Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John the clog 17:14 - Aug 18 with 16378 viewspencoedjack

How did he get tickets for the 'Dutch Swans' ?

Obviously spouting off on twitter again
John the clog on 18:07 - Aug 18 with 1600 viewsWingstandwood

John the clog on 17:53 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

This has been going on for years. Nobody batted an eyelid a couple of seasons ago!

Hang on? I only knew/found out about the grubby little Morgans/Van Zweden travel club scheme untill it was 'exposed' on here a few months back!

Argus!

John the clog on 18:10 - Aug 18 with 1592 viewsJackfath

John the clog on 18:07 - Aug 18 by pencoedjack

I have highlighted the fact for years ... If Dutch (or any other nationality) fans want to come over when they purchase tickets like a fan living in Wales fair enough, when genuine Swans fans cant purchase tickets & ex directors make money from them I feel that is unacceptable.

You being a c unt probably disagree.

Leave your obvious issues with me to one side my friend. I agree with you. I am merely pointing out that it's been happening for years. I've been shouted down many times as they bring loads of "pashun" to the stadium. I even remember one match when they were making monkey noises at players which was particularly unsavoury.

Yeah. I'm a c nut.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

John the clog on 18:11 - Aug 18 with 1591 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:07 - Aug 18 by Wingstandwood

Hang on? I only knew/found out about the grubby little Morgans/Van Zweden travel club scheme untill it was 'exposed' on here a few months back!

Me too Wingy I knew nothing of this agreement until Flash posted his website on here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John the clog on 18:14 - Aug 18 with 1571 viewsJackfath

JVZ has got loads of the Jack Army memberships so he can but loads of these tickets. That's been stated on here for a long time. Unless I am mistaken.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

John the clog on 18:16 - Aug 18 with 1563 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:14 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

JVZ has got loads of the Jack Army memberships so he can but loads of these tickets. That's been stated on here for a long time. Unless I am mistaken.

Yes that's apparently correct but at what price?

John the clog on 18:23 - Aug 18 with 1530 viewsNeath_Jack

John the clog on 18:03 - Aug 18 by Darran

I haven't got buttys at the Trust and you starting to sound a bit silly blaming everything on the Trust. I have no idea at what price he's bought his 80 or 90 JA memberships but if he's bought them at the reduced season ticket price someone is clearly on the fiddle down that club.

No I never heard anymore about the disabled parking issue other than,how shall we say 'having words' in private about it because of my criticism of the DSA not Trust.

Where have i blamed this on the Trust?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

John the clog on 18:25 - Aug 18 with 1524 viewspencoedjack

John the clog on 18:16 - Aug 18 by Darran

Not that I disagree with Jackfaths statement, surely someone at the club realizes that when 40 odd Dutch fans arrive for a stadium tour and are staying in Morgans (if they are on the posh trip) they are not JA members with enough points to purchase Man Utd tickets.

It fuking stinks.
John the clog on 18:26 - Aug 18 with 1520 viewsWingstandwood

John the clog on 18:11 - Aug 18 by Darran

Me too Wingy I knew nothing of this agreement until Flash posted his website on here.

Yep! A shameless and exploitative money-grabbing scheme so obviously tailored and engineered just to line the back pockets of two greedy individuals whom are working in complete and utter unison- collaboration…… It would be a complete and utter waste of time even to piss on that two.

But there again one day karma will hit the Yanks/club when supporters like yourself (and many others!) of highest and most uber-loyal value forever disappear! There will only be so much some people can take!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

John the clog on 18:32 - Aug 18 with 1499 viewsJackfath

John the clog on 18:25 - Aug 18 by pencoedjack

Not that I disagree with Jackfaths statement, surely someone at the club realizes that when 40 odd Dutch fans arrive for a stadium tour and are staying in Morgans (if they are on the posh trip) they are not JA members with enough points to purchase Man Utd tickets.

It fuking stinks.

Apology accepted. You're correct. It stinks tomorrow. It stank last season and the season before that and the one before that and the one.........

