere, as they say something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The markets crazy and once you get that £50 million every club out there will be looking to add another £5-10 million onto your targets which you'll pay as deadline day approaches.

It's madness mate.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 22:21]

He is a quality player without him would have gone down last season that's worth more than 50 million

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:25 - Jul 24 with 2480 viewsPozuelosSideys

We got £75 million upfront for Rom mate, if you get £40 million which is more than half what we got for a 23 year old forward who bangs 25 goals a season. Siggurdsson is 28 with little resale value who whilst had very good stats isn't on the same level of player as Lukaku. The likes of Morata went for what £65 million? Bernado Silva £42 million? Salah £38 million?

I just think we've offered more than what you'll get elsewhere, as they say something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The markets crazy and once you get that £50 million every club out there will be looking to add another £5-10 million onto your targets which you'll pay as deadline day approaches.

It's madness mate.

You got £75m upfront for Lukaku which is top dollar, especially when Morata cost £60m. That was your valuation for your best player, £50m is our valuation for our best player.

Why should you get top dollar, but we take the hit? Youre a mid table club like we are. We are all selling clubs. There is absolutely no difference in the sale of Lukaku as compared to the sale of Gylfi. None, zero.

You even have the liquid funding to pay for it as you mentioned.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:25 - Jul 24 with 2473 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:22 - Jul 24 by raynor94

I don't give two shits about Siggy, I'd never want to see him in a Swans shirt again, hence I'd have taken the £45 million and moved on, and stepped up the effort in getting players in, two friendlies before the season starts, as I said my fear is playing catch up again

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:29 - Jul 24 with 2426 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:22 - Jul 24 by raynor94

That's fair comment but like I said we have irons in the fire Bony Jenkinson Wiltshire Chadli have all been mentioned recently.
If he had gone for 45 it would have been a fair price but you have to give the Yanks some credit for sticking to there guns.
Everton will cave in eventually and we will get the players we want.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 2397 views34dfgdf54

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:58 - Jul 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Gee whiz, this just proves the owners will never please everyone, no matter what they do.

We are sending out the much-needed message that we can't be taken advantage of, anymore. And make no mistake, the club is fully working on finding Siggy's replacement (and a couple other players), if/when they finally meet our demands.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 20:59]

Not at all, if the board are playing hard ball then good on them, but don't bottle it a week before deadline day and accept the £45m because the extra £5m isn't coming so we sh*t out.

We are completely f*cked with the squad as it is with Siggy, never mind without him and not having time to bring replacements in.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:35 - Jul 24 with 2347 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:25 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

You got £75m upfront for Lukaku which is top dollar, especially when Morata cost £60m. That was your valuation for your best player, £50m is our valuation for our best player.

Why should you get top dollar, but we take the hit? Youre a mid table club like we are. We are all selling clubs. There is absolutely no difference in the sale of Lukaku as compared to the sale of Gylfi. None, zero.

You even have the liquid funding to pay for it as you mentioned.

We wanted £100 million for Lukaku - we got £75 rising to £90 million

Swansea are holding out for £50 million - if Everton pull out tomorrow and the most you get offered is £35-40 million from a Leicester would you seriously applaud your board?

Or you sell him with 2 weeks to go before the window and panic buy on overpriced players?

Or be stuck with a player who doesn't want to be at the club?

Im just saying we've hardly done a West Ham and offered you 5 pence, we've made a massive bid and imo your board are dragging the deal over which certainly doesn't help you guys.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:35 - Jul 24 with 2338 viewsPozuelosSideys

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:32 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not at all, if the board are playing hard ball then good on them, but don't bottle it a week before deadline day and accept the £45m because the extra £5m isn't coming so we sh*t out.

We are completely f*cked with the squad as it is with Siggy, never mind without him and not having time to bring replacements in.

Are we though?

Its the same squad that did very well over the last few weeks of the season, with Mesa instead of Cork and a backup in Abraham

I agree that there needs to be more quality over the course of the season and its a bit thin currently, but to say we are fhucked is a bit over the top. Clement went on record a few weeks ago saying he was happy enough, albeit could do with 1 or 2 players

It wouldnt suprise me one bit if we didnt spunk much of the 50m, even if we did get it. What the fans want, and what the club/manager wants are two very different things

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:36 - Jul 24 with 2329 viewsmagicdaps10

It's madness mate.

