Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Progress 10:06 - Sep 6 with 36410 viewsBatterseajack

Michael Gove “we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want”
Boris Johnson “continue to be free trade and access to the single market”
David Davis “We will do deals with our trading partners and do them quickly”

Well these quotes couldn't seem further from truth right now. They campaigned for Brexit , yet now these three are in positions of power, appear totally incapable of delivering it and have vastly underestimated and misunderstood their counterparts in the EU. Will these three or even the Tories ever be accountable for how Brexit is being carried out?

BTW - This is not intended as another argument for the rights and wrongs for voting to leave / remain. But to discuss the politicians who appear to have no plan whatsoever for this.
Brexit Progress on 10:30 - Sep 9 with 2699 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 10:27 - Sep 9 by Jack_Meoff

You're missing the point. This isn't about whether the UK can 'stand on it own two feet' long term. It's about the astonishing level of incompetence and lack of foresight shown by the UK government. They're literally making it up as they're going along. I have deep misgivings about the EU, but some semblance of plan for leaving it would have been, you know, nice.

Are you actually in these meetings or are you just listening to the propaganda that is spewed out.
What sort of plan should have been in place.
Brexit Progress on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 2689 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 10:29 - Sep 9 by Batterseajack

It's like you don't read or take in what people are saying on this threat and you keep repeating false assertions that people have already responded to.

I've deliberately used mailonline and express in my links as these are fiercely pro brexit rags to dispel what the accusation in your first sentence.

If there's loads of positive news about how brexit is being carried out, please provide a few, otherwise your last statement is kind of ironic.

Well since the Brexit vote, there has been huge investment decisions, like EDF investment of at least £19.6 billion to build HPC. BMW is also investing with the new mini. Unemployment is continuing to fall. The list goes on.
Brexit Progress on 10:45 - Sep 9 with 2680 viewsBarrySwan

And just exactly what plan did / do the remoaners have in place for the UK's future in the EU then?

When the whiners mention that Brexit voters had no idea what they where voting for ( conveniently forgetting actually being able to vote those who make our laws in or out depending on their perceived performance).

Wouldn't it be fair to say that the Rewhingers had no idea what they were voting for as 27 unelected commissioners continued to make the laws and regulations that would have dictated what the unknown future holds for a UK in the EU anyway, with the UKs 8% voting total of EU MEPs who are not allowed to create legislation anyway powerless to lift a finger?

I'm sure some EU fanatices have really enjoyed the spectacle of insignificant little Napoleans from gloried towns such Malta and Luxembourg spouting off in the media as to what Britain should or shouldn't be doing or paying to maintain their expense fuelled lifestyles.

But I haven't and I suspect that many other UK citizens haven't either.
Brexit Progress on 10:46 - Sep 9 with 2679 viewsJack_Meoff

Brexit Progress on 10:30 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

Are you actually in these meetings or are you just listening to the propaganda that is spewed out.
What sort of plan should have been in place.

F*cking hell. Any would have been nice. Propaganda. Heh. You're honestly talking to the wrong person in that regard pal.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Brexit Progress on 10:51 - Sep 9 with 2670 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 10:46 - Sep 9 by Jack_Meoff

F*cking hell. Any would have been nice. Propaganda. Heh. You're honestly talking to the wrong person in that regard pal.

So you have no answer then.
Yes propaganda that you have swallowed. The eu is terrified of Brexit and are saying Lots of negative nonsense, with the intention of scaring off other countries from following the UK.

Brexit will be a success, I have no doubts.
Brexit Progress on 11:40 - Sep 9 with 2639 viewssherpajacob

As regards the repeal bill, Tories would do well to realise that it would only take a handful of by elections for these Henry VIII ministerial powers to pass to Jeremy Corbyn.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit Progress on 11:59 - Sep 9 with 2633 viewsJack_Meoff

Brexit Progress on 10:51 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

So you have no answer then.
Yes propaganda that you have swallowed. The eu is terrified of Brexit and are saying Lots of negative nonsense, with the intention of scaring off other countries from following the UK.

