Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke 11:52 - Apr 30 with 6262 viewsjack247

Effectively gone if they don’t win on the weekend. With us playing Southampton next week, they wouldn’t be able to catch both of us.

Would make the game against them a lot easier if we’re still battling it out with Southampton and/or Huddersfield
Stoke on 12:02 - Apr 30 with 4336 viewsOldjack

We need to ditch this crap 5 at the back routine ,it's killing us ,attack mode from here on in and that especially includes the Bournemouth game

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stoke on 12:04 - Apr 30 with 4330 viewssainthelens

Stoke on 12:02 - Apr 30 by Oldjack

We need to ditch this crap 5 at the back routine ,it's killing us ,attack mode from here on in and that especially includes the Bournemouth game

Agreed, better to die trying than wondering.
Stoke on 12:15 - Apr 30 with 4293 viewsjack247

Did you post that on the wrong thread? It was about Stoke having nothing to play for on the last day if they don’t beat Palace.

Either way, 532 isn’t negative in itself, it can be quite attacking, but that requires the wingbacks to play as wingbacks rather than fullbacks. We’ve had a tendency to play them too deep in away games IMO.
Stoke on 12:20 - Apr 30 with 4277 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stoke on 12:15 - Apr 30 by jack247

Did you post that on the wrong thread? It was about Stoke having nothing to play for on the last day if they don’t beat Palace.

Either way, 532 isn’t negative in itself, it can be quite attacking, but that requires the wingbacks to play as wingbacks rather than fullbacks. We’ve had a tendency to play them too deep in away games IMO.

Indeed.

With the right players at wing back it's a very attacking formation and is often referred to as three at the back.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stoke on 12:22 - Apr 30 with 4272 viewsOldjack

Stoke on 12:15 - Apr 30 by jack247

fuk Stoke ,i'm only interested in us not fuking this last chance up!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stoke on 12:45 - Apr 30 with 4197 viewspencoedjack

Stoke would love to send us down.

They hate the Welsh ( with the exception of Joey I presume)
Stoke on 12:47 - Apr 30 with 4182 viewsjack247

Stoke on 12:45 - Apr 30 by pencoedjack

The fans might, the players couldn’t care less.

Our last game gets a lot easier if they don’t beat Palace
Stoke on 12:51 - Apr 30 with 4156 viewsNeath_Jack

I was out with a couple of Stoke fans on Friday, they are resigned to going down.

Contrary to the myths on here, they don't give a f*ck about us, one way or the other. They are no different to our fans singing anti english stuff. Us being Welsh is just an element for them to have a go at us for. They do hate cardiff mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke on 12:53 - Apr 30 with 4151 viewssainthelens

If there's a god, we will be safe and relegate the kunts. Bye bye...to the rugby team.
Stoke on 12:55 - Apr 30 with 4136 viewsjack247

Stoke on 12:53 - Apr 30 by sainthelens

If there's a god, we will be safe and relegate the kunts. Bye bye...to the rugby team.

I don’t think it can work out like that (may be wrong).

As far as I see it, if we are already safe by then, they are already gone.
Stoke on 12:56 - Apr 30 with 4131 viewspencoedjack

Stoke on 12:53 - Apr 30 by sainthelens

Id imagine Stoke will already be gone mate

That last place is out of us Saints & Huddersfield IMO.

I'm hoping for a happy train trip home from Bournemouth Saturday
Stoke on 12:59 - Apr 30 with 4116 viewssainthelens

Stoke on 12:55 - Apr 30 by jack247

I don’t think it can work out like that (may be wrong).

As far as I see it, if we are already safe by then, they are already gone.

I think if they beat Palace and we only pick up a point before we play em....it's all on that. With eyes on Huddersfield/Saints games.
Stoke on 12:59 - Apr 30 with 4114 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They liked Pulis for a long time.

Robbie James, John Mahoney and Mickey Thomas too.

Stoke on 13:04 - Apr 30 with 4099 viewsjack247

Stoke on 12:59 - Apr 30 by sainthelens

I think if they beat Palace and we only pick up a point before we play em....it's all on that. With eyes on Huddersfield/Saints games.

It could easily be a ‘cup final’. I read your post as us being safe going into the game
Stoke on 14:43 - Apr 30 with 3915 viewsthornabyswan

Stoke on 12:47 - Apr 30 by jack247

The fans might, the players couldn’t care less.

Our last game gets a lot easier if they don’t beat Palace

They will beat Palace could have done with Leicester getting something at Palace to keep them interested..

