Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genderless Clothes 20:20 - Sep 4 with 26328 viewsDarran

Please,just fuçk off you daft twáts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genderless Clothes on 12:04 - Sep 5 with 2075 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 12:01 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Sorry to hear about the your old man talking you out of architecture. If its any consolation to you its a tough profession in that there are v.long hours, loads of stress, loads of training required (pretty much the same as doctor), pay is quite low and doesn't get decent until you're at Partner level. By then, the chances are that the love for it has been sucked out of you...But that said, i still occasionally meet some that still enjoy it and get some fulfillment out of it.

Your old man was wrong though, although 3D software is widely used these days, its still all about sketching down your ideas. Good luck with your graduate scheme, if you get into illustrating you'll have plenty of opportunity to get creative.

What a decent post. I think I could end up liking you...in spite of the sling

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 12:08 - Sep 5 with 2070 viewsgolly47

Genderless Clothes on 12:00 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

The kids aren't genderless. The clothing is.

Yup, and when that kid grows up he/she will get triggered at pronouns, not be told he/she is wrong, and will change it's name to Human56. It will also look like this.

Poll: What was worse?

Genderless Clothes on 12:09 - Sep 5 with 2065 viewsgolly47

Genderless Clothes on 12:01 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Sorry to hear about the your old man talking you out of architecture. If its any consolation to you its a tough profession in that there are v.long hours, loads of stress, loads of training required (pretty much the same as doctor), pay is quite low and doesn't get decent until you're at Partner level. By then, the chances are that the love for it has been sucked out of you...But that said, i still occasionally meet some that still enjoy it and get some fulfillment out of it.

Your old man was wrong though, although 3D software is widely used these days, its still all about sketching down your ideas. Good luck with your graduate scheme, if you get into illustrating you'll have plenty of opportunity to get creative.

Thanks fella, I suppose it's just part of life's rich tapestry.

Genderless Clothes on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 2054 viewsDarran

Genderless Clothes on 12:00 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

The kids aren't genderless. The clothing is.

They don't need genderless clothes then.

Genderless Clothes on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 2054 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 12:09 - Sep 5 by golly47

Thanks fella, I suppose it's just part of life's rich tapestry.

TBH, mate, I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy to be calm when you've found something going on. But take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 12:15 - Sep 5 with 2049 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 12:08 - Sep 5 by golly47

Yup, and when that kid grows up he/she will get triggered at pronouns, not be told he/she is wrong, and will change it's name to Human56. It will also look like this.

Because they once saw a kid of the opposite sex walk past them in the same pair of trousers?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Genderless Clothes on 12:26 - Sep 5 with 2028 viewsgolly47

Genderless Clothes on 12:15 - Sep 5 by Senhin

Because they once saw a kid of the opposite sex walk past them in the same pair of trousers?

If I saw a girl walking past me with the same crotchless leather trousers I'm wearing right now. I wouldn't mind tbh.

Genderless Clothes on 12:30 - Sep 5 with 2021 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:08 - Sep 5 by golly47

The only one getting triggered by pronouns is you.

Oh, and the kid in that picture is far more likely to get to realise their dreams and not let anyone stop them, as they have the courage to live their own life and they dare to be different. It's not them who's a snowflake.
Login to get fewer ads

Genderless Clothes on 12:31 - Sep 5 with 2016 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:13 - Sep 5 by Darran

They don't need genderless clothes then.

Clothes don't have a gender. They're clothes.

Society puts a label on them. John Lewis have decided to remove that label.
Genderless Clothes on 12:33 - Sep 5 with 2007 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:15 - Sep 5 by Senhin

God knows how anyone's managed to cope with everyone wearing jeans.
Genderless Clothes on 12:34 - Sep 5 with 2005 viewsDarran

Genderless Clothes on 12:31 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

Clothes don't have a gender. They're clothes.

Society puts a label on them. John Lewis have decided to remove that label.

What society calls little boys little boys and little girls little girls?

That's fuçking disgusting I'm going to write to my MP right now.