Brexit will be a success, I have no doubts.

That's entirely subjective, and not the point being debated here. I hope of course that you're proven correct in the long term.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Brexit Progress on 13:07 - Sep 9 with 2612 viewsYossarian

Brexit Progress on 23:52 - Sep 8 by DJack

A couple of points...

Firstly: Yossarian, oops, owned by ECB in his reply.

Secondly: The Civil Service who support whichever department often (usually) get lumbered with advisor's (appointed by government) to provide the desired outcome (or worse) that the government want. e.g ex-MI6 man Charles Farr for our latest security (MASS SURVEILLANCE) laws

Thirdly: Perhaps you need more insightful reads?

It's all a matter of opinion fella. What saddens me is that the two sides are intractable and eternally divided. Perhaps the one sobering thought that is left is that contrary to many in denial, Brexit will happen. Sadly, many refuse to accept it. That is not a point that I take any pleasure in. I worry at the fact that we are terribly divided. Don't blame those who voted Leave- they exercised a democratic right, just as I respect those who voted remain. I see much merit in that position, but some coming together isn't going to be helped by the adversarial tone many take on this whole question.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Progress on 14:25 - Sep 9 with 2590 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 13:07 - Sep 9 by Yossarian

It's all a matter of opinion fella. What saddens me is that the two sides are intractable and eternally divided. Perhaps the one sobering thought that is left is that contrary to many in denial, Brexit will happen. Sadly, many refuse to accept it. That is not a point that I take any pleasure in. I worry at the fact that we are terribly divided. Don't blame those who voted Leave- they exercised a democratic right, just as I respect those who voted remain. I see much merit in that position, but some coming together isn't going to be helped by the adversarial tone many take on this whole question.

How is it a matter of opinion? Jeremy Haywood

This thread is about how badly it's all going. This process was supposed to be easy after all since we have the upper hand and junker is scared?
Also no one is denying brexit is going to happen. We've accepted that. It's fairly obvious that leavers will never change their minds no matter how bad the outcome, so brexit will happen.
Brexit Progress on 14:43 - Sep 9 with 2586 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Progress on 10:38 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

Well since the Brexit vote, there has been huge investment decisions, like EDF investment of at least £19.6 billion to build HPC. BMW is also investing with the new mini. Unemployment is continuing to fall. The list goes on.

These are just confirmation of investment deals that were already agreed prior to the brexit vote, and who knows what sweetheart deals the government made either because it's all secret
Brexit Progress on 14:52 - Sep 9 with 2585 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 09:22 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

It is known and it's a fact, the British have no legal obligation to pay a single penny, on leaving.
So what you said is incorrect.

If we have no legal obligation to pay anything at all why are we desperately trying to agree a figure?

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit Progress on 18:19 - Sep 9 with 2528 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 14:52 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

If we have no legal obligation to pay anything at all why are we desperately trying to agree a figure?

Good point.
And its billions and billions to get a worse deal than we have now.

Whats the point ?
Billions that could have been spent on other more useful things like, i dunno - say the NHS ....?!

You could not make it up.
Davies is clearly an idiot, and Maybot is unfit for office.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Progress on 18:27 - Sep 9 with 2522 viewslonglostjack

Suez, Beeching, British Leyland and now the biggest farce of all, Brexit. We don't half like shooting ourselves in the foot.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit Progress on 18:45 - Sep 9 with 2508 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 18:19 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

Good point.
And its billions and billions to get a worse deal than we have now.

Whats the point ?
Billions that could have been spent on other more useful things like, i dunno - say the NHS ....?!

You could not make it up.
Davies is clearly an idiot, and Maybot is unfit for office.

Brexit Progress on 19:07 - Sep 9 with 2502 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 14:52 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Are we ? Or are you listening to fake news and propaganda ?.
The House of Lords eu Financial Affairs sub-Committee, has reported that under "international law" the UK, will not be obliged to Contribute to the eu budget if an agreement is not reached at the end of the article 50 negotiations.

