Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa interviews 04:39 - Aug 28 with 8597 viewsNirvana

For the record, I'm not a translator. Haven't seen these on here, so wanted PS to view things from Mesa's perspective. So, here you go. (Kind of) in his own words:

http://canariasenhora.com/#!/espero-que-viera-sea-feliz-porque-sera-bueno-para-l

"I hope Viera is happy because it will be good for Las Palmas"

Roque Mesa, Swansea City player reviews his first weeks in the Premier League with the Welsh club

- First Days in the Premier:
"I come from a totally different place. Everything has an adaptation process and we are in that process. The coach wanted me to make my debut at home and in this case against Manchester United. He talked to me and I understood perfectly. I felt comfortable but I must know more about the league. "

- Help from Paul Clement, his coach
"From the moment I arrived, he wanted me to join the team. He knows that it is a different process and that it takes time.
He has tried to advise me with Makelele to help me a lot in that sense. They take care of me so that I can do things well and adapt to life."

- The debut against Manchester United
"It was special. Not so much for the result, but it was special because I debuted, at home and before one of the biggest in the world like Manchester United. After the debut I was at home and analyzed and thought about everything that had happened to arrive at that moment. I'm pig-headed and a perfectionist, and it's clear that I'm not 100% adapted yet."

- Adapting to your new life
"When you play football, life is more or less the same thing. Schedules and understanding life is different; Have dinner before, sleep before... In terms of language we are also on it, I have an English teacher. The city is very quiet, with a fishing port and it's truly very calm. However, we are in August and it seems we are in December because it does not stop raining (laughs)."

- Difference with La Liga
"In Spain football is more leisurely, you combine more. Here since you have the opportunity to go forward they don't think about it. The referees are also more lenient because they do not whistle any type of foul and give continuity to the game. It is attractive to the viewer because they see round-and-round matches."

- Message for the yellow fans
"From here I will keep up with UD Las Palmas, that is my team. I wish you the best. I hope Jonathan Viera is happy because that will be good for the Gran Canaria and for the UD. Surely, what with work and doing things as they are everything will work out."
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 4:43]
Roque Mesa interviews on 04:47 - Aug 28 with 6930 viewsNirvana

A yellow in the Premier League

Roque Mesa blesses Samper: "Perfectly suited to the style of the UD"

The teldense of Swansea, at Crystal Palace, analyzes the keys to his adaptation to British football after debuting before the Manchester United of Mourinho

The gladiator of the records. Roque Mesa Quevedo, the biggest transfer in the history of Las Palmas [transferred to Swansea for €12.5m], matches up against Crystal Palace on the third day of the Premier League. He premiered a week ago, at Liberty Stadium, against Mourinho's Manchester United. He does not lose detail of the yellow galaxy, and blesses the acquisition of Sergi Samper, who buries the casting 'Roque Mesa'. To a few hours of the third day of the English competition, reviews his relationship with Paul Clemente, his adaptation to the British game and sends a message of blind trust to Manolo Márquez. "The team needs time", values ​​in relation to the beginning of the UD in this championship league 2017-18.

- August 19, Liberty Stadium. A date for the history of football in Gran Canaria. You debut in the Premier League, against Manchester United of Mourinho and holder. What conclusions do you draw from your premiere and your hobby? You left the field with the score 0-1, was the 0-4 exaggerated?

Mesa: "The debut with Swansea was very special not only because it was at home but because I debuted in the Premier League and before one of the most powerful teams. I have fulfilled a dream of playing in the prestigious English competition. I will never forget that. It will be part of my album of memories. I hope to adapt as soon as possible to be able to do things very well in this league. It is enormously demanding; but also very competitive. Good to withdraw with the 0-1 on the scoreboard against Manchester United that is somewhat circumstantial.. It's football and everything can happen."

- You looked comfortable and even took some fouls.

Mesa: "I'm still not at the level I think I can give. I have to keep improving a lot.

- Sometimes you were limping, did you receive any blow?

Mesa: "I received some blows during the match but nothing important."

-It was a huge physical load, what was it that surprised you the most?

Mesa: "The round trip that there was in the match. There was never pause to play [smiles]."

- Worrying the start of Swansea with a draw in two matches...

Mesa: "Well this is football and you have to keep working this just started."

- What did Paul Clement tell you? What did you do with your debut shirt?

Mesa: "He congratulated me and said that we had to continue working hard. The debut shirt with Swansea was given to the family."

- Leon Britton's injury opened the door for you. How is your integration going?

Mesa: "Well I am always prepared to play and the coach is the one who decides. Well it's a process and you have to go little by little but I'm putting everything in my hands to do it as soon as possible."

- Do you feel comfortable with the current tactical record at Swansea, more defensive and embedded with the center line? Just step on the rival area...

Mesa: "There are many different ways to understand football and I have to adapt to it in a dynamic way."

- What surprised you most about the Premier League?

Mesa: "It is tremendously physical; Very physical."

