Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt 15:43 - Nov 24 with 7772 viewsFlashberryjack

Bomb goes off in a Mosque near Cairo in Egypt killing over 230 and seriously injuring hundreds more.

What the f*ck goes through these peoples heads....bast*rds

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 10:12 - Nov 25 with 1122 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 07:31 - Nov 25 by E20Jack

Yep, I am not attributing or linking intelligence (or lack of) to religious people. Religious people can fill the hallways of MENSA. Makes little difference though. It is not a question of academia.

A need to believe in a higher being is the human race's greatest weakness, of that I have little doubt. Thankfully it seems that generation upon generation we are seeing religion become less prominent in the western world, I like to think of it as evolution purging the world of this disease one step at a time.

The post you had just replied to, mate, was written in the small hours after I'd just got back from a works' 'do'. A little while earlier myself and my mates had a brush with the spirit of "this disease" first hand. It was a bitterly cold night, as you know, and we had encountered some people sleeping rough. We could have just walked past without a second glance, but none of us did. Now there were some tough, lairy old boys in that crowd. All of them had money in their pockets, food in their bellies and a good coat on a freezing night but they all stopped out of unprompted concern for people who enjoyed none of these things. Money and fags were pressed into cold hands along with best wishes and genuine sympathy and fellow feeling.

Talking about it in the pub later everybody had the sense they had witnessed something 'good.' It's an easy thing to say but when you really stop and think about it it's not something you come across too often. Something selfless, unalloyed and instinctive. Something clean. Instinct to my mind is more than blind impulse it is enacted inheritance. Actions and reactions are, in large part, governed by the culture you imbibe as a child handed down by the generations that have gone before. For my generation that culture is western, Christian.

Last night was no big deal but it had an effect. People who thought they were invisible, or if seen then perhaps mocked or despised suddenly, and from an unexpected source discovered they were not. if it is evidence of the spirit of Christ moving amongst us you're after it's in the small actions you'll find it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 10:16 - Nov 25 with 1116 viewswhoflungdung

You are the spirit of Evan Roberts and I'm going to burning hell

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 11:09 - Nov 25 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:09 - Nov 24 by londonlisa2001

It's a particularly warped view of Islam that leads you to bomb hundreds praying in a Mosque. During Friday prayers.

Certainly not a view of Islam that any devout Moslem would recognise.

So are the people in charge Atheists then?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 11:23 - Nov 25 with 1073 viewsHighjack

Are we singing the Egyptian national anthem before kick off today ?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 1050 viewsE20Jack

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 10:12 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

The post you had just replied to, mate, was written in the small hours after I'd just got back from a works' 'do'. A little while earlier myself and my mates had a brush with the spirit of "this disease" first hand. It was a bitterly cold night, as you know, and we had encountered some people sleeping rough. We could have just walked past without a second glance, but none of us did. Now there were some tough, lairy old boys in that crowd. All of them had money in their pockets, food in their bellies and a good coat on a freezing night but they all stopped out of unprompted concern for people who enjoyed none of these things. Money and fags were pressed into cold hands along with best wishes and genuine sympathy and fellow feeling.

Talking about it in the pub later everybody had the sense they had witnessed something 'good.' It's an easy thing to say but when you really stop and think about it it's not something you come across too often. Something selfless, unalloyed and instinctive. Something clean. Instinct to my mind is more than blind impulse it is enacted inheritance. Actions and reactions are, in large part, governed by the culture you imbibe as a child handed down by the generations that have gone before. For my generation that culture is western, Christian.

Last night was no big deal but it had an effect. People who thought they were invisible, or if seen then perhaps mocked or despised suddenly, and from an unexpected source discovered they were not. if it is evidence of the spirit of Christ moving amongst us you're after it's in the small actions you'll find it.

But you could belong to any religion (or none) and still be nice. You can also be a Christian and be downright awful, the catholic church is littered with such despicable and evil acts - just to refer to well documented ones. My partner and I are regular contributfors to charities (both human and animal based charities) and neither are religious in the slightest or brought up as such.

I would also make the point that having travelled the world, the nicest most welcoming people are those not from the western world. Asia for example blew my mind with peoples generosity and kindness. None, I would assume, were Christian.

I think it would be a huge mistake in judgement to attribute being humanistic to that being the work of Christians.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 14:34 - Nov 25 with 1001 viewsLeonWasGod

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 10:12 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

By the same token then you need to acknowledge that good deeds done by someone brought up under a different faith is 'evidence' of the spirit of their god moving amongst them. When you undermine another religion you are undermining Christianity as there is no difference in the concept.

