Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leanne is stepping down. 18:52 - Jun 13 with 8202 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 1671 viewstrampie

Leanne is stepping down. on 08:37 - Jun 14 by swan65split

Plaid Cymru leader Leanne Wood to quit after election if not FM

not read it, but if thats her attitude she shouldnt be in polotics.

She has basically been in the game all her adult life, she is non stop meetings, surgeries, media duties, canvassing, promoting and leading Plaid [that is not always the case that other politicians are involved so young].
She will have been nearly a decade in charge come 2021, if Labour fail to get a majority in the next Assembly elections and then everyone else other than Labour might vote to put her as first minister which would be huge for Plaid going forward.
If after a decade as leader that does not happen it would be fair enough for her to step aside, she is well supported and if she stands in a leadership contest she would probably be favourite to win, so she is taking the best course of action as after 9 years and not being first minister it might be better for someone else to have a go, yet the membership might not want someone else over her in a vote.
What she has said is the best course of action going forward for her party.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:40]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:39 - Jun 14 with 1657 viewsItchySphincter

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:27 - Jun 14 by trampie

She has basically been in the game all her adult life, she is non stop meetings, surgeries, media duties, canvassing, promoting and leading Plaid [that is not always the case that other politicians are involved so young].
She will have been nearly a decade in charge come 2021, if Labour fail to get a majority in the next Assembly elections and then everyone else other than Labour might vote to put her as first minister which would be huge for Plaid going forward.
If after a decade as leader that does not happen it would be fair enough for her to step aside, she is well supported and if she stands in a leadership contest she would probably be favourite to win, so she is taking the best course of action as after 9 years and not being first minister it might be better for someone else to have a go, yet the membership might not want someone else over her in a vote.

She’s achieved the grand total of f*ck all. Couldn’t even persuade her nation to stay in Europe.

Career politician. Failed.

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:41 - Jun 14 with 1652 viewstrampie

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:39 - Jun 14 by ItchySphincter

She’s achieved the grand total of f*ck all. Couldn’t even persuade her nation to stay in Europe.

Career politician. Failed.

She is a conviction politician, one of the very few about, she is for real.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:44 - Jun 14 with 1645 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:27 - Jun 14 by trampie

A coalition with the Tories and UKIP? That would be interesting to say the least.

I would have thought that in that unlikeliest of events the party with the most Ams would nominate the leader so she needs to overtake the Tories for a start.

It's a measure of her failure that the Tories and UKIP have 17 AMs between them and Plaid only have 10.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Leanne is stepping down. on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 1626 viewsmoonie

She is an utter irrelevance apart from sentimental inward looking England haters .
Leanne is stepping down. on 11:29 - Jun 14 with 1616 viewsItchySphincter

Leanne is stepping down. on 11:05 - Jun 14 by moonie

She is an utter irrelevance apart from sentimental inward looking England haters .

She pro Europe you nincompoop.

Leanne is stepping down. on 11:33 - Jun 14 with 1611 viewstrampie

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:44 - Jun 14 by Joe_bradshaw

A coalition with the Tories and UKIP? That would be interesting to say the least.

I would have thought that in that unlikeliest of events the party with the most Ams would nominate the leader so she needs to overtake the Tories for a start.

It's a measure of her failure that the Tories and UKIP have 17 AMs between them and Plaid only have 10.

They nominate a first minister, i'm not talking about a coalition just the first minister position, she nearly got the post the last time round, the Lib-Dem [to my mild surprise] went with Carwyn.

Leanne is stepping down. on 20:09 - Jun 14 with 1538 viewstrampie

Some people in Plaid want a leadership debate, 3 AM's neither of whom are prepared to stand are asking others to stand as they see a leadership debate as a good thing, either Leanne is still #1 or somebody else gets backed and has a go, they see it as a win win situation.
Apparently pressure is being put on Adam Price to put his name forward, it seems to me that he has always been a supporter of Leanne, I would prefer Leanne continues until 2021 and then Adam Price gets the job, I would not like to see them being pressured into a leadership contest against each other, nothing wrong with that, but I feel that would be a pity, another possible front runner might be Rhun ap Iorwerth.

Login to get fewer ads

Leanne is stepping down. on 20:11 - Jun 14 with 1531 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Leanne is stepping down. on 11:29 - Jun 14 by ItchySphincter

She pro Europe you nincompoop.

SSSHHHH dont spoil it for him

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Leanne is stepping down. on 20:43 - Jun 14 with 1507 viewsmoonie

Nin what?

Why is she pro EU?

It's so Wales could be subsidised as England does now .

Remove England from Wales and you're left with abject poverty and a broken land with nothing but sentimental garbage from the likes of trampie ,so utterly dismissive of anything outside Wales .

