Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Churchill and Wales 10:57 - Jan 17 with 24678 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Churchill and Wales on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 1376 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 10:58 - Jan 25 by trampie

Have you seen the pics of the Royals doing Nazi salutes in the 1930's Lohengrin ?
You do realise their Germanic bloodline do you ?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 11:02]

I've seen footage of young children playing up for the camera in the early '30s, Tramp. Given the year it's just as likely they were joking about Mussolini's Italy. Had that thought crossed your mind at all?

I only wish your sister posted on here and she could put up footage of you at the Silver Jubilee street party all pop, cake and broad grin.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Churchill and Wales on 11:12 - Jan 25 with 1362 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 11:03 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

I've seen footage of young children playing up for the camera in the early '30s, Tramp. Given the year it's just as likely they were joking about Mussolini's Italy. Had that thought crossed your mind at all?

I only wish your sister posted on here and she could put up footage of you at the Silver Jubilee street party all pop, cake and broad grin.

You are in denial Lohengrin , the Royals have been shown for what they are.

I can assure you that neither myself or any family members of my family went to any silver jubilee street party.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Churchill and Wales on 11:33 - Jan 25 with 1343 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:12 - Jan 25 by trampie

You are in denial Lohengrin , the Royals have been shown for what they are.

I can assure you that neither myself or any family members of my family went to any silver jubilee street party.

* You're trying to paint HM as a Hitler devotee but I'm the one in flight from reality??

** Make all the assurances you like, Tramp, they ring as hollow as Leanne's head. I simply don't believe you.

Pop ... Cake ... Broad grin ... all beneath a canopy of blue sky and Union Flag bunting.

Churchill and Wales on 11:44 - Jan 25 with 1331 viewstrampie

That is your problem not mine Lohengrin, there are lots of things you don't believe you didn't believe me either that I had a close family relation that would not have Churchill's name said in the house and since then there has been no end of stories of people disliking Churchill in the press/social media and lots of them emanating from the South Wales coalfield communities.

You live in a bubble and have no idea what is going on around you, things that go on just 10 miles or so from you and you have no idea of events or why people think or behave as they do, you have no understanding or comprehension of other points of view, you will never beat an enemy if you don't understand them.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 12:05]

Churchill and Wales on 11:45 - Jan 25 with 1331 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 10:54 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

I don't think there was ever any serious intention of invading these islands at all, nor do I imagine the Royal family being prepared to play ball should such a calamity have come to pass. Not for one second.

No intention of invading or enslaving us as a nation? Don't make me laugh 😂

Hitler and his Nazis would have loved to have entered into a negotiated peace settlement and for us to have capitulated with them.

The first thing they would've done is to demilitarise the UK especially the Navy under the terms of the agreement. A year or two after that they could've done pretty much as they pleased with us, we would've been under the Nazi Jack boot in no time at all I don't know where this romantic notion comes from that we would have been left alone to do our own thing.

These people were monsters....not to be trusted whichever way you look at it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Churchill and Wales on 11:58 - Jan 25 with 1309 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:45 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

No intention of invading or enslaving us as a nation? Don't make me laugh 😂

Hitler and his Nazis would have loved to have entered into a negotiated peace settlement and for us to have capitulated with them.

The first thing they would've done is to demilitarise the UK especially the Navy under the terms of the agreement. A year or two after that they could've done pretty much as they pleased with us, we would've been under the Nazi Jack boot in no time at all I don't know where this romantic notion comes from that we would have been left alone to do our own thing.

These people were monsters....not to be trusted whichever way you look at it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

"The first thing they would've done is to demilitarise the UK especially the Navy under the terms of the agreement."

Really? And what proposals have you studied that state that or anything like it?

Churchill and Wales on 12:04 - Jan 25 with 1293 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:44 - Jan 25 by trampie

That is your problem not mine Lohengrin, there are lots of things you don't believe you didn't believe me either that I had a close family relation that would not have Churchill's name said in the house and since then there has been no end of stories of people disliking Churchill in the press/social media and lots of them emanating from the South Wales coalfield communities.

You live in a bubble and have no idea what is going on around you, things that go on just 10 miles or so from you and you have no idea of events or why people think or behave as they do, you have no understanding or comprehension of other points of view, you will never beat an enemy if you don't understand them.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 12:05]

The continuing demotic adventures of Tramp-Tin...

