Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust members’ forum tonight. 20:00 - Dec 14 with 31135 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chairman’s opening remarks reproduced below.

Prior to the start of tonight’s Forum. Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swans Trust Board announced that current Trust Vice Chairman, Alan Lewis will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Alan will also take on the position of Associate Director of the Club previously held by Will Morris.

Alan Lewis then addressed the Members Forum

Tonight’s Forum is as much an opportunity for members to ask questions as it is for us as a Trust Board to update you on recent events. We will open up the floor for questions after providing the update but first I thought it would be helpful to introduce you to those members of the Trust Board who have been able to join us tonight. It is particularly pleasing to welcome some of the new co-opted members who joined the Board earlier this week. There has been criticism that all the Trust Board are not known to members and one of the things we will be implementing shortly is to update the ‘Meet the Trust Board’area of the website with a short profile on each Board Members and a photo.

Just to go back over the events of the last few months; a period which has been something of a turbulent one both for the Trust off the field and the team on the pitch.

We have to start back in the Summer when members who voted in our consultation exercise provided a clear mandate to the Trust Board to pursue the sale of some shares to the majority shareholders on the terms outlined in the consultation pack which was sent to all members. We have to remember that this was the most comprehensive consultation exercise ever carried out by this organisation and yes there was a clear recommendation from the Trust Board but equally the alternative options were comprehensively covered in the documentation sent out to members.

Discussions then started with the majority shareholders legal team on drawing up the detailed paperwork to formalise the whole deal into a share purchase agreement. Progress was initially slow and it was not until October that questions emerged around some of the detailed aspects of the deal. There were a number of clarifications which were required around the wording of various clauses in the draft agreement we were considering. These clauses were still under discussion however and the main focus at that point was around the financial features of the deal. Whilst the gross figures quoted in the consultation exercise were confirmed, details emerged of a payment structure which, whilst in line with that payable to the previous shareholders in 2016, contained further detail which we had been unaware of. The payment structure was not therefore consistent with the figures featured in the consultation documents.

Questions around the payment structure were raised with the majority shareholders who pointed out that it was in line with the original deal with the previous shareholders. The debate around how we should then move forward led to a difference of views amongst the Trust Board with the majority view being that discussions should continue but always on the understanding that if terms could not be brought back in line with the consultation exercise we would go back to our members. Phil Sumbler felt at that point that in view of the information that had already been communicated to our members, he could not lead the Trust down that path. In his view the working relationship with the Majority Shareholders had broken down. Matt Griffiths also resigned for similar reasons.

Whilst disappointed to lose Phil and Matt the rest of the Trust Board agreed that the discussions between the legal teams should continue. As highlighted in our statement to members of 24 November there has been positive progress, with the majority owners being receptive in helping to find an amenable solution to allow the deal to move forward. The concerns around the financial aspects of the deal have been resolved and the payments are now fully in line with the detail provided to members in our consultation documentation

Discussions on the wording of various clauses comprising the proposed Share Holders Agreement have continued between the Legal Teams. One area of discussion has been around the original proposal, contained in the consultation papers, to consider providing 20% of the proceeds of the sale for stadium improvement/expansion. The important element, being set into the agreement is that any decision will be taken by members once detailed proposals have been made available. Other ways in which the proceeds from this sale can be used are governed to some extent by our rules and supporting legislation and this also needs to be covered. Other areas of discussion have been around the ability of the Trust Board as shareholders, to raise concerns around the actions of other shareholders etc. The Trust Board is conscious of its role as a shareholder and Director in the Football Club and its obligations around confidentiality and collective responsibility. At the same time it needs to reserve the right to voice the concerns of its members in an appropriate manner and we want to ensure that is clear in any agreement.

As a Trust Board we would have liked to have had this finalised by now but we have always acknowledged the need to ensure that the final product is in line with the detail provided to members in the Summer. Despite some of the queries that have arisen during this negotiation period, we now feel that we are close to finalising an agreement which will be fully in line with the detail provided in the members consultation documents. We are not quite there yet however and the commitment remains that if the final paperwork does not reflect the detail in the consultation documents then we will consult further with members.

