Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top 19:22 - Aug 14 with 2840 viewsSwans_16

Just read this on WalesOnline after thinking a similar thing myself over the weekend.

Put Ayew in the No. 10 role for now, Tammy and Fernando up front ?

Sounds excellent in theory, two physical players. Tammy the fastest player in the squad too (and probably most skillful) so would be an excellent partnership i think.

Discuss ...
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:24 - Aug 14 with 1785 viewsSwans777

I just posted a thread on the exact same subject, my friend.
It's a great idea, unleash hell.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:25 - Aug 14 with 1779 viewsjack247

Haven't seen the article, which position are they going to sacrifice to play with a #10 and two strikers?
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:33 - Aug 14 with 1746 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:25 - Aug 14 by jack247

Haven't seen the article, which position are they going to sacrifice to play with a #10 and two strikers?

Doesn't go into detail, but personally I'd love to see it, one 6 ft 4 and the other 6 ft 3.
Llorente probably the best forward in the premier league, with his head and Abraham, a great prospect.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:35 - Aug 14 with 1738 viewsTheFranchise

The one we've been playing with already? We've been using the 442 diamond for ages. Tammy and Ayew have been upfront with Routs at the tip of the diamond on Saturday.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:35 - Aug 14 with 1735 viewsSwans_16

Apologies, not a number 10. Ayew at the top of the Diamond.

Fab
Naughton - Fed - Alfie - Olsson
Mesa
Carroll - Fer
Ayew
Tammy - Llorente

That's how i'd like to see us line-up against Man Utd. I know many will say Mesa needs to settle but come on he's an £11 million signing and one of the best in La Liga last season. Britton struggled against Southampton, give Mesa a chance albeit against the best team of the season so far.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 1709 viewsswancity

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:35 - Aug 14 by Swans_16

Fab
Mesa
Carroll - Fer
Ayew
Tammy - Llorente

That's how i'd like to see us line-up against Man Utd. I know many will say Mesa needs to settle but come on he's an £11 million signing and one of the best in La Liga last season. Britton struggled against Southampton, give Mesa a chance albeit against the best team of the season so far.

That's not going to happen. It's asking for a 0-6 result

But it could only work in a 3-5-2 with three centre backs. Do we have three that are up to it? Possibly.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:39 - Aug 14 with 1694 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:35 - Aug 14 by Swans_16

Fab
Mesa
Carroll - Fer
Ayew
Tammy - Llorente

I'd go for that team too.
Britton did struggle on Saturday.
Time for P C to be brave, Mesa, Llorente and Abraham.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:41 - Aug 14 with 1683 viewsJackfath

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:39 - Aug 14 by Swans777

I'd go for that team too.
Britton did struggle on Saturday.
Time for P C to be brave, Mesa, Llorente and Abraham.

And when we get slaughtered, what would the reaction on here and generally be. We need to build slowly. It's the second game of the season. Confidence my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:42 - Aug 14 with 1676 viewsSwans_16

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:38 - Aug 14 by swancity

That's not going to happen. It's asking for a 0-6 result

But it could only work in a 3-5-2 with three centre backs. Do we have three that are up to it? Possibly.

Why do you say that ?

Mesa, Carroll, Fer and the overall tenacity of Ayew closer to the centre of the park will give us more chance against a dominant Matic etc.

You can't play 5 in midfield like that unless you want to play similar to how Wales play with Wing-Backs, KN is hardly a defender. A wing-back he certainly is not.

I'd stick with the diamond as posted above.

ADDENDUM: JackFath, i think we're going to get slaughtered anyway. We need the 'outlet' as it's termed these days. We can't invite pressure onto ourselves like we did at Southampton, that would result in a trouncing.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 19:44]
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 1661 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:41 - Aug 14 by Jackfath

And when we get slaughtered, what would the reaction on here and generally be. We need to build slowly. It's the second game of the season. Confidence my friend.

My glass is half full my friend.
One thing is for sure , if we want to get slaughtered, then play the team that played at Southampton.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 1657 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If anything, we'll only see it the last 20 minutes or so this Saturday if we are chasing goal(s). No way is Llorente ready to start after no preseason.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 1656 viewsjack247

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:35 - Aug 14 by TheFranchise

The one we've been playing with already? We've been using the 442 diamond for ages. Tammy and Ayew have been upfront with Routs at the tip of the diamond on Saturday.

Didn't see us Saturday, but assuming you're going back to last season, we haven't really been playing with two strikers. Ayew has had a roaming attacking role. Possibly Tammy could play that role, I thought he was a centre forward though.

