Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rare species of snake found in UK 17:50 - Aug 8 with 2678 viewsmax936

Great I hate Snakes apparently there are now 4 species of Snake here now, I thought it was just the Grass Snake and the Adder?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/a-new-species-of-snake-has-been-discovered-

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 889 viewsBanosswan

Slow worms have eyelids, which makes them a lizard.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:28 - Aug 8 with 876 viewsCooperman

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:22 - Aug 8 by Banosswan

Slow worms have eyelids, which makes them a lizard.

Fact of the day 👍

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:34 - Aug 8 with 862 viewsBanosswan

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:28 - Aug 8 by Cooperman

Fact of the day 👍

They also have ear openings, which snakes do not. But that's a bit geeky.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:52 - Aug 8 with 845 viewsmalagajack

Get a few of these around the garden every year

https://www.google.es/search?q=viper+snake+spain&client=tablet-android-asus-rev&
Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:58 - Aug 8 with 836 viewsmax936

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:52 - Aug 8 by malagajack

Get a few of these around the garden every year

https://www.google.es/search?q=viper+snake+spain&client=tablet-android-asus-rev&

Hope you've got a big heavy shovel, I'd have one that's forsure I hate the things. We're over there shortly to Alcudia hope I don't come across any

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rare species of snake found in UK on 23:43 - Aug 8 with 826 viewsN_T_J

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:09 - Aug 8 by pikeypaul

Can not believe that,how many grass snakes around here have even ever seen a cobra?

I didnt ask you to believe it.

Just saying what was on tv before
Rare species of snake found in UK on 09:03 - Aug 9 with 764 viewsNogginthenog

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:14 - Aug 8 by max936

I was fishing down White Springs a few yrs ago and I was preparing bait or a cuppa when I looked up and saw a Grassie swimming through my swim about 6ft away it was like a fecking serpent with about a 3rd of its body out of the water it spooked the fuk out of me bastard thing.

That may have been a White snake did it play heavy rock?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 9:04]
Rare species of snake found in UK on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 731 viewsbiggar

Would love to seen an adder close up. Gutted I've not managed it yet :(
Fascinating creatures.
Login to get fewer ads

Rare species of snake found in UK on 15:56 - Aug 9 with 710 viewsCountyJim

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:11 - Aug 8 by max936

Them and rats just about tolerate mice but not those two, nothing else doesn't bother me.

Snakes are very good for us and eco system Steve

They will kill them pesky rats
Rare species of snake found in UK on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 700 viewsmalagajack

Rare species of snake found in UK on 22:58 - Aug 8 by max936

Hope you've got a big heavy shovel, I'd have one that's forsure I hate the things. We're over there shortly to Alcudia hope I don't come across any

i tend to let them be, they usually just slope off, there was 1 last year on the terrace that had a gheko in its mouth, stopped still when i saw it right in front of me, it slowly opened its mouth and let the lizard go and disappeared into the plants. they usually only have a go at you if they are cornered or provoked.
Rare species of snake found in UK on 18:47 - Aug 9 with 685 viewsDavillin

Rare species of snake found in UK on 21:19 - Aug 8 by BrynCartwright

We have slowworms in our garden but if picked up they are likely to shite/pee on you and apparently it is mank. They are beautiful creatures. If you have any relatively quiet bit of longer grass, just put an old bit of metal zinc sheeting down and they just love getting warm under it.

So do snakes. Be advised.

In the field behind my previous home way out in the country was a 4' by 12' corrugated metal sheet. When I flipped it over preparatory to getting rid of it, there lay eight snakes, six different species. Very colourfu!! They were a bit sluggish, to their terminal detriment.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:32 - Aug 9 with 673 viewspikeypaul

Rare species of snake found in UK on 18:47 - Aug 9 by Davillin

In the field behind my previous home way out in the country was a 4' by 12' corrugated metal sheet. When I flipped it over preparatory to getting rid of it, there lay eight snakes, six different species. Very colourfu!! They were a bit sluggish, to their terminal detriment.

Did you draw a graph of it?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:52 - Aug 9 with 664 viewsDarran

What were they Tone?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rare species of snake found in UK on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 659 viewslondonlisa2001

I would quite genuinely have a heart attack.

I cannot stand them.

I walked out of the sitting room when Snakes on a Plane was on as I can't even watch them on the TV.

Irrational I know. And yes, I also know they are supposedly more frightened of me than I am of them, but to be honest, I don't believe that to be the case.
Rare species of snake found in UK on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 659 viewsItchySphincter

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:52 - Aug 9 by Darran

What were they Tone?

Snakes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rare species of snake found in UK on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 611 viewsDavillin

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:32 - Aug 9 by pikeypaul

Did you draw a graph of it?

Your sense of humour is severely limited to one very tired-out reference to graphs. I laughed the first time I read it and and chuckled the second. Now nothing but an un-funny reply like this one.

Sometime graphs look like snakes crawling around on the page. I'll work on it.

Rare species of snake found in UK on 19:47 - Aug 10 with 606 viewsDavillin

Rare species of snake found in UK on 20:52 - Aug 9 by Darran

What were they Tone?

Mostly different species of garter snakes, a couple I had not seen before, but no nasties. Here in eastern Pennsylvania we have three poisonous snakes in abundance -- copperheads, rattlers, and water moccasins -- all easily identified [thank goodness], but none in that batch.

Had one unidentified visitor in my back yard a week ago -- probably not a nasty -- that frightened my dog as it slithered back to the yard next over, which is rarely trimmed, looks like a mini-jungle, and makes an inviting habitat for the slitherers.

From age 8 to age 17, I lived three doors up from that one, where we had a warm-weather colony under a pile of rocks in our back yard, which is/was directly across the alley from the woods.

Last Spring, we a huge rain storm which resulted in floods of water coming down the mountain. With it came a copperhead through my neighbor's yard across the street, then down beside my house and temporarily taking refuge under my back porch. After the ground absorbed the huge puddles, she disappeared.

Never a dull moment in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I love it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024