Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... 21:27 - Apr 17 with 7125 viewsGowerjack

More musings from the Moz....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/17/morrissey-denounces-halal-meat-as-

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:30 - Apr 17 with 4256 viewslondonlisa2001

By 'card' you of course mean racist knobhead...
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:33 - Apr 17 with 4245 viewsGowerjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:30 - Apr 17 by londonlisa2001

He's a vegan though....

Plastic since 1974

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:40 - Apr 17 with 4229 viewsDarran

Where does he live these days?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:47 - Apr 17 with 4204 viewsGowerjack

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:40 - Apr 17 by Darran

Britton Ferry

Plastic since 1974

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:51 - Apr 17 with 4194 viewsDarran

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:47 - Apr 17 by Gowerjack

Britton Ferry

Sure it’s not The Gower?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:10 - Apr 18 with 4001 viewsWingstandwood

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:40 - Apr 17 by Darran

I'll do a random guess and say (for tax reasons?) the U.S.A? I guess it'll be the Californian West Coast just like that other self important paragon of self important hypocrisy the forever lecturing i.e. John 'Rotten' Lydon.

*Please Johnny Rotten* Stop going on about being working class what with your (for tax reasons?) U.S.A homes in Malibu/Sunset Boulevard and marriage to a German publishing heiress.

Argus!

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:50 - Apr 18 with 3978 viewsProfessor

I am/was a huge Fan of The Smiths but can’t bear Morrissey or much of his solo output. Halal is a n easy target for the rabid right but the truth is often it is no worse than conventional slaughter. It is all a bit grim and horrible.
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:10 - Apr 18 with 3964 viewsLohengrin

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:50 - Apr 18 by Professor

I am/was a huge Fan of The Smiths but can’t bear Morrissey or much of his solo output. Halal is a n easy target for the rabid right but the truth is often it is no worse than conventional slaughter. It is all a bit grim and horrible.

”Halal is an easy target for the rabid right”

I had a chuckle at that, Prof. My student-leftie daughter and her gaggle of naive, starry-eyed chums would give it to you with both barrels if you were to say that any form of ritual slaughter was anything other than repellent.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:28 - Apr 18 with 3941 viewsProfessor

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:10 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

”Halal is an easy target for the rabid right”

I had a chuckle at that, Prof. My student-leftie daughter and her gaggle of naive, starry-eyed chums would give it to you with both barrels if you were to say that any form of ritual slaughter was anything other than repellent.

And indeed ‘loony left’ sir, you are correct. Certainly for chickens (which is my thing), the halal processs of killing the animal is no worse than conventional. The point I was trying to make is that targeting Muslims for halal is just nasty and wrong whatever your political view. Groups like ‘Britain First’ have been stirring it up as religious-sponsored cruelty. Not seen it from the other side personally but sure there are plenty of examples out there
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 3910 viewsLohengrin

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:28 - Apr 18 by Professor

And indeed ‘loony left’ sir, you are correct. Certainly for chickens (which is my thing), the halal processs of killing the animal is no worse than conventional. The point I was trying to make is that targeting Muslims for halal is just nasty and wrong whatever your political view. Groups like ‘Britain First’ have been stirring it up as religious-sponsored cruelty. Not seen it from the other side personally but sure there are plenty of examples out there

I doubt my girl and co. would give any consideration to the religious aspect. It would just be ‘cruel,’ and ‘cruel’ is never necessary full stop.

C’mon Prof, where have you been? Don’t you know that all the ugliness of the world can be obviated by attendance at two or three Summer festivals and affecting an air of all-round ‘niceness?’ You must be some sort of ageing, Eurocentric reactionary like me.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 13:00 - Apr 18 with 3905 viewsPapaLazarou

It's spelled Steven...

I'm amazed anybody still pays attention to what he says in his interviews to be honest with you...
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 13:10 - Apr 18 with 3894 viewsLohengrin

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 13:00 - Apr 18 by PapaLazarou

It's spelled Steven...

I'm amazed anybody still pays attention to what he says in his interviews to be honest with you...

You know why. Never my cup of tea but there are plenty around my age who will still have an interest in him because he played a big part in their youth or student life when he did this....

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 16:58 - Apr 18 with 3809 viewsDafyddHuw

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:58 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

I doubt my girl and co. would give any consideration to the religious aspect. It would just be ‘cruel,’ and ‘cruel’ is never necessary full stop.

C’mon Prof, where have you been? Don’t you know that all the ugliness of the world can be obviated by attendance at two or three Summer festivals and affecting an air of all-round ‘niceness?’ You must be some sort of ageing, Eurocentric reactionary like me.

Your 1st 2 sentences. Sounds like your daughter has worked it out splendidly.
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 17:13 - Apr 18 with 3795 viewsLohengrin

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 16:58 - Apr 18 by DafyddHuw

Your 1st 2 sentences. Sounds like your daughter has worked it out splendidly.

Ha! I’m seeing her this weekend, I’ll pass it on.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 17:52 - Apr 18 with 3770 viewsDafyddHuw

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 17:13 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

Ha! I’m seeing her this weekend, I’ll pass it on.