Unless we actually did play 442 at Southampton?
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:45 - Aug 14 with 1635 viewslidojack

As long as Ayew matches the work rate of Routledge (which has got to be the only reason he is near the squad at this point) I can't see us losing much in terms of shape/defence.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:48 - Aug 14 with 1623 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:44 - Aug 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

If anything, we'll only see it the last 20 minutes or so this Saturday if we are chasing goal(s). No way is Llorente ready to start after no preseason.

Maybe, but the two of them up front for most games, is what the article is alluding too.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:52 - Aug 14 with 1591 viewsSwans777

Play the both of them and tell the other 8 outfield players to get the ball into the box......it's not rocket science.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:55 - Aug 14 with 1577 viewsjack247

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:52 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Play the both of them and tell the other 8 outfield players to get the ball into the box......it's not rocket science.

If it's actually implying we play them both as centre forwards, it's a recipe for multiple maulings.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:56 - Aug 14 with 1568 viewsbermudajack

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:44 - Aug 14 by jack247

Didn't see us Saturday, but assuming you're going back to last season, we haven't really been playing with two strikers. Ayew has had a roaming attacking role. Possibly Tammy could play that role, I thought he was a centre forward though.

Unless we actually did play 442 at Southampton?

I think he'll pick the following...

Fab

Naught. Fred. Maws ols

Routs. Messa Fer. Tom

Ayew

Tammy

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:58 - Aug 14 with 1557 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:48 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Maybe, but the two of them up front for most games, is what the article is alluding too.

Understood, so my reply was to Fath who's concerned about getting slaughtered Saturday if we do it.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:59 - Aug 14 with 1547 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:55 - Aug 14 by jack247

If it's actually implying we play them both as centre forwards, it's a recipe for multiple maulings.

Well I doubt they mean play one in goal ,my friend.
Football is constantly evolving, why not go full circle and play 2 up front, after all the great Liverpool teams of the 70's & 80's had two up front.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:59 - Aug 14 with 1545 viewsBytholWyn

Man U were formidable against West Ham - but if there is a chink in their armour it's the fact that their midfield is anchored by two tall, heavyweight players (Matic 83kg and Pogba 84kg). They may well be dynamic for their size but they can't defy the laws of Physics. So, their speed off the mark is inevitably going to be less than that of Britton, Mesa and Carroll (64kg, 74kg and 71kg respectively). I would be bold and play all three in a 4-2-3-1, and rely on our trio's speed off the mark and passing ability to escape the high press and prevent United getting the sort of stranglehold over us that Southampton had on Saturday, and United had over West Ham.

When are we going to re-assert our identity - if not now when?
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:59 - Aug 14 with 1544 viewsjack247

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:56 - Aug 14 by bermudajack

I think he'll pick the following...

Fab

Naught. Fred. Maws ols

Routs. Messa Fer. Tom

Ayew

Tammy

I think that's far more likely, though I still think Leon will start. I'd hope and expect to see Mesa get some game time.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:01 - Aug 14 with 1524 viewsjack247

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 19:59 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Well I doubt they mean play one in goal ,my friend.
Football is constantly evolving, why not go full circle and play 2 up front, after all the great Liverpool teams of the 70's & 80's had two up front.

Because we would get murdered in midfield
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:09 - Aug 14 with 1489 viewsSwans777

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:01 - Aug 14 by jack247

Because we would get murdered in midfield

How ? Still have 4 in midfield. Always play to your strengths.
4-4-2 with the instruction to bombard the penalty area with crosses, even from deep laying areas.
As I've already said Llorente is probably the best player in the premier league with his head, so why not play to his strengths.
Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:12 - Aug 14 with 1466 viewsJackfath

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:09 - Aug 14 by Swans777

4-4-2 with the instruction to bombard the penalty area with crosses, even from deep laying areas.
As I've already said Llorente is probably the best player in the premier league with his head, so why not play to his strengths.

He hasn't played any matches in pre season. DO you think he'd be fit enough to cope against ManU?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:14 - Aug 14 with 1450 viewsjack247

Prospect of Tammy and Fernando Up-Top on 20:09 - Aug 14 by Swans777

We haven't had 4 in midfield, the way Ayew has been playing it's been more of a 451 most of the time, regardless of what the sky sports info graphic pigeonholes it as.

If Tammy can do that and Ayew can replace Routs, then fine, but with them both actually up front, we would get swamped in midfield. Surely you can see that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024