Wtf are you on!!

Sell to Everton for 50m and our targets will go up in value for 5-10m.........but they wont if we sell at todays bid of 45m.

Jesus fooking wept!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:37 - Jul 24 with 2326 viewsPozuelosSideys

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:35 - Jul 24 by EFC

We wanted £100 million for Lukaku - we got £75 rising to £90 million

Swansea are holding out for £50 million - if Everton pull out tomorrow and the most you get offered is £35-40 million from a Leicester would you seriously applaud your board?

Or you sell him with 2 weeks to go before the window and panic buy on overpriced players?

Or be stuck with a player who doesn't want to be at the club?

Im just saying we've hardly done a West Ham and offered you 5 pence, we've made a massive bid and imo your board are dragging the deal over which certainly doesn't help you guys.

If that happens and we keep the player, then great! Im one of them on here who rates the guy and would be happy he stayed.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:43 - Jul 24 with 2247 viewsGlyn1

It's madness mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/24/swansea-reject-second-everton-b

"Swansea City remain resolute in their £50m valuation of Gylfi Sigurdsson, having rejected a second bid worth up to £45m from Everton for the Iceland international.
Everton's second offer on Monday "is understood to have been £40m plus £5m in add-ons. ... Swansea believe their valuation of a consistently creative talent to be fair in a transfer market where Manchester City paid £50m for the right-back Kyle Walker." Negotiations are continuing.

Whatever happens, this is going to be decided before the Southampton match as Koeman wants to conclude all his transfer business before then (according to the Guardian, anyway).

If Everton did now agree to £50 million, wouldn't they look weak to their fans by being bullied by our American owners (who sure know how to play hardball).
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 22:44]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:44 - Jul 24 with 2236 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:36 - Jul 24 by magicdaps10

Wtf are you on!!

Sell to Everton for 50m and our targets will go up in value for 5-10m.........but they wont if we sell at todays bid of 45m.

Jesus fooking wept!

Because it's clear to anyone with 2 eyes that Siggurdsson is as good as gone, it's a case of when will Everton offer the £50 million that Swansea will accept. If Koeman decides to wait til August 20th and puts that offer in and you guys accept, do you really think you won't then be tucked up for your replacement/transfer targets so late in the window by clubs knowing you have £50 million in your back pocket?

There's a reason why clubs prefer to do their business early mate.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:45 - Jul 24 with 2222 viewsPozuelosSideys

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:44 - Jul 24 by EFC

Because it's clear to anyone with 2 eyes that Siggurdsson is as good as gone, it's a case of when will Everton offer the £50 million that Swansea will accept. If Koeman decides to wait til August 20th and puts that offer in and you guys accept, do you really think you won't then be tucked up for your replacement/transfer targets so late in the window by clubs knowing you have £50 million in your back pocket?

You dont know our chairman

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:47 - Jul 24 with 2196 viewsandypitt56

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:37 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

If that happens and we keep the player, then great! Im one of them on here who rates the guy and would be happy he stayed.

Good to see the club standing firm. They either pay the price or move on. Why should the club lower the valuation. Everton have been told the price, yet they refuse to match it, no respect what so over for our club. Hopefully they realise they wont get him and he stays here. Without him next season it could be another difficult year.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:47 - Jul 24 with 2193 views34dfgdf54

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:35 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

Are we though?

Its the same squad that did very well over the last few weeks of the season, with Mesa instead of Cork and a backup in Abraham

I agree that there needs to be more quality over the course of the season and its a bit thin currently, but to say we are fhucked is a bit over the top. Clement went on record a few weeks ago saying he was happy enough, albeit could do with 1 or 2 players

It wouldnt suprise me one bit if we didnt spunk much of the 50m, even if we did get it. What the fans want, and what the club/manager wants are two very different things

Ah see, same squad that did well last few weeks of season, not buying that whatsoever. We struggled over 38 games, this squad is seriously short of quality. Clement said himself, we can't be in the position we was every season. See Sunderland.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:50 - Jul 24 with 2150 viewsWarwickHunt

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Crikey.

