Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's crowd should be ashamed 20:14 - Sep 23 with 11848 viewsshenleymun

The crowd today was an utter disgrace.

Five minutes in and I heard the first shouts of "Get into them, f**k them up". The chant of the idiot who doesn't know why they are there or what they are watching.

Kick the ball long and lose possession, they are happy.

Twenty five minutes in and the booing starts. Why not just f**k off home, or not come in the first place?

I went to my first game in 1977. For most of that time we have been in League One or Two. We are lucky to be in the PL and we have no divine right to beat Watford, Burnley or Huddersfield, let alone Spurs or Arsenal. We are living in ridiculously fortunate times. So were Wigan until recently.

By all means talk bollocks on this board about who you would pick if you were the manager instead of a welder or a shop assistant. At the games, we should stand together and behind the team.

Grow up the f***ing lot of you.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:16 - Sep 23 with 7194 viewsNeathJack

What reaction do you think the crowd should have given to that first half display?

As far as I'm concerned they got off easy.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 7148 viewsGowerjack

Fair play.

Can we keep you?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 7148 viewsjacabertawe

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:16 - Sep 23 by NeathJack

What reaction do you think the crowd should have given to that first half display?

As far as I'm concerned they got off easy.

Indeed.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 7132 viewsgiantstoneater

Me, I was hoping we`d string two passes together we need much more from the players that what they gave us in that first half, second half was much better and with better balls into the box may have got more but we went chasing the game instead of closing it out a point is better than nil and we have now lost 3 on the bounce at home not good is it!!
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 7112 viewsplasjack

I didn't boo, but the performance after did improve.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 7065 viewsNeathJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:27 - Sep 23 with 7063 viewsJoshTheJack

Maybe they're fed up of Clement just letting teams go at us.We were at home the least we expect is to atleat cause Watford problems they had a free reign in the first half.We shouldn't just be happy being in the prem we should be aiming to be the best we can be.We may not have a right to beat these teams but we should atleast be trying to.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:27 - Sep 23 with 7050 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If the crowd had not of boo'd and jeered, I'm sure Clement would have happily played the rest of the game with his beloved 5 at the back and two defensive midfielders.

He had no choice but to change it. It would have become toxic had that continued for 90 minutes. Once you lose the fans in the stadium then you are done, as we saw with Jackett.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:28 - Sep 23 with 7042 viewsDarran

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:27 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If the crowd had not of boo'd and jeered, I'm sure Clement would have happily played the rest of the game with his beloved 5 at the back and two defensive midfielders.

He had no choice but to change it. It would have become toxic had that continued for 90 minutes. Once you lose the fans in the stadium then you are done, as we saw with Jackett.

Well said Dwight.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:29 - Sep 23 with 7015 viewsZZoric

well played to the OP - it looks like it was equally morose on the always ridiculously turgid matchday thread

why do they bother

"realistically" - we were poor 1st half - but somehow the realistically negative brigade fail to see how their constant bile doesnt help, wtf.

some will argue that the bile will have coerced the manager to make changes - get a grip
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:30 - Sep 23 with 7009 viewsJackfath

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:28 - Sep 23 by Darran

Well said Dwight.

Dwight speaks a lot of sense. I am unsure as to why so many get upset with him. One of the better posters on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 6991 viewsmonmouth

Sometimes I'd agree. Most actually, but the booing absolutely changed the game and was thoroughly earned.

They rightly, weren't booed at half time....although that might have been because yet again we were denied a corner by a baldy tw@t, so he got the boos. If they had been booed at half time that would have been wrong.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 6962 viewscharliet27

The booing was probably an overreaction - but the jeering and husting was more than necessary to alert the players of how woeful they were playing. That uncomfortable atmosphere was a metaphoric kick up the ass for both players and manager to sort it the f*ck out.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:35 - Sep 23 with 6937 viewsswansea68

It's criminal to set so defensively. Also he sees Tammy every day in training. Does he really think he should be on the bench ?? He is 1 of the very few with real pace and creativity to cause some problems. We badly lack a creative midfielder. Watford had so much space and energy going forward the first half simply cos we let them. It could have been game over by half time if they had got a second. Clements should gave changed it after 20 mins. Remember the Middlesbrough game we had to win last year and drew 0-0 and didn't make a change. That's the type of manager we have . 1 who first priority is not to lose. 5 in back away from home is fine. At home we have to be more creative.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:36 - Sep 23 with 6910 viewsSgorioFruit

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:30 - Sep 23 by Jackfath

Dwight speaks a lot of sense. I am unsure as to why so many get upset with him. One of the better posters on here.

nail on the head.

all game I was wondering what the manager and co were thinking when they hear the crowd boo and jeer at the dross being served up by the boys in white.
The fans atmosphere is going to have an effect on the players, it shows when we see good football or pointless wasted football, today we seen the latter

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:43 - Sep 23 with 6837 viewsEilian

The "Get into them, f**k them up" is supposed to jeer the players up to be more combative and compete harder for the ball in the tackle.

