Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Oliver BOGOF 13:49 - May 1 with 7652 viewsFlashberryjack

Wants to ban BOGOF.
I think he should stick to cooking, and keep his f*cking beak out of what other people do.
What do you lot think ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:12 - May 1 with 1684 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:06 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

My Mum's was pretty empty to be honest. Far emptier than mine is, even though I aim to NEVER throw food away. Mine just has a lot of empty bottles in it...

" Mine just has a lot of empty bottles in it"

Ditto

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:19 - May 1 with 1675 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:03 - May 1 by Jackfath

Many children are taught how to cook in school.

Only been reintroduced in the last couple of years hasn't it? Certainly in England - no idea whether Wales is the same?

And it's the budgeting side of things that's an important part as well. Hopefully the whole lot will start to be covered properly. Because the number of times you see or hear people saying healthy food is expensive is ridiculous. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying ready meals or McDonalds type stuff.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:22 - May 1 with 1672 viewsJackfath

http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:28 - May 1 with 1661 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:22 - May 1 by Jackfath

http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/

But can he make a good pot of Cawl?

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:45 - May 1 with 1633 viewsAmbergambler

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:28 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

I can make a really good vegetarian cawl
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:48 - May 1 with 1628 viewsLoyal

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:28 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

Porth ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:52 - May 1 with 1620 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:45 - May 1 by Ambergambler

That's not Cawl, that's vegetable soup mun

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:00 - May 1 with 1614 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:45 - May 1 by Ambergambler

What do you use instead of lamb?
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:14 - May 1 with 1604 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:00 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

Any meat that's on BOGOF (except pork)

Seriously, Beef Brisket or Shin is rather nice.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:17 - May 1 with 1598 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:14 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

Any meat that's on BOGOF (except pork)

Seriously, Beef Brisket or Shin is rather nice.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't meet the vegetarian definition..,

If I'm making one with meat I like lamb in it!

Shin is good in any stew or casserole though I agree.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:27 - May 1 with 1589 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:17 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

I'm pretty sure that doesn't meet the vegetarian definition..,

If I'm making one with meat I like lamb in it!

Shin is good in any stew or casserole though I agree.

I don't do Vegetarian.

We prefer Lamb as well, (and it is more traditional) but Beef is a good alternative.
Just bung loads of Leek in it, and it magically transforms it from being a stew or casserole into Cawl.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:35 - May 1 with 1578 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:27 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

I don't do Vegetarian.

We prefer Lamb as well, (and it is more traditional) but Beef is a good alternative.
Just bung loads of Leek in it, and it magically transforms it from being a stew or casserole into Cawl.

He said he did a good veggie version. I'd like one as an alternative! Just wondered if anything went in rather than lamb or just use the usual veg.

I like veggie soup with parsnips, swede, carrots, potatoes, leeks, onions, stock. Make it a lot in winter. Lovely.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:42 - May 1 with 1569 viewsAmbergambler

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:52 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

That's not Cawl, that's vegetable soup mun

Well I think of it as cawl.

My mother used to make the traditional cawl with lamb but I found it too greasy so I
started making it without the lamb.

It is vegetable soup but made with lentils and split peas and lots of leeks - cawl!
[Post edited 1 May 2018 19:45]
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:45 - May 1 with 1563 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:35 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

He said he did a good veggie version. I'd like one as an alternative! Just wondered if anything went in rather than lamb or just use the usual veg.

I like veggie soup with parsnips, swede, carrots, potatoes, leeks, onions, stock. Make it a lot in winter. Lovely.

We only do Cawl with meat, anything else is vegetable soup

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:48 - May 1 with 1561 viewslondonlisa2001

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:42 - May 1 by Ambergambler

My mother used to make the traditional cawl with lamb but I found it too greasy so I

It is vegetable soup but made with lentils and split peas and lots of leeks - cawl!

Red lentils or green?
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:53 - May 1 with 1549 viewsAmbergambler

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:35 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

I use a pressure cooker to blast the red lentils and split peas then add all those veg you mentioned (lots of leeks), some parsley and Knorr veggy stock cube.

Add more parley when you serve and it's delicious. You can vary the thickness by the amount of split peas used.

I'm not vegetarian, just try not to eat too much red meat.
Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 20:02 - May 1 with 1536 viewsFlashberryjack

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:42 - May 1 by Ambergambler

We bring the Lamb to the boil with chopped onions, then simmer for a few hours the day before.
The following morning when it's cold, remove the meat along with all the fat.

Boil all the vegetables in a light stock until they are just about cooked, then add the leeks and potatoes then the roughly cut meat and finish off with a good handful of parsley.

Not greasy or fatty at all.

Hello

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 20:56 - May 1 with 1515 viewsSTID2017

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 14:45 - May 1 by Highjack

No the cause of the food waste as ever is the stupidity of people who don’t have the basic common sense to not throw the food out one minute past it’s use by date even though it’s perfectly safe to eat for a long time after. Also they could freeze it.