- Jesé scored and Sandro made his debut. How do you analyze the Gran Canaria army?

Mesa: "I take pride in seeing Canarian players triumph in the premier."

- Did you see the Las Palmas match? What did you think about the defeat at Mestalla?

Mesa: "Yes, I saw it. I think we all think that after the expulsion was more difficult. That is why we must have patience and continue because Las Palmas will give many joys this year. I do not have doubts about it."

-Management is still looking for the new Roque Mesa. His shadow is still very long ... until Samper appeared. How do you rate Samper?

Mesa: "I have always claimed trust for the sports management. The UD will correct with the acquisition that arrives and in the case of Sergi Samper is a player that adapts perfectly to the style of the UD Las Palmas."
Roque Mesa interviews on 07:13 - Aug 28 with 6821 viewsSTID2017

Trying to understand that interview through the translation, it seems he is in the process of adapting to life in Swansea, a different footballing culture and a different style of football within the PL.
He admits he is arrogant, however also seems to admit he has a lot to learn and adjust to.
Personally, I hope this will allow our fans to understand how difficult this move is for him and allow him to settle in, before calling him another Baston or whatever.
Given time, I feel he will be an excellent acquisition.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:27 - Aug 28 with 6645 viewscaerleon_jack

Roque Mesa interviews on 07:13 - Aug 28 by STID2017

Trying to understand that interview through the translation, it seems he is in the process of adapting to life in Swansea, a different footballing culture and a different style of football within the PL.
He admits he is arrogant, however also seems to admit he has a lot to learn and adjust to.
Personally, I hope this will allow our fans to understand how difficult this move is for him and allow him to settle in, before calling him another Baston or whatever.
Given time, I feel he will be an excellent acquisition.

The fact that we are three games into the league season and people are claiming this guy is a dud, lacks intelligence and has been a waste of money just shows how pathetic some of our fans are.

Insert something witty here

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:33 - Aug 28 with 6609 viewsDrGonzo

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:27 - Aug 28 by caerleon_jack

The fact that we are three games into the league season and people are claiming this guy is a dud, lacks intelligence and has been a waste of money just shows how pathetic some of our fans are.

People seem to revel in. They did the same with Bony and Llorente.
Roque Mesa interviews on 08:41 - Aug 28 with 6550 viewsraynor94

Excellent interview, very interesting, certainly puts to bed the Clement " didn't want him here"

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:49 - Aug 28 with 6489 viewsDr_Winston

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:41 - Aug 28 by raynor94

Excellent interview, very interesting, certainly puts to bed the Clement " didn't want him here"

Let's be honest, Clement could ride around the perimeter of the pitch at half time in a Monster Truck screaming "WE DON'T SIGN ANYONE WITHOUT MY CONSENT!" through a megaphone and there'd still be plenty of people declaring that he just gets what Jenkins gives him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roque Mesa interviews on 09:20 - Aug 28 with 6303 viewsTheResurrection

In other words Clement has told him this is the Premier League son and any team you play against are capable of beating you, not the poxy, non contact kick in the park you've been used to, so drop the attitude, listen and do as you're told and we'll see where we are in a few weeks.

Plus, he doesn't sound happy in that interview.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa interviews on 09:43 - Aug 28 with 6183 viewsDaggyjack

Roque Mesa interviews on 09:20 - Aug 28 by TheResurrection

In other words Clement has told him this is the Premier League son and any team you play against are capable of beating you, not the poxy, non contact kick in the park you've been used to, so drop the attitude, listen and do as you're told and we'll see where we are in a few weeks.

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:03 - Aug 28 with 6091 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 08:49 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest, Clement could ride around the perimeter of the pitch at half time in a Monster Truck screaming "WE DON'T SIGN ANYONE WITHOUT MY CONSENT!" through a megaphone and there'd still be plenty of people declaring that he just gets what Jenkins gives him.

Hang on now, you do realise that everything that Clement says is thoroughly thought through.

The bit I can't get my head around is posters not being able to see this. The true meaning between the lines is very easy to read.

So to translate, ofcourse he's involved, but not wholly and exclusively and sometimes gets players he wouldn't have gone for himself.

Mesa at this stage is one of them. Clement also likes good, strong, but amiable characters, and Mesa has struggled here.

He's being taught some humility by our Coach in the first instance, before the Premier League would have.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:12 - Aug 28 with 6028 viewsharryhpalmer

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:03 - Aug 28 by TheResurrection

Hang on now, you do realise that everything that Clement says is thoroughly thought through.

The bit I can't get my head around is posters not being able to see this. The true meaning between the lines is very easy to read.

So to translate, ofcourse he's involved, but not wholly and exclusively and sometimes gets players he wouldn't have gone for himself.

Mesa at this stage is one of them. Clement also likes good, strong, but amiable characters, and Mesa has struggled here.

He's being taught some humility by our Coach in the first instance, before the Premier League would have.

fk me. have you always been this big a bell-end or have you been practising a long time?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 5997 viewsDr_Winston

I believe what people say until they give me reason not to. No reading between the lines, no "interpretation". Thus far Clement has given me no reason not to.

