Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From The Trust 09:59 - Jan 6 with 27666 viewsPhil_S

News from the Trust

Discussions on sale of Trust shares put on hold.
Dear Phil

We have been advised by the majority owners of Swansea City that they intend to put discussions around the sale of some of the Trust's shares to the owners of the club on hold. When informing us of this, the owners of the club cited the ongoing concerns among some Trust and Trust Board members about aspects of the share sale and also the majority owners own desire to concentrate on on-field matters.

As the mandate from Trust members to sell shares was given in July 2017 and there will now be a further delay in fulfilling that mandate, the Trust Board can confirm that a further members’ consultation will take place to ensure the Trust Board is acting on the current views of its membership on how we proceed from this point.

We will provide a further update to members as soon as possible.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team
From The Trust on 10:10 - Jan 7 with 2011 viewswhoflungdung

What s brought this on wobbly .

You seem to defending the indefensible .

Just as well I didn't impugn the legal profession

How many of the general fan base are aware of just what drag rights are .

We don't need detailed ,arcane scripts but simple prose iteming exactly wtf is going on

What s your job ?

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

From The Trust on 10:11 - Jan 7 with 2010 viewsShaky

From The Trust on 10:10 - Jan 7 by whoflungdung

We don't need detailed ,arcane scripts but simple prose iteming exactly wtf is going on

What s your job ?

Fcuk off you cretin and stop polluting this thread.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

From The Trust on 10:14 - Jan 7 with 1998 viewswobbly

From The Trust on 10:10 - Jan 7 by whoflungdung

What s your job ?

You started it!
From The Trust on 10:15 - Jan 7 with 1998 viewsShaky

From The Trust on 10:09 - Jan 7 by MattG

Not an accountant but isn't that, to some extent at least, dealt with by the Yanks offering (until yesterday, at least) to buy from the Trust at the same price as the original sale?

I'm not an accountant either, but yes, it is partialy.

And of course had the Trust gone ahead with the old offer they would have waived the right to relitigate the matter at any point in the future.

But as things stand the initial wrong remains unremedied and therefore fully actionable.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 10:16]

Misology -- It's a bitch

From The Trust on 10:16 - Jan 7 with 1988 viewswhoflungdung

And fkuck you too you pitiful cretin.

We are not all in awe of your knowledge

If you're that smart and great a fan then why are you not in office at the club steering us through these troubled waters.

Do what I suggest or feck off yourself

From The Trust on 10:20 - Jan 7 with 1965 viewswobbly

From The Trust on 10:16 - Jan 7 by whoflungdung

And fkuck you too you pitiful cretin.

We are not all in awe of your knowledge

If you're that smart and great a fan then why are you not in office at the club steering us through these troubled waters.

Do what I suggest or feck off yourself

Snigger.

No wonder Darran finds it so easy to get a rise out of you. That took no time at all.
From The Trust on 10:21 - Jan 7 with 1955 viewsShaky

Think I have to take the credit there, Wobbs

Misology -- It's a bitch

From The Trust on 10:44 - Jan 7 with 1899 viewswhoflungdung

Darren eh

Login to get fewer ads

From The Trust on 10:44 - Jan 7 with 1900 viewswobbly

From The Trust on 10:21 - Jan 7 by Shaky

Think I have to take the credit there, Wobbs

Shucks. You might be right...
From The Trust on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 1897 viewsthornabyswan

From The Trust on 09:52 - Jan 7 by Shaky

WTF does that mean?

It means to the layman your explanation made very little sense.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

From The Trust on 10:49 - Jan 7 with 1891 viewswhoflungdung

Back on topic .Lets have a simple resume of just what has and is going on because I d suggest the vast majority are utterly ignorant of the shenanigans going on ,so off you go Shaky ,me ol mucker, make it simple ...

From The Trust on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 1825 viewsShaky

From The Trust on 10:47 - Jan 7 by thornabyswan

It means to the layman your explanation made very little sense.

Thanks.

And apologies to Phil. I found the thread I mentioned earlier.

See:

Build Bridges with Americans/Sell Outs or Respectfully Proceed with Legal Action by TheResurrection 21 Feb 2017 14:50
Lets get an idea from us fans in general as to the last 6 months or so. A 6 months that's seen us bought out by the Americans in a deal where the old owners sold their souls and us down the river.

We all know they did their best to keep the Trust away from discussions and tried wilfully to get the Trust to sign a legal document stating the old regime's Shareholders Agreement practically meant nothing.

