Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windrush 14:34 - Apr 16 with 22633 viewslondonlisa2001

What an absolutely sickening episode in the life of this country the current issue with the so-called Windrush children is.

These people arrived here as kids, their parents answering a call for help, they've lived here for 50 years, worked, paid taxes and national insurance, brought up their own families, and are now being deported or threatened.

It is shameful.
Windrush on 14:48 - Apr 16 with 7149 viewsvetchonian

Spot on there Lisa
This country has gone insane as usual the easy targets become the vicitms.
All the illegals and those so called asylum seekers will remain unaffected whilst those who have contributed over the past 60 years or so are made to suffer.
Without their parents it is probably unlikely that the UK would have recovered so quickly following the war.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Windrush on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 7143 viewsDarran

You couldn’t make it up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Windrush on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 7110 viewsDippy

Windrush on 14:48 - Apr 16 by vetchonian

Spot on there Lisa
All the illegals and those so called asylum seekers will remain unaffected whilst those who have contributed over the past 60 years or so are made to suffer.
Without their parents it is probably unlikely that the UK would have recovered so quickly following the war.

Well.. blame the Labour party.. our objective wasn't to bomb civilians.. but the daft b*stards did.. didn't they.. that's why they're held in high priority amongst the Labour front benches.

But to have the audacity to use the refugees for financial gain.. just sums up the c*nts..

Country going down the f*cking pan.. because they're greedy, average, snide c*nts the lot of them.

Poll: Cooper Out

Windrush on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 7079 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well looks like done action is being taken, with an announcement in Parliament this afternoon. There are some cases already 'dealth with' that need review.

You have to question the common sense of those officials who are dealing with individual cases as well as the policy makers.

Unbelievable.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Windrush on 15:29 - Apr 16 with 7062 viewsFieryJack

Spot on there Lisa

And I have little doubt that the children of those you choose to call "so called asylum seekers" will be contributing to the UK economy for the next 60 years.

Admittedly, there are false asylum seekers (gleefully highlighted by the right wing rags) but I'd bet the majority (strangely absent from coverage in the right wing rags) are from hell holes like Syria.

Also, bear in mind that the Windrush generation, apparently now highly regarded, were viewed with the same suspicion, distaste and outright hatred that is aimed at immigrants today.
Windrush on 15:33 - Apr 16 with 7055 viewsDippy

Windrush on 15:29 - Apr 16 by FieryJack

And I have little doubt that the children of those you choose to call "so called asylum seekers" will be contributing to the UK economy for the next 60 years.

Admittedly, there are false asylum seekers (gleefully highlighted by the right wing rags) but I'd bet the majority (strangely absent from coverage in the right wing rags) are from hell holes like Syria.

Also, bear in mind that the Windrush generation, apparently now highly regarded, were viewed with the same suspicion, distaste and outright hatred that is aimed at immigrants today.

Nah.. there's a slight difference.. or a massive, huge difference.

Windrush on 15:43 - Apr 16 with 7042 viewsFieryJack

Windrush on 15:33 - Apr 16 by Dippy

Nah.. there's a slight difference.. or a massive, huge difference.

You'd do well to change your username, pal.

Dippy = Yorkshire slang for "thick" "dumb" "a bit slow on the uptake."

On second thoughts, keep it.
Windrush on 15:44 - Apr 16 with 7039 viewslondonlisa2001

Spot on there Lisa

Well I personally believe that the hostility shown to asylum seekers is also shameful.

They are similarly easy targets.

The contribution made to this country by the Windrush generation will be mirrored by the contribution made by the current asylum seekers and their descendants. Watch the video on the BBC Wales site of those little Syrian kids speaking Welsh to each other in Cardigan. And their Dad volunteering and joining the football club. It's brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

Windrush on 15:48 - Apr 16 with 7033 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Home Secretary just stood at the Commons despatch box and blatantly pinned the blame of the Home Office officials. Top leadership that. Dear god.

Poll: Tory leader

Windrush on 15:52 - Apr 16 with 7025 viewslondonlisa2001

Windrush on 15:48 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

The Home Secretary just stood at the Commons despatch box and blatantly pinned the blame of the Home Office officials. Top leadership that. Dear god.

The problem appears to be that a substantial portion of the blame should go to a previous Home Secretary, who unfortunately, is now her boss!

According to the minister, some have already been deported, but they don't know how many.

God help the EU citizens living here when they get round to dealing with them.

They couldn't run a bath.
Windrush on 15:53 - Apr 16 with 7020 viewslondonlisa2001

Windrush on 15:29 - Apr 16 by FieryJack

Sorry fieryjack, I'd responded before I saw this post so forgive the repetition.
Windrush on 16:00 - Apr 16 with 6994 viewsUxbridge

I really do worry about the direction this country is heading. They've done well to find a new low.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Windrush on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 6968 viewslondonlisa2001

Windrush on 16:00 - Apr 16 by Uxbridge

I really do worry about the direction this country is heading. They've done well to find a new low.

Yep. Leaving the EU to 'establish ourselves as a truly global nation, wrapping our arms around our trading partners throughout the world, free from the shackles of our European neighbours' looks more and more like a cover story for behaving like a bunch of petty, parochial, insular, small minded little bigots in thrall to the Daily Mail doesn't it.
Windrush on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 6943 viewsUxbridge

Windrush on 16:14 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

Yep. Leaving the EU to 'establish ourselves as a truly global nation, wrapping our arms around our trading partners throughout the world, free from the shackles of our European neighbours' looks more and more like a cover story for behaving like a bunch of petty, parochial, insular, small minded little bigots in thrall to the Daily Mail doesn't it.

That's all it ever was though, eh.

The Brexit debate showed exactly where the fault lines were. This is merely the logical progression. Unfortunately, I can only wonder if the Daily Mail is most representative news outlet of the views of the majority of the population, whether by design or simply by the fact most of the mainstream media has a right-wing bent and has driven the prevailing views in that direction. Either way, we're becoming a nasty country just like the nasty party governing us, and it depresses me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Windrush on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 6941 viewsDippy

Windrush on 15:43 - Apr 16 by FieryJack

You'd do well to change your username, pal.

Dippy = Yorkshire slang for "thick" "dumb" "a bit slow on the uptake."

On second thoughts, keep it.

Sorry for pointing out.. that we bombed innocent civilians. Really Dippy of me.

Windrush on 16:25 - Apr 16 with 6936 viewsDJack

Windrush on 16:14 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

In other words, modern Tory ideology...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Windrush on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 6928 viewsFieryJack

Windrush on 16:23 - Apr 16 by Dippy

Sorry for pointing out.. that we bombed innocent civilians. Really Dippy of me.

Think I might have lost the thread of your first post?

When & where did we bomb innocent civilians? (Apart from Dresden, Hamburg etc.)

Genuine question.
Windrush on 16:37 - Apr 16 with 6914 viewslondonlisa2001

Windrush on 16:25 - Apr 16 by DJack

In other words, modern Tory ideology...

I think Lammy was right when he said that lying down with the (right wing) rats covers the rest in fleas.

They need to stop pandering to the hateful elements of their party. A combination of being swayed by the opinions of the moronic bigots and being quite astoundingly incompetent is a toxic mixture.
Windrush on 16:45 - Apr 16 with 6893 viewsDJack

Windrush on 16:37 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

I think Lammy was right when he said that lying down with the (right wing) rats covers the rest in fleas.

They need to stop pandering to the hateful elements of their party. A combination of being swayed by the opinions of the moronic bigots and being quite astoundingly incompetent is a toxic mixture.

To my mind, for every Ken Clarke there's a hundred Jeremy Hunt's.

* emphasis is your own!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Windrush on 16:56 - Apr 16 with 6874 viewstrampie

Terrible way to treat people by our country.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Windrush on 17:07 - Apr 16 with 6855 viewsDippy

Windrush on 16:33 - Apr 16 by FieryJack

Think I might have lost the thread of your first post?

When & where did we bomb innocent civilians? (Apart from Dresden, Hamburg etc.)

Genuine question.

Iraq and Afghanistan.. I'm pretty sure people got killed who didn't follow the "let's kill everyone in the West rhetoric"..

Unless I'm living in some parallel universe.. where everyone was the enemy.

People died, who didn't deserve to die.. there's soldiers out there who wish they never even took part.

You can't really blame the soldiers in all honesty.. the enemy were having training camps of 11 year olds on how to wield grenades and blow themselves up.

Windrush on 17:09 - Apr 16 with 6851 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Windrush on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 6833 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Windrush on 17:09 - Apr 16 by Darran

Was a big influence on JJS

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Windrush on 17:40 - Apr 16 with 6797 viewsKilkennyjack

Tory scum.

The real message here, of course, is that you will never really be part of the UK.

David Lammy called it a day of National shame, and he is quitebcorrect.

The Maybot was Home Sec of course ...,

Beware of the Risen People

Windrush on 17:47 - Apr 16 with 6783 viewsvetchonian

Windrush on 15:44 - Apr 16 by londonlisa2001

Well I personally believe that the hostility shown to asylum seekers is also shameful.

They are similarly easy targets.

The contribution made to this country by the Windrush generation will be mirrored by the contribution made by the current asylum seekers and their descendants. Watch the video on the BBC Wales site of those little Syrian kids speaking Welsh to each other in Cardigan. And their Dad volunteering and joining the football club. It's brilliant.

Maybe I was alittle too general in my reply.....like all parts of life there is a minority who "spoil" things for the "good" majority.
I have no hostility to the "true" asylum seekers...and those who contribute to society.
Our problem as a country as we know is those running it have no clue....which ever party is in power...the last 30 years have been a disgace...and those in parliament believe this is still a "Great " nation!

Anyway I have broken a rule of mine never to discuss politics and worse than that Im doing it on a football forum!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024