It's obvious that not every player we sign comes from his own list, but it also seems to be the case that every player we sign has his approval when we do. That's a step up on the way we did business previously.

As far as Mesa goes, I'm not buying the "bad attitude/fitness" stuff doing the rounds. For me it's a simple case of not selecting a midfielder to set the tempo of the team until you're sure that he's up to that tempo himself. Would be easy for a lesser manager to feel the need to throw an £11m signing into the mix and hope for the best. Seems that Clement is made of smarter stuff.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:12 - Aug 28 with 5752 viewsHighjack

Roque Mesa interviews on 09:20 - Aug 28 by TheResurrection

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:20 - Aug 28 with 5720 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:12 - Aug 28 by Highjack

Stick to Bob Monkhouse shit jokes and one liners. You don't understand much.

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:22 - Aug 28 with 5714 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:17 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

I believe what people say until they give me reason not to. No reading between the lines, no "interpretation". Thus far Clement has given me no reason not to.

It's obvious that not every player we sign comes from his own list, but it also seems to be the case that every player we sign has his approval when we do. That's a step up on the way we did business previously.

As far as Mesa goes, I'm not buying the "bad attitude/fitness" stuff doing the rounds. For me it's a simple case of not selecting a midfielder to set the tempo of the team until you're sure that he's up to that tempo himself. Would be easy for a lesser manager to feel the need to throw an £11m signing into the mix and hope for the best. Seems that Clement is made of smarter stuff.

Fair play that's pretty naive for you.

Involved, yes. Last say? No chance, not always.

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:30 - Aug 28 with 5692 viewsHighjack

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:20 - Aug 28 by TheResurrection

Stick to Bob Monkhouse shit jokes and one liners. You don't understand much.

I understand the Dunning-Kruger effect and I'm seeing it in all it's glory right here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:37 - Aug 28 with 5662 viewsBanosswan

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:30 - Aug 28 by Highjack

I understand the Dunning-Kruger effect and I'm seeing it in all it's glory right here.

'In the field of psychology, the Dunning—Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.'

I learnt something today, thank you Highjack.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:44 - Aug 28 with 5634 viewsE20Jack

Roque Mesa interviews on 10:17 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Clement was saying that Borja was a very important part of the playing squad and was very much in his plans... while never playing him and then shipping him off to another side.

Anyone who takes interviews by players/managers and chairmen on face value are all sorts of naive in my opinion, regardless of who says what. Even the great Leon.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roque Mesa interviews on 13:21 - Aug 28 with 5540 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:37 - Aug 28 by Banosswan

'In the field of psychology, the Dunning—Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.'

it's clear High jack is well versed in this study, hence his total inability to ever say something worth reading,instead choosing a simple path of semi retired sarcasm and shit funnies.

I await the day he ever, EVER says anything even remotely interesting. Ten years, maybe, and counting. ...

Roque Mesa interviews on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 5524 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 12:44 - Aug 28 by E20Jack

Clement was saying that Borja was a very important part of the playing squad and was very much in his plans... while never playing him and then shipping him off to another side.

Anyone who takes interviews by players/managers and chairmen on face value are all sorts of naive in my opinion, regardless of who says what. Even the great Leon.

Indeed, the naivety in the Doctors post up there has actually unnerved me.

Dear me....

Roque Mesa interviews on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 5449 viewsairedale

Sounds like the Thursday night barmaid down the pub to me.
Roque Mesa interviews on 14:17 - Aug 28 with 5340 viewsHighjack

Fits like a glove with him doesn't it?

Roque Mesa interviews on 15:19 - Aug 28 with 5240 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa interviews on 14:17 - Aug 28 by Highjack

Fits like a glove with him doesn't it?

Here he is again.

And another diagram/meme... Try and say something, anything, ever.... We're all waiting.

A life behind pictures must be pretty limiting. Janet and John stuff.

Roque Mesa interviews on 15:26 - Aug 28 with 5217 viewsGlyn1

" The city is very quiet, with a fishing port and it's truly very calm. However, we are in August and it seems we are in December because it does not stop raining (laughs)."

Oh oh. If he thinks that August is like December, what's he going to think when it actually is December?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Roque Mesa interviews on 15:54 - Aug 28 with 5170 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa interviews on 15:26 - Aug 28 by Glyn1

" The city is very quiet, with a fishing port and it's truly very calm. However, we are in August and it seems we are in December because it does not stop raining (laughs)."

Oh oh. If he thinks that August is like December, what's he going to think when it actually is December?

Weather improves from October mun, the mental jet stream does one.
Roque Mesa interviews on 17:09 - Aug 28 with 5066 viewsHighjack

Roque Mesa interviews on 15:26 - Aug 28 by Glyn1

Bit of rain and icy cold winds howling in from Siberia will do the lad good. Can't be healthy living in glorious sunshine all his life.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024