Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. 00:34 - Sep 1 with 3485 viewsSwanseaman

I was hoping we could get some quality new players in and improve us for this season and I'm happy. In my last post I wrote:
Paul Clement, the Players and next season.. by Swanseaman 14 May 2017 15:14
I think that PC has really started to show what he's about and next season could be a really good one. The bond that exists now between him and the players, after all they have gone through together, and managing to pull off a brilliant survival run, is excellent. This could be a springboard to better times ahead.

If he can keep hold of gylfi sigurðsson and Fernando Llorente, that would be ideal and get in some equally talented players would make it a real solid team.

If he can't keep them, I think that if he gets the correct replacements, things will still be on the up.

Am surprised how we managed to pull the Sanches loan off and get the better of a lot of bigger clubs. Siggy and Llorente wanted out, nothing we could do about that but I'm really pleased with the replacements. Llorente was getting on at 32 and we've replaced him with a proven goalscorer in Bony who is 4 years younger. Sigurdson I am gutted we lost him, but the money has helped us.

The board holding out for 45m from Everton, then clearing out a lot of surplus players and managing to strengthen the team. It's looking like this board is learning and showing tenacity in their dealings. We've even got a lot of cash left over to cover wage bills and for extra replacements in the January window. Good businessmen will learn, and that's what it looks like the new owners are doing. they started off not having much of a clue, bringing in a manager who wasn't up to it. Now things are on the up and they are turning things around.

At the moment I'm hoping they will stay on and not sell to anyone else, each season they can learn more and we can keep on improving. Clement has done brilliant to convince Sanches to come here, that's best transfer deal of the window imo. And nice to have Bony back if he can stay injury free, at 28 he should be at his peak and could start slamming them in again for us. Bony, Abraham and Sanches, all quality :)

Good video and pics here: https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:42]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:40 - Sep 1 with 3447 viewsEasternJack

Solid post.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:43 - Sep 1 with 3434 viewsbluenile

No complaints from me....................but some of the whingers on here.............feck'n hell!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:54 - Sep 1 with 3400 viewsTom1912

Objectively, there's good and bad.

What we've brought in looks very good to me. Clucas looks a good fit, Abraham is the real deal, Mesa will show his class in time and we all know what Bony can do if we can get him in form. And of course, Sanches is a ridiculous signing that could be abit of a game changer in our midfield.

We've cleared out surplus and got very good good money for Cork, Sigurdsson and Llorente.

On the other hand, we dragged out the Sigurdsson negotiation and it disrupted our preseason significantly although fortunately results weren't really affected. Our squad is also two players short in my view-an attacking player and a right back. This is while having a good £20-£25m surplus from player sales.

It's been a good window but it could have been a great window if we'd pushed for those last two players.
(No subject) (n/t) on 01:04 - Sep 1 with 3371 viewsLeonWasGod

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:43 - Sep 1 by bluenile

No complaints from me....................but some of the whingers on here.............feck'n hell!!

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 01:10 - Sep 1 with 3340 viewsEvanski

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:54 - Sep 1 by Tom1912

Objectively, there's good and bad.

What we've brought in looks very good to me. Clucas looks a good fit, Abraham is the real deal, Mesa will show his class in time and we all know what Bony can do if we can get him in form. And of course, Sanches is a ridiculous signing that could be abit of a game changer in our midfield.

We've cleared out surplus and got very good good money for Cork, Sigurdsson and Llorente.

On the other hand, we dragged out the Sigurdsson negotiation and it disrupted our preseason significantly although fortunately results weren't really affected. Our squad is also two players short in my view-an attacking player and a right back. This is while having a good £20-£25m surplus from player sales.

It's been a good window but it could have been a great window if we'd pushed for those last two players.

Agree with this 100%.

We'll need to address the full-back situation in January (and hope Olsson and Naughton remain fit until then) unless there are any options among out of contract players who could come in straight away.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 06:38 - Sep 1 with 3172 viewsSwanseaman

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 6:50]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 07:01 - Sep 1 with 3086 viewsDr_Winston

Not a great window, but a good one. Clement made it quite clear he was going to be concentrating on the attack and so we have.

We've effectively rebuilt the forward line to better suit a more fluid style of play and added depth and creativity to midfield. We'd have added more creativity if we'd worked out a deal for Chadli but due to a financial surplus that deal could happen in January instead.