Your first game was in 1977. Was this your second game by any chance?
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 6816 viewsDarran

He does,he most definitely does.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 6812 viewsWingstandwood

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:27 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You do not get many PL teams that play 5 at the back at home against the lesser non-elite e.g. Chelsea, Man Unt, Man City etc teams. SCFC the only club? Also! SCFC must be the only team in the PL with (minimal to the point of zero) wide players that put on consistant shows of appalling cutting edge end product, goals and pace to get behind opposing fullbacks.

Argus!

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:49 - Sep 23 with 6781 viewsmagicdaps10

Well if Mawson got into Richarlson instead of pussy footing around then im sure he wouldnt have scored.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:49 - Sep 23 with 6780 viewsjacksfullaces

he speaks almost no sense IMO but a stopped clock gives the right time every now and again. we were awful today for 45 mins, I don't think clement would have stuck with the same system irrespective of the booing but I guess that is a matter of conjecture.

I am not in the least bit happy with the tactics or impetus of the team today, the fella you are championing though is pretty much in that camp 100% of the time for as long as I have frequented this board.

critical friends are good are they not, if they are objective and don't hold an agenda, an educational mind would agree. still if you like him, good on you, takes all sorts, what would the world be like if we all liked the same things ...maybe certain types are drawn toward each other.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:50 - Sep 23 with 6769 viewsJoshTheJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:45 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

You do not get many PL teams that play 5 at the back at home against the lesser non-elite e.g. Chelsea, Man Unt, Man City etc teams. SCFC the only club? Also! SCFC must be the only team in the PL with (minimal to the point of zero) wide players that put on consistant shows of appalling cutting edge end product, goals and pace to get behind opposing fullbacks.

7 Seasons in the prem and Wayne and Nath still look like first choice absolutely mental.we had brief hope with Jeff.Meanwihle Pablo Hernandez is at leeds!.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 6711 viewsElward

The day the club pay for my season ticket is the day they can tell me how to react. Until then, im paying a lot of money, so i expect to be entertained.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:58 - Sep 23 with 6696 viewsplasjack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:50 - Sep 23 by JoshTheJack

7 Seasons in the prem and Wayne and Nath still look like first choice absolutely mental.we had brief hope with Jeff.Meanwihle Pablo Hernandez is at leeds!.

Agree totally, pace wins games and we are losing the ability to counter attack.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 6664 viewsDewi1jack

Didn't boo the players today- never have hopefully never will. I have always thought that it really is no help, possibly counter-productive
Did I understand it today?
Yes, most definitely. That's a first for me I s'pose

Walking into the stadium and finding we're playing 5 fuggin defenders against Watford when we're supposed to be at home. Is that a joke?
No you're deadly serious Clement.

And please don't try and tell me we were using wingbacks. Ohlsson looks poor at the mo for whatever reason and Angel is a far better option for going forward than Naughton, even if he's due to draw his pension soon!
Lost count how many times Naughton could have used the space to attack and he stopped dead, looked around, thought about something, had a gander at the options and played the Deadly Dudley square ball.

Clueless in the middle doing his pointy pointy thing without having the skill level of the Capt pointy we got rid of (good decision btw)
At least when Clement made the changes at half time, we looked like we had some oomph and ideas.
Still in the 10 game window to see how we're doing. Thinking it would be fairer to give him 12 games purely because of the fugup Beaky and the Yeehaas made of the transfer window.

Now Beaky and his cohorts are the b'stards everyone should be turning their anger towards.
Our poor squad depth.
The extended contracts for players we love but unfortunately due to Father Time, are no longer good enough to be in the Pl starting/ playing 95 mins every week.
Selling the best, scouting and buying w**k like NGog, Tabafatty Eder etc etc
That's down to the Ex board and I even include the Trust in that, as they never spoke out about it - certainly never to their members

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 6644 viewsWingstandwood

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:50 - Sep 23 by JoshTheJack

Crazy to think (depite his numerous critics) I'm starting to dream/yearn of having Scott Sinclair back. And I think I may not be the only one?????

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024