Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 22:09 - Jan 22 with 5324 viewsshandyjack

His best game so far, was superb

Poll: Expectation for the season

Clucas on 05:55 - Jan 23 with 1454 viewsPawelAbbott

He looked like what he is, a £4M player. It's our fault we paid 4 times that for him
Clucas on 07:02 - Jan 23 with 1410 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 23:51 - Jan 22 by Private_Partz

I agree with your first sentence. Don't think I said anything different.
With a decent window, and a timely one, Clement could have bored us to safety ;-)
I hope we can keep the momentum going at Notts C as well. I think Carlos must ring the changes though with the Arse following closely on Tuesday.
Good news though as it means he can give those not used on the bench, and players on the fringe of the squad, match time.
That should see us in fine fettle for when Wenger comes avisiting.

Carvalhal has demonstrated that Clement didn't need a "decent window" to bore us to safety, just some bottle.

Plenty have said that the squad was better than the performances Clement was getting out of it and so CC is proving. Yes, if we had a bit more in the forward areas that job would be a lot easier, but it doesn't excuse Clement's cowardice is setting up to contain teams like Brighton instead of taking the game to them.

A bit more ambition and intent and we could be anything up to 7-10 points better off by now, which puts an entirely different complexion on the season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 07:49 - Jan 23 with 1380 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 07:02 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

Carvalhal has demonstrated that Clement didn't need a "decent window" to bore us to safety, just some bottle.

Plenty have said that the squad was better than the performances Clement was getting out of it and so CC is proving. Yes, if we had a bit more in the forward areas that job would be a lot easier, but it doesn't excuse Clement's cowardice is setting up to contain teams like Brighton instead of taking the game to them.

A bit more ambition and intent and we could be anything up to 7-10 points better off by now, which puts an entirely different complexion on the season.

Clement should have been given the boot after the Brighton game, we wasted 8 games of a Premier League season persisting with him and it will cost us in the end I think.
Clucas on 08:09 - Jan 23 with 1356 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 07:49 - Jan 23 by 34dfgdf54

Clement should have been given the boot after the Brighton game, we wasted 8 games of a Premier League season persisting with him and it will cost us in the end I think.

Probably.

There's a lot of games we failed to take anything out of that we should have at least been competitive in. CC could work miracles between now and May and the damage will already have been done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 08:42 - Jan 23 with 1314 viewsawayjack

Clucas on 01:22 - Jan 23 by Wanderer

They have a Van Dick but we have the Horn!

I am absolutely loving the new gaffer, what a breath of fresh air, making my sporting life bearable again, great weekend with the Scarlets as well.

The Horn was rock solid. Scared the shit out the Liverpoll lightweights.
Clucas on 08:47 - Jan 23 with 1303 viewsPegojack

Clucas on 23:47 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Took 2 Italian work colleagues to game tonight they both said Fer was our best player

I think I'd have to agree with this. He is maddeningly inconsistent, but he rose to the occasion last night. Put himself about endlessly and really got stuck in, but was just the right side of ultra aggressive without earning a card. Excellent. More of it, please.

I thought Clucas put in a good shift too, but that was the minimum performance I expected from him before he came, so he needs to do it for the rest of the season now.
Clucas on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 1278 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 23:47 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Took 2 Italian work colleagues to game tonight they both said Fer was our best player

Fer always seems to gas out after 50/60 minutes for me, but when he's on his game there is no one at the club who can do what Fer does, drives forward.
Clucas on 09:29 - Jan 23 with 1233 viewsperchrockjack

I agree with the dr Winston .
Clement sent us backwards at a rate of knots
Carlos seems nuts and a nicer version of Mourinho.His English is also impressive and mellifluous at times.

He s given the players a lift an good points about Fer being made . He s a big lump and a bit of a loose cannon but he s got a bit of devil in him and very team needs that .

Ayew has really come on and looks like Clucas is now starting to show he can play .

I don't expect many manager jobs to be coming Clement s way.

Rightly so

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 1187 viewsPrivate_Partz

We would not be a top flight team this season without Clement.
What do you think turned him from preciding over one of our best ever runs to a car crash?
It was a poor and late window. We sold our two most influential players in attack and NONE of their replacements have settled in yet.
The result? We had a top 6 defensive record and a Championship or below attacking one.
Clement was not a coward. He responded to criticism and, unwisely in my book, went 4 at the back against the big boys. This resulted in our decent GD going out the window with its ass on fire. Our one advantage we had over our relegation rivals.
Clement had to go. The imbalanced squad left him short of ideas and confidence which spread to the players. Just like players need the support of their manager, a manager needs the support of his DOF. He did not get this.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves either. This could just be the corpse kicking. It is starting to look like Jenkins may have his worst ever Window. One where he does the square root of eff all.
If the downward spiral continues I am sure supporters and posters on here will again turn on the manager and the players, rather than the one responsible.
It has always been thus.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 10:32]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clucas on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 1156 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 10:30 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

What do you think turned him from preciding over one of our best ever runs to a car crash?
It was a poor and late window. We sold our two most influential players in attack and NONE of their replacements have settled in yet.
The result? We had a top 6 defensive record and a Championship or below attacking one.
Clement was not a coward. He responded to criticism and, unwisely in my book, went 4 at the back against the big boys. This resulted in our decent GD going out the window with its ass on fire. Our one advantage we had over our relegation rivals.
Clement had to go. The imbalanced squad left him short of ideas and confidence which spread to the players. Just like players need the support of their manager, a manager needs the support of his DOF. He did not get this.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves either. This could just be the corpse kicking. It is starting to look like Jenkins may have his worst ever Window. One where he does the square root of eff all.
If the downward spiral continues I am sure supporters and posters on here will again turn on the manager and the players, rather than the one responsible.
It has always been thus.

When a manager is more concerned about what Brighton can do to us rather than what we can do to them then yeah, that's cowardice.

Clement's negative attitude rubbed off on players who became terrified to take the game to the opposition. I don't disagree that we needed more in attacking positions, but PC's timid approach made the situation significantly worse.

Clucas on 11:39 - Jan 23 with 1105 viewsPrivate_Partz

Clucas on 10:47 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

When a manager is more concerned about what Brighton can do to us rather than what we can do to them then yeah, that's cowardice.

Clement's negative attitude rubbed off on players who became terrified to take the game to the opposition. I don't disagree that we needed more in attacking positions, but PC's timid approach made the situation significantly worse.

I think the downward spiral was well under way by the Brighton game. It was a mistake to set up they way we did. Just as it was a mistake to go four at the back against the big boys.
The transfer window was far more significant for me. It wrecked the confidence of an inexperienced manager and this spread to the team. The results before and after clearly show that.
A window which saw our most influential players leave and none of the players brought have been a success to date. I say 'to date' as I still think some could come good, even at this late stage.
It remains to be seen whether that Is too little too late.
Despite being a miserable git I have to say I am more optimistic :-)
We have to strengthen the team during this window though.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clucas on 14:15 - Jan 27 with 915 viewsNirvana

I get it, let's be positive after a surprise win against a dangerous Liverpool team. But if running around a bit more than usual and remaining completely anonymous is "superb" from our record-signing, it really speaks to how awful he has been and how terrible the deal is.

I will commend the guy, he didn't ffukk up and he even attempted a few tackles here and there. I tried to give him a chance to prove himself this season, but at 27 and £17m he has been a depressingly poor acquisition.

The majority of the Siggy windfall was wasted on this guy and one horrendous season of Sanches instead of someone like Viera/Sabitzer/Hazard. That, along with swapping Llorente for the ghost of Wilfried Bony, is the main reason we have been rooted to the bottom of the table all season.
Clucas on 14:24 - Jan 27 with 894 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 23:15 - Jan 22 by monmouth

Then again, he was a shitload better than £75m Van Dick.

This is purely facetious, yes Monmouth?

Van Dijk was superb, best player on the pitch by a pretty good margin. An unlucky bounce off Fernandez doesn't negate that. He was every bit the ball-playing CB and shut down every single attack we could muster.