John the clog on 18:32 - Aug 18 with 1498 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:23 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

So why would I need to tell my buttys at the Trust?

John the clog on 18:35 - Aug 18 with 1491 viewsNeath_Jack

John the clog on 18:32 - Aug 18 by Darran

So why would I need to tell my buttys at the Trust?

To sort it out for you innit.

That's what they're there for isn't it? To sort out things that are not right at the club? To give the fans a voice?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

John the clog on 18:36 - Aug 18 with 1483 viewsJackfath

John the clog on 18:16 - Aug 18 by Darran

Minimal price I'd say. They are staying in the bubble of Morgan's Hotel. JVZ will be hero worshipped by the tourists and wont venture out of the hotel, stadium tour etc. I doubt the Dutch "fans" will care much about how they get their tickets.

His once decent rep will be tarnished on here forever more but as we've all seen, we count for a tiny percentage who actually give a real fcku into the running of the once highly respected football club.

John the clog on 18:39 - Aug 18 with 1470 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:35 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

To sort it out for you innit.

That's what they're there for isn't it? To sort out things that are not right at the club? To give the fans a voice?

Oh ok.

John the clog on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 1466 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:36 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

Minimal price I'd say. They are staying in the bubble of Morgan's Hotel. JVZ will be hero worshipped by the tourists and wont venture out of the hotel, stadium tour etc. I doubt the Dutch "fans" will care much about how they get their tickets.

His once decent rep will be tarnished on here forever more but as we've all seen, we count for a tiny percentage who actually give a real fcku into the running of the once highly respected football club.

I agree the Dutch fans probably think he's still a director.

John the clog on 18:53 - Aug 18 with 1432 viewsFlash

He says on Twitter that they stay in The Dragon not Morgans. They all think he does the trips for the love of it and doesn't make a penny off them.The Belgium boys worked out last season that he made a profit of over £50 off each of them and he didn't even book their flights for them.
The Trust need to sort out this fiddle once and for all !!!!
John the clog on 18:53 - Aug 18 with 1429 viewsWingstandwood

John the clog on 18:40 - Aug 18 by Darran

I agree the Dutch fans probably think he's still a director.

Bang on! Astute! I read an overseas online paper account around the time of the ("greedy bastards get out of our club, we want our club back") last seasons Man Unt home game. An interview where van Zweden even proclaimed himself to be (bestowed upon himself?) the grandiose title of 'club ambassador'.

The guy is bullshiter-elite! What a club ambassador hey?

Argus!

John the clog on 18:54 - Aug 18 with 1423 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:53 - Aug 18 by Flash

He says on Twitter that they stay in The Dragon not Morgans. They all think he does the trips for the love of it and doesn't make a penny off them.The Belgium boys worked out last season that he made a profit of over £50 off each of them and he didn't even book their flights for them.
The Trust need to sort out this fiddle once and for all !!!!

It says on his website about Morgans.

John the clog on 18:59 - Aug 18 with 1404 viewsGaryjack

John the clog on 18:23 - Aug 18 by Neath_Jack

Not a reply to your post Neathie but............

Phil Sumbler Nov 05 2016:
"It was raised with the club yesterday and - in fairness - they had already clocked much of it.
The point was also made that at these times these kind of things are just not helpful or right to any of us."

Uxbridge Nov 06 2016:
" I think it's right and proper that questions should be asked to find out, which they will. If he had any pull previously because of his position, then that obviously has to end now. I also don't think he has any business being in the directors box these days either.
We can only sort things out for the present and future."

