Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatening referees 12:43 - Oct 15 with 9710 viewsDarran

Just bumped into a mate down the boot said and he reckons there was quite a nasty incident up Penlan football pitches yesterday morning where a 16 year old referee was threatened by a group of parents,anyone hear about it?

Absolutely disgusting if true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Threatening referees on 12:47 - Oct 15 with 7886 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s true. The kid in question is the son of former neighbour of ours from Ravenhill. I don’t know them that well but he’s a nice, quiet kid. It’s dreadful behaviour from grown adults but sadly not uncommon in local football.

Poll: Tory leader

Threatening referees on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 7844 viewsJackfath

Further evidence to back up claims made here. It really is disgusting and those people having a pop at a young man undoubtedly doing his best to facilitate a game of football really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Until the fA really clamps down on the abuse this is going to become the norm by Jackfath 11 Oct 2017 17:59
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-41569820

Unfortunately many watch the pro players verbally abusing the refs and think they can do the same in their matches. It's up to the FA to stop this otherwise there will be a shortage of refs in the near future.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Threatening referees on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 7845 viewsTheFranchise

I can confirm an incident but can't really say much more because of the age of the referee and my position.

Let's just say I am absolutely livid.
Threatening referees on 13:00 - Oct 15 with 7827 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 12:57 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

I can confirm an incident but can't really say much more because of the age of the referee and my position.

Throw the book at the parents Dave. Utterly disgraceful. I wonder if any of them post on here?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Threatening referees on 13:00 - Oct 15 with 7827 viewsDarran

Threatening referees on 12:47 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

It’s true. The kid in question is the son of former neighbour of ours from Ravenhill. I don’t know them that well but he’s a nice, quiet kid. It’s dreadful behaviour from grown adults but sadly not uncommon in local football.

Disgusting they should be punished.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Threatening referees on 13:04 - Oct 15 with 7797 viewsTheFranchise

Threatening referees on 13:00 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

Throw the book at the parents Dave. Utterly disgraceful. I wonder if any of them post on here?

Discipline is dealt with by the West Wales FA.
Threatening referees on 13:05 - Oct 15 with 7791 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 13:04 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

Discipline is dealt with by the West Wales FA.

Do they take this kind of thing seriously? What are the punishments that they could dish out?

Threatening referees on 13:07 - Oct 15 with 7785 viewsexiledclaseboy

I believe the police have been contacted as well. And quite right too.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Threatening referees on 13:09 - Oct 15 with 7769 viewsTheFranchise

Threatening referees on 13:05 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

Do they take this kind of thing seriously? What are the punishments that they could dish out?

Yes, I'm told the punishments are quite severe. Thankfully, this doesn't happen often. This is the first I can recall of an incident this bad.

I really can't say any more.

The offending group obviously have to be found guilty and I wasnt there to witness it.
Threatening referees on 13:10 - Oct 15 with 7758 viewsexhmrc1

The behaviour in Junior football has been absolutely disgraceful for many years. Many senior referees wont ref junior matches because of the behaviour of parents and children. An experienced ref was attacked a number of years ago and the parent went down
Threatening referees on 13:15 - Oct 15 with 7724 viewsTheFranchise

Threatening referees on 13:10 - Oct 15 by exhmrc1

The behaviour in Junior football has been absolutely disgraceful for many years. Many senior referees wont ref junior matches because of the behaviour of parents and children. An experienced ref was attacked a number of years ago and the parent went down

I'm not having that I'm sorry. Incidents at junior football are infrequent and when something happens it is dealt with appropriately by the WWFA.

There are nearly 30 referees in local junior football and I know other leagues are envious of this. Some weeks there are more referees than games available.

The referee you mention still referees in the junior and senior league every week.
Threatening referees on 13:25 - Oct 15 with 7669 viewsmagicdaps10

Truely pathetic, its a game of football for gods sake.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Threatening referees on 13:33 - Oct 15 with 7629 viewsmatt_the_jack

I was at Ashleigh Road refereeing a game yesterday and had no issues at all, in fact a lot of the parents thanked me for doing the game and turning up. I have been lucky that I've never really had any incidents at Junior Level with parents/managers, but unfortunately it does happen now and again.

