Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Progress 10:06 - Sep 6 with 36404 viewsBatterseajack

Michael Gove “we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want”
Boris Johnson “continue to be free trade and access to the single market”
David Davis “We will do deals with our trading partners and do them quickly”

Well these quotes couldn't seem further from truth right now. They campaigned for Brexit , yet now these three are in positions of power, appear totally incapable of delivering it and have vastly underestimated and misunderstood their counterparts in the EU. Will these three or even the Tories ever be accountable for how Brexit is being carried out?

BTW - This is not intended as another argument for the rights and wrongs for voting to leave / remain. But to discuss the politicians who appear to have no plan whatsoever for this.
Brexit Progress on 21:17 - Sep 21 with 2522 viewsValerie

So £4000 for each and everyone of us.

And the average wage for a manual worker in 1973 was £3800 per annum.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 21:20]
Brexit Progress on 21:45 - Sep 21 with 2504 viewssherpajacob

Brexit Progress on 21:17 - Sep 21 by Valerie

That's exactly what rees mogg and redwood want to take us back to.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit Progress on 22:14 - Sep 21 with 2492 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 21:11 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

Its money for investment in infrastructure that wales sure as feck wouldn't have got from Westminster.

and now control has passed to gerrymandered committees and cabinet ministers who ignore the law of the land.

£200bn since 1973 you say, I make that less than £2 per person per week.

Spot on Sherpa.

And Barryswan needs not to swallow what his daily London newspaper tells him each day. Think mun.

Unless of course all the economics professionals have all got it all wrong at the same time.

Maybe Barry wants Walesshire instead of Wales ?

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Progress on 09:43 - Sep 22 with 2421 viewssherpajacob

one of Mrs May's biggest faults (she has many) is her inability to listen to what she is being told and just keep repeating meaningless sound bites.

The EU has said there can be no transition arrangements or trade deal discussions until NI border, EU citizens in UK and divorce bill have been agreed. David Davis on the first morning of negotiations agreed to this.

We are led to believe, Mrs May will today make a speech about transition arrangements and trade deals.

Brexit Progress on 10:20 - Sep 22 with 2404 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit Progress on 22:14 - Sep 21 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on Sherpa.

And Barryswan needs not to swallow what his daily London newspaper tells him each day. Think mun.

Unless of course all the economics professionals have all got it all wrong at the same time.

Maybe Barry wants Walesshire instead of Wales ?

You mean all those economic geniuses who insisted that we join the ERM and the Euro or we would be doomed, just before they all failed to spot the world economic crash of 2008 looming on the horizon?

Those economic geniuses...... or are you talking about different ones?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 10:20]
Brexit Progress on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 2390 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit Progress on 09:43 - Sep 22 by sherpajacob

one of Mrs May's biggest faults (she has many) is her inability to listen to what she is being told and just keep repeating meaningless sound bites.

The EU has said there can be no transition arrangements or trade deal discussions until NI border, EU citizens in UK and divorce bill have been agreed. David Davis on the first morning of negotiations agreed to this.

We are led to believe, Mrs May will today make a speech about transition arrangements and trade deals.

As a country regaining its sovereignty and the right to make it's own laws rather than be given them by the unelected of Brussels I would suggest this.

1) What the UK does with it's own borders is up to us not The EU. If the UK wishes a hard border in NI then it has one, if it decides to have a softer border in NI and perhaps a harder one in Holyhead or other British ports serving the cross Irish sea ferry trade then it does that instead.

You don't really seem to be able to grasp the concept of a sovereign country making it's own decisions.

2) I don't recall anyone suggesting that hard working EU nationals working and living in the UK be deported ( other than lefty remoaners of course suggesting that persons unknown are demanding this) Any foreign nationals living, working and contributing to the UK don't appear to be under any threat to me.

However the ludicrous suggestion from the EU that they somehow will be under the juristiction of the ECJ rather than the UK's legal system just about sums up the insanity of the EU and the rewhiners.

I also don't see the problem with asking any foreign nationals not working and contributing to this country to return to their own countries just as other countries apply to British Nationals abroad.

3) Whilst I expect the British government to act in the interests of British citizens abroad ( something they have spectacularly failed to do in the case of Brits having their houses knocked down in Spain or in the case of the Spanish harrassment of Gibraltar)

At the end of the day if you choose to live abroad you also undertake to live under the rules, laws and requirements of that country. It's not for Brits who have choosen to emigrate to demand that those of us living in the UK accept mass unlimited immigration just because they live abroad or for that matter make any other concessions to the EU that we don't wish to or are deemed not to be in the country's best interests.