We need to be on 36 points before we play Stoke unless they batter us last game then won't be able to catch us.
They maybe able to catch Southampton or Huddersfield though if they don't get to 36 before the final day.
Huddersfield have City and Chelsea away so will likely still be on 35.
I fancy Southampton to get at least a point at Everton our game against Southampton is our biggest since we got to the PL I think.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Stoke on 14:48 - Apr 30 with 3893 viewsPhil_S

You do realise that five at the back isn't always a defensive line up I assume?
Stoke on 15:25 - Apr 30 with 3800 viewsThornburyswan

I'm fine with the 5 at the back, plays to what limited strengths we have but when (particularly at the Liberty) on top of the 5 we add Ki, King & either Clucas or Carroll in the middle 3 we are left with 2 possible goal scorers - once we then go behind it's like climbing Everest with our legs tide together & wearing a blindfold!!

If we stick with the 5 at Bournemouth we need to be more positive further forward - I know that's very difficult with our squad but we need to favour both Ayews, Tammy, Narsingh & Dyer (at least 3 of those starting) with maybe Clucas & King in central roles.
Stoke on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 3765 viewsjack247

Stoke on 14:43 - Apr 30 by thornabyswan

They will beat Palace could have done with Leicester getting something at Palace to keep them interested..

We need to be on 36 points before we play Stoke unless they batter us last game then won't be able to catch us.
They maybe able to catch Southampton or Huddersfield though if they don't get to 36 before the final day.
Huddersfield have City and Chelsea away so will likely still be on 35.
I fancy Southampton to get at least a point at Everton our game against Southampton is our biggest since we got to the PL I think.

They don’t beat many teams mind
Stoke on 16:00 - Apr 30 with 3692 viewsOldjack

Stoke on 14:48 - Apr 30 by Phil_S

You do realise that five at the back isn't always a defensive line up I assume?

it is when we play it

Stoke on 16:49 - Apr 30 with 3606 viewsOldjack

Stoke on 15:25 - Apr 30 by Thornburyswan

I'm fine with the 5 at the back, plays to what limited strengths we have but when (particularly at the Liberty) on top of the 5 we add Ki, King & either Clucas or Carroll in the middle 3 we are left with 2 possible goal scorers - once we then go behind it's like climbing Everest with our legs tide together & wearing a blindfold!!

If we stick with the 5 at Bournemouth we need to be more positive further forward - I know that's very difficult with our squad but we need to favour both Ayews, Tammy, Narsingh & Dyer (at least 3 of those starting) with maybe Clucas & King in central roles.

to play 5 at the back and look half tidy going forward we need speedy fullbacks ,confused .com,It's a formation that will always struggle to get goals unless you have that vital ingredient ,as we've already found out this season,it's Bournemouth not Man c

Stoke on 16:51 - Apr 30 with 3598 viewsjack247

Stoke on 16:49 - Apr 30 by Oldjack

to play 5 at the back and look half tidy going forward we need speedy fullbacks ,confused .com,It's a formation that will always struggle to get goals unless you have that vital ingredient ,as we've already found out this season,it's Bournemouth not Man c

We’ve played 5 at the back, invariably with Naughton and Olsson in almost every game under Carlos
Stoke on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 3579 viewsOldjack

Stoke on 16:51 - Apr 30 by jack247

We’ve played 5 at the back, invariably with Naughton and Olsson in almost every game under Carlos

aye, that's one of the main reasons we are where we are,there's fuk all speedy about Naughton and Olsson ,if he plays this crap formation against Bournemouth i for one will be very disappointed

Stoke on 16:58 - Apr 30 with 3564 viewsjack247

Stoke on 16:55 - Apr 30 by Oldjack

aye, that's one of the main reasons we are where we are,there's fuk all speedy about Naughton and Olsson ,if he plays this crap formation against Bournemouth i for one will be very disappointed

Well no, he’s been here half a season. If he’d been here since August and got the same number of points per game we’d be nowhere near danger
Stoke on 16:59 - Apr 30 with 3562 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stoke on 16:51 - Apr 30 by jack247

Indeed. We scored 4 against West Ham and 3 against Arsenal when playing 5 at the back.

If we can get the right players to play wing back in the summer it’s the way to go in my opinion. It becomes 3 5 2 when we have the ball and can be very attacking.

Stoke on 17:06 - Apr 30 with 3542 viewsOldjack

Stoke on 16:58 - Apr 30 by jack247

Well no, he’s been here half a season. If he’d been here since August and got the same number of points per game we’d be nowhere near danger

Hindsight ,plus i'd have given up on them a long time ago ,It's horrible to watch and most certainly not entertaining for any fan ,IF we stay in the prem Carlos will morph into another Clem and then another shyte season beckons ,I can't take much more of this hideous style of footy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024