In the grand scheme of thing Wales is pretty much irrelevant . It hurts I know but better a friend tell you
Leanne is stepping down. on 20:59 - Jun 14 with 1497 viewsUxbridge

Leanne is stepping down. on 10:10 - Jun 14 by moonie

Good to see Uxbridge contributing again .

Don't forget I live opposite the place . Moreover me and family members are regular visitors . I ve worked there .

Predicable responses but nice to see Andrew G back

Thank you Rich. I dip in and out. Hope all is well with you and yours.

In the interests of full disclosure, I had similar preconceptions (maybe prejudices). They were sorted pretty quickly. Harlech and Beddgelert were great, Caernarfon castle and the Royal Welsh museum in particular is mandatory attendance IMO, lots of outdoorsy stuff, some utterly stunning scenery (did I mention Beddgelert? That's an utterly stunning village). Locals were friendly in my experience but then I'm the only monoglot in the family so maybe we got away with it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leanne is stepping down. on 21:03 - Jun 14 with 1490 viewsmoonie

Fine here touch wood.

I spent a month in Bangor
Leanne is stepping down. on 21:45 - Jun 14 with 1463 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne is stepping down. on 20:43 - Jun 14 by moonie

Nin what?

Why is she pro EU?

It's so Wales could be subsidised as England does now .

Remove England from Wales and you're left with abject poverty and a broken land with nothing but sentimental garbage from the likes of trampie ,so utterly dismissive of anything outside Wales .

In the grand scheme of thing Wales is pretty much irrelevant . It hurts I know but better a friend tell you

Richest region - London
Poorest region - West Wales

Thanks Westminster. Enjoy your stolen wealth.
How dare we complain, eh ?

This is why the EU gave Wales funds to address this historic robbery. 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Leanne is stepping down. on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1454 viewsdickythorpe

Adam Price's gig surely? He'll ruffle that Cardiff-centric crap
Leanne is stepping down. on 22:00 - Jun 14 with 1448 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne is stepping down. on 21:55 - Jun 14 by dickythorpe

Adam Price's gig surely? He'll ruffle that Cardiff-centric crap

Complacent Carwyn's Cardiff mob need a large kick up the rear.

Only Plaid can do it.

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:28 - Jun 14 with 1417 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne ripping it up on Question Time tonight. Respect is due ✊🏾.

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:31 - Jun 14 with 1417 viewsjack_lord

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:28 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Sorry K, but she looks so out of place there

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:44 - Jun 14 with 1410 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:28 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

She’s actually coming across as a clown with stupid pro EU comments yet she wants people who voted out to vote for her. She’s really not very good at this politics lark
Leanne is stepping down. on 23:51 - Jun 14 with 1398 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:44 - Jun 14 by FerrisBuellerJB

She’s actually coming across as a clown with stupid pro EU comments yet she wants people who voted out to vote for her. She’s really not very good at this politics lark

Opinions are like bumholes, everybody has got one.

Leanne was terrific imho. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿✊🏾

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:56 - Jun 14 with 1393 viewstrampie

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:44 - Jun 14 by FerrisBuellerJB

Virtually half the population in Wales voted remain, if all those people vote for Plaid because they were pro remain then Plaid will win the next Assembly election.

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:59 - Jun 14 with 1386 viewstrampie

I think the audience in the hall liked Leanne, she seemed to get the biggest applause.

Leanne is stepping down. on 00:18 - Jun 15 with 1362 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:59 - Jun 14 by trampie

I think the audience in the hall liked Leanne, she seemed to get the biggest applause.

100 per cent.

We love the Red Republican Rhondda Rebel.
Well done Mrs Wood.

Leanne is stepping down. on 01:32 - Jun 15 with 1341 viewsBarrySwan

Leanne Wood = National embarrassment

Cringeworthy comment of the night, telling John Mann 'This is Wales'

Yes the Wales that voted to leave, the Wales that Leanne Wood is so out of touch with that she had no idea that Wales might well vote out.

I hope that she stays plaid leader for ever, she's perfect for the role.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 1:34]
Leanne is stepping down. on 06:33 - Jun 15 with 1302 viewsKilkennyjack

Leanne is stepping down. on 01:32 - Jun 15 by BarrySwan

Leanne Wood = National embarrassment

Cringeworthy comment of the night, telling John Mann 'This is Wales'

Yes the Wales that voted to leave, the Wales that Leanne Wood is so out of touch with that she had no idea that Wales might well vote out.

I hope that she stays plaid leader for ever, she's perfect for the role.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 1:34]

So who is your choice fella ?

Leanne is stepping down. on 06:52 - Jun 15 with 1290 viewspeenemunde

Leanne is stepping down. on 23:51 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Opinions are like bumholes, everybody has got one.

Leanne was terrific imho. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿✊🏾

And you have a massive one ☝️
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024