Since then the Trust have parted company with their Supporters Director and Vice Chairman and have been threatening legal action throughout the whole time, also stating on many an occasion that "this can't go on much longer"

As we are now aware from recent statements the Trust feel they are "building bridges" and getting somewhere with the new regime. Do we think this is the right course of action and to trust the new American owners and the remaining old Directors, bearing in mind all that's gone on?

What do the fans think?

[poll_1654]

This might give you some more answers, starting half way down the page

Misology -- It's a bitch

From The Trust on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 1776 viewsmonmouth

From The Trust on 10:09 - Jan 7 by MattG

Not an accountant but isn't that, to some extent at least, dealt with by the Yanks offering (until yesterday, at least) to buy from the Trust at the same price as the original sale?

Did they offer to buy all the shares at the same price? I must have missed that.

Or was it a proportion only, based on conditional criteria. Anyway, water under the bridge now, the offer was unilaterally withdrawn.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

From The Trust on 12:01 - Jan 7 with 1749 viewsJoe_bradshaw

From The Trust on 11:43 - Jan 7 by monmouth

Did they offer to buy all the shares at the same price? I must have missed that.

Or was it a proportion only, based on conditional criteria. Anyway, water under the bridge now, the offer was unilaterally withdrawn.

Yeah, but unlike the others, the Trust isn’t being asked to sign away the voting rights of the shares it doesn’t sell.

Preferable terms to the other shareholders apparently.

What’s not to like?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

From The Trust on 12:09 - Jan 7 with 1739 viewsQJumpingJack

It was easier to do a deal with Tony Petty than this lot.
From The Trust on 12:19 - Jan 7 with 1712 viewsthornabyswan

From The Trust on 12:09 - Jan 7 by QJumpingJack

It was easier to do a deal with Tony Petty than this lot.

They will be gone soon enough I think.
My gut feeling is they are passing it onto the next set
of owners.
Could be wishful thinking.
But it seems very odd why they are prepared to gamble on a court case.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

From The Trust on 12:22 - Jan 7 with 1705 viewsNookiejack

From The Trust on 01:12 - Jan 7 by wobbly

I think this is a bit naive. Which particular warranty do you think the yanks are going to rely on? The sellers sold shares that they had a right to sell.

The question is why does Huw Jenkins get is lawyer just before the sale to ask the Trust to sign off that there was no Original Shareholders Agreement?

Answer because the Selling Shareholders have given a warranty to the Yanks that there was not one.

If no issue then why does HJ’s lawyer ask for one.

Shaky has previously said he thinks it is a belt and braces approach - that’s what a good lawyer would do.

Believe who you will. Someone might have passed Shaky the documents and he is a lawyer - so maybe that is why he is so confident that the Yanks could not rely on the warranties. If Shaky hasn’t seen the documents then his view is as good as anyones?

Moscow is now saying that Trust will run out of money taking this to court - so someone is uncomfortable on how this could go if it does go to court. Not sure if Moscow is speaking on behalf of the Trust (as there does seem to be concerns here about the cost) or for MM.
From The Trust on 12:22 - Jan 7 with 1703 viewsQJumpingJack

Agree.
The Americans will be out soon.
Probably wait until the next TV deal is announced next Feb and then sell onto someone else.

If the Trust attempt to take them to court, they will have long gone.
From The Trust on 12:50 - Jan 7 with 1662 viewsNookiejack

From The Trust on 12:22 - Jan 7 by QJumpingJack

Agree.
The Americans will be out soon.
Probably wait until the next TV deal is announced next Feb and then sell onto someone else.

If the Trust attempt to take them to court, they will have long gone.

I think it would be difficult of them to sell - if litigation was underway.
From The Trust on 12:55 - Jan 7 with 1651 viewsmonmouth

Even more difficult to sell, as we are not going to be party to the next TV deal.

As a championship shitclub, if they manage to sell us, it could only be to a more rapacious asset stripper, if there are any assets to strip.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

From The Trust on 12:57 - Jan 7 with 1644 viewsthornabyswan

From The Trust on 12:55 - Jan 7 by monmouth

Even more difficult to sell, as we are not going to be party to the next TV deal.

As a championship shitclub, if they manage to sell us, it could only be to a more rapacious asset stripper, if there are any assets to strip.

Fukcing h ell I was just starting to feel slightly upbeat then as well.

From The Trust on 13:01 - Jan 7 with 1627 viewsexiledclaseboy

From The Trust on 12:57 - Jan 7 by thornabyswan

Fukcing h ell I was just starting to feel slightly upbeat then as well.

Monny will do that to you. He’s not one for holding back.

Poll: Tory leader

From The Trust on 13:09 - Jan 7 with 1600 viewswobbly

From The Trust on 12:22 - Jan 7 by Nookiejack

The question is why does Huw Jenkins get is lawyer just before the sale to ask the Trust to sign off that there was no Original Shareholders Agreement?