We have another topic of general interest which we would like to update you on but perhaps before I mention that we can pause at this point and open up the floor for questions around what has been said so far.

School’s Enterprise Challenge

For some time now the Swans Trust board has been looking at ways to engage with the younger generation of Swans fans so that they are aware of its origins, purpose and ongoing work. Trust Board Members have been working with the Welsh Joint Examining Committee (WJEC) to develop an optional Enterprise Challenge as part of the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification for 14-16 year olds. That qualification is a compulsory part of the curriculum for pupils of that age and the Trust’s Challenge would be an option within that. The WJEC have recently approved the Challenge, meaning that youngsters will in the future have the opportunity to come into contact and work with the Trust as part of their everyday studies. Hopefully this will lead to some of them having a greater ongoing involvement in the years to come.

The task now facing the board is to gradually roll out the challenge to schools in order to give pupils the opportunity to participate.

If any member would like further information about the Enterprise Challenge they can contact info@swanstrust.co.uk

Please mark the email for the attention of Sian Davies (Schools in Neath Port Talbot and to the East) or Roger Goodwin (Schools in Swansea and to the West)

Poll: Tory leader

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 22:57 - Dec 14 with 2289 viewsSwanseajill

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 22:47 - Dec 14 by Garyjack

No i wasn't Lor. I was told this by Nigel himself on the SCSA group. Hope everything is ok with the family.

Sort of, my brother (still not renewing his Arsenal ST) was playing bowls and someone had forgot the milk for half time teas.
He said he would get a pint at his flat which is 50 yards away, changed his shoes and after getting the milk he slipped on ice and broke his hip.
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:02 - Dec 14 with 2256 viewsGaryjack

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 22:57 - Dec 14 by Swanseajill

Sort of, my brother (still not renewing his Arsenal ST) was playing bowls and someone had forgot the milk for half time teas.
He said he would get a pint at his flat which is 50 yards away, changed his shoes and after getting the milk he slipped on ice and broke his hip.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that Lor.
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:09 - Dec 14 with 2218 viewsbonymine

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 22:57 - Dec 14 by Swanseajill

That’s uncanny Lorr my Dad recently broke his ankle after carrying 4 pints of milk to a neighbour !!

He fell on his driveway and only just come out of plaster but fine now 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:15 - Dec 14 with 2205 viewsATFV

Just a few comments...

There were about 60 members present at the meeting tonight. Many of them shared my disquiet over the deal going through as we don’t trust the Americans, we are uneasy that Phil Sumbler felt things had changed enough to make his position untenable if negotiations continued and our desperate League position makes the original deal struck look a lot less appetising.

Alas the collective Trust Board do not share these views and some acted very petulantly that Members even dared question proceedings. After much heated debate one Trust Board member did indeed deliver a speech in which he decried the criticism by the ungrateful wretches in the room, and did indeed make the accusation that the “tail was attempting to wag the dog”.

I took this badly...and after delivering a few solid “how dare yous” I pointed out that he and the others were bloody well elected by the people in that room. I also pointed out that I wasn’t there to criticise him, for his existence has never even registered with me, I was there to fight for the future of my football club.

I think the penny dropped later on. Maybe someone reminded a few Board Members of impending elections? I also hope that all there will really think about the reaction in the room tonight because the mood of the membership should always be in their thoughts.

That’s as much as I can post right now as I’m too worked up to outline any more!
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:17 - Dec 14 with 2185 viewsNeathJack

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:15 - Dec 14 by ATFV

Just a few comments...

There were about 60 members present at the meeting tonight. Many of them shared my disquiet over the deal going through as we don’t trust the Americans, we are uneasy that Phil Sumbler felt things had changed enough to make his position untenable if negotiations continued and our desperate League position makes the original deal struck look a lot less appetising.

Alas the collective Trust Board do not share these views and some acted very petulantly that Members even dared question proceedings. After much heated debate one Trust Board member did indeed deliver a speech in which he decried the criticism by the ungrateful wretches in the room, and did indeed make the accusation that the “tail was attempting to wag the dog”.