Churchill and Wales on 12:10 - Jan 25 with 1283 viewsLord_Bony

In May 1940 we were on our knees At Dunkirk and Chamberlain was still prime minister and we're about to lose our entire army. We came close to appeasement or surrender. Hitler at that point could have dictated any terms he wanted we were at his mercy. Luckily Churchill took over at this point and the rest is history.

The nazis had already broken the Treaty of Versailles previously and built up their Navy. They would not have left us in peace for long. Even the Irish Republicans were begging them for military assistance in the fight against Britain...all they needed was an excuse.

After the fall of France they were in a very strong position.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Login to get fewer ads

Churchill and Wales on 12:35 - Jan 25 with 1258 viewsperchrockjack

I don't agree with Lohegrin here but fully do so with Bony

Without doubt ,Britain (including) Wales, would have been under Hitler s power. Hitler wasn't one to share really and we would have been emasculated as a country and would have had Edward the Filth as a puppet figure head.

The Filth that was Eire would have taken any advantage to see British exit Ireland regardless of the wider picture . Its why I have nothing but contempt for the Irish ad Ireland ,so hang me now.

Churchill was not likeable but leaders in times of war aren't there to be liked .

I repeat... we are so utterly ungrateful and I feel deep shame when I see trampie churning out this regular ,revulsive garbage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Churchill and Wales on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 1252 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 12:10 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

In May 1940 we were on our knees At Dunkirk and Chamberlain was still prime minister and we're about to lose our entire army. We came close to appeasement or surrender. Hitler at that point could have dictated any terms he wanted we were at his mercy. Luckily Churchill took over at this point and the rest is history.

The nazis had already broken the Treaty of Versailles previously and built up their Navy. They would not have left us in peace for long. Even the Irish Republicans were begging them for military assistance in the fight against Britain...all they needed was an excuse.

There's a lot of tired cliche in there, Bony.

Dunkirk was a humiliation but this myth of an enfeebled Britain standing alone is just that, a myth assiduously propagated in the attempt to draw America into the conflict. At no time did we 'stand alone', we had a world Empire at our side with vast reserves of men and material. Surrender was never a consideration.

Be objective for a moment, Bony. Set aside the state-sanctioned mantra and look at the two world wars. The first year of each provided a brief window of opportunity for both sides to have stepped back from the abyss. To belay the madness and take stock before it was too late. In the Great War that occurred in and around Poperinge at the time of the Christmas Truce; in the Second it came in May 1940 during the hiatus that followed the evacuation of the BEF.

It's a very odd quirk of history that at times when the train of Europe has hurtled toward the buffer of war those who shoveled on more coal are celebrated while those who sought to apply the break are erased from the page.

Churchill and Wales on 12:50 - Jan 25 with 1228 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 12:38 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

There's a lot of tired cliche in there, Bony.

Dunkirk was a humiliation but this myth of an enfeebled Britain standing alone is just that, a myth assiduously propagated in the attempt to draw America into the conflict. At no time did we 'stand alone', we had a world Empire at our side with vast reserves of men and material. Surrender was never a consideration.

Be objective for a moment, Bony. Set aside the state-sanctioned mantra and look at the two world wars. The first year of each provided a brief window of opportunity for both sides to have stepped back from the abyss. To belay the madness and take stock before it was too late. In the Great War that occurred in and around Poperinge at the time of the Christmas Truce; in the Second it came in May 1940 during the hiatus that followed the evacuation of the BEF.

It's a very odd quirk of history that at times when the train of Europe has hurtled toward the buffer of war those who shoveled on more coal are celebrated while those who sought to apply the break are erased from the page.

I see so in May 1940 you think we were just feigning it in order to get Americas sympathy and join us?

No we were very close to being finished,if we hadn't managed the miracle of Dunkirk and evacuated over 300,000 of our armed forces it would have been game over.

They were ready to invade straight after,it was only our air superiority over the Channel during the Battle of Britain that saved us.

We would have been gone no mistake sir.

Churchill and Wales on 12:51 - Jan 25 with 1223 viewstrampie

Ireland was officially neutral as they had just got independence from a colonial power, they ran the risk of another civil war down the line if they had officially sided with that same colonial power, thousands of them joined British and allied forces to fight Germany and lots died.
Ireland wanted to keep their independence and not give it up due to events after just a few years.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 12:55]

Churchill and Wales on 13:05 - Jan 25 with 1195 viewstrampie

Lohengrin is in denial now about how close Blighty came to losing at various points during the second world war.
Like I said the guy is in a bubble.

Churchill and Wales on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 1194 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 12:10 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

That film you watched with Gary Oldman - not a documentary.