I think the whole morality stems from Christianity arguement is fundamentally flawed. It ignores the innate ability for humans to act in ways Christians would call moral. We do this irrespective of where we live, whether they follow a religion or not, which religion they follow, or which religion is prominent in their society.
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 15:03 - Nov 25 with 989 viewsE20Jack

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 14:34 - Nov 25 by LeonWasGod

By the same token then you need to acknowledge that good deeds done by someone brought up under a different faith is 'evidence' of the spirit of their god moving amongst them. When you undermine another religion you are undermining Christianity as there is no difference in the concept.

I think the whole morality stems from Christianity arguement is fundamentally flawed. It ignores the innate ability for humans to act in ways Christians would call moral. We do this irrespective of where we live, whether they follow a religion or not, which religion they follow, or which religion is prominent in their society.

Not to mention the fact he acknowledges that most people would walk past those homeless men this morning - yet they are also among his generation and come from the same western "Christian" country.

So assuming that we all know only a minority are kind to these types of people - suggests that to attribute the behaviour of the "kind" to being from a Christian country goes against the evidence somewhat as so are the people that act "unkindly" which far outnumber the "kind". This suggests far more strongly that each person is different and acts upon his/her own moral compass.

But yes humans have empathy innately. If we burned every single religious text and banned people from talking about it or referring to it in any way shape or form as a social experiement for the next generation of children - they would still know that inflicting pain on others and essentially doing what they would not like to be done to them is wrong - this would be consistant regardless of country, gender, ethnicity or creed.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 15:44 - Nov 26 with 910 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 15:03 - Nov 25 by E20Jack

Not to mention the fact he acknowledges that most people would walk past those homeless men this morning - yet they are also among his generation and come from the same western "Christian" country.

So assuming that we all know only a minority are kind to these types of people - suggests that to attribute the behaviour of the "kind" to being from a Christian country goes against the evidence somewhat as so are the people that act "unkindly" which far outnumber the "kind". This suggests far more strongly that each person is different and acts upon his/her own moral compass.

But yes humans have empathy innately. If we burned every single religious text and banned people from talking about it or referring to it in any way shape or form as a social experiement for the next generation of children - they would still know that inflicting pain on others and essentially doing what they would not like to be done to them is wrong - this would be consistant regardless of country, gender, ethnicity or creed.

"If we burned every single religious text and banned people from talking about it or referring to it in any way shape or form as a social experiment for the next generation of children.."

I wonder where we could have heard that before?

Login to get fewer ads

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 897 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 14:34 - Nov 25 by LeonWasGod

"When you undermine another religion you are undermining Christianity as there is no difference in the concept."

Of course there is. The entire Christian ethos is predicated on 'free will' whereas islam, for example, as has already been pointed out on this thread, translates as 'submission.' The difference is fundamental, profound.

There is more than just semantics that underlie the basic disconnect. Like what? Let's just have one example to serve as a differentiator:

In the Book of John when the Pharisees bring an adulteress before Christ He tells them "he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

In the Sahihs when a pregnant adultress is brought before muhammed he has her stoned to death.

There is all the difference in the world, Leon.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:16 - Nov 26 with 892 viewsDr_Winston

"The entire Christian ethos is predicated on 'free will' whereas islam, for example, as has already been pointed out on this thread, translates as 'submission.'"

I'll remember that next time you go off on one about people's fealty to the Bishop of Rome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:19 - Nov 26 with 888 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:16 - Nov 26 by Dr_Winston

"The entire Christian ethos is predicated on 'free will' whereas islam, for example, as has already been pointed out on this thread, translates as 'submission.'"

I'll remember that next time you go off on one about people's fealty to the Bishop of Rome.

Keep that one in your back pocket, Doc. It may well come in handy somewhere down the line.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 16:22]

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:29 - Nov 26 with 882 viewslondonlisa2001

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:14 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

"When you undermine another religion you are undermining Christianity as there is no difference in the concept."

Of course there is. The entire Christian ethos is predicated on 'free will' whereas islam, for example, as has already been pointed out on this thread, translates as 'submission.' The difference is fundamental, profound.

There is more than just semantics that underlie the basic disconnect. Like what? Let's just have one example to serve as a differentiator:

In the Book of John when the Pharisees bring an adulteress before Christ He tells them "he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

In the Sahihs when a pregnant adultress is brought before muhammed he has her stoned to death.

There is all the difference in the world, Leon.

Really?

Interesting.

So any bits about whether people should or shouldn't have abortions. Who is allowed to get married or end that marriage. Who is allowed to administer the sacrament. Whether priests should be able to get married. Gay people practicing consensual sex. Women in the church. Etc etc. Is all a bunch of nonsense then ? It's more of a 'no rules, anything goes' type thing?