I took this badly...and after delivering a few solid “how dare yous” I pointed out that he and the others were bloody well elected by the people in that room. I also pointed out that I wasn’t there to criticise him, for his existence has never even registered with me, I was there to fight for the future of my football club.

I think the penny dropped later on. Maybe someone reminded a few Board Members of impending elections? I also hope that all there will really think about the reaction in the room tonight because the mood of the membership should always be in their thoughts.

That’s as much as I can post right now as I’m too worked up to outline any more!

You sir, make me Proud to be a Swan.
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:25 - Dec 14 with 2146 viewsjasfan

Just a few comments...

Your strength of feeling about the situation certainly came across. The tail wagging the dog comment was one of those moments when you wonder "Did the guy really say and mean that?".
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:32 - Dec 14 with 2116 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:25 - Dec 14 by jasfan

Your strength of feeling about the situation certainly came across. The tail wagging the dog comment was one of those moments when you wonder "Did the guy really say and mean that?".

Even the new Chairman realised this guy was like a turkey climbing into the oven voluntarily at Christmas with elections right around the corner! Not a smart idea to insult your electorate...
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:36 - Dec 14 with 2101 viewsjasfan

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 22:56 - Dec 14 by londonlisa2001

Just for information. I wasn't there tonight. Unfortunately due to the short notice i couldn't rearrange my diary.

I did see the statement in advance and wrote a lengthy reply before the meeting started.

I hope that nothing of note will progress on this until the board meeting in January and have made my views quite clear.

They were asked whether new members of the Trust Board and Affiliate had had a chance to express their views on the current situation and share sale, as they had expertise in this area. If so, could they share them with the audience. Something was mumbled but that there was nothing to report at this time.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:37 - Dec 14 with 2095 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:32 - Dec 14 by ATFV

Even the new Chairman realised this guy was like a turkey climbing into the oven voluntarily at Christmas with elections right around the corner! Not a smart idea to insult your electorate...

It is clear he has no idea that his brief is to serve the membership of the Trust.

He obviously thinks the great unwashed should hang on his every thought and deed.

He’d make an excellent MP.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:42 - Dec 14 with 2077 viewsBobby_Fischer

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:32 - Dec 14 by ATFV

Genuinely can't believe he said that, actually I can.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:46 - Dec 14 with 2052 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:37 - Dec 14 by Joe_bradshaw

It is clear he has no idea that his brief is to serve the membership of the Trust.

He obviously thinks the great unwashed should hang on his every thought and deed.

He’d make an excellent MP.

And just to add to the WTF Factor about this outburst, it was the first time I have ever heard this Board Member say a word at a Fans Forum!
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 01:37 - Dec 15 with 1946 viewsswanseajack4eva

Thanks for the insights on what happened tonight. Frustrating to not be able to be present myself in the room.

Were any of the new Trust board members present tonight?

Andrew Cude — he said no
Andrew McGlashan — he said no
William O’Kelly — ?
Rhys Thomas — ?
Lisa Clement — she said no

To be clear, this is not a criticism of new board members at all. New board members were asked to join a board meeting on Tuesday just a couple of days after being co-opted, and then asked to join a "show and tell" tonight, without I suspect time to properly be briefed on and understand the proposed share sale agreement.

It appears that the old board members are doing their best to ram through the share sale with minimal discussion, even within the new board members.

Given all that has materialised since the summer, proceeding with the share sale at speed and without proper consideration/input from the new board members should not happen.

Why are the old board members (or the ones that dominate decision-making) behaving this way? Are they incompetent to understand the implications of the share sale and stubbornly sticking to an earlier position? Are they frightened to take legal action? Do they fear losing their "respected position" on the Swans Trust? Bullied by Huw Jenkins? Have some vested interest in the share sale happening?
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 01:37 - Dec 15 with 1943 viewsE20Jack

This is what this supporters sub group should be focussing on now. NOTHING else.

Calling a meeting and ousting these people who are refusing to go back to the electorate even after the picture has changed. Time is clearly running out as they are rushing this through for reasons only they know. Failing that then at a bare minimum simply forcing a further consultation vote with the members. There is something VERY fishy about all this and questions obviously being ignored and glossed over when trying to find out ehat exactly it is.