Genderless Clothes on 12:39 - Sep 5 with 1997 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:34 - Sep 5 by Darran

What society calls little boys little boys and little girls little girls?

That's fuçking disgusting I'm going to write to my MP right now.

No.

Society decides that little boys should wear t-shirts that say 'superhero' and little girls should wear t-shirts that say 'nice smile'.

John Lewis have (after doubtless extensive research into demand) decided that's ridiculous and has an affect on children's self perception so have changed it.
Genderless Clothes on 12:40 - Sep 5 with 1996 viewsYossarian

Genderless Clothes on 11:31 - Sep 5 by westwalesed

With anything that is considered "alternative" by the mainstream - such as Genderless clothes, Veganism, the environmental lobby, Anarchism, Antifa etc etc - I suspect it's not so much the intention behind these lifestyles, more the absolutism that those who choose to espouse it express.

For example, I consider myself an incredibly open-minded, centre-right person. I'm open to new ideas but don't think that they should be imposed upon society - why, because if you expose a society to rapid change it fragments, it needs time to blend.

So, when genderless clothes come along - fine by me. But when people who promote them start saying that everyone else SHOULD use them because it is the RIGHT thing to do? That's when I, like the OP suggested, wants to tell these people to f**k off.

Basically, live and let live.

Interesting response. I agree with 99% but can't go fully on board with the benevolent attitude twowards these idiots. Gender difference exists for reasons that are integral to our very existence- I suggest you can't design out what is supposed to be there naturally....tin hats on......

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Genderless Clothes on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 1992 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:40 - Sep 5 by Yossarian

Interesting response. I agree with 99% but can't go fully on board with the benevolent attitude twowards these idiots. Gender difference exists for reasons that are integral to our very existence- I suggest you can't design out what is supposed to be there naturally....tin hats on......

No one is saying that there aren't gender differences. John Lewis are saying that those differences don't mean kids should feel the need to dress differently.

If girls wearing pink and boys blue are so integral to our very existence, you'd imagine it wasn't something that had been switched around so very recently.
Genderless Clothes on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 1991 viewsDarran

Genderless Clothes on 12:39 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

No.

Society decides that little boys should wear t-shirts that say 'superhero' and little girls should wear t-shirts that say 'nice smile'.

John Lewis have (after doubtless extensive research into demand) decided that's ridiculous and has an affect on children's self perception so have changed it.

Ah right like it's always been then?

Genderless Clothes on 12:45 - Sep 5 with 1989 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 12:43 - Sep 5 by Darran

Ah right like it's always been then?

Presumably you understand what you mean. I have no idea.
Genderless Clothes on 13:12 - Sep 5 with 1951 viewsSenhin

Genderless Clothes on 12:33 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

God knows how anyone's managed to cope with everyone wearing jeans.

Yeah but some of those jeans are called women's jeans and some are called men's! You can't just choose which one you want!

People seem really confused that two of the pair's of jeans I own are women's, and that all my gloves are women's, even though they didn't notice unless it was brought up. But if it is mentioned, it's suddenly 'but why would you wear women's ones? Are you gay?' Apparently them looking basically the same but it being easier to find ones that fit me as I have a 26 inch waist isn't an adequate answer. It must be cos I secretly like penis.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Genderless Clothes on 13:20 - Sep 5 with 1937 viewsMrSwerve

I think this gender thing is being massively blown out of proportion.

A girl dressing up in pink dresses and playing with dolls doesn't stop them from wanting to be an Engineer etc. My sister used to dress like a stereotypical girl and still used to play with lego, Mechano, etc etc.

It doesn't offend me in the slightest, it just all seems OTT to me. It'll be interesting to see if the girls still go for pink and the boys still go for blue.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Genderless Clothes on 13:23 - Sep 5 with 1930 viewsacejack3065

No one is saying that a child is genderless, just that dinorsaurs aren't exclusively for boys clothes. Why this is triggering people at all I cannot fathom.
Genderless Clothes on 13:23 - Sep 5 with 1930 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Clothes on 13:12 - Sep 5 by Senhin

Yeah but some of those jeans are called women's jeans and some are called men's! You can't just choose which one you want!

