Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne routledge 15:20 - Jul 23 with 4905 viewshughesy2013

Wanted by harry redknapp at Birmingham in todays sun on Sunday...get rid of him!
Wayne routledge on 15:32 - Jul 23 with 3529 viewsraynor94

Been an excellent servant, if he wants to move on fine, doesn't deserve the " get rid of " happy to have in the squad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wayne routledge on 15:43 - Jul 23 with 3467 viewsJBT95

Best winger we have, why would we sell him?
Wayne routledge on 15:45 - Jul 23 with 3449 viewsHeadmaster

Wayne routledge on 15:32 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Been an excellent servant, if he wants to move on fine, doesn't deserve the " get rid of " happy to have in the squad

We should have no time for sentiment. Yes he's been good for us, but is no longer. If he was as good as Leon still is, I wouldn't say so much. He needs to go, like Taylor before him, so we can get an upgrade. Montero and Barrow should also go too. Free up their wages and spend the money on players who can start regularly.

We still need a winger, right back, and a midfielder. That's without replacing Sigurdsson should he leave. Starters, not squad players.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 15:46]
Wayne routledge on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 3442 viewshobo

Wayne routledge on 15:43 - Jul 23 by JBT95

Because none of them are good enough
Wayne routledge on 15:49 - Jul 23 with 3415 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne routledge on 15:45 - Jul 23 by Headmaster

We should have no time for sentiment. Yes he's been good for us, but is no longer. If he was as good as Leon still is, I wouldn't say so much. He needs to go, like Taylor before him, so we can get an upgrade. Montero and Barrow should also go too. Free up their wages and spend the money on players who can start regularly.

We still need a winger, right back, and a midfielder. That's without replacing Sigurdsson should he leave. Starters, not squad players.

There's a difference between no sentiment and the lack of respect signified by "get rid".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wayne routledge on 15:53 - Jul 23 with 3387 viewsDJack

Wayne routledge on 15:49 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

There's a difference between no sentiment and the lack of respect signified by "get rid".

Correct.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Wayne routledge on 15:59 - Jul 23 with 3340 viewsjack247

We need squad players too. We can't go into the season with a squad of 18. He shouldn't be any more than a squad player next season, but if he goes, we need to replace him in that capacity. Montero and Barrow will probably go if anyone wants them. No issue with Routledge going, he looked shot at times last season, but he does provide cover on both sides and in an emergency, in the middle. We would need to replace him with another squad player who can cover those positions.
Wayne routledge on 16:01 - Jul 23 with 3330 viewsswanforthemoney

Fine servant. Respectfully, I'd let him go.
There was a period last season where a very high percentages of his passes were not finding our player. Also he cant seem to find the net when given a half chance. I think the Premier League has improved immeasurably over the past 3 years or so and left Wayne behind.
Will he take the cut in wages in return for first team football?

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne routledge on 16:48 - Jul 23 with 3101 viewsCooperman

I'd let Monty and Mo go before Routs.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wayne routledge on 16:52 - Jul 23 with 3075 viewsjack247

Wayne routledge on 16:01 - Jul 23 by swanforthemoney

Fine servant. Respectfully, I'd let him go.
There was a period last season where a very high percentages of his passes were not finding our player. Also he cant seem to find the net when given a half chance. I think the Premier League has improved immeasurably over the past 3 years or so and left Wayne behind.
Will he take the cut in wages in return for first team football?

Fair comment. I'd love us to sign a winger with his brain, but more pace and especially composure
Wayne routledge on 17:02 - Jul 23 with 3031 viewsAl_Bundy

This..

Ridiculous sentiment for a player who has very little impact at this level now.

