Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest 10:10 - Oct 29 with 23056 viewsshandley

The Protest Is About Support The Team Not The Regime
the protest is a protest against Huw Jenkins
Change is needed Huw Jenkins Out
we urge every fan to get behind are team this protest is about the regime not the team
Huw Jenkins Actions Will Relegate This Team
12 o'clock main reception Liberty Stadium Brighton Home GAME
Your Surport Is Needed
event being organised by Dai Lewis & Stephen Handley
Both On Facebook Do Look Us Up
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:17 - Nov 3 with 1760 viewsmonmouth

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:15 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Im really not following I'm afraid.

The members appoint the board. The board have the power to make decisions. That's just how things work in most places. It's how every election in this country works. Same rules apply to the Trust.. Those elected have the authority to make decisions.

When it came to something as major as this, the board decided it had to go to the members. It didn't have to, not legally, but it did because it was of such significant importance.

Yeah I know, but it really does read like the Trust Board IS the Trust and the members something separate, and I'm sure that's not what was intended.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:24 - Nov 3 with 1741 viewsHCMC

Of course he meant and thinks they are not one and the same,why would he make the distinction between the two otherwise?
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:35 - Nov 3 with 1716 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:17 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Yeah I know, but it really does read like the Trust Board IS the Trust and the members something separate, and I'm sure that's not what was intended.

All I can say is that that's not remotely what I meant, or what I think, and is probably a result of posting something quickly before heading out for lunch. If I did think that, why on earth would I continually say that such things have to be a decision of the members.

I guess that's where we are. I'll double check every post from now on.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:37 - Nov 3 with 1714 viewsMeraki

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:24 - Nov 3 by HCMC

Of course he meant and thinks they are not one and the same,why would he make the distinction between the two otherwise?

With the amount of members falling each year the Trust board will be the only members soon.

We need a Trust to keep The Trust in check these days.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:03 - Nov 3 with 1665 viewspikeypaul

It’s not so much the fact he regards the Trust totally seperate from its members but the fact that the requirements of the members being consulted was brought up with the QC.Why was that I wonder?
In a rush for his lunch or not it’s clear what he thinks and wants and we all know it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:15 - Nov 3 with 1656 viewsmonmouth

I don't agree that's what Ux personally thinks at all, but I do think, maybe unfairly, that the Trust Board as an entity has started thinking of itself as The Trust. Secretive, manipulative and pursuing its own agenda. Not sure why I'm even writing this as nothing to do with me any longer, except as a general fan of the club's football team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:17 - Nov 3 with 1654 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:03 - Nov 3 by pikeypaul

It’s not so much the fact he regards the Trust totally seperate from its members but the fact that the requirements of the members being consulted was brought up with the QC.Why was that I wonder?
In a rush for his lunch or not it’s clear what he thinks and wants and we all know it.

Yeah, final post on this.

Your post makes no sense. If you think this was some machiavellian act by the Trust board in an attempt to bypass the members, why did they go to the members anyway?

Anyway, as I recall, it was the QC who raised the issue during discussions on what could or couldn't be presented in terms of his guidance in a fans forum (which was about to happen) without damaging the case. He made the point that the board were elected for reasons such as this issue. FWIW, I disagree with him, this was far too fundamental for that.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:27 - Nov 3 with 1642 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:15 - Nov 3 by monmouth

I don't agree that's what Ux personally thinks at all, but I do think, maybe unfairly, that the Trust Board as an entity has started thinking of itself as The Trust. Secretive, manipulative and pursuing its own agenda. Not sure why I'm even writing this as nothing to do with me any longer, except as a general fan of the club's football team.

Ok definitely last post. I definitely think that's unfair, and inaccurate.

I'm not even sure what the Trust board's agenda would be, in that scenario. There's bugger all benefit to being involved with it. Not that I know why everyone applied or stood for election, but I can only assume it was because they thought they could help represent the interests of the fans. Why else be there?

True the Trust board (in the form it was in at the time .. there's been some change in its members since) had a recommendation on the ballot, and that is driving its path at the moment because that was voted that way by the members, but that's about it. If the vote had gone the other way, things would be progressing rather differently now.

Its perception is a tough gig at the moment. I hope that passes, and no doubt the Trust's officers could help itself on that score, but only to a point.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 14:28]

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:19 - Nov 3 with 1535 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:29 - Oct 29 by longlostjack

I reckon I'm a bit like you PP - I overcomplicate things. Sometimes you just have to rely on your gut instinct about what is right or wrong and go for it. If I could be there I would be.