Now if the trust has brought this up with the club back last year, and the club say they'd already 'clocked' much of it. Then why is it still going on? Isn't the main crux of the trusts recommendation to it's members, to accept the deal was because they wanted to maintain a voice and an influence in the running of Swansea City F.C? Yet if they have no influence, or aren't being listened to on matters such as this, what chance have they got over having a say in the running of our football club?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 19:01]
John the clog on 19:03 - Aug 18 with 1389 viewsAguycalledJack

John the clog on 17:26 - Aug 18 by pencoedjack

Which is obvious but maybe he should keep his big fat gob closed

I know real Swans fans (jack army members) who couldn't get tickets

Fuking disgraceful how directors of our club make money from these trips

http://www.visitswansea.nl/

Morgans arrangement

Morgans Hotel is owned by one of Swansea City Directors Martin Morgan. This is the most luxurious (posh) hotel in Wales. There are single and double rooms here. Most rooms are huge and have a separate large and luxurious bathroom. Also included in this package is breakfast (a la carte). Highly recommended is the Full Welsh Breakfast. There is a huge large bar downstairs in the hotel. After the matches, most Swansea friends start here on the evening. After the game here is traditionally the whole board. Most players often come to Morgans after the game before entering the Wind Street. Really recommended on top level !!

Cost: £ 195, - ppp. (Single room price: £ 40, - per night)
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 17:53]

The most luxurious hotel in wales.

Bollocks.

Talk about false advertising.
John the clog on 19:03 - Aug 18 with 1387 viewsDarran

John the clog on 18:59 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

"It was raised with the club yesterday and - in fairness - they had already clocked much of it.
The point was also made that at these times these kind of things are just not helpful or right to any of us."

Uxbridge Nov 06 2016:
" I think it's right and proper that questions should be asked to find out, which they will. If he had any pull previously because of his position, then that obviously has to end now. I also don't think he has any business being in the directors box these days either.

Now if the trust has brought this up with the club back last year, and the club say they'd already 'clocked' much of it. Then why is it still going on? Isn't the main crux of the trusts recommendation to it's members, to accept the deal was because they wanted to maintain a voice and an influence in the running of Swansea City F.C? Yet if they have no influence, or aren't being listened to on matters such as this, what chance have they got over having a say in the running of our football club?

Indeed.

John the clog on 19:07 - Aug 18 with 1381 viewsFlash

It also mentions the Village Hotel. He probably gives then the option of paying even more to stay in Morgans. The main hotel used is definately the Dragon. I bet the Dutch don't know how much money he is making off them all. I also wouldn't be surprised that he still tells them that he is a director and club ambassador. He seeks publicity from anywhere he can find it.

I just hope that any of the owners or Chris Pearlman read these posts and act to cut this venture out.
John the clog on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 1354 viewsUxbridge

John the clog on 18:59 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

Uxbridge Nov 06 2016:

And that's the thing, he's just like anyone else now.

As you say, the Trust raised the issue of JvZ last season. Fair to say he was getting special dispensation previously as part of his shareholding but that is not supposed to be happening now, and any tickets he gets have to be through appropriate channels and with no special treatment before anyone else.

There's no ban on him running trips though, just on any special treatment. Is anyone thinking that they should be banned?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

John the clog on 19:21 - Aug 18 with 1340 viewsNeath_Jack

John the clog on 18:39 - Aug 18 by Darran

Oh ok.

Apology accepted friend.

John the clog on 19:28 - Aug 18 with 1309 viewsGaryjack

John the clog on 19:17 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

And that's the thing, he's just like anyone else now.

As you say, the Trust raised the issue of JvZ last season. Fair to say he was getting special dispensation previously as part of his shareholding but that is not supposed to be happening now, and any tickets he gets have to be through appropriate channels and with no special treatment before anyone else.

There's no ban on him running trips though, just on any special treatment. Is anyone thinking that they should be banned?

But he obviously is getting special treatment in order to get tickets isn't he! Nothing has changed despite the trusts protests, and the club stating they'd already 'clocked it'. Nobody can stop him running trips. I could run a trip from my local for the game tomorrow, but they won't get any fvckin tickets!
John the clog on 19:29 - Aug 18 with 1305 viewsEasternJack

A) I would expect that JVZ had this ticket deal grandfathered into his share sale - so I'd assume it's protected. As joint owners, the trust will know the answer. It's up to them whether they find this important to challenge.

B) Ticket availability aside, there are bigger issues related to our off field situation at the moment. This is a sideshow.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024