The Swansea Junior League is well run and luckily the West Wales do punish behaviour from managers/parents when reported. I think it's a sad way of life that people react in certain ways in football, especially kid's football, where it should be about the enjoyment of playing football. Thankfully incidents like the above are few and far between and I do not know what happened yesterday or who was involved. Hopefully the right punishment is reached and the referee in question, doesn't stop because of this, even though I would totally understand if he/she does.

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Threatening referees on 14:21 - Oct 15 with 7431 viewsLoyal

Threatening referees on 12:57 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

What position are you in, should I be sent a photo ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Threatening referees on 14:26 - Oct 15 with 7421 viewsTheFranchise

Threatening referees on 14:21 - Oct 15 by Loyal

What position are you in, should I be sent a photo ?

i'm flattered, honest.
Threatening referees on 14:33 - Oct 15 with 7378 viewsLoyal

Threatening referees on 14:26 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

i'm flattered, honest.

👍 in truth threatening a kid doing his best to give everyone a decent morning out is pretty poor.
Hope the coppers sting em.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Threatening referees on 15:02 - Oct 15 with 7278 viewsdickythorpe

Terrible for 16yr old to go through that.

But isn't the problem at the top level? The abuse shouted at the ref yesterday was out of order at times.

Don't we have to look at ourselves as fans?
Threatening referees on 15:09 - Oct 15 with 7254 viewsTheFranchise

Threatening referees on 15:02 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

Terrible for 16yr old to go through that.

But isn't the problem at the top level? The abuse shouted at the ref yesterday was out of order at times.

Don't we have to look at ourselves as fans?

If I could give details, you'd all be disgusted. Once the hearing is done, I'll report back.
Threatening referees on 16:09 - Oct 15 with 7123 viewsCountyJim

Ive been a ref now for thirty odd years and have to say the behaviour these days is shocking

I told a young lad off last season and said "Now dont be a plank and and behave" his Dad came on to the Pitch and threw a punch at me but missed I then abandoned the game as I knew my mind wouldnt be on the game. I never swear on the pitch because you open yourself up then to all sorts

They see the behaviour of so called stars and I blame the top refs for it they should set an example
Threatening referees on 16:18 - Oct 15 with 7083 viewsCountyJim

Also when I was a kid playing if you spoke out of turn to the Ref our manager would take you off even if he had to play with ten men perhaps coaches these days could take that on

But I wont hold my breath
Threatening referees on 16:19 - Oct 15 with 7078 viewsdickythorpe

Threatening referees on 15:09 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

If I could give details, you'd all be disgusted. Once the hearing is done, I'll report back.

I bet we would.

Men of all ages yesterday raging at the poor decisions the ref made. Using language that would cause problems in the workplace or on the street.

But we accept it don't we?
Threatening referees on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 6783 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 16:09 - Oct 15 by CountyJim

Ive been a ref now for thirty odd years and have to say the behaviour these days is shocking

I told a young lad off last season and said "Now dont be a plank and and behave" his Dad came on to the Pitch and threw a punch at me but missed I then abandoned the game as I knew my mind wouldnt be on the game. I never swear on the pitch because you open yourself up then to all sorts

They see the behaviour of so called stars and I blame the top refs for it they should set an example

With respect, perhaps you should treat players with more respect than speaking like that to them. I agree that his father shouldn't have enter the field of play of feel he has the right to have a pop. However I've always found that if you speak to people and treat them respectfully then you are more than likely to be treated the same in return. Of course there are rare exceptions to this.

Threatening referees on 19:28 - Dec 2 with 5703 viewsCountyJim

Threatening referees on 19:30 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

With respect, perhaps you should treat players with more respect than speaking like that to them. I agree that his father shouldn't have enter the field of play of feel he has the right to have a pop. However I've always found that if you speak to people and treat them respectfully then you are more than likely to be treated the same in return. Of course there are rare exceptions to this.

Whats wrong with calling someone a plank

Are people that precious these days
Threatening referees on 19:31 - Dec 2 with 5658 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 19:28 - Dec 2 by CountyJim

Whats wrong with calling someone a plank

Are people that precious these days

Nothing to do with being precious. Basic manners I would have thought.

Threatening referees on 00:48 - Dec 3 with 5256 viewsLoyal

Threatening referees on 19:31 - Dec 2 by Jackfath

Nothing to do with being precious. Basic manners I would have thought.

Maybe you need a safe space ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024