Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gambling and the Pundits 08:44 - Jun 16 with 3570 viewsmoonie

Why are these feckers ,many already grossly wealthy ,encouraging all and sundry, especially the young ,into the world of betting .
Why is it that some people have to bet on a football game ,knowing the odds on winning are slim .

Why is Robbie Savage tweeting Coral adverts on his page and why has a former great player in Alan Shearer signed up as an ambassador for Coral.

We ve got a generation of 11-16 yr olds with addiction PR problems given how easy it is to chuck away money like this ,offering a bright reward for their state but in reality they simply chuck wir money away .

We are sleep walking into a public health storm .

Football and spit is now sadly saturated with betting and this is not good ,folks ,at least not on my opinion .

Try keeping reppnzes respectful eh
Gambling and the Pundits on 14:32 - Jun 16 with 1369 viewsdobjack2

Gambling and the Pundits on 10:13 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Same as most things in life, if done in moderation it's fine.

Trouble is, many people have addictive tendencies, be it drugs, alcohol (as evidenced on here), betting, etc etc.

Agree.

Online betting and aggressive marketing and advertising have made gambling easier and created a “lifestyle” image to make it more attractive.
Gambling and the Pundits on 14:34 - Jun 16 with 1358 viewsmoonie

Gambling and the Pundits on 14:32 - Jun 16 by dobjack2

Agree.

Online betting and aggressive marketing and advertising have made gambling easier and created a “lifestyle” image to make it more attractive.

And is also now being made cool by he use of former football idols. It's a cynical lethal exercise and it does show just how bereft of any moral values Savage is when it comes to money for nothing .
Gambling and the Pundits on 15:20 - Jun 16 with 1331 viewsBarrySwan

Gambling and the Pundits on 14:08 - Jun 16 by moonie

I'm fed up with seeing and reading the grotesque adverts for betting being supported by multi millionaires with no thought than for their bank balance .

Odd flutter? Why do it anyway. Excitement ? If so you need another outlet .

I'm sick of people making excuses for having cheap fags ,booze and betting shops in e middle of our high streets and all of our sink estates

Why have the odd pint?

Why have the odd meal out?

If someone enjoys a picking a few horses then leave them to it. As pointed out before at least a punter has a chance of getting some money back from their hobby ( or even winning a sizable amount ).

Wheras someone buying a football season ticket and following their team all over the place spends a small fortune on that particular hobby with nothing to show for it at the end of the season. Whats the difference? Two hobbies each punter spending their own money enjoying themselves. And the gambler has a chance of a return at the end of it whilst the football fan has no return ( other than enjoyment of their hobby of course )

And as to why do it? I ( and others ) make a few £thousand each year ( and have done for years ) which supplements our wages which helps pay the bills ( and enjoy it ) so stop whining about the inadequates unable to control themselves.

If they don't have the money to gamble then they shouldn't gamble

If they can't control themselves then they shouldn't gamble

But I've no idea why the rest of us have to once again be lectured to because of the half witted simple minded fools who fritter their ( and often their families ) money away.

It's about time people took responsibility for their own actions rather than whining and moaning that others should be restricted in their activities.
Gambling and the Pundits on 15:45 - Jun 16 with 1321 viewsmoonie

Just smile
Gambling and the Pundits on 16:18 - Jun 16 with 1288 viewsJackfath

Gambling and the Pundits on 14:09 - Jun 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Another fair point

You can keep lambasting her for trying to do something positive to kerb this though.

And I’ll praise her for trying to help

There you go 👍🏻

I'm not lambasting her for the positive move to curb the high stakes machines, in fact I applaud her. I just find it incredibly hypocritical of her to then open a gambling den for OAPs and other vulnerable members of society.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gambling and the Pundits on 16:28 - Jun 16 with 1291 viewsmoonie

Why? Because some people have to be protected from themselves .
It's a fact .
It's why we have laws,rules ,regulations .
Gambling and the Pundits on 17:46 - Jun 16 with 1263 viewsNeath_Jack

Gambling and the Pundits on 13:29 - Jun 16 by moonie

Where have I said to ban alcohol?

It's certainly too cheap and too accessible.
Let's be honest, there s nothing good about it,nor s,prong nor gambling

Think our Welsh non conformist preachers had a point

Burning hell

You haven't, but you're leaning towards getting rid of gambling and if that's the case, alcohol should go into room 101 as well. That has to be the scurge of the country.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gambling and the Pundits on 17:50 - Jun 16 with 1258 viewsmoonie

No wrong ,again.
You re all have collective mares today

I've not suggested getting rid or banning anything merely not encouraging it . Big difference

I don't see why kids and those of illiterate income be subjected to peer pressure to bet drink or smoke .

