Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc 17:12 - Oct 7 with 10031 viewssherpajacob

Belgium 1 up

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:44 - Oct 7 with 3575 viewsploppy

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:39 - Oct 7 by sherpajacob

Cyprus 1 Greece 2 ft.

We now wait on Slovakia and Scotland tomorrow

Am I right in thinking we'd like it to be a draw due to Scotland's poorer GD?
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:45 - Oct 7 with 3574 viewsPhil_S

Wales will win Monday night

Serbia wont

And all this second placed crap will be forgotten

At least we know now that a win will see us secure a minimum play off spot
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:48 - Oct 7 with 3555 viewsJackFish

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:41 - Oct 7 by monmouth

So all that Belgium trauma was a load of old arse then? I had to lie down in a darkened room after that. I blame Clase.

No. If Bosnia had won, we could still win on Monday and miss out. Now we know that a win is enough for the playoff.

I think the only scenarios where a draw would be enough are:
Scotland draw/lose + Slovakia draw/lose
Croatia/Ukraine draw by the same scoreline or less than we do
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:53 - Oct 7 with 3535 viewssherpajacob

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:48 - Oct 7 by JackFish

No. If Bosnia had won, we could still win on Monday and miss out. Now we know that a win is enough for the playoff.

I think this is correct .

We will of course know the Slovakia / Scotland position by Monday.

But Ukraine v Croatia is simultaneous with us, .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)#Ranking

Edit
Slovakia are home to Malta and will have 12 mini league points and a,better GD than us.

It's simple

We have to win.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2017 21:58]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:54 - Oct 7 with 3530 viewsmonmouth

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:48 - Oct 7 by JackFish

if we win, there’s no way the Scots will score 3 more than us in Slovenia. I think a win was always going to be enough.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:55 - Oct 7 with 3528 viewsploppy

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:44 - Oct 7 by ploppy

Am I right in thinking we'd like it to be a draw due to Scotland's poorer GD?

Oops, got that wrong. I thought Scotland were away at Slovakia. Bugger.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:34 - Oct 7 with 3444 viewsthornabyswan

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:55 - Oct 7 by ploppy

Oops, got that wrong. I thought Scotland were away at Slovakia. Bugger.

Scotland are away I think

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:37 - Oct 7 with 3439 viewsploppy

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:34 - Oct 7 by thornabyswan

Scotland are away I think

Yes, to Slovenia though - not Slovakia as I thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:49 - Oct 7 with 3424 viewsswanaway

What a stupid way to run a tournament, should be 8 groups, winners qualify and all 2nd place teams in the play offs.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 23:00 - Oct 7 with 3407 viewsswan85

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 21:45 - Oct 7 by Phil_S

Wales will win Monday night

Serbia wont

And all this second placed crap will be forgotten

At least we know now that a win will see us secure a minimum play off spot

I agree Serbia won't win, they will choke now. It will Serb them right as well!
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 23:18 - Oct 7 with 3379 viewsJBT95

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:49 - Oct 7 by swanaway

What a stupid way to run a tournament, should be 8 groups, winners qualify and all 2nd place teams in the play offs.

Hmm, 54/8 = 6.75, so most teams groups of 7 meaning 12 match days. Then one second place team would need to automatically qualify and a 3rd place would go in the play-offs.

No system is perfect, other than maybe 13 groups of mainly 4 teams! (like back in the day), but then there'd be hardly any matches to play.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 00:13 - Oct 8 with 3334 viewsmajorraglan

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 23:18 - Oct 7 by JBT95

Hmm, 54/8 = 6.75, so most teams groups of 7 meaning 12 match days. Then one second place team would need to automatically qualify and a 3rd place would go in the play-offs.

No system is perfect, other than maybe 13 groups of mainly 4 teams! (like back in the day), but then there'd be hardly any matches to play.

Why not go for 9 groups with the top team in each group going through the family naps. All the second place teams would then qualify for the play offs, with the 8th and 9th placed teams having a"wild card" type play off similar to American football, where the winners of that game would then progress through to the last 8 and the "play offs proper". There may be some logistical issues around fitting the games in, but a bit of imagination and using the international friendly windows could address that.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 00:33 - Oct 8 with 3325 viewsJBT95

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 00:13 - Oct 8 by majorraglan

Why not go for 9 groups with the top team in each group going through the family naps. All the second place teams would then qualify for the play offs, with the 8th and 9th placed teams having a"wild card" type play off similar to American football, where the winners of that game would then progress through to the last 8 and the "play offs proper". There may be some logistical issues around fitting the games in, but a bit of imagination and using the international friendly windows could address that.

There are no 'friendly' windows. The only time they could play that would be in March which is too late really.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 06:53 - Oct 8 with 3258 viewsJackFish

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 22:49 - Oct 7 by swanaway

What do we do with the 13th qualifying place?

It’s stupid that results against the bottom team don’t count mind, made sense when the groups were different sizes but not now.
Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 08:26 - Oct 8 with 3203 viewsthornabyswan

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 06:53 - Oct 8 by JackFish

What do we do with the 13th qualifying place?

It’s stupid that results against the bottom team don’t count mind, made sense when the groups were different sizes but not now.

Should be a good game though a draw is no good to Wales or the Republic.
But with Ireland being a point worse I think they have to win by 3 goals to piip Greece on goal difference.
Hopefully will help Wales.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 09:51 - Oct 8 with 3151 viewsmonmouth

Bosnia, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus etc etc on 08:26 - Oct 8 by thornabyswan

Should be a good game though a draw is no good to Wales or the Republic.
But with Ireland being a point worse I think they have to win by 3 goals to piip Greece on goal difference.
Hopefully will help Wales.

If that's true that is great news. The only dance they can do is the Clement Waltz. I was far more worried about a tight scaredy cat game looking to pinch a 1-0 as I think that's a game we might lose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024