Mixture really.
I certainly agree that many consumers waste food rather than using common sense.
However the BOGOF and overstocking of shelves in major supermarkets is also to blame.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 20:59 - May 1 with 1513 viewsSTID2017

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 18:19 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

Only been reintroduced in the last couple of years hasn't it? Certainly in England - no idea whether Wales is the same?

And it's the budgeting side of things that's an important part as well. Hopefully the whole lot will start to be covered properly. Because the number of times you see or hear people saying healthy food is expensive is ridiculous. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying ready meals or McDonalds type stuff.

Our girl went to a cookery lesson recently in school.
Stir -fry.
All out of packets, throw in a frying pan, teaches them nothing about preperation

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 23:07 - May 1 with 1478 viewsJackfath

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 20:59 - May 1 by STID2017

Our girl went to a cookery lesson recently in school.
Stir -fry.
All out of packets, throw in a frying pan, teaches them nothing about preperation

How long was the lesson and is there a better way for the teacher to deliver this to the class I wonder? What are your thoughts?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 23:46 - May 1 with 1465 viewstheloneranger

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 19:00 - May 1 by londonlisa2001

Vegetable Cawl

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/41103/vegetarian-cawl----by-saligi.aspx

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 00:00 - May 2 with 1459 viewsLord_Bony

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 20:02 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

We bring the Lamb to the boil with chopped onions, then simmer for a few hours the day before.
The following morning when it's cold, remove the meat along with all the fat.

Boil all the vegetables in a light stock until they are just about cooked, then add the leeks and potatoes then the roughly cut meat and finish off with a good handful of parsley.

Not greasy or fatty at all.

Feck me!

You are Jamie Oliver and I claim my free lamb cawl.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 07:10 - May 2 with 1412 viewsSTID2017

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 23:07 - May 1 by Jackfath

How long was the lesson and is there a better way for the teacher to deliver this to the class I wonder? What are your thoughts?

My wife used to have domestic lessons in the same school (different era of course)
Her lessons were about 2 hous during which time apart from preparing all the ingredients from scratch and make the dish properly (e.g. mix pastry using ingredients), they'd have to wash all their work surfaces and wash all the dishes after.
Now the lesson is about 30 minutes, the children went 15 minutes early to prepare using ready prepared ingredients (we made her do some at home, but most kids just went to Tescos and bought them off the shelf, if pastry they use the ready rolled packets, etc) then at the end of the lessons, they leave the area and dishes to be cleaned by staff.
No time to reach real skills, yet things that with the best will in the world are not going to help my girls (Welsh, Spanish, Literature) are taught properly.
There is a certain group of kids for whom education should be more about life skills, not about 1066, Shakespeare, etc. I am an advocate of free education for the masses, but it has to be better tailored.
My wife, needless to say, is a brilliant cook (evident by my ever growing belly!) whilst I fear for the children when they grow up.
My nephew who is 30 and married with two children, has a beautiful double oven etc which he has never used in four years. Always eats out (him, the wife and kids) then complains he hs no money !
Is that what the future is going to be?
[Post edited 2 May 2018 7:17]

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 07:12 - May 2 with 1410 viewsJackfath

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 07:10 - May 2 by STID2017

My wife used to have domestic lessons in the same school (different era of course)
Her lessons were about 2 hous during which time apart from preparing all the ingredients from scratch and make the dish properly (e.g. mix pastry using ingredients), they'd have to wash all their work surfaces and wash all the dishes after.
Now the lesson is about 30 minutes, the children went 15 minutes early to prepare using ready prepared ingredients (we made her do some at home, but most kids just went to Tescos and bought them off the shelf, if pastry they use the ready rolled packets, etc) then at the end of the lessons, they leave the area and dishes to be cleaned by staff.
No time to reach real skills, yet things that with the best will in the world are not going to help my girls (Welsh, Spanish, Literature) are taught properly.
There is a certain group of kids for whom education should be more about life skills, not about 1066, Shakespeare, etc. I am an advocate of free education for the masses, but it has to be better tailored.
My wife, needless to say, is a brilliant cook (evident by my ever growing belly!) whilst I fear for the children when they grow up.
My nephew who is 30 and married with two children, has a beautiful double oven etc which he has never used in four years. Always eats out (him, the wife and kids) then complains he hs no money !
Is that what the future is going to be?
[Post edited 2 May 2018 7:17]

You didn’t answer my question.

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 07:22 - May 2 with 1408 viewsSTID2017

Jamie Oliver BOGOF on 07:12 - May 2 by Jackfath

You didn’t answer my question.

Lesson was 30 minutes and a better way would be to wind the clock back and have two hour lessons where all kids (boys and girls ) are taught all domestic skills, including preparing dishes from scratch and preparing before and after (cleaning dishes etc).
All kids need lessons in domestic skills

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024