Did you see the world-class ball over the top he played to Salah in the first half? And the excellent pass Firmino headed into the post at the end? Both should have been tucked away, and lucky for us they weren't.

I watched the game, I don't need to rely on stats. But just to illustrate the gulf in the two, here they are (remember one was playing central defence, one was playing as an attacker):

Van Dijk - 3 shots / 1 on target
132 touches / 119 passes / 94% accuracy
2 key passes / 4 long balls / 1 throughball
10 aerials won / 8 clearances

Clucas - 0 shots / 0 on target
28 touches / 15 passes / 80% accuracy
0 key passes / 0 long balls / 0 throughballs
3 aerials won / 3 clearances
Clucas on 14:29 - Jan 27 with 875 viewsAmbergambler

Clucas on 14:15 - Jan 27 by Nirvana

I get it, let's be positive after a surprise win against a dangerous Liverpool team. But if running around a bit more than usual and remaining completely anonymous is "superb" from our record-signing, it really speaks to how awful he has been and how terrible the deal is.

I will commend the guy, he didn't ffukk up and he even attempted a few tackles here and there. I tried to give him a chance to prove himself this season, but at 27 and £17m he has been a depressingly poor acquisition.

The majority of the Siggy windfall was wasted on this guy and one horrendous season of Sanches instead of someone like Viera/Sabitzer/Hazard. That, along with swapping Llorente for the ghost of Wilfried Bony, is the main reason we have been rooted to the bottom of the table all season.

Sums it up nicely.
Clucas on 14:33 - Jan 27 with 856 viewsNirvana

Surely you're joking here, Doc.

Clement was ultra-defensive, yes, and it was brutal to watch for most of the season. But pretending this game was anything different is just bbullsshitt. Liverpool had 21 shots, 4 on target and 1 hitting the woodwork, with 72% possession. We had all of 3 shots, 2 on target and 28% possession.

Had both Salah and Mane not skied golden chances in the first half (and in general been very poor, particularly Mane), we'd have been down at least 2-1. A lucky bounce off Fernandez's stomach and some truly atrocious finishing from Liverpool was the key. But we retreated, dropped everyone behind the ball, and hoofed it up the pitch just the same as under PC. Even then, Firmino headed a golden chance onto the post and Lallana took two touches right in front of an open goal. That close.

We desperately need points and win is a win, and should be treated as such. But let's not get all starry-eyed because Carvalhal talks in wonderfully illustrated metaphors. Almost every new manager gets a bump in results and we're seeing that play out here, just under PC. But we need quality in attack, or we are going down.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 14:43]
Clucas on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 838 viewsjack2jack

Clucas on 10:30 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

It has always been thus.

Just so PP, if you take a good carpenters tools away from him and replace them with a sponge hammer and a chisel made of chocolate, you ain't going to make a good table, are you.😀
Clucas on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 811 viewskarnataka

Clucas on 14:37 - Jan 27 by jack2jack

Just so PP, if you take a good carpenters tools away from him and replace them with a sponge hammer and a chisel made of chocolate, you ain't going to make a good table, are you.😀

True, but if that carpenter gave the sponge hammer and chocolate chisel to someone else, they could have something nice with their cup of tea and then bathe their dog and be quite happy with that. It's not just the tools, it's what you do with them and being able to get the best out of what you've got.
Clucas on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 799 viewsjack2jack

Clucas on 14:49 - Jan 27 by karnataka

True, but if that carpenter gave the sponge hammer and chocolate chisel to someone else, they could have something nice with their cup of tea and then bathe their dog and be quite happy with that. It's not just the tools, it's what you do with them and being able to get the best out of what you've got.

It was an analogy as to what happened to PC,well have to wait till the end of the season, to make such a comparison with CC,maybe he can make a tidy table with the tools he's got,only time will tell.😀
Appreciate what you're saying though.😉
Clucas on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 749 viewskarnataka

Picked up the tempo again when Clucas & Ayew came on today. We'd been sagging for the first 15 of the second half and no surprise Notts Co had their best spell then. The introduction of Clucas helped us pick the tempo up again and Ayew kept that momentum with us. We should have finished that game off in the last 15.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024