And a three year contract WTF
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 17:04]
Wayne routledge on 17:16 - Jul 23 with 2952 viewsSTID2017

Narsingh is better IMO.
Best of luck to Wayne if he goes.
I must say I was usually disappointed when he was selected last season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wayne routledge on 17:32 - Jul 23 with 2892 viewsDewi1jack

Trouble is, although we need better I know, he is better to have on the bench or on the park than Jeff or Barrow.
At least Routs will help out the defence.
And I don't see us buying 2 wingers let alone 3 or 4

For me, keep as a squad player.
We're woefully short in the starters let alone the squad

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wayne routledge on 17:38 - Jul 23 with 2858 viewsjack247

Wayne routledge on 17:32 - Jul 23 by Dewi1jack

Trouble is, although we need better I know, he is better to have on the bench or on the park than Jeff or Barrow.
At least Routs will help out the defence.
And I don't see us buying 2 wingers let alone 3 or 4

For me, keep as a squad player.
We're woefully short in the starters let alone the squad

That's how I see it too, though I'd put him much further down the pecking order now than I would have in the past. In truth, we probably need to replace him, even as a squad player, but he can do a job until we do.
Wayne routledge on 17:39 - Jul 23 with 2851 viewsJango

If he really has the footballing brain that some of our fans believe then he would have averaged more than 2 goals and 2 assists a season since he's been here. We need wingers with far superior ability than routledge has ever had to really progress.
Wayne routledge on 17:45 - Jul 23 with 2814 viewsJack_Kass

No room for sentiment especially on the back of last season

Needs to be moved on

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Wayne routledge on 17:45 - Jul 23 with 2804 viewsjacabertawe

Wayne routledge on 16:48 - Jul 23 by Cooperman

Correct.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Wayne routledge on 17:48 - Jul 23 with 2777 viewsjack247

Wayne routledge on 17:39 - Jul 23 by Jango

If he really has the footballing brain that some of our fans believe then he would have averaged more than 2 goals and 2 assists a season since he's been here. We need wingers with far superior ability than routledge has ever had to really progress.

He does. The managers who have kept picking him believed it too. He has always suffered from stage fright when through on goal or looking to play a killer pass though. It's massively frustrating and I can't defend him on it, it's a glaring weakness.

He probably does need moving on, but not until we have better backup options.
Wayne routledge on 17:55 - Jul 23 with 2746 viewspencoedjack

Wayne routledge on 16:48 - Jul 23 by Cooperman

I'd add Dyer to that list it's seems sentiment is forgotten when it comes to little Nath
Wayne routledge on 18:15 - Jul 23 with 2650 viewsJackofdreambeach

Wayne routledge on 17:48 - Jul 23 by jack247

He does. The managers who have kept picking him believed it too. He has always suffered from stage fright when through on goal or looking to play a killer pass though. It's massively frustrating and I can't defend him on it, it's a glaring weakness.

He probably does need moving on, but not until we have better backup options.

Routledge played a major part in our success story in the premiership.

Unfortunately his consistency has faltered over last 18 months. ( Difficult undercurrent
at the club granted ) . Good luck to him if he leaves.

Gylfi going to Everton will surely see 'statement' signings throughout side.

Gylfi saga aside I think Paul Clement would have wanted to trim squad and get better competition in certain positions. The wide position needs strengthening.
Wayne routledge on 18:19 - Jul 23 with 2631 viewsDaggyjack

Says more about the lack of quality in the rest of our wingers I'm afraid.

Great servant but I'd sell at the the right price.
Wayne routledge on 18:36 - Jul 23 with 2548 viewsJackSomething

Wayne routledge on 17:39 - Jul 23 by Jango

How's that average compare to our other wingers in the PL era? I wouldn't have thought any of them other than Sinclair would be much better.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wayne routledge on 18:38 - Jul 23 with 2538 viewsjack247

Wayne routledge on 18:15 - Jul 23 by Jackofdreambeach

Routledge played a major part in our success story in the premiership.

Unfortunately his consistency has faltered over last 18 months. ( Difficult undercurrent
at the club granted ) . Good luck to him if he leaves.

Gylfi going to Everton will surely see 'statement' signings throughout side.

Gylfi saga aside I think Paul Clement would have wanted to trim squad and get better competition in certain positions. The wide position needs strengthening.

Can't argue with any of that mate
Wayne routledge on 18:39 - Jul 23 with 2529 viewsbluenile

Wayne routledge on 15:49 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Agree, sounds almost like drowning an unwanted puppy in a sack.....................some people have no class whatsoever.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Wayne routledge on 19:23 - Jul 23 with 2416 viewsDr_Winston

Wayne routledge on 18:39 - Jul 23 by bluenile

Agree, sounds almost like drowning an unwanted puppy in a sack.....................some people have no class whatsoever.

It's one of the truths of football. Fans abuse their own players like this yet expect them to show total loyalty in return.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024