Edit: Just got back from a match - too many pints and misread your Post. Sorry PP.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 19:33]

Hey no probs. My intention was to turn up for the protest regardless. Got a hospital appointment in the morning now and have to rest up afterwards so I am missing the match as well!
Things could be changing since my post though. Looks like the press are wising up to Jenkins. Clem is showing discontent and possibly the Yanks are getting twitchy as well. The protesters may have more friends than they imagined. :-)
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 18:19]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:29 - Nov 3 with 1518 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:19 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

Hey no probs. My intention was to turn up for the protest regardless. Got a hospital appointment in the morning now and have to rest up afterwards so I am missing the match as well!
Things could be changing since my post though. Looks like the press are wising up to Jenkins. Clem is showing discontent and possibly the Yanks are getting twitchy as well. The protesters may have more friends than they imagined. :-)
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 18:19]

Hope you're well my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:37 - Nov 3 with 1506 viewsOldjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:43 - Nov 3 by Meraki

Can't find anything about this on social media? Anyone got any links?

Again ,it's definitely on

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:38 - Nov 3 with 1507 viewsAndy1300

sent friend requests to both of you, I will be there

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:38 - Nov 3 with 1501 viewsJackfath

Are people who aren't on Facebook allowed to go along?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:49 - Nov 3 with 1491 viewsOldjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:38 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

Any swans fan

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 1476 viewslonglostjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:38 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

As long as they don't forget to bring along their rattles.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:09 - Nov 3 with 1472 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:07 - Nov 3 by longlostjack

As long as they don't forget to bring along their rattles.

I'll give you a 👍and a 😊 face for that comment....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:21 - Nov 3 with 1446 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:29 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

Hope you're well my friend.

That very kind JF.
It's a cardio version. Should be out by midday but it's 24 to 48 hrs rest afterwards so no protest or match for me.....until the next one :-)
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 18:22]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:31 - Nov 3 with 1430 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:21 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

That very kind JF.
It's a cardio version. Should be out by midday but it's 24 to 48 hrs rest afterwards so no protest or match for me.....until the next one :-)

Best of luck tomorrow. Some things are more important than a protest or a bunch of millionaires kicking a ball around for an hour and a half.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:38 - Nov 3 with 1414 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:21 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

That very kind JF.

It's not as though you're likely to get excited, PP.

The Liberty is very restful these days...

Take care.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:47 - Nov 3 with 1396 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:38 - Nov 3 by Joe_bradshaw

It's not as though you're likely to get excited, PP.

The Liberty is very restful these days...

Take care.

Haha Thanks. That's what I told I told er indoors but I would be going against medical advice so better play ball.
All the best to the protesters that turn up. Give em Hell!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:48 - Nov 3 with 1394 viewsswansea68

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 15:36 - Oct 29 by SgorioFruit

Well done for organising this protest.
Isn’t 12 o’clock a bit early though?
I mean to achieve maximum coverage?

12 o clock is bloody ridiculous. We haven't even been relegated yet and it's not even 10 games in ? At least wait till the Jan window ends and see where we are. Yes we are all frustrated but his signings last Jan saved us. I think it's just a tad too early in season. And to be honest it's Clement that needs some stick as his tactics are too negative. Also his comment about how ' we will adapt to Brighton ' is crazy if he meant it.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:49 - Nov 3 with 1391 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:39 - Nov 3 by QJumpingJack

Are the organisers of this protest contacting journalists on twitter today/tomorrow morning to make them aware of the protest. It should be done in a constructive manner. And perhaps a hashtag should be agreed.

Tweeted Wathen yesterday to make him aware of the protest but haven't had a reply....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:57 - Nov 3 with 1374 viewsishootpeople

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:48 - Nov 3 by swansea68

12 o clock is bloody ridiculous. We haven't even been relegated yet and it's not even 10 games in ? At least wait till the Jan window ends and see where we are. Yes we are all frustrated but his signings last Jan saved us. I think it's just a tad too early in season. And to be honest it's Clement that needs some stick as his tactics are too negative. Also his comment about how ' we will adapt to Brighton ' is crazy if he meant it.

I think you have completely missed the entire point of the protest - by a country mile.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:59 - Nov 3 with 1361 viewsswansea68

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:57 - Nov 3 by ishootpeople

I think you have completely missed the entire point of the protest - by a country mile.

Wats the protest for ? If swans were mid table and doing well would there still be a protest ?
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:01 - Nov 3 with 1344 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:59 - Nov 3 by swansea68

Wats the protest for ? If swans were mid table and doing well would there still be a protest ?

A valid question as that's what the average fan will no doubt be asking. Now, if only there was someone who had a decent domain name ripe for populating with a set of FAQs so people could see what was what....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024