Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board elections 18:31 - Jun 16 with 21912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can we make this a sticky please to encourage as many candidates as possible.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/06/16/trust-board-elections-2018/

Trust Board Elections 2018
June 16, 2018

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust holds Annual Elections for Swans Trust Members to have the chance to be elected to the Trust Board. Full Board Members usually serve for a two year term and are eligible to stand for re-election. This year however, as a result of mid term vacancies which need to be filled, two of the Members elected may serve for ONE year, but will be eligible to stand for re-election.

THERE ARE SEVEN VACANCIES TO BE FILLED FOR THE 2018 ELECTION YEAR.

If you would like to put yourself forward to be elected as a Trust Board Member, please download the NOMINATION FORM below and send the completed form back to the Secretary by the 4TH JULY, 2018.

Trust-Board-Nomination-2018
Please include your name and full address on the Form. Note that nominations MUST be supported by SIX Swans Trust Members who were full Members (i.e. have paid a Membership Fee) on the date of this Notice — 16th June, 2018.

What you are required to do:.

Complete a brief statement (max. 250 words) about yourself with your Nomination Form for circulation to Full Trust Members in the event of a Ballot being required.

A ballot will be held if more than SEVEN Members are nominated. Trust Members who held full membership on the date of this election notice — 16th June 2018 will be eligible to vote in any subsequent ballot.

If elected you will serve for a period of ONE or TWO years from 1st August 2018. The main qualification you will need is enthusiasm and a desire to see the Swans succeed through the Club and the Trust working together. No experience is necessary, there is no pay.

You will be expected to join the monthly Board Meetings which are normally held on the first Monday of each month in Swansea commencing at 5.30pm, and participate in other Trust related activities as appropriate.

You are eligible to stand for election if

* On the date of this Notice you are a Full Swans Trust Member and you are aged 18 or over.

* You are not subject to a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act.

* You have not been convicted of an indictable offence.

Should you have any questions or queries then please contact us.

Nigel Hamer

Secretary

16th June, 2018
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:33]

Poll: Tory leader

Trust board elections on 23:28 - Jun 16 with 3007 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections on 22:53 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

It is what it is. Make the most of your 250 words.

And therein lies the rub. It's up to the candidates in terms of what the content is. If you think it's not up to snuff, don't vote for them. You don't have to use all your votes.

My annual offer to sign anyone's application still stands. Even yours . To clear that one up, you can nominate as many as you want.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust board elections on 23:42 - Jun 16 with 2995 viewsNeathJack

Trust board elections on 23:28 - Jun 16 by Uxbridge

And therein lies the rub. It's up to the candidates in terms of what the content is. If you think it's not up to snuff, don't vote for them. You don't have to use all your votes.

My annual offer to sign anyone's application still stands. Even yours . To clear that one up, you can nominate as many as you want.

Oh if it's not, I won't.

The problem lies in the hundreds who will vote on the basis of bland, nothing statements, as has been proven previously.

If you use the same practices, expect the same results.

Imho there needs to be more scrutiny than just a 250 word statement.
Trust board elections on 00:04 - Jun 17 with 2979 viewsUxbridge

Trust board elections on 23:42 - Jun 16 by NeathJack

Oh if it's not, I won't.

The problem lies in the hundreds who will vote on the basis of bland, nothing statements, as has been proven previously.

If you use the same practices, expect the same results.

Imho there needs to be more scrutiny than just a 250 word statement.

Aye, I felt the same after Brexit!

Not that I'd have an objection to some sort of hustings. Whether online is the best way is another question entirely. If I was standing, I'd certainly be making my viewpoint known outside the statement on whatever platform and let the chips fall as they may.

Either way, 7 of the 11 elected posts are up for grabs. For those who want a new board or want changes, you'll never get a better opportunity.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust board elections on 02:11 - Jun 17 with 2943 viewsDJack

Trust board elections on 18:55 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

No it isn’t. For me it’s a decision about what I can offer, what I’ll be allowed to offer and how much time and effort can I or do I want to give to it.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:56]

This is the correct answer...that said, if you could convince Lisa to push for a post that would be very welcome.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust board elections on 08:58 - Jun 17 with 2883 viewswaynekerr55

Trust board elections on 20:22 - Jun 16 by Phil_S

I am more than happy too as a Trust member to sign anyone's nomination form if they need extra names.

Enough people signed mine over the years

Me too

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust board elections on 09:27 - Jun 17 with 2852 viewsmonmouth

Trust board elections on 02:11 - Jun 17 by DJack

This is the correct answer...that said, if you could convince Lisa to push for a post that would be very welcome.

Lisa should be supporter director. It's f*cking obvious. If the current board, and the current incumbent and chair, cared two f*cks about the club and not about themselves they would simply find a way to make that happen and make it happen now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust board elections on 09:32 - Jun 17 with 2847 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 09:27 - Jun 17 by monmouth

Lisa should be supporter director. It's f*cking obvious. If the current board, and the current incumbent and chair, cared two f*cks about the club and not about themselves they would simply find a way to make that happen and make it happen now.

Far be it from me to speak for Lisa and I’m sure she’ll correct me if I get this wrong but I have no doubt that she has neither the time nor the desire to take on that role. Although I agree that she’d be perfect for it.

Trust board elections on 09:32 - Jun 17 with 2846 viewsswancity

Can someone please explain the need for a Trust. They have constantly and consistently shown complete failings in every respect although I gather the ten pin bowling night was most enjoyable and someone had a strike. What is the purpose of a Trust moving forward, seriously?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Trust board elections on 09:44 - Jun 17 with 2836 viewsmonmouth

Trust board elections on 09:32 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

Far be it from me to speak for Lisa and I’m sure she’ll correct me if I get this wrong but I have no doubt that she has neither the time nor the desire to take on that role. Although I agree that she’d be perfect for it.

That's just practicalities. When duty calls and the trumpets blow, practