Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Churchill and Wales 10:57 - Jan 17 with 24681 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Churchill and Wales on 19:49 - Jan 26 with 1697 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 19:44 - Jan 26 by Lohengrin

I've been off all week, Clase. I was a bit bored earlier so I started to write a piece for the Welsh National Opera, as you do. It's a mixture of ancient Greek and contemporary myth where the Goddess Baubo reincarnated is born to a family near Penygraig as the girl-child Bimbo.

Thrill as she charges the length of the A4058 in her chariot of glass bearing the mystic Celtic inscription Brecon Botanical pulled by her three flaxen-maned mares vapidity, otiosity and inconsequence.

Pity the slave Trampocles as he toils behind the horses with bucket and shovel cursed to recite his haunting mantra"ew luvvly, 'ew spareshal" as his wanton mistress cackles in scorn.

An instant Opus if ever there was one, Sir Andrew.

I’ve been off this week too, having a kitchen fitted. I’ve spent most of the week trying to keep the dog from getting buried under cupboards, worktops and various tools. I’ve been going stir crazy. But I did write a lovely long letter of complaint. I always enjoy that. I’Ve yet to decide whether it will reach its intended destination though.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 19:49]

Poll: Tory leader

Churchill and Wales on 19:51 - Jan 26 with 1685 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 19:49 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve been off this week too, having a kitchen fitted. I’ve spent most of the week trying to keep the dog from getting buried under cupboards, worktops and various tools. I’ve been going stir crazy. But I did write a lovely long letter of complaint. I always enjoy that. I’Ve yet to decide whether it will reach its intended destination though.

It sounds like the joy of writing was the end in itself.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Churchill and Wales on 19:53 - Jan 26 with 1680 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 19:49 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Is the kitchen not up to scratch ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Churchill and Wales on 19:54 - Jan 26 with 1675 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 19:53 - Jan 26 by trampie

Is the kitchen not up to scratch ?

I’ll let you know when it’s finished.

Churchill and Wales on 19:55 - Jan 26 with 1671 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 19:51 - Jan 26 by Lohengrin

It sounds like the joy of writing was the end in itself.

Possibly. It may well end up with a few more iterations before I’m happy with it.

Churchill and Wales on 19:56 - Jan 26 with 1668 viewsLohengrin

How on earth has this got to eleven pages?

Churchill and Wales on 19:58 - Jan 26 with 1663 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 19:54 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

I’ll let you know when it’s finished.

What's the potential complaint then ? , is it a time thing ?

Churchill and Wales on 19:59 - Jan 26 with 1662 viewsexiledclaseboy

Churchill and Wales on 19:58 - Jan 26 by trampie

What's the potential complaint then ? , is it a time thing ?

Long story, tramp. Nothing to do with the kitchen. The only impact the kitchen has had is to give me the time to write the letter.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 20:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Churchill and Wales on 20:01 - Jan 26 with 1652 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 19:59 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Long story, tramp. Nothing to do with the kitchen. The only impact the kitchen has had is to give me the time to write the letter.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 20:07]

Oh I see, lol.

Churchill and Wales on 00:10 - Jan 27 with 1588 viewsJack_Meoff

Churchill and Wales on 13:48 - Jan 26 by trampie

They voted for Thatcher and Blair they voted for those policies that made themselves richer at the expense of others and at the expense of future generations.
As long as there was more in work than out then the politicians knew they were onto a winner, they did not care, don't forget this was the generation of free love and drug taking they only cared for themselves, they turned away from religion and look at the state they have left the country in, shameful but there again they have no shame.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 13:49]

They were drip fed the same bollocks we are today by billionaire media owners. Those that benefit from the status quo. (Not the band, though god bless Rick.)

They were presented with exactly the same left/right dialectic illusion of choice as we are today when it comes to the polling booth. And acted accordingly.

The neoliberal agenda you mentioned was happening anyway. Finance wanted a short term profit, as it was ever thus. And Parliament has always served finance, as harsh a pill as that is to swallow.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 1:33]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Churchill and Wales on 07:11 - Jan 27 with 1545 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 00:10 - Jan 27 by Jack_Meoff

They were drip fed the same bollocks we are today by billionaire media owners. Those that benefit from the status quo. (Not the band, though god bless Rick.)

They were presented with exactly the same left/right dialectic illusion of choice as we are today when it comes to the polling booth. And acted accordingly.