We then have very capable people who have recently been added to the Trust and we can replace the agenda mob with some more excellent new blood and we can move on as a powerful fans group.

I will say once more. Once this deal is signed, it is effectively over for us as far as any supporter involvement in this club for possibly many peoples lifetimes.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 04:23 - Dec 15 with 1851 viewsjacktheripper

Just a few comments...

Who was the board member?
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 06:16 - Dec 15 with 1820 viewsWhiterockin

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:25 - Dec 14 by jasfan

Really is time to call in the vet and have the dog put down.
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 06:58 - Dec 15 with 1781 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 01:37 - Dec 15 by swanseajack4eva

Thanks for the insights on what happened tonight. Frustrating to not be able to be present myself in the room.

Were any of the new Trust board members present tonight?

Andrew Cude — he said no
Andrew McGlashan — he said no
William O’Kelly — ?
Rhys Thomas — ?
Lisa Clement — she said no

To be clear, this is not a criticism of new board members at all. New board members were asked to join a board meeting on Tuesday just a couple of days after being co-opted, and then asked to join a "show and tell" tonight, without I suspect time to properly be briefed on and understand the proposed share sale agreement.

It appears that the old board members are doing their best to ram through the share sale with minimal discussion, even within the new board members.

Given all that has materialised since the summer, proceeding with the share sale at speed and without proper consideration/input from the new board members should not happen.

Why are the old board members (or the ones that dominate decision-making) behaving this way? Are they incompetent to understand the implications of the share sale and stubbornly sticking to an earlier position? Are they frightened to take legal action? Do they fear losing their "respected position" on the Swans Trust? Bullied by Huw Jenkins? Have some vested interest in the share sale happening?

WIlliam and Rhys were both there 👍🏼
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:00 - Dec 15 with 1774 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 04:23 - Dec 15 by jacktheripper

Who was the board member?

Viv Williams...
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:17 - Dec 15 with 1753 viewsjacktheripper

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:00 - Dec 15 by ATFV

Viv Williams...

Thanks for that. One less on my xmas card list!
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:24 - Dec 15 with 1744 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:17 - Dec 15 by jacktheripper

Thanks for that. One less on my xmas card list!

One less on the Trust Board too, come election time!
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:28 - Dec 15 with 1740 viewsDewi1jack

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 23:46 - Dec 14 by ATFV

And just to add to the WTF Factor about this outburst, it was the first time I have ever heard this Board Member say a word at a Fans Forum!

Hopefully if he's up for election- or a vote of no confidence for that remark in the first place, he's voted off.

A very ignorant and massively arrogant remark to make and not someone I as a member want on the Trust board at all.
Or in fact anywhere near OUR club.
Even if he can speak Martian and was a Swans supporter back when his great, great grandad was born.

Guessing it's some no-mark c**t like him that has decided to ignore the letters and EMails that I know have been sent, requesting EGMs or votes of no confidence.
It does appear that the Trust is now manned (not including our new people on it) by people determined to push through the sale to the detriment of our lovely, ugly club. To run and give the share sale cash back to their lovers Jase and Stevie boy.

One quick question.
Can all members attend the AGM, as per other companies?
And when is it?
Should definitely be on a Saturday or a Sunday, to allow nearly everyone a chance to travel to it and attend.
Or even about 8ish on a Friday

Not really taken a lot of notice in the past, as I find it very awkward to get cover for 1/2 days that I'd need to be away from work for.
That and stupidly right up to the sale I believed in "Beaky we trust" and thought he wouldn't tuck his supposed friends up.

Now it appears the Trust board are in his and the other sellout scums back pocket as well.

I'm fukin fed up and angry that people are trying their hardest to ensure there is no club for my great grandkids (when they get born- I'm not that old yet!) and their kids to enjoy/ become an emotional wreck over like we all have.

Although quite a lot since the 70's hasn't been enjoyable, I've met some great ladies and gents at home and away. Thanks one and all
Some of whom are sadly missing from our numbers now. Gone but never forgotten.
We have to fight as much for them as for us/ our children/ great grandchildren.