This might all be a bit Nutsville Tennessee but I'm enjoying watching this saga. Get them to offer 50, and then say "51"

Go on Jase/Steve. I double dare you.

Payable in one pound coins and delivered by Ash.

Naked, on horseback.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:51 - Jul 24 with 2147 viewsPozuelosSideys

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:47 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

Ah see, same squad that did well last few weeks of season, not buying that whatsoever. We struggled over 38 games, this squad is seriously short of quality. Clement said himself, we can't be in the position we was every season. See Sunderland.

Wouldnt disagree. But our net spend is about flat and our wage bill is down a hefty chunk as it stands.

Do need at least 3 bits of quality though, suspect there is more to leave before anything comes in mind, regardless of what happens here

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:56 - Jul 24 with 2089 views34dfgdf54

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:51 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

Wouldnt disagree. But our net spend is about flat and our wage bill is down a hefty chunk as it stands.

Do need at least 3 bits of quality though, suspect there is more to leave before anything comes in mind, regardless of what happens here

So much dead wood here it's scary. Shows how bad it has become since Huw took sole charge of transfers.

Agree with you though, three players needed even with Siggy staying.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:00 - Jul 24 with 2060 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:47 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

Bit of a difference having a competent CDM on the pitch, here's hoping captain Jack gets similar game time at Burnley.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:05 - Jul 24 with 2006 viewsTheResurrection

It's madness mate.

Mate, you will have to excuse me as you will feel I am just another bitter football fan whose about to lose their best player.

But believe me, regular posters on this site will know differently.

You will get Siggy and for what's on the table now or not too much more, and I don't think you will end the interest as clearly Koeman has him already planned in, and by planned in I can only imagine he sees him in that wider left attacking role he played for us for most of the season, cos a Number 10 he just bloody ain't.

BUT... 10 to 15 games in you will see Siggy more and more on the bench and maybe coming on for 20 minutes or so if things aren't going your way, or not at all if they are. You will find out during those first 10 to 15 games when you watch him for 90 minutes game in game out that he's slow, has a very ordinary first touch, looks for passes that just aren't on, doesn't link that well with his fellow midfielders or strikers, can't go past or around a man and loses possession a lot.

Don't get me wrong he does have some strong qualities as well, he works hard, runs his bloody socks off in fact and give him a ball dead still, with no one around him for 10 yards, and he can whip it on the button from most places in the opposition half, he's not so good with corners but can pop them in from direct free kicks on a fairly regular and impressive basis.

£45m? It's a hideous price for him and I mean that as kindly as it can sound.

I am literally desperate for him to go so we can get back to being the Swansea we once were, where a passing, fluent and fast attacking style can once again be reintroduced.

Lastly, I apologise for some of the tvvats on this message board - but we've all got them.

Cheers lah *thumbs up*

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:07 - Jul 24 with 1983 viewsdobjack2

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:44 - Jul 24 by EFC

I agree with doing business early but this smells a bit like your neighbours pursuit of van dijk.

Comments made by our owners suggest that they believe that a deal has been made in respect of a contract before a fee has been agreed between the clubs. I Believe that is called tapping up and there are rules against it. If hardball is being played it's probably because of your new management team.

Money corrupts.

I suspect your new owner is smart enough not to totally sh!t on your clubs traditions straight away but give it time and there is every likelihood you will become a second rate Chelsea which would be very sad.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:17 - Jul 24 with 1884 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:05 - Jul 24 by TheResurrection

Mate, you will have to excuse me as you will feel I am just another bitter football fan whose about to lose their best player.

You will get Siggy and for what's on the table now or not too much more, and I don't think you will end the interest as clearly Koeman has him already planned in, and by planned in I can only imagine he sees him in that wider left attacking role he played for us for most of the season, cos a Number 10 he just bloody ain't.