This is no different to Brits who have chosen to live in non EU countries such as the USA or Australia if you emigrate and those countries wish to accept you then you do so under their criteria and rules, end of story.

4) Yes..... we've got that you prefer for £bns of British money to be spent in other countries instead of building and running schools, hospitals and other institutions in the UK.

You don't have to keep telling us, don't tell me, tell the bloke next to you in the waiting room down the hospital next time you're queuing up for hours after waiting months to see a consultant.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 15:56]
Brexit Progress on 18:14 - Sep 22 with 2346 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Progress on 10:44 - Sep 22 by BarrySwan

As a country regaining its sovereignty and the right to make it's own laws rather than be given them by the unelected of Brussels I would suggest this.

1) What the UK does with it's own borders is up to us not The EU. If the UK wishes a hard border in NI then it has one, if it decides to have a softer border in NI and perhaps a harder one in Holyhead or other British ports serving the cross Irish sea ferry trade then it does that instead.

You don't really seem to be able to grasp the concept of a sovereign country making it's own decisions.

2) I don't recall anyone suggesting that hard working EU nationals working and living in the UK be deported ( other than lefty remoaners of course suggesting that persons unknown are demanding this) Any foreign nationals living, working and contributing to the UK don't appear to be under any threat to me.

However the ludicrous suggestion from the EU that they somehow will be under the juristiction of the ECJ rather than the UK's legal system just about sums up the insanity of the EU and the rewhiners.

I also don't see the problem with asking any foreign nationals not working and contributing to this country to return to their own countries just as other countries apply to British Nationals abroad.

3) Whilst I expect the British government to act in the interests of British citizens abroad ( something they have spectacularly failed to do in the case of Brits having their houses knocked down in Spain or in the case of the Spanish harrassment of Gibraltar)

At the end of the day if you choose to live abroad you also undertake to live under the rules, laws and requirements of that country. It's not for Brits who have choosen to emigrate to demand that those of us living in the UK accept mass unlimited immigration just because they live abroad or for that matter make any other concessions to the EU that we don't wish to or are deemed not to be in the country's best interests.

This is no different to Brits who have chosen to live in non EU countries such as the USA or Australia if you emigrate and those countries wish to accept you then you do so under their criteria and rules, end of story.

4) Yes..... we've got that you prefer for £bns of British money to be spent in other countries instead of building and running schools, hospitals and other institutions in the UK.

You don't have to keep telling us, don't tell me, tell the bloke next to you in the waiting room down the hospital next time you're queuing up for hours after waiting months to see a consultant.

Ah - That will be the nice European consultant who went back home after being made to feel unwelcome, after 20 years in UK, by half wits and racist morons.

Never mind, maybe we could make people better just by wishing them better - you know, like Brexit.

Brexit Progress on 18:39 - Sep 22 with 2337 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit Progress on 21:17 - Sep 21 by Valerie

This has to be one of the stupidest comments ive read on here.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Progress on 19:20 - Sep 22 with 2315 viewsexiledclaseboy

Theresa the Appeaser has committed the UK to effectively remaining a member of the EU on current terms until at least 2021 (assuming they let us and she lasts that long).

Nigel Farage is not happy nor, I would imagine, large swathes of Tory MPs.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit Progress on 19:48 - Sep 22 with 2300 viewsKilkennyjack

Theresa May couldn't name a single specific concession we've secured from the EU during negotiations. #florencespeech

Brexit Progress on 19:50 - Sep 22 with 2298 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit Progress on 19:20 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

Theresa the Appeaser has committed the UK to effectively remaining a member of the EU on current terms until at least 2021 (assuming they let us and she lasts that long).

Nigel Farage is not happy nor, I would imagine, large swathes of Tory MPs.

Presumably not exactly current terms as we wouldn't be a member, so wouldn't have a seat at the table.

If Brexit is going to be so great, it's funny how they don't want to let go. Bunch of Muppets.
Brexit Progress on 19:53 - Sep 22 with 2296 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 19:50 - Sep 22 by LeonWasGod

Presumably not exactly current terms as we wouldn't be a member, so wouldn't have a seat at the table.

If Brexit is going to be so great, it's funny how they don't want to let go. Bunch of Muppets.

Good point. We’ll have two years of all the commitments and responsibilities of membership, financial and otherwise, with no influence on how those are shaped. Outstanding effort.

