Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? 23:40 - Mar 25 with 78429 viewsDarran

Wow that’s a surprise. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:32 - Mar 28 with 3588 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:07 - Mar 28 by Darran

Corbyn apologised for anti-Semitism within the Labour Party he didn’t apologise for attacks on the Israeli Government. There was no need to mention the Israeli Government this wasn’t about the Israeli Government.
It’s also hysterical to see people defending Corbyn on twitter saying he’s not anti-Semetic or a racist because he’s the most passive man you could ever meet. Again he never apologised for being anti-Semitic or a racist he was apologising for anti-Semetism within the Labour Party it’s just that you nutjobs like to make up stories to deflect from the truth.

Passive?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:37 - Mar 28 with 3577 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:32 - Mar 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Passive?

He looks rough for 38.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:14 - Mar 28 with 3546 viewsWarwickHunt

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:32 - Mar 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Passive?

A spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn said "Mr Corbyn is happy to commemorate all dead gunmen, not just the IRA ones".
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:28 - Mar 28 with 3533 viewsDarran

Passive?

I never said he was.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:30 - Mar 28 with 3533 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 09:44 - Mar 28 by Ebo

The only nutjob here is you Dar. Stop reading the papers and watching the BBC would be a good start. If you think there is nothing wrong with the Israeli government then you are simply barking.

Corbyn ain't perfect but he has a damn sight more morals than half of the kunts in power.

A communist, a Spy and now it seems a nazi. Fu cking hell make your mind up.

This is the problem.

"It's about anti semitism"

"If you don't think that Israel are awful there no hope".

Virtually everyone thinks there's something wrong with the Israeli government (ignoring those who also love Trump). Their behaviour is abhorrent and shameful. But that is no excuse for portraying Jewish people in the way that some portray them. The two are not the same thing.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:35 - Mar 28 with 3530 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:30 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

This is the problem.

Virtually everyone thinks there's something wrong with the Israeli government (ignoring those who also love Trump). Their behaviour is abhorrent and shameful. But that is no excuse for portraying Jewish people in the way that some portray them. The two are not the same thing.

Ebos favourite new word is whataboutery.

Corbyn apologises for anti-Semetism in the Labour Party ands it’s what about the Israeli Government?

I don’t mean to be nasty when I call him a nutjob but surely he can see how fuçking stupid he sounds.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Mar 28 with 3525 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:35 - Mar 28 by Darran

Corbyn apologises for anti-Semetism in the Labour Party ands it’s what about the Israeli Government?

I don’t mean to be nasty when I call him a nutjob but surely he can see how fuçking stupid he sounds.

I said to Tommy last week or the week before, that some Corbyn supporters are like Trump supporters - nothing at all can get them to believe that the man isn't above any criticism. It's like a cult.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:45 - Mar 28 with 3524 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:30 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

This is the problem.

Lisa, you and I are of an identical age with the leadership of Momentum. We all came of an age and developed an interest in politics as the ‘80s progressed. Not the same interests and not in the same directions, granted, but how much of a bearing do you think that decade had/has on the attitudes you see being struck today?

As regards anti-semitism on the far-left the focus has been on Palestine. Moving some books about this morning I came across a copy of this and it has set me thinking....

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:07 - Mar 28 with 3502 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

I said to Tommy last week or the week before, that some Corbyn supporters are like Trump supporters - nothing at all can get them to believe that the man isn't above any criticism. It's like a cult.

I couldn't agree more Lisa.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 3479 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:14 - Mar 28 by WarwickHunt

A spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn said "Mr Corbyn is happy to commemorate all dead gunmen, not just the IRA ones".

"By honouring those trying to kill British people, Jeremy was simply trying to move the peace process forward"

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:49 - Mar 28 with 3478 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

Ah the old cult bollocks

It’s wearing thin
Along with everything else

“The Labour leader used to be accused of being unpopular — now he’s being criticised for how popular he’s become”

You and the rest of the culture club take a read

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/09/no-jeremy-corbyn-s-popularity-n

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:00 - Mar 28 with 3471 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:49 - Mar 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ah the old cult bollocks

It’s wearing thin

“The Labour leader used to be accused of being unpopular — now he’s being criticised for how popular he’s become”

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/09/no-jeremy-corbyn-s-popularity-n

I’m not in that club Tom I’ll be voting Labour to get the scum out though I do believe you’re missing the point.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:08 - Mar 28 with 3462 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:28 - Mar 28 by Darran

I never said he was.

Agreed, I was supporting your thoughts about him not being passive.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:12 - Mar 28 with 3457 viewsEbo

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:35 - Mar 28 by Darran

Darran you are mad fella. Seriously mixed up.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:17 - Mar 28 with 3445 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:12 - Mar 28 by Ebo

Darran you are mad fella. Seriously mixed up.

I’m so mad John that when I ask you what I’ve said that’s wrong you won’t answer.

What have I said that’s wrong John?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:20 - Mar 28 with 3439 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:45 - Mar 28 by Lohengrin

Lisa, you and I are of an identical age with the leadership of Momentum. We all came of an age and developed an interest in politics as the ‘80s progressed. Not the same interests and not in the same directions, granted, but how much of a bearing do you think that decade had/has on the attitudes you see being struck today?

As regards anti-semitism on the far-left the focus has been on Palestine. Moving some books about this morning I came across a copy of this and it has set me thinking....

Well Łansman is a good 10 years older than me, but I'd agree that a lot of this is shaped by the 80s and specifically Thatcher.

Entire generations can't look past what she did and their attitude to everything is coloured by the 'them and us' established during that period.

See Leanne Wood this week. 'I can't believe anything a Tory ever says'. It's simply ridiculous.

I personally believe that a lot of what is wrong with society now had its starting point with Thatcher. Specifics like the housing crisis, but also attitudinal issues - she encouraged a focus on the individual rather than the wider society. Her focus on enabling people who could do so, to amass wealth and 'stuff' has led many of those who did just that, to ignore the impact on those who could not, which has become hugely damaging. The disparity between those who 'have' and those who 'have not' is obscene. That can be traced back to her. That's resulted in the Brexit vote, which more than anything is a vote against those that are perceived to 'have it all' although ironically will largely affect those who most definitely do not.

The Uk is more divided now than anything I can remember, and that division can be traced back to the 80s, which is perhaps the most lasting sadness of all.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:41 - Mar 28 with 3420 viewstrampie

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:20 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

Well Łansman is a good 10 years older than me, but I'd agree that a lot of this is shaped by the 80s and specifically Thatcher.

Entire generations can't look past what she did and their attitude to everything is coloured by the 'them and us' established during that period.

See Leanne Wood this week. 'I can't believe anything a Tory ever says'. It's simply ridiculous.

I personally believe that a lot of what is wrong with society now had its starting point with Thatcher. Specifics like the housing crisis, but also attitudinal issues - she encouraged a focus on the individual rather than the wider society. Her focus on enabling people who could do so, to amass wealth and 'stuff' has led many of those who did just that, to ignore the impact on those who could not, which has become hugely damaging. The disparity between those who 'have' and those who 'have not' is obscene. That can be traced back to her. That's resulted in the Brexit vote, which more than anything is a vote against those that are perceived to 'have it all' although ironically will largely affect those who most definitely do not.

The Uk is more divided now than anything I can remember, and that division can be traced back to the 80s, which is perhaps the most lasting sadness of all.

Leanne doesn't trust them, I don't trust them either as well as many others.

The rest of your post I agree with, reading one of the boys posts on another site this morning who was throwing facts and figures around comparing 1984 to now and how the rich have got richer and the widening disparity in wealth over the last 4 decades.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:47 - Mar 28 with 3407 viewstrampie

Mrs Thatcher broke the post war consensus and our society in this country as a whole has gone downhill .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 3393 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:41 - Mar 28 by trampie

Leanne doesn't trust them, I don't trust them either as well as many others.

The rest of your post I agree with, reading one of the boys posts on another site this morning who was throwing facts and figures around comparing 1984 to now and how the rich have got richer and the widening disparity in wealth over the last 4 decades.

The reality Trampie, if you're honest about it, is that Leanne said what she said to get publicity.

If she had said she supported the government's actions, no one would have given her any attention.

She's ignored the effect on the whole in order to maximise the benefit for herself.

She is truly Thatcher's child.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 3391 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:49 - Mar 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ah the old cult bollocks

It’s wearing thin

Is he popular though? He has a group of a certain type of people who are hardcore fanatics but even most labour voters seem to think he's a f*cking idiot.

Genuinely believe a more competent leader with wider appeal would have wiped the floor with May in 17 given her shambolic, passive campaign. He had a good vote share which was largely made up of people deserting the other smaller parties in favour of an anti Tory vote. But the reality is he has more or less the same number of seats as Brown in 2010 and that election was seen as a disaster and Brown was never considered popular.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:20 - Mar 28 with 3363 viewstrampie

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:59 - Mar 28 by londonlisa2001

The reality Trampie, if you're honest about it, is that Leanne said what she said to get publicity.

If she had said she supported the government's actions, no one would have given her any attention.

She's ignored the effect on the whole in order to maximise the benefit for herself.

She is truly Thatcher's child.

She was interviewed at her parties conference, she said that Russia 'may well be' be behind the Salisbury attack, but that 'there's no evidence yet.'
Its only when she was pushed on it that she said 'I don't trust the Tories on anything, so I'm afraid I can't take the Prime Minister's word on this.'

So she did not go out of her way looking for publicity the press was at her parties conference and were going to be reporting on her and her party anyway, she said that it may well be the Russians but there is no evidence yet and then having answered she was then pushed yet again on the point, so yet again not looking for a headline, she like many others doesn't trust them, I don't trust them, they are Thatchers children after all and some of us remember Hillsborough and Orgreave and what went on in Ireland in Thatchers time when she was in charge of the country, its just not the economics of the country she changed for the worse it was the disingenuous way the Tories conducted themselves to manipulate public opinion and get their own way.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 00:04 - Mar 29 with 3275 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:20 - Mar 28 by trampie

She was interviewed at her parties conference, she said that Russia 'may well be' be behind the Salisbury attack, but that 'there's no evidence yet.'
Its only when she was pushed on it that she said 'I don't trust the Tories on anything, so I'm afraid I can't take the Prime Minister's word on this.'

So she did not go out of her way looking for publicity the press was at her parties conference and were going to be reporting on her and her party anyway, she said that it may well be the Russians but there is no evidence yet and then having answered she was then pushed yet again on the point, so yet again not looking for a headline, she like many others doesn't trust them, I don't trust them, they are Thatchers children after all and some of us remember Hillsborough and Orgreave and what went on in Ireland in Thatchers time when she was in charge of the country, its just not the economics of the country she changed for the worse it was the disingenuous way the Tories conducted themselves to manipulate public opinion and get their own way.

“what went on in Ireland”

When the manhood of the Welsh working class were serving in the Guards, RRW and RWF as the bombs were going off what did the stay-at-home left think was going on as they cowered?

[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 0:25]

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 08:03 - Mar 29 with 3227 viewstrampie

Just seen some pics of soldiers on the net hiding behind children out in Ireland and pics of the bogside massacre, not a great look unfortunately.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:01 - Mar 29 with 3190 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 08:03 - Mar 29 by trampie

Just seen some pics of soldiers on the net hiding behind children out in Ireland and pics of the bogside massacre, not a great look unfortunately.

The bastards, eh?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:48 - Mar 29 with 3167 viewstrampie

Makes one sick to the stomach.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 12:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024