Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Churchill and Wales 10:57 - Jan 17 with 24650 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Churchill and Wales on 21:21 - Jan 17 with 1226 viewsJack_Kass

Churchill and Wales on 21:13 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

Exactly.

If he wanted to avoid war with Britain and France 🇫🇷 (I think he would have taken those Frenchies double quick time after Poland ) then he would not have invaded Poland in Sep 39.

We let him take Austria and Czechoslovakia but he had to be stopped at that point.

Poland was the red line that took us into a world war.

Not to mention these guys had a bit of form, in regards to attacking a country we had sworn to help defend 25 years earlier..

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Churchill and Wales on 21:28 - Jan 17 with 1209 viewsKilkennyjack

Churchill and Wales on 21:13 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

Exactly.

If he wanted to avoid war with Britain and France 🇫🇷 (I think he would have taken those Frenchies double quick time after Poland ) then he would not have invaded Poland in Sep 39.

We let him take Austria and Czechoslovakia but he had to be stopped at that point.

Poland was the red line that took us into a world war.

Hitler repeatedly remarked to Albert Speer that the English were “our brothers. Why fight our brothers?”[23]

There you have it.

Beware of the Risen People

Churchill and Wales on 21:30 - Jan 17 with 1208 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 21:28 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

Hitler repeatedly remarked to Albert Speer that the English were “our brothers. Why fight our brothers?”[23]

There you have it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Churchill and Wales on 21:35 - Jan 17 with 1193 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 20:55 - Jan 17 by Jack_Meoff

That was a year after Britain and France had declared war on Germany in Sept 1939.

Like I said, Hiltler didn’t want war with Britain. Of course after a nation receives a war declaration it’s going to defend itself.

I’m just saying is all. I think the 'we'd all be speaking German' line is a tad simplistic.

With the benefit of almost 80 years of hindsight what do you think was the real casus belli for the declaration of war, Jack? From this remove do you think it was western concern for the territorial integrity of interbellum Poland, a state as repressive and authoritarian as any in Europe following the coup of 1926, or do you think it could have been Hitler's signal intent to take the whole of the central European land mass out of the international financial system?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Churchill and Wales on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 1186 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 21:28 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

There you have it.

I always think of the English and Germans as being on the same side, its the French they both don't tend to historically like, the Welsh and Irish have teamed up with the French against the English in the past.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Churchill and Wales on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 1186 viewsLord_Bony

The Poles were a free people.

They did not want to be subjugated under the Nazi jackboot.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Churchill and Wales on 21:40 - Jan 17 with 1182 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 21:39 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

The Poles were a free people.

They did not want to be subjugated under the Nazi jackboot.

The Finns?

Churchill and Wales on 21:47 - Jan 17 with 1167 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 21:40 - Jan 17 by Lohengrin

The Finns?

I'm assuming you're talking about the soviet invasion Nov 40?

Yes,Stalin was emboldened also to invade Europe after his peace pact with his new buddy Hitler.

Just look at the Poles,those poor bastads had it from east and west.

Hitler and Goering gave it their best shot taking over Britain in 1940, it failed.

He then showed his true colours with the Russians and invaded them the year after.

We could not have capitulated with that monster,Churchill was right.

Login to get fewer ads

Churchill and Wales on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 1158 viewsperchrockjack

English and Germans on the same side
What disgusting comment which has not been challenged

Talk to people in England who survived the blitz and those whose descendants were slaughtered on the Somme.

You're truly a filthy piece of shite trampie, narrow minded and pitiful in equal measure ,a reason why Welsh people simply feck off from a land with clowns like you spouting this insulting drivel

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Churchill and Wales on 21:51 - Jan 17 with 1149 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 21:47 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

I'm assuming you're talking about the soviet invasion Nov 40?

Yes,Stalin was emboldened also to invade Europe after his peace pact with his new buddy Hitler.

Just look at the Poles,those poor bastads had it from east and west.

Hitler and Goering gave it their best shot taking over Britain in 1940, it failed.

He then showed his true colours with the Russians and invaded them the year after.

We could not have capitulated with that monster,Churchill was right.

The invasion of November '39. Yes.

Churchill and Wales on 21:53 - Jan 17 with 1144 viewsLord_Bony

39 aye.

Churchill and Wales on 21:56 - Jan 17 with 1136 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 21:53 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

39 aye.

No coal or steel mills in Finland, Bony. Nothing to return dividends. Was that the difference?

Churchill and Wales on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 1132 viewstrampie

The English and Germans are often called cousins, language, DNA, royal families, the British Army even had an ethnic German unit, ask Napoleon or even De Gaulle if they are cousins.

Churchill and Wales on 21:59 - Jan 17 with 1130 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 21:56 - Jan 17 by Lohengrin

No coal or steel mills in Finland, Bony. Nothing to return dividends. Was that the difference?

I'm sorry I don't understand.