People seem really confused that two of the pair's of jeans I own are women's, and that all my gloves are women's, even though they didn't notice unless it was brought up. But if it is mentioned, it's suddenly 'but why would you wear women's ones? Are you gay?' Apparently them looking basically the same but it being easier to find ones that fit me as I have a 26 inch waist isn't an adequate answer. It must be cos I secretly like penis.

I'm offended that bras are only marketed and advertised towards women. Where's the equality?!

There's a good few blokes down the Liberty wearing XXXL who could benefit.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Genderless Clothes on 13:30 - Sep 5 with 1917 viewsDarran

Genderless Clothes on 13:20 - Sep 5 by MrSwerve

A girl dressing up in pink dresses and playing with dolls doesn't stop them from wanting to be an Engineer etc. My sister used to dress like a stereotypical girl and still used to play with lego, Mechano, etc etc.

It doesn't offend me in the slightest, it just all seems OTT to me. It'll be interesting to see if the girls still go for pink and the boys still go for blue.

Of course it is.

Genderless Clothes on 13:35 - Sep 5 with 1908 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Clothes on 12:43 - Sep 5 by londonlisa2001

No one is saying that there aren't gender differences. John Lewis are saying that those differences don't mean kids should feel the need to dress differently.

If girls wearing pink and boys blue are so integral to our very existence, you'd imagine it wasn't something that had been switched around so very recently.

Some people are saying there's no difference in biological sex. Meet Nicholas Matte, professor of gender studies at the university of Toronto.

Let's face it...you have to be highly educated to be that stupid.

FWIW, I agree that pink and blue is a social construct...I also don't care if John Lewis choose to class their clothes genderless. But I think people should be aware of the absolute shite being taught by tw@ts like prof. Matte, in gender studies type classes.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Clothes on 13:41 - Sep 5 with 1903 viewslondonlisa2001

Given that pink used to be the colour for boys and blue for girls, it's obvious that any desire for those colours depends on what society decides to be 'normal'.

I watched a documentary a week or so ago which was about the effect on a class of young kids being taught for a few weeks in a gender neutral class. The positive effect on both boys and girls was quite pronounced, and the parents interviewed (men and women), said that they'd never realised how much gender reinforcement they, relatives, friends etc all perpetuate. They were also all really positive about the effect on their kids, even the ones (mostly men) who thought the whole idea was beyond ridiculous.

Btw - the fact that you think Lego and Mechano are boys toys sort of proves that it's not really blown out of proportion but that stereotyping really does pervade childhood.
Genderless Clothes on 13:48 - Sep 5 with 1895 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Clothes on 13:35 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

Some people are saying there's no difference in biological sex. Meet Nicholas Matte, professor of gender studies at the university of Toronto.

Let's face it...you have to be highly educated to be that stupid.

FWIW, I agree that pink and blue is a social construct...I also don't care if John Lewis choose to class their clothes genderless. But I think people should be aware of the absolute shite being taught by tw@ts like prof. Matte, in gender studies type classes.

I don't think John Lewis are saying that though.

As it happens, I think the idea of gender is probably far more complicated than has been commonly accepted to be the case.

In nature, there are all sorts of examples of gender actually being fairly fluid and I don't see why humans would be so different. Traditional civilisations had a very different attitude towards it than us.

I never understand why anyone gets worked up by this stuff. It has no impact on anyone's daily life. It doesn't hurt anyone. So why are people so frightened by it? Life would be bloody dull if everyone was exactly the same, and yet, I honestly think some people are terrified of anything that's even vaguely different or unusual as though its very existence changes them or the way they want to live in some way.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 13:50]
Genderless Clothes on 13:50 - Sep 5 with 1891 viewsBatterseajack

Clarks shoes had a Dolly Babe range for girls, Leader ranger for boys.

Earlier in this thread i've posted an image of a gap add which had a girls range called "social butterfly" and "little scholar" for boys.

As a father of a baby girl, i welcome any move by retailers to oppose a negative gender stereotype onto my girl.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024