Poll: Tory leader

Churchill and Wales on 13:10 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 12:51 - Jan 25 by trampie

Ireland was officially neutral as they had just got independence from a colonial power, they ran the risk of another civil war down the line if they had officially sided with that same colonial power, thousands of them joined British and allied forces to fight Germany and lots died.
Ireland wanted to keep their independence and not give it up due to events after just a few years.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 12:55]

In the interests of fairness yes about 5,000 Irish volunteered to fight on the side of the allies.

But they paid a heavy price for it on their return home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16287211

Churchill and Wales on 13:10 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 12:50 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

I see so in May 1940 you think we were just feigning it in order to get Americas sympathy and join us?

No we were very close to being finished,if we hadn't managed the miracle of Dunkirk and evacuated over 300,000 of our armed forces it would have been game over.

They were ready to invade straight after,it was only our air superiority over the Channel during the Battle of Britain that saved us.

We would have been gone no mistake sir.

I should think in the Spring and Summer of 1940 Churchill and his circle would have countenanced anything to have excited the sympathy and support of the Americans up to and including the mass murder of French sailors at Mers El Kébir.

The Second War was not a straightforward parable, you know.

Churchill and Wales on 13:17 - Jan 25 with 1171 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 13:05 - Jan 25 by trampie

Lohengrin is in denial now about how close Blighty came to losing at various points during the second world war.
Like I said the guy is in a bubble.

Tramp, with all due respect you have as firm a grasp on historical understanding as Lena Martel had on Mongolian throat singing.

Churchill and Wales on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 1169 viewsLord_Bony

My opinion is we had to destroy the French Navy or it would have been used against us.

I still don't agree we would have been left in peace had we not intervened in Poland,many think we would have.

But an emboldened Hitler along with his many allies including Italy and Japan would have wanted total domination. Thankfully,his military blunders put an end to that.

We were right to stop him.

Churchill and Wales on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 1167 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 13:17 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

Tramp, with all due respect you have as firm a grasp on historical understanding as Lena Martel had on Mongolian throat singing.

Bloody hell thats a name I haven’t heard for years. A Sunday morning staple on 257 Swansea Sound back in the day.

Churchill and Wales on 13:20 - Jan 25 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 13:06 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

That film you watched with Gary Oldman - not a documentary.

What was that? You mean he wasn't handed Excalibur by an arm clad in the purest shimmering samite?

Churchill and Wales on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 1160 viewsperchrockjack

Officially neutral but practically taking any advantage to form a united island of Ireland

[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 13:23]

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Churchill and Wales on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 1160 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 13:18 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Bloody hell thats a name I haven’t heard for years. A Sunday morning staple on 257 Swansea Sound back in the day.

She lived in a bubble, you know.

Churchill and Wales on 13:23 - Jan 25 with 1156 viewsLord_Bony

One day at a time Sweet Jesus .

Churchill and Wales on 13:26 - Jan 25 with 1152 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 13:10 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

In the interests of fairness yes about 5,000 Irish volunteered to fight on the side of the allies.

But they paid a heavy price for it on their return home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16287211

I watched the latest Vietnam thing, I wasn't going to when I heard it was a Yankee thing but some people said it was good so I had a dekko and it underlined just how the French, Japs and Yanks did not understand the strength of feeling and therefore the commitment of the locals to fight the Imperialists, unfortunately the home side had to do what they had to do to some of their own that had connections to the invaders for what they seen as the long term good.

Churchill and Wales on 13:31 - Jan 25 with 1145 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 13:20 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

What was that? You mean he wasn't handed Excalibur by an arm clad in the purest shimmering samite?

There’s an absolutely ridiculous scene in there. Churchill is having doubts about the rightness of his actions in refusing to speak to Germany due to staunch and vocal opposition from the “appeasers” in the War Cabinet, like Halifax. Even the King himself visits Winston to warn him that he doesn’t fancy having to evacuate the little princesses to Canada in the event that Churchill f*cks up and Gerry invades. Ridden with self doubt, Churchill decides to consult “normal people” by taking an unscheduled and unpublicised trip on the tube. To a man and woman the downtrodden travellers reject negotiations and are gung ho in their belief that Churchill’s nonnegotiable path is the right one. Emboldened by this unwavering support, Churchill goes to the Commons and makes the famous “fight them on the beaches” speech.

And the rest as they say, is history. Or at least based on true events, some of which may have been invented for dramatic purposes (that’ll probably be in the small print somewhere).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024