Brexit Progress on 20:30 - Sep 22 with 2279 viewsmax936

Brexit Progress on 19:53 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

Good point. We’ll have two years of all the commitments and responsibilities of membership, financial and otherwise, with no influence on how those are shaped. Outstanding effort.

Innit Brussels are charging their glasses and pissing themselves laughing at the utterly useless gutless British PM, they'll walk all over her and we'll be paying for it for ever.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brexit Progress on 20:31 - Sep 22 with 2279 viewsMeraki

You gotta laugh mind.

Brexit Progress on 20:42 - Sep 22 with 2270 viewsKilkennyjack

The Brexit post of the Year 🏆👏

Brexit Progress on 21:29 - Sep 22 with 2248 viewsthe_oracle

Your first sentence alone shows you have absolutely know idea of what the EU is and what it does. You are just regurgitating the bollocks headlines of the Mail, Express and the Sun.
Brexit Progress on 21:44 - Sep 22 with 2236 viewsPozuelosSideys

So? When we leave we wont have the ability to do that anyway. The whole point of this (and i thought it was all a bit too conciliatory and very weak) was just to buy time to get our act together, especially seeing as none of these monkies seem to work more than one day a week.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Brexit Progress on 21:45 - Sep 22 with 2234 viewssherpajacob

Read the government white paper on sovereignty.

Brexit Progress on 21:52 - Sep 22 with 2223 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit Progress on 21:44 - Sep 22 by PozuelosSideys

So? When we leave we wont have the ability to do that anyway. The whole point of this (and i thought it was all a bit too conciliatory and very weak) was just to buy time to get our act together, especially seeing as none of these monkies seem to work more than one day a week.

It’s an admission that we were and are woefully unprepared for leaving the EU and that we haven’t got a clue what to do. It’s buying time and also taking the “no deal is better than a bad deal” threat firmly off the table. I still can’t work out why they invoked A50 when they did. Criminal incompetence.

Brexit Progress on 22:07 - Sep 22 with 2205 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit Progress on 21:52 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

It’s an admission that we were and are woefully unprepared for leaving the EU and that we haven’t got a clue what to do. It’s buying time and also taking the “no deal is better than a bad deal” threat firmly off the table. I still can’t work out why they invoked A50 when they did. Criminal incompetence.

Its an admission that whoever drew up the timetables for exit procedures never envisaged a country actually doing so, and certainly not one the size and complexity of the UK. Either that or it was written by one of the 'one day a week monkies'.

This whole "we dont have a clue"piece. Not sure i buy that. Nobody has done this before so its effectively precedent setting. Both sides could have an uber detailed roadmap put together, and it would still take forever as neither want to buckle, even though the UK blinked first today sadly. I honestly dont believe the EU have a clue either, theyre just waiting to hear what comes their way, then either spit it back or demand more. They dont need to be the creative ones.

Agree about the A50. Sadly the pressure was coming on from all sides. Id have imagined another two years of paid up EU subs would please many of the Remain camp.

Brexit Progress on 09:59 - Sep 23 with 2148 viewsHighjack

Can't see may lasting long now after this shambles.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit Progress on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 2135 viewsWarwickHunt

Brexit Progress on 09:59 - Sep 23 by Highjack

Can't see may lasting long now after this shambles.

Might be an opportunity for Hammond now that Bumbling Boris has piśsed on his chips.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd welcome him as PM...
Brexit Progress on 10:46 - Sep 23 with 2116 viewsHighjack

Brexit Progress on 10:28 - Sep 23 by WarwickHunt

Might be an opportunity for Hammond now that Bumbling Boris has piśsed on his chips.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd welcome him as PM...

I think it just highlights how completely inept and inadequate our political class has become, and it's across the board. The Tories are absolutely f ucking useless. The alternative is labour who are absolutely f ucking useless. The libs are absolutely f ucking useless and plaid are the most f ucking useless of the lot. I wouldn't trust any of them to achieve anything.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit Progress on 15:41 - Sep 27 with 1940 viewsBatterseajack

Looks like the Americans have slapped a 220% import tariff onto the UK aerospace industry. Weren't we supposed to be looking to these guys first for a cushty trade deals post Brexit?

This is what america first looks like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41397181
Brexit Progress on 16:27 - Sep 27 with 1926 viewslonglostjack

Brexit Progress on 15:41 - Sep 27 by Batterseajack

Looks like the Americans have slapped a 220% import tariff onto the UK aerospace industry. Weren't we supposed to be looking to these guys first for a cushty trade deals post Brexit?

This is what america first looks like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41397181

I thought Maybot and Trump were good friends?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024