It would have been nice to add depth to the backline but I don't think it's as urgent as others do. Firstly we don't really know whether Clement is going to go for a back three or four for the most part, but also because a lot of people are basing their opinions still on the chaos under Bradley and largely ignoring the massive improvements under PC. Witness the howls of dismay over the inclusion of VdH and his subsequent strong performance for evidence of that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 07:13 - Sep 1 with 3017 viewsHeadmaster

It was a lot better than it could have been. Bony, Abraham, Sanches, Mesa, Clucas. Good signings there if Clement can work his magic. I still think we need a RB/full back and it would have been nice to have signed Chadli, but not at £28 million or whatever it was.
Login to get fewer ads

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 07:22 - Sep 1 with 2975 viewsPacemaker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4839444/Transfer-deadline-day-

-£30.5 m is a good window we are a bit thin in places but leaves us plenty for Jan and we have brought what appears to be good quality in.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 7:25]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 2804 viewsgiantstoneater

Touch and go at times a very complicated window all hinged on the sale of Siggy and Llorente and also a huge rise in prices started off by the ridiculous 52 million signing of Kyle Walker for Man C. I hope any surplus will be earmarked for the window in Jan should we need it or perhaps go in for Arias. Hope the squad gels quickly and we enjoy a better season than last still going to be tough though.
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 10:50 - Sep 1 with 2779 viewsmonmouth

It was always going to take a few windows to sort things out. It's not as easy as I want, I get, plus we are looking to build a team with depth, to fit Clements template, and there is a limit to how many changes can be made at any one time. As it is it will probably take to Christmas anyway to 'jelly' these acquisitions.

I'm pretty happy personally, given where we were a week or so back. I think we will be very competitive now, with more improvement to follow.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:02 - Sep 1 with 2737 viewsPegojack

Have to agree, Monny, the only positions where we don't have quality back up is at right back and maybe keeper. As much as I love Rangel, I don't think he's up to the pace of the Prem any more as a defender. Going forward, he still has a great football brain.

If we have two or three injuries and suspensions, we'll start to look a bit thin, but the same could be said of most clubs outside the top 6 or 7.

I'm actually looking forward to the season now, not dreading it, and I think we'll be competitive against anyone on any ground, which I haven't been able to say since the end of the season before last.
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:04 - Sep 1 with 2722 viewsMrSwerve

Let's be honest it's as good as we could have hoped for, knowing what we're like.

I was expecting Llorente and Siggy to leave and the replacements would be Clucas and some random Spanish bloke on loan from a European team. I'll take Sanches and Bony as deadline day signings and be happy with it.

At least there's an air of confidence and improvement around the club again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:05 - Sep 1 with 2719 viewslifelong

I'm excited about the season ahead, we've got some young, very talented players.. what's not to like?
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 2655 viewsdizietsma

I'm in love with the shape of Huw
Pushed some good looking tranfers through
Got Tammy and then Clucas too
Then got Sanches and Bony
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:47 - Sep 1 with 2609 viewswhiterock

9 in since Jan, Carroll, Narsignh, Ayew, Olson, Abrahams, Mesa, Clucas, Sanches and Bony, looking forward to team selection v Newcastle
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 12:25 - Sep 1 with 2540 viewsMrSwerve

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:35 - Sep 1 by dizietsma

I'm in love with the shape of Huw
Pushed some good looking tranfers through
Got Tammy and then Clucas too
Then got Sanches and Bony

Fair play.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 2470 viewsShonky

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 00:43 - Sep 1 by bluenile

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its just a ride...

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 13:08 - Sep 1 with 2440 viewswhoflungdung

We ll soon see if it was.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 14:32 - Sep 1 with 2347 viewsawayjack

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 11:05 - Sep 1 by lifelong

I'm excited about the season ahead, we've got some young, very talented players.. what's not to like?

Also keen to see how new players get on. What's not to like is we have no cover for injuries in defense, a risk our forwards can't replace the goals that Siggy / Lorente scored that we sold for £60m, and that the really exciting signings are loans, so if they do well they'll be gone. Very short-term approach to window and the £30m in profit will make the Yanks the most excited!
A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 2324 viewsSwanseaman

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. on 14:32 - Sep 1 by awayjack

Also keen to see how new players get on. What's not to like is we have no cover for injuries in defense, a risk our forwards can't replace the goals that Siggy / Lorente scored that we sold for £60m, and that the really exciting signings are loans, so if they do well they'll be gone. Very short-term approach to window and the £30m in profit will make the Yanks the most excited!

The way I see it, with these high quality loan signings is that it's no different - if they play as well as they should - to if we signed them on a 3 year deal.

The reason for this is if we fully signed them up and they played really well, then a big club would probably come in for them and they would have be with us for the one season anyway. loan or a full signing = no different with a top quality player.

If we need to use our tenacity to get some great loan signings each season, that's good for me :)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 14:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024