The Church should be told.
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:40 - Nov 26 with 874 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:29 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

Really?

Interesting.

So any bits about whether people should or shouldn't have abortions. Who is allowed to get married or end that marriage. Who is allowed to administer the sacrament. Whether priests should be able to get married. Gay people practicing consensual sex. Women in the church. Etc etc. Is all a bunch of nonsense then ? It's more of a 'no rules, anything goes' type thing?

I don’t need much of an excuse to post this.

Poll: Tory leader

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 864 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:29 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

Really?

Interesting.

I believe 'they' have been. I'm no Romanist, love.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:57 - Nov 26 with 852 viewslondonlisa2001

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:40 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

A great scene that one.

Amongst hundreds.

They should do another p*ss take one about Trump's White House. It'd be hilarious.
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:03 - Nov 26 with 839 viewslondonlisa2001

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:50 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

I believe 'they' have been. I'm no Romanist, love.

I know you're not. But large sections of the Anglican Church think pretty much the same thing (less so about abortion perhaps).

You will note that when, this week, Harry gets engaged, the reason that they will have what the tabloids are describing as a 'non traditional' wedding, is because she will not be able to marry in the Abbey. You will also note the continuing conversations about the church and homosexuality.

Hardly the actions of the very model of free will you describe.

Ironically, the Christian Church at large remains exceptionally rule driven when compared, as an example, to Reform Judaism.
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:05 - Nov 26 with 834 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 16:40 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

In real life Martin Sheen is a practicing Catholic, Clase. You realise he has was just doing his day job ham acting in the world of make believe in that clip, don't you? That woman's not really a D.Litt. and she wasn't having a fiery dressing down from a real Liberal President. They don't exist.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:06 - Nov 26 with 830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:05 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

In real life Martin Sheen is a practicing Catholic, Clase. You realise he has was just doing his day job ham acting in the world of make believe in that clip, don't you? That woman's not really a D.Litt. and she wasn't having a fiery dressing down from a real Liberal President. They don't exist.

You mean it’s not a fly on the wall documentary? Well colour me shocked.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:15 - Nov 26 with 817 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:06 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

You mean it’s not a fly on the wall documentary? Well colour me shocked.

You're doing it again! Stop talking like a thirteen-year-old black girl from Oakland! I find it too unsettling, I keep getting this mental image of you skipping in a Malcolm McLaren video. I keep hearing aroo-ba-ba playing in my head.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:18 - Nov 26 with 813 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:15 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

You're doing it again! Stop talking like a thirteen-year-old black girl from Oakland! I find it too unsettling, I keep getting this mental image of you skipping in a Malcolm McLaren video. I keep hearing aroo-ba-ba playing in my head.

Yo momma.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:20 - Nov 26 with 811 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:03 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

I know you're not. But large sections of the Anglican Church think pretty much the same thing (less so about abortion perhaps).

You will note that when, this week, Harry gets engaged, the reason that they will have what the tabloids are describing as a 'non traditional' wedding, is because she will not be able to marry in the Abbey. You will also note the continuing conversations about the church and homosexuality.

Ironically, the Christian Church at large remains exceptionally rule driven when compared, as an example, to Reform Judaism.

I'm just off to work, love. I will discuss all the points you raise at the canteen synod later and report back tomorrow with the findings.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:21 - Nov 26 with 808 viewsLohengrin

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:18 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Yo momma.

Word.

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:30 - Nov 26 with 801 viewssnork44

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:03 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

How the world has changed,Lisa, you mentioned Prince Harry may get engaged to a female American divorcee, his great Uncle was forced to abdicate for wanting to do the same thing with Wallis Simpson. Thank God he did as Edward was a Nazi loving piece of shit, but coming backing on tack it shows how the Church of England has changed for the better, to be more tolerant now.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 794 viewslondonlisa2001

Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 17:30 - Nov 26 by snork44

How the world has changed,Lisa, you mentioned Prince Harry may get engaged to a female American divorcee, his great Uncle was forced to abdicate for wanting to do the same thing with Wallis Simpson. Thank God he did as Edward was a Nazi loving piece of shit, but coming backing on tack it shows how the Church of England has changed for the better, to be more tolerant now.

I think it shows more that the Church of England is routinely ignored these days.

And if I'm cynical it's because his Great Uncle David was heir, whereas he is a fair bit down the line now.

I suspect that he may have been 'influenced' somewhat more strongly if his big brother hadn't already had two children with another on the way.
Bomb kills hundreds in Mosque in Egypt on 18:19 - Nov 26 with 771 viewstrampie

The Welsh effectively broke away from the Church of England, pity that Wales doesn't break other ties with England also, royalty wise and politically wise.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024