Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? 07:06 - Jan 23 with 37379 viewsbelieveinmiracles

Credit where it`s due lads
1. Who would have picked Carlos ?
2. Who would have bought Mawson for £5m ( now worth £40M plus )

Better to keep Jenkins than leave the yanks in cha
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:25 - Jan 28 with 3206 viewsDJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:19 - Jan 28 by TheResurrection

Yes I was but that was one lone voice in the wilderness usually. Now this is a bully witch hunt and that's not on.

Jenkins has made mistakes, the whole board has, but he's got us out of it last year and I'm praying he can do it again.

That's all this is.

Ok, fair enough mate. You do seem to like to swim against the flow. My thought is that Jenkins has made too many mistakes to make it feasible for him to stay on the hope that he gets lucky.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 21:44 - Jan 28 with 3130 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:25 - Jan 28 by DJack

Ok, fair enough mate. You do seem to like to swim against the flow. My thought is that Jenkins has made too many mistakes to make it feasible for him to stay on the hope that he gets lucky.

He's definitely made a few mistakes mate, I've been furious over the years for various things, but he's also done some good stuff. We used to have the majority that would stick up for him, in Huw we Trust etc etc, there was no chance of any protests and toxic atmospheres from my ramblings over the years.

All I hope for is we can unite behind the manager in our fight for survival with no distractions whatsoever.👍

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 21:47 - Jan 28 with 3132 viewsSwanjaxs

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:19 - Jan 28 by TheResurrection

Yes I was but that was one lone voice in the wilderness usually. Now this is a bully witch hunt and that's not on.

Jenkins has made mistakes, the whole board has, but he's got us out of it last year and I'm praying he can do it again.

That's all this is.

I'll join you in that prayer Chris, let's see what the next few days brings us to give CC a fighting chance 👍
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 21:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:35 - Jan 28 with 3099 viewsQJumpingJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:49 - Jan 28 by TheResurrection

Which mistakes?

Failing to work with the Trust around the sale.

No succession planning when Monk was in charge / struggling.

Failing to create a successful scouting network.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:39 - Jan 28 with 3090 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:10 - Jan 28 by TheResurrection

No I didn't

I said the Americans have overridden him on several key decisions. Decisions which have come back to bite us on the arse.

To all intents and purposes they kept out of his way last January.

This one remains to be seen.

OK they are intermittently hampering him them.
Is he being hampered or dithering this time I wonder?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 3074 viewsPozuelosSideys

Nah. Let Jenkins contract run til the end of the season. Id then expect it to be terminated whether we stay up or go down. Pointless doing it now. At least it gives time to find replacements or look at restructuring at exec level. Even to the yankeedoodles it must be obvious whats what by now. Americans are usually cutthroat too.

If hes that great he will get another job in a similar role.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:55 - Jan 28 with 3040 viewsQJumpingJack

If we go down, who will go first -
Jenkins or Pearlman?
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:55 - Jan 28 with 3040 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:42 - Jan 28 by PozuelosSideys

Nah. Let Jenkins contract run til the end of the season. Id then expect it to be terminated whether we stay up or go down. Pointless doing it now. At least it gives time to find replacements or look at restructuring at exec level. Even to the yankeedoodles it must be obvious whats what by now. Americans are usually cutthroat too.

If hes that great he will get another job in a similar role.

I think it was Darran who ask this question.
If Jenkins, as is starting to look likely, does the square root of eff all to earn his crust this window then what is the point in him staying? All he will be doing is hanging around Fairwood keeping tabs on Carlos.
Surely it would be better to start working on a new recruitment team and DOF candidates now in preparation for next season, whatever division we end up in.....
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:56]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:58 - Jan 28 with 3031 viewsPozuelosSideys

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:55 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

I think it was Darran who ask this question.
If Jenkins, as is starting to look likely, does the square root of eff all to earn his crust this window then what is the point in him staying? All he will be doing is hanging around Fairwood keeping tabs on Carlos.
Surely it would be better to start working on a new recruitment team and DOF candidates now in preparation for next season, whatever division we end up in.....
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 22:56]

Imo Jenkins is still there as the Americans know nothing about football. Have no contacts and no idea how to run a football club. They have their General Manager in place (is how American Sports teams do it) and then that individual runs the show.

The GM does all the hiring, firing and operational running of the club. I honestly dont think even they are dull enough to not see whats going on.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:09 - Jan 28 with 3022 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:58 - Jan 28 by PozuelosSideys

Imo Jenkins is still there as the Americans know nothing about football. Have no contacts and no idea how to run a football club. They have their General Manager in place (is how American Sports teams do it) and then that individual runs the show.

The GM does all the hiring, firing and operational running of the club. I honestly dont think even they are dull enough to not see whats going on.