Sorry for the rant

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:31 - Dec 15 with 1732 viewsATFV

I want to raise another point from last night that I put to the panel...

I kept saying that the Americans can’t be trusted and the Trust Board kept refuting it. I pointed out they toss the Trust a morsel now and again but on the big things they exclude and do anyway - like the Vice Presidents thing. So I then pointed out that our only leverage is the threat of legal action and once that deal goes through and legal is off the table, the Americans will have the power to act with total impunity and will laugh in our faces.

The defence was that they could do that now anyway with 75% voting rights...which kind of makes you wonder what the point is of fighting so hard to keep a Boardroom presence!

The threat of legal action is the only thing tempering the owners’ actions and when it is removed I genuinely fear for us.
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:57 - Dec 15 with 1688 viewsVetchfielder

I don't suppose we'll get minutes of the meeting, so this is my account of last night's meeting:

Announced that Alan Lewis has taken over as Chairman. All Trust Board Members asked to stand up and show their faces, including 2 newly elected Rhys and William. Alan then read out the statement that's in the OP.

Started off with a great speech from Nige regarding why we should reject the deal that's now back on the table and go for a 2nd vote. I think about 3 of us supported this and some more questions. Lots of responses mainly from Stuart and Alan. I twice requested that the Chair call for a show of hands as to whether the people at the meeting supported this view but that was refused because "it had no validity".

Lots of vociferous anti-Jenkins and anti-Owner sentiments by almost all those that spoke.

There was also one particularly articulate speech from one guy having a real go at HJ and then , around the share deal, suggesting a final "endorsement vote" by members at a meeting. This was rejected by the Chair.

There was a very good case placed for a second vote placed by a lady at the back, partly around the bias of the recommendation statements around the first vote (I'm guessing this was Chad?).

A few more points raised by members and lots of talk about having a mandate from members around the original offer and that they were now back on track to deliver that with a probable sign-off in January 2018. Ron in particular promoting the Trust Board's actions in getting to this point.

We than had Viv Williams complaining that the members shouldn't be so critical of the Board's activities. Wide outbursts from the ordinary members at his and superbly put in his place in no uncertain terms by Nige. The Chairman also acknowledged that the questions and points raised by the meeting should not be considered criticism by Board Members.

I don't remember any "ordinary" members speaking on behalf of carrying on negotiating on the share deal, only from people against it, but my own impression from the amount of clapping and "hear, hears" was that the general view was not in favour of a second vote. We didn't get a show of hands so can't be sure about this - it would be interesting to hear others' views on this.

A good question as to what the views of the newly appointed Board Members was on the sale. I think Alan said he didn't know what their views were. There were then more points made around Phil and Matt's views and also Lisa's opposition to it.

In relation to the sale conditions, I asked whether it would be possible for the American shareholder company could be sold to another American company for $1, us getting dragged along and receiving almost nothing for our remaining shareholding. Stuart said that the legal terms would be written such that this would not be possible and that a fair and reasonable price would have to be paid by a prospective purchaser.

At the end there was a point made by a member around HJ's position and whether we could push for him to be removed and that this was the view of ordinary members. There was a definite anti-Jenkins feeling at the point and a lot more reaction from members. Basically this was rejected by Stuart - I can't remember how he worded it.

There was then a request from NIge to look into the sudden reduction in takings from the Flyer in the Man City game and Alan agreed to enquire about this.

That was probably a bit biased but that's my account; I have to admit to have been completely demoralised by that meeting and was in a bit of a daze driving home.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 8:15]

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 08:11 - Dec 15 with 1660 viewslonglostjack

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:24 - Dec 15 by ATFV

One less on the Trust Board too, come election time!

Indeed. I'll remember that name.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 08:13 - Dec 15 with 1655 viewsATFV

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 07:57 - Dec 15 by Vetchfielder

I don't suppose we'll get minutes of the meeting, so this is my account of last night's meeting:

Announced that Alan Lewis has taken over as Chairman. All Trust Board Members asked to stand up and show their faces, including 2 newly elected Rhys and William. Alan then read out the statement that's in the OP.