Let's be honest,alcohol, drugs,betting, do us no good at all. You can see he results on here . As for smoking, well at least we ve demonised it, quite justifiably .

Just wish people would read what I post and don't simply to to the username .
Login to get fewer ads

Gambling and the Pundits on 17:56 - Jun 16 with 1252 viewsNeath_Jack

Gambling and the Pundits on 17:50 - Jun 16 by moonie

No wrong ,again.
You re all have collective mares today

I've not suggested getting rid or banning anything merely not encouraging it . Big difference

I don't see why kids and those of illiterate income be subjected to peer pressure to bet drink or smoke .

Let's be honest,alcohol, drugs,betting, do us no good at all. You can see he results on here . As for smoking, well at least we ve demonised it, quite justifiably .

Just wish people would read what I post and don't simply to to the username .

Wind you neck in and stop playing the victim ffs.

You've been living up there for too long.

If you wasn't leaning towards getting shot of it, then i got it wrong, but calm down is it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gambling and the Pundits on 17:58 - Jun 16 with 1247 viewsmoonie

I'm calm Jay and no need for a Scouse martyr jibe . We ve been there before.

I get attacked ,I give it back twice as hard . It's as it always was and will be until I expire .

I don't have to play any role ,mate .

I do like fair play though
Gambling and the Pundits on 18:00 - Jun 16 with 1238 viewsJackfath

Gambling and the Pundits on 17:58 - Jun 16 by moonie

I'm calm Jay and no need for a Scouse martyr jibe . We ve been there before.

I get attacked ,I give it back twice as hard . It's as it always was and will be until I expire .

I don't have to play any role ,mate .

I do like fair play though

It's a shame you have me on ignore.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gambling and the Pundits on 18:06 - Jun 16 with 1233 viewsmoonie

Must be me fella speaking to me from the great beyond.

When he went evangelical in 1962, he banned new papers ,tv s and any books apart from the Bible on the sabbath. I couldn't even do homework .

He also went from a drinker and a Louche to a Puritan and rckoned Wales was dying from rejecting Jesus and taking up alcohol and other Devils devices .

It's why Wales was dry , to save the nation
Fook me ,I remember the divide in Pontadulais
Gambling and the Pundits on 01:22 - Jun 17 with 1194 viewsDJack

Gambling and the Pundits on 14:01 - Jun 16 by BarrySwan

I'm fed up of being lectured to about gambling just because a bunch of weak willed half wits have no self control.

If you don't think you can control yourself don't gamble, but stop whining about those who do have a measure of self control and enjoy the odd flutter as well as those who enjoy topping up their earnings on a regular basis by frequenting betting shops and online gambling sites.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 14:01]

"If you don't think you can control yourself don't gamble"

Once again you show yourself as a stupid cûnt. I ask you to re-read the above sentence, consider the implication and maybe re-phrase it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gambling and the Pundits on 10:15 - Jun 17 with 1150 viewsmoonie

You don't top up your earnings, you reduce them ,even make them disappear faster than it takes to spell responsible

It's not about whining ,it's about avaricious punters prositituting themselves in a world that s seriously seedy.

Nothing ever good comes out of gambling .!Nothing ..at all
Gambling and the Pundits on 10:29 - Jun 17 with 1126 viewsDarran

Gambling and the Pundits on 10:15 - Jun 17 by moonie

You don't top up your earnings, you reduce them ,even make them disappear faster than it takes to spell responsible

It's not about whining ,it's about avaricious punters prositituting themselves in a world that s seriously seedy.

Nothing ever good comes out of gambling .!Nothing ..at all

Well said Richard what a knob that BarrySwan is eh?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gambling and the Pundits on 11:22 - Jun 17 with 1106 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gambling and the Pundits on 10:29 - Jun 17 by Darran

Well said Richard what a knob that BarrySwan is eh?

There’s no baloney from him though.

Poll: Tory leader

Gambling and the Pundits on 11:24 - Jun 17 with 1099 viewsDarran

Gambling and the Pundits on 11:22 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

There’s no baloney from him though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gambling and the Pundits on 11:53 - Jun 17 with 1086 viewsmoonie

An interesting topic as it affects many .
Gambling and the Pundits on 12:03 - Jun 17 with 1076 viewsRancid

I've just got back from my Dads and funnily enough he was ranting over the very same subject.I hadn't noticed it but he was raging about Chris Kamara doing it.
Gambling and the Pundits on 12:45 - Jun 17 with 1057 viewspikeypaul

No problem with gambling if you know what you are doing and have self control.

The problem is that 99% of punters go to the rip off bookie shops and accept the pathetic odds they offer these simpletons deserve to lose.

If you bet to a 100% book on the exchanges and play the bookies at there own game (arbitage) good money is there to be made.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024