She probably got there in spite of you rather than.....(banter emoji)
Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 01:51 - Apr 19 with 3664 viewsKerouac

I have always liked him and his music.
The Smiths were sublime.

I like that he thinks things through and follows on to logical conclusions.
I like that he is brave enough to say what he thinks..
and I like that he really couldn't give less of a f*ck about what people think.
Especially the kind of people that can be observed on this thread screaming "wacist".

If you are a vegetarian, eating meat is disgusting...therefore Halal slaughter is one more layer to hate, evil even.
If you hate religion, Islam is going to be the one who provokes your ire most, given it's nature and rapid growth.

Tell me. Why on earth shouldn't he be disgusted by the rise of Islam in the UK as a homosexual man?

Why shouldn't he point out that language is important and criticise politicians for their misuse of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:12 - Apr 19 with 3577 viewsEbo

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 21:30 - Apr 17 by londonlisa2001

I was reading a Tweet by Marc Riley a while ago reflecting on the last outburst by Mozzer. He said I'm surprised that people are surprised by Mozzer's political leanings, it's been there for decades, i have seen it first hand.

Shame really as I loved the Smiths and I do like Morrisseys current band. It's tainted it somewhat now though.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 11:15]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:14 - Apr 19 with 3572 viewsEbo

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 13:10 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

You know why. Never my cup of tea but there are plenty around my age who will still have an interest in him because he played a big part in their youth or student life when he did this....

Did you ever once sport a 'Flat top' Loh?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:17 - Apr 19 with 3563 viewsDarran

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:14 - Apr 19 by Ebo

Did you ever once sport a 'Flat top' Loh?

Still does.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 3552 viewsDarran

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 01:51 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

I have always liked him and his music.
The Smiths were sublime.

I like that he thinks things through and follows on to logical conclusions.
I like that he is brave enough to say what he thinks..
and I like that he really couldn't give less of a f*ck about what people think.
Especially the kind of people that can be observed on this thread screaming "wacist".

If you are a vegetarian, eating meat is disgusting...therefore Halal slaughter is one more layer to hate, evil even.
If you hate religion, Islam is going to be the one who provokes your ire most, given it's nature and rapid growth.

Tell me. Why on earth shouldn't he be disgusted by the rise of Islam in the UK as a homosexual man?

Why shouldn't he point out that language is important and criticise politicians for their misuse of it?

You missed the bit about him having a go at British politics whilst living in tax exile in sunny Los Angeles then?
It reminds me a bit of that staunch supporter of Scottish independence Sean Connery who always likes to stick his oar in whilst sitting in his Barbados mansion.
Or even Ringo Starr who’s had his say on Brexit whilst living in luxury in Monaco.
All fuçking idiots and Morrissey is racist prick too.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:30 - Apr 19 with 3546 viewsKerouac

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:26 - Apr 19 by Darran

You missed the bit about him having a go at British politics whilst living in tax exile in sunny Los Angeles then?
It reminds me a bit of that staunch supporter of Scottish independence Sean Connery who always likes to stick his oar in whilst sitting in his Barbados mansion.
Or even Ringo Starr who’s had his say on Brexit whilst living in luxury in Monaco.

So it is fine for Islam to preach hatred against homosexuals but if one of them says he is not fussed on Islam he is a racist.
I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 3545 viewsEbo

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:26 - Apr 19 by Darran

I agree and i get flabbergasted when ex-pats who don't and will never vote start mouthing off opinions. They left the country and therefore by refusing to participate in any elections they have barred themselves from any legitimate, democratic voice.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:35 - Apr 19 with 3543 viewsDarran

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:30 - Apr 19 by Kerouac

So it is fine for Islam to preach hatred against homosexuals but if one of them says he is not fussed on Islam he is a racist.
I see.

No it’s not but I’d imagine ‘For Britain’ love homosexuals eh?

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:50 - Apr 19 with 3534 viewsEbo

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:35 - Apr 19 by Darran

No it’s not but I’d imagine ‘For Britain’ love homosexuals eh?

It is ironic isn't it? He is throwing his hat in with a far right party who put homosexuality in the same bracket as being of a non christian faith.

He has never 'come out' so to speak and has never denied or confirmed his sexuality.

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 12:00 - Apr 19 with 3526 viewslondonlisa2001

Stephen Morrissey - What a card..... on 11:50 - Apr 19 by Ebo

It is ironic isn't it? He is throwing his hat in with a far right party who put homosexuality in the same bracket as being of a non christian faith.

He has never 'come out' so to speak and has never denied or confirmed his sexuality.

The Å‚eader of For Britain is the woman who was beaten by Henry Bolton isn't it in the UKIP leadership election? If so, she is gay.

But being gay (and Morrissey always declares he is not), doesn't change the fact that he is a racist knobhead.

He's not anti Moslem because of sexuality, same as he isn't anti Chinese because of animal rights or anti Sadiq Khan because he doesn't like his London accent, he's a racist, full stop. Always has been.

He's also always been completely up his own backside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024