BUT... 10 to 15 games in you will see Siggy more and more on the bench and maybe coming on for 20 minutes or so if things aren't going your way, or not at all if they are. You will find out during those first 10 to 15 games when you watch him for 90 minutes game in game out that he's slow, has a very ordinary first touch, looks for passes that just aren't on, doesn't link that well with his fellow midfielders or strikers, can't go past or around a man and loses possession a lot.

Don't get me wrong he does have some strong qualities as well, he works hard, runs his bloody socks off in fact and give him a ball dead still, with no one around him for 10 yards, and he can whip it on the button from most places in the opposition half, he's not so good with corners but can pop them in from direct free kicks on a fairly regular and impressive basis.

I am literally desperate for him to go so we can get back to being the Swansea we once were, where a passing, fluent and fast attacking style can once again be reintroduced.

Lastly, I apologise for some of the tvvats on this message board - but we've all got them.

Cheers lah *thumbs up*

I'm not 100% sold on him tbh mate but the stats I've seen are impressive and I trust Koeman to get it right. I agree I think we'll go 4-3- 3 with him wide left something like:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Williams Baines

Gana Klaassan Schnerderlin

Sandro Giroud/Benteke Siggurdsson

I imagine that'll be what the team will look like should he sign and we go for a big target man through the centre.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 23:25]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:23 - Jul 24 with 1824 viewsTheResurrection

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:17 - Jul 24 by EFC

I'm not 100% sold on him tbh mate but the stats I've seen are impressive and I trust Koeman to get it right. I agree I think we'll go 4-3- 3 with him wide left something like:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Williams Baines

Gana Klaassan Schnerderlin

Sandro Giroud/Benteke Siggurdsson

I imagine that'll be what the team will look like should he sign and we go for a big target man through the centre.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 23:25]

Yes I think you will as well but what you'll quickly see is that he's a wasted position out there, as,

1) he's not a wide operator, he was basically shoehorned out there cos he was so ineffective at 10 and we were shapeless.

2) You could probably find a better wideman from your youth ranks, one who can get to the by-line or at least go past a man and get the ball across.

As I have been banging on ALL season, his stats without set pieces are as dull as dishwater. He's your quintessential NFL kicker, just a pity you can't wheel him off during game time.

Trust me, you will see this.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:24 - Jul 24 with 1819 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:07 - Jul 24 by dobjack2

I agree with doing business early but this smells a bit like your neighbours pursuit of van dijk.

Comments made by our owners suggest that they believe that a deal has been made in respect of a contract before a fee has been agreed between the clubs. I Believe that is called tapping up and there are rules against it. If hardball is being played it's probably because of your new management team.

Money corrupts.

I suspect your new owner is smart enough not to totally sh!t on your clubs traditions straight away but give it time and there is every likelihood you will become a second rate Chelsea which would be very sad.

Van Dijk was taken on Blackpool teacups by Klopp and has been told to force a move by Ex LFC players and pundits, it's nothing like that situation mate. It's your typical player has interest from club and wants the move so acts up. Lukaku basically knew which club he was going to before we even accepted a bid from Utd these things go on.

I don't believe our new owner is whiter than white, and his long term business partner Alisher Usmanov who's the Russian shareholder at arsenal sponsors our training ground which some people believe Moshiri is a puppet and Usmanov is the De facto owner of us as the pair bought into arsenal together in which Usmanov bought Moshiris shares out to buy us.

Whatever happens on the pitch what I know is our fans will always remain classy, Everton in the Community is one of the best community projects in England and our club does massive charity work. We have the likes of Speedo Mick who raises money for various charities, we donated the 250k to young Sunderland fan Bradley and made him our mascot/are doing a charity match this summer in his honour. Add in support for LFC over the years for the fight for justice Very few clubs can boast the amount of good work we do in the Community and Bill Kenwright for all his faults is a great ambassador.

I feel your fans judge the club based off a few idiots on Twitter and the fact we have turned the head of your best player, but we are totally different from the plastic clubs like Chelsea.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:25 - Jul 24 with 1804 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 23:05 - Jul 24 by TheResurrection

Cheers lah *thumbs up*

Well said.

Roll on Llorente f*cking off and then we can finally start to look forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024