Answer because the Selling Shareholders have given a warranty to the Yanks that there was not one.

If no issue then why does HJ’s lawyer ask for one.

Shaky has previously said he thinks it is a belt and braces approach - that’s what a good lawyer would do.

Believe who you will. Someone might have passed Shaky the documents and he is a lawyer - so maybe that is why he is so confident that the Yanks could not rely on the warranties. If Shaky hasn’t seen the documents then his view is as good as anyones?

Moscow is now saying that Trust will run out of money taking this to court - so someone is uncomfortable on how this could go if it does go to court. Not sure if Moscow is speaking on behalf of the Trust (as there does seem to be concerns here about the cost) or for MM.

800k is not a lot of money to litigate a case that is as complicated as this. And if you go no win, no fee, then you might not get the best lawyers either. That’s one of the gambles with court cases and why their barrister suggested a deal is the best way to resolve the position.

To your other point, of course the slightly shoddy, hamfiated, last minute attempt to get the trust to waive their rights is a piece of the story when trying to prove unfair prejudice. It makes HJ look bad, it certainly is grist to the mill, and to be honest it makes the solicitor advising the sellers look pretty amateur as well.

And I’m also sure there is a warranty over the existence or otherwise of the SHA in the sale and purchase agreement - that’s relatively standard. But I very much doubt that the Americans could rely on that warranty to indemnify them in full against the sellers if the trust was successful in a unfair prejudice claim. Way too many challenges with direct causation there. Certainly too much of a risk and uncertain to suggest they’ve pulled the deal because they’re not worried about litigation because of it. If it is, well, they’ve got cojones.
From The Trust on 13:58 - Jan 7 with 1539 viewsNookiejack

From The Trust on 13:09 - Jan 7 by wobbly

800k is not a lot of money to litigate a case that is as complicated as this. And if you go no win, no fee, then you might not get the best lawyers either. That’s one of the gambles with court cases and why their barrister suggested a deal is the best way to resolve the position.

To your other point, of course the slightly shoddy, hamfiated, last minute attempt to get the trust to waive their rights is a piece of the story when trying to prove unfair prejudice. It makes HJ look bad, it certainly is grist to the mill, and to be honest it makes the solicitor advising the sellers look pretty amateur as well.

And I’m also sure there is a warranty over the existence or otherwise of the SHA in the sale and purchase agreement - that’s relatively standard. But I very much doubt that the Americans could rely on that warranty to indemnify them in full against the sellers if the trust was successful in a unfair prejudice claim. Way too many challenges with direct causation there. Certainly too much of a risk and uncertain to suggest they’ve pulled the deal because they’re not worried about litigation because of it. If it is, well, they’ve got cojones.

The Trust hasn't got anything to lose though has it.

What is the current value of the Trusts's shares? £21m down to sub £5m?

What good is £800k?

Let's see how far the £800k takes the Trust. Who knows how much may be donated locally if the Trust calls publicly and throughout the UK for contributions - through UK Supporters network.

No-one knows how this could play out and the Trust hasn't got anything to lose.

My gut-feeling is that if the Yanks lose - they will sue the Selling Shareholders under the warranty. They will have to pay say £16m for the Trust's shares - probably leaving the Trust with 5% residual stakes, like HJ and MM.

That means they will have to explain to their 27 person consortium why they are paying £16m for shares worth sub £5m? I think they would have no choice to sue however unlikely you think the chance they would have of winning.

The Yanks don't really seem to be at all bothered about the Trust launching legal action - so I can only assume they think they are covered under the warranty.
From The Trust on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 1504 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 13:58 - Jan 7 by Nookiejack

The Trust hasn't got anything to lose though has it.

What is the current value of the Trusts's shares? £21m down to sub £5m?

What good is £800k?

Let's see how far the £800k takes the Trust. Who knows how much may be donated locally if the Trust calls publicly and throughout the UK for contributions - through UK Supporters network.

No-one knows how this could play out and the Trust hasn't got anything to lose.

My gut-feeling is that if the Yanks lose - they will sue the Selling Shareholders under the warranty. They will have to pay say £16m for the Trust's shares - probably leaving the Trust with 5% residual stakes, like HJ and MM.

That means they will have to explain to their 27 person consortium why they are paying £16m for shares worth sub £5m? I think they would have no choice to sue however unlikely you think the chance they would have of winning.

The Yanks don't really seem to be at all bothered about the Trust launching legal action - so I can only assume they think they are covered under the warranty.

You are surpassing yourself on this thread Nookie, fair play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024