The neoliberal agenda you mentioned was happening anyway. Finance wanted a short term profit, as it was ever thus. And Parliament has always served finance, as harsh a pill as that is to swallow.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 1:33]

Yes I agree but that is no excuse for being thick as two short ones, Mrs Thatcher won, greed won, right wing politics won, now look at the state we are in.
The generation that are now pensioners let this country down something terrible, the flower power generation was easily seduced and society has gone backwards.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 7:12]

Churchill and Wales on 07:42 - Jan 27 with 1534 viewsTreforys_Jack

Churchill and Wales on 07:11 - Jan 27 by trampie

Yes I agree but that is no excuse for being thick as two short ones, Mrs Thatcher won, greed won, right wing politics won, now look at the state we are in.
The generation that are now pensioners let this country down something terrible, the flower power generation was easily seduced and society has gone backwards.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 7:12]

Hmm let me think, do u want a better standard of living ? How many people would turn that down. It's got nothing to do with being as thick as 2 short planks as you so eloquently put it. The bulk of the population don't understand long term policies. Let's use Brexit as an example , I had no idea which way to vote, so didn't and I like to think I'm far from being as thick as 2 short planks .No-one knows how it will turn out. FACT
Churchill and Wales on 07:54 - Jan 27 with 1528 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 07:42 - Jan 27 by Treforys_Jack

Hmm let me think, do u want a better standard of living ? How many people would turn that down. It's got nothing to do with being as thick as 2 short planks as you so eloquently put it. The bulk of the population don't understand long term policies. Let's use Brexit as an example , I had no idea which way to vote, so didn't and I like to think I'm far from being as thick as 2 short planks .No-one knows how it will turn out. FACT

They appealed to people's greed and the people voted for greed, me me me and now look at us.

Churchill and Wales on 09:56 - Jan 27 with 1507 viewsHighjack

Churchill and Wales on 19:56 - Jan 26 by Lohengrin

How on earth has this got to eleven pages?

11 pages and not a mention of a giant dildo.

That's progress.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Churchill and Wales on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 1504 viewsperchrockjack

Nor has anyone explained why right wing politics is bad but left is good.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Churchill and Wales on 10:43 - Jan 27 with 1489 viewsHighjack

Churchill and Wales on 07:54 - Jan 27 by trampie

They appealed to people's greed and the people voted for greed, me me me and now look at us.

We are all selfish creatures Tramp like every other organism on the planet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Churchill and Wales on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 1476 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 10:43 - Jan 27 by Highjack

Is the correct answer. We re all selfish.

Take the National Debt, we keep adding to it with interest every day.

Our attitude?...keep borrowing,spend the money on US NOW...don't worry about it,the future generations will pay for it all ...and they will do the same kickin the can down the road until the system collapses.

Was ever thus so in society.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Churchill and Wales on 11:12 - Jan 27 with 1464 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 09:56 - Jan 27 by Highjack

11 pages and not a mention of a giant dildo.

That's progress.

We ve already mentioned Trump...do keep up mun.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Churchill and Wales on 11:13 - Jan 27 with 1461 viewsJack_Meoff

Churchill and Wales on 11:03 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

Is the correct answer. We re all selfish.

Take the National Debt, we keep adding to it with interest every day.

Our attitude?...keep borrowing,spend the money on US NOW...don't worry about it,the future generations will pay for it all ...and they will do the same kickin the can down the road until the system collapses.

Was ever thus so in society.

The national debt is probably the biggest scam ever perpetrated LB. The sheer scale of its diabolicy is astounding.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Churchill and Wales on 11:17 - Jan 27 with 1456 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 11:13 - Jan 27 by Jack_Meoff

The national debt is probably the biggest scam ever perpetrated LB. The sheer scale of its diabolicy is astounding.

Eye watering my friend.

It can never be paid back no matter what austerity measures the government implement.

It's currently growing by over £5,100 PER SECOND!

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Churchill and Wales on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 1444 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:17 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

Eye watering my friend.

It can never be paid back no matter what austerity measures the government implement.

It's currently growing by over £5,100 PER SECOND!

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Still think the Second War was a good idea?

Churchill and Wales on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 1437 viewsLord_Bony

Churchill and Wales on 11:22 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

Still think the Second War was a good idea?

Yes

Churchill and Wales on 11:26 - Jan 27 with 1434 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:13 - Jan 27 by Jack_Meoff

Have you read any papers this morning, Jack? All the scum of the earth gathered in Davos and our 'free press' hanging breathless on their every pronouncement as though it were silver dripping from Olympus.

Churchill and Wales on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 1427 viewsLohengrin

Churchill and Wales on 11:24 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

Yes

Embrace the consequences then, this is what was always waiting at the end of the rainbow you marvel at.

Churchill and Wales on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 1419 viewstrampie

Churchill and Wales on 10:43 - Jan 27 by Highjack

Oh I don't know about that I vote what I think is best for the country and not me personally.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024