What has this got to do with Poland?

Churchill and Wales on 21:59 - Jan 17 with 1127 viewsperchrockjack

English people died alongside Welsh and yet we see this garbage suggesting they really liked Hitler

Churchill and Wales on 22:00 - Jan 17 with 1124 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 21:58 - Jan 17 by trampie

The English and Germans are often called cousins, language, DNA, royal families, the British Army even had an ethnic German unit, ask Napoleon or even De Gaulle if they are cousins.

I think you would have liked a nice cosy Wales under the Third Reich Tramps?

Churchill and Wales on 22:01 - Jan 17 with 1121 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 21:58 - Jan 17 by trampie

What about the folk of Alsace-Lorraine, or Elsass-Lothringen if you prefer. Toss a coin. Do you think they may consider themselves family, Tramp?

Churchill and Wales on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1116 viewsperchrockjack

Fair play, I'm out. This guy is nuts

Churchill and Wales on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1116 viewsJack_Meoff

Churchill and Wales on 21:35 - Jan 17 by Lohengrin

With the benefit of almost 80 years of hindsight what do you think was the real casus belli for the declaration of war, Jack? From this remove do you think it was western concern for the territorial integrity of interbellum Poland, a state as repressive and authoritarian as any in Europe following the coup of 1926, or do you think it could have been Hitler's signal intent to take the whole of the central European land mass out of the international financial system?

This is what I was trying to get at, I was wondering how to word it.

According to Dunn, 'from 1933 Germany experienced an economic growth spurt. It appears that this coincided with an abandonment of a gold backed currency, with the result that barter, the direct exchange of goods, became possible in international trade. An example of this is Germany's exchange of locomotives for Argentinian beef, which did not require international trading credits or a reserve currency.'

A. K. Chesterton in 'The New Unhappy Lords' : 'The other danger inherent in the policy of the Third Reich concerned its firmly held beliefs that if goods were available for exchange between nations there was no need for either party to resort to international lending houses to finance the deal. Instead, the exchange should take place on a swap basis....(this) would mean for most practical purposes the end of international finance and of the immense powers it confers on its operators.'

Hitler rebelling against the money power of international finance through barter was a big reason why he had to be stopped I would suggest. I'm no expert admittedly, but having done some reading of late of history through the lens of finance, it would seem there's far more nuance into what occurred than the given of 'because he invaded Poland.' Far more.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Churchill and Wales on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 1113 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 21:59 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

I'm sorry I don't understand.

What has this got to do with Poland?

A declaration of war in the event of an attack on Poland, but not on Finland. Why do you think that was? Could it possibly have had something to do with the tens of millions the City of London and Wall Street, New York had tied up in the second Polish Republic or am I being overly cynical in thinking that a Conservative government here isn't animated first and foremost by altruism?

Churchill and Wales on 22:16 - Jan 17 with 1092 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 22:00 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

I think you would have liked a nice cosy Wales under the Third Reich Tramps?

Wales would not have liked Hitler or the Germans hence why Wales was solidly with the allies.

Churchill and Wales on 22:17 - Jan 17 with 1091 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 22:05 - Jan 17 by Jack_Meoff

This is what I was trying to get at, I was wondering how to word it.

According to Dunn, 'from 1933 Germany experienced an economic growth spurt. It appears that this coincided with an abandonment of a gold backed currency, with the result that barter, the direct exchange of goods, became possible in international trade. An example of this is Germany's exchange of locomotives for Argentinian beef, which did not require international trading credits or a reserve currency.'

A. K. Chesterton in 'The New Unhappy Lords' : 'The other danger inherent in the policy of the Third Reich concerned its firmly held beliefs that if goods were available for exchange between nations there was no need for either party to resort to international lending houses to finance the deal. Instead, the exchange should take place on a swap basis....(this) would mean for most practical purposes the end of international finance and of the immense powers it confers on its operators.'

Hitler rebelling against the money power of international finance through barter was a big reason why he had to be stopped I would suggest. I'm no expert admittedly, but having done some reading of late of history through the lens of finance, it would seem there's far more nuance into what occurred than the given of 'because he invaded Poland.' Far more.

You will end up burnt at the stake, Jack. You realise that, don't you?

Accepted schools of repetition won't suffer a heretic.

Churchill and Wales on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 1088 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 22:05 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

Fair play, I'm out. This guy is nuts

He's comical though.

Churchill and Wales on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 1086 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 22:16 - Jan 17 by trampie

Wales would not have liked Hitler or the Germans hence why Wales was solidly with the allies.

Churchill and Wales on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 1074 viewsKilkennyjack

Churchill and Wales on 21:59 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

English people died alongside Welsh and yet we see this garbage suggesting they really liked Hitler

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33578174

perch luv - what do you make of this butt ?

I am not sure you understand the heritage of the (beloved by BBC) Royal Family.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024