Article 50 itself allows the UK to leave the eu without being liable for outstanding financial obligations under the eu budget, unless the withdrawal agreement is concluded which resolves the issues.
Brexit Progress on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 2498 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 18:27 - Sep 9 by longlostjack

Suez, Beeching, British Leyland and now the biggest farce of all, Brexit. We don't half like shooting ourselves in the foot.

You forgot to mention the biggest farce of all, which was joining the eec.
Brexit Progress on 19:14 - Sep 9 with 2493 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 19:07 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

Are we ? Or are you listening to fake news and propaganda ?.
The House of Lords eu Financial Affairs sub-Committee, has reported that under "international law" the UK, will not be obliged to Contribute to the eu budget if an agreement is not reached at the end of the article 50 negotiations.

Article 50 itself allows the UK to leave the eu without being liable for outstanding financial obligations under the eu budget, unless the withdrawal agreement is concluded which resolves the issues.

No it doesn't.

Brexit Progress on 19:15 - Sep 9 with 2490 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 19:14 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. Stop listening to propaganda ffs.
Brexit Progress on 19:17 - Sep 9 with 2486 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 19:15 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

Yes it does. Stop listening to propaganda ffs.

Nothing to do with it. I just know what A50 says.

Brexit Progress on 19:18 - Sep 9 with 2485 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 19:10 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

You forgot to mention the biggest farce of all, which was joining the eec.

That was the will of the people and had to be respected.

😂

Brexit Progress on 19:31 - Sep 9 with 2468 views73_Symonds_Yat

Brexit Progress on 19:17 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Nothing to do with it. I just know what A50 says.

Well, that was the findings of the House of Lords report, which was based on advice from Paul Hardy, who is the eu legal adviser to the House of Lords, but you obviously know better
Brexit Progress on 19:35 - Sep 9 with 2466 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 19:31 - Sep 9 by 73_Symonds_Yat

Well, that was the findings of the House of Lords report, which was based on advice from Paul Hardy, who is the eu legal adviser to the House of Lords, but you obviously know better

So read A50 and tell me where it says what you said it says. A wise man once told me that legal advice is only advice from a lawyer. Ask 20 of them and you'll get at least ten different answers. Many of them based purely on who's paying them the most money.

Still FAKE NEWS!!

Brexit Progress on 21:03 - Sep 9 with 2429 viewslonglostjack

Brexit Progress on 19:18 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

That was the will of the people and had to be respected.

😂

Aye but the whingers will be along to tell you that they were misled into joining a completely different thing. Fact is referendums are a disaster. Let's have a referendum on building standards related to acceptable concrete strength. Why not? Then for a bit of entertainment we could have a referendum on the death penalty. What a way to run a country.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit Progress on 00:33 - Sep 10 with 2397 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 21:03 - Sep 9 by longlostjack

Aye but the whingers will be along to tell you that they were misled into joining a completely different thing. Fact is referendums are a disaster. Let's have a referendum on building standards related to acceptable concrete strength. Why not? Then for a bit of entertainment we could have a referendum on the death penalty. What a way to run a country.

Referendums are indeed a rubbish way to run a country.

Promises of referendum do help Tories into Govt though. They don't care about 'the country'.

Brexit Progress on 12:16 - Sep 10 with 2323 viewsYossarian

Brexit Progress on 14:25 - Sep 9 by Batterseajack

How is it a matter of opinion? Jeremy Haywood

This thread is about how badly it's all going. This process was supposed to be easy after all since we have the upper hand and junker is scared?
Also no one is denying brexit is going to happen. We've accepted that. It's fairly obvious that leavers will never change their minds no matter how bad the outcome, so brexit will happen.

Not clear in your post who the analogy with Jeremy Haywood was directed at- .you or me?
Second thoughts- who cares.
I hope you and the many others that are understandably angry with the decision of the majority eventually find some inner peace. As I've tried to say, I don't take any pleasure from seeing the bile and vitriol spewing forth on either side of the debate. Perhaps we should reflect on what should keep us united whatever our politics- we support SCFC. Let's hope for 3 points today.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024