They have been extraordinarily naive.
They thought they were buying a club that would be top 10 or above and they had a football genius to run the club on the cheap whilst they increased the value of it for a sell on.
JTAK certainly did it's job but as you say they must realise the folly of their ways and that the clubs decline had started long before the sell out.
This is why I think they should just let Carlos get on with his job and pray we have stumbled on a genuine football messiah who can save us. In the meantime prepare the club for next season. There are enough genuine football people kicking around the club who could help them.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:16 - Jan 28 with 3010 viewsPozuelosSideys

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:09 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

They have been extraordinarily naive.
They thought they were buying a club that would be top 10 or above and they had a football genius to run the club on the cheap whilst they increased the value of it for a sell on.
JTAK certainly did it's job but as you say they must realise the folly of their ways and that the clubs decline had started long before the sell out.
This is why I think they should just let Carlos get on with his job and pray we have stumbled on a genuine football messiah who can save us. In the meantime prepare the club for next season. There are enough genuine football people kicking around the club who could help them.

I think they bought a club based on their risk model after looking at the clubs P&L. They saw a pretty standard model and figured they could drive down outgoings and increase income revenue streams. All in the name of profit of course. This is nothing to do with the game of football itself.

As an fyi. Oaktree Capital - one of Kaplans babies is primarily enagaged in working with distressed companies. The definition of a distressed company is:

"Financial distress is a condition where a company cannot meet, or has difficulty paying off, its financial obligations to its creditors, typically due to high fixed costs, illiquid assets or revenues sensitive to economic downturns".

Sounds pretty much like a football club to me. Especially when you take the comments of HJ, LD, the Clog into account in regards to how they had taken the club as far as they could. All the financials the club have released in the last couple of years scream the above to me.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 2992 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:16 - Jan 28 by PozuelosSideys

I think they bought a club based on their risk model after looking at the clubs P&L. They saw a pretty standard model and figured they could drive down outgoings and increase income revenue streams. All in the name of profit of course. This is nothing to do with the game of football itself.

As an fyi. Oaktree Capital - one of Kaplans babies is primarily enagaged in working with distressed companies. The definition of a distressed company is:

"Financial distress is a condition where a company cannot meet, or has difficulty paying off, its financial obligations to its creditors, typically due to high fixed costs, illiquid assets or revenues sensitive to economic downturns".

Sounds pretty much like a football club to me. Especially when you take the comments of HJ, LD, the Clog into account in regards to how they had taken the club as far as they could. All the financials the club have released in the last couple of years scream the above to me.

I don't buy they had taken the club as far as they could.
I think once the decision to appoint Monk and the chickens came home to roost they could see their investment going down the pan and jumped at the second 'investor' that came along. The Trust scuppered the first hence they were kept in the dark the second time.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 00:04 - Jan 29 with 2972 viewsSmellyplumz

He's a yellow belly cûnt end of.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 2844 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:38 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

I don't buy they had taken the club as far as they could.
I think once the decision to appoint Monk and the chickens came home to roost they could see their investment going down the pan and jumped at the second 'investor' that came along. The Trust scuppered the first hence they were kept in the dark the second time.

So you don't think they'd taken it as far as they could but you think they thought their investment was going down the pan??

Come on mate, what's happened to you? Has STID found your password for this site or something?? 😉

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 2799 viewsperchrockjack

Not even Jenkins could say the simmer wind own was successful. It's been disastrous and seen us sink .
Like a stone

Now, January is THE chance to rectify BUT nothing and we re in the last week of the window.

We know nobody of any quali will be coming in and we are being bullshittted into believing they are .

We have a flaky jerk for a right full back and have a rookie who seems at least in some way better .

We had a has been brought to us and a stringy kid from Chelsea s books ,another Spanish folly deemed so bad he s knobbed off after just four months ,plus Sanches ...say no more.

And Jenkins is somehow revered ! It's gross incompetence on an industrial scale and he has no defence whatsoever . None ..

Incredible
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 10:54]

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:20 - Jan 29 with 2745 viewsJackFish

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:58 - Jan 28 by PozuelosSideys

I think this is exactly it. They have no idea how to run a football club, and when they have tried to get involved (Bradley) it quickly backfired on them. If Huw leaves then who do we end up with running the football side of the business? What confidence do we have in the owners that they'll pick someone competent?
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:46 - Jan 29 with 2688 viewsjackjackjackjack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:20 - Jan 29 by JackFish

I think this is exactly it. They have no idea how to run a football club, and when they have tried to get involved (Bradley) it quickly backfired on them. If Huw leaves then who do we end up with running the football side of the business? What confidence do we have in the owners that they'll pick someone competent?

Add to Bradley: dragging the Siggy sale out so long we couldn't get anyone in, and not sacking Clement because he saved us last season so can do it again.

No matter what people think of Huw (mostly negative, admittedly), he's kept us in the Premier since we were promoted, whilst many other clubs have come and gone back to the Championship. With the Americans in total control, I fail to see any logic other than we're going down. They don't have a clue.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 13:20 - Jan 29 with 2639 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:46 - Jan 29 by jackjackjackjack

Add to Bradley: dragging the Siggy sale out so long we couldn't get anyone in, and not sacking Clement because he saved us last season so can do it again.

No matter what people think of Huw (mostly negative, admittedly), he's kept us in the Premier since we were promoted, whilst many other clubs have come and gone back to the Championship. With the Americans in total control, I fail to see any logic other than we're going down. They don't have a clue.

We're finally getting somewhere with the last two posts.

This is what we need to be worried about.

Good posts 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024