Started off with a great speech from Nige regarding why we should reject the deal that's now back on the table and go for a 2nd vote. I think about 3 of us supported this and some more questions. Lots of responses mainly from Stuart and Alan. I twice requested that the Chair call for a show of hands as to whether the people at the meeting supported this view but that was refused because "it had no validity".

Lots of vociferous anti-Jenkins and anti-Owner sentiments by almost all those that spoke.

There was also one particularly articulate speech from one guy having a real go at HJ and then , around the share deal, suggesting a final "endorsement vote" by members at a meeting. This was rejected by the Chair.

There was a very good case placed for a second vote placed by a lady at the back, partly around the bias of the recommendation statements around the first vote (I'm guessing this was Chad?).

A few more points raised by members and lots of talk about having a mandate from members around the original offer and that they were now back on track to deliver that with a probable sign-off in January 2018. Ron in particular promoting the Trust Board's actions in getting to this point.

We than had Viv Williams complaining that the members shouldn't be so critical of the Board's activities. Wide outbursts from the ordinary members at his and superbly put in his place in no uncertain terms by Nige. The Chairman also acknowledged that the questions and points raised by the meeting should not be considered criticism by Board Members.

I don't remember any "ordinary" members speaking on behalf of carrying on negotiating on the share deal, only from people against it, but my own impression from the amount of clapping and "hear, hears" was that the general view was not in favour of a second vote. We didn't get a show of hands so can't be sure about this - it would be interesting to hear others' views on this.

A good question as to what the views of the newly appointed Board Members was on the sale. I think Alan said he didn't know what their views were. There were then more points made around Phil and Matt's views and also Lisa's opposition to it.

In relation to the sale conditions, I asked whether it would be possible for the American shareholder company could be sold to another American company for $1, us getting dragged along and receiving almost nothing for our remaining shareholding. Stuart said that the legal terms would be written such that this would not be possible and that a fair and reasonable price would have to be paid by a prospective purchaser.

At the end there was a point made by a member around HJ's position and whether we could push for him to be removed and that this was the view of ordinary members. There was a definite anti-Jenkins feeling at the point and a lot more reaction from members. Basically this was rejected by Stuart - I can't remember how he worded it.

There was then a request from NIge to look into the sudden reduction in takings from the Flyer in the Man City game and Alan agreed to enquire about this.

That was probably a bit biased but that's my account; I have to admit to have been completely demoralised by that meeting and was in a bit of a daze driving home.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 8:15]

That’s a fair summing up of events, dude. But I’ll add one thing: the Viv Williams outburst came just after an animated discussion on Leigh Dineen’s continued presence at the club and on the payroll.

It was confirmed he’s sold his shares and is now being employed as a “consultant”. I queried this as the Americans whole USP was they could fix a failing, underperforming commercial operation that was run by Dineen.

The panel responded by saying a lot of new commercial staff had been employed and Dineen was required to provide expertise and advice such as providing his contacts - I immediately replied by asking if Dineen was supplying contact names one letter at a time as it’s over a year since the takeover!

It was at this point that Viv Williams’ head went and he revealed the contempt that us ordinary members are held in for having an opinion....
Trust members’ forum tonight. on 08:21 - Dec 15 with 1644 viewsVetchfielder

Trust members’ forum tonight. on 08:13 - Dec 15 by ATFV

That’s a fair summing up of events, dude. But I’ll add one thing: the Viv Williams outburst came just after an animated discussion on Leigh Dineen’s continued presence at the club and on the payroll.

It was confirmed he’s sold his shares and is now being employed as a “consultant”. I queried this as the Americans whole USP was they could fix a failing, underperforming commercial operation that was run by Dineen.

The panel responded by saying a lot of new commercial staff had been employed and Dineen was required to provide expertise and advice such as providing his contacts - I immediately replied by asking if Dineen was supplying contact names one letter at a time as it’s over a year since the takeover!

It was at this point that Viv Williams’ head went and he revealed the contempt that us ordinary members are held in for having an opinion....

Ah yes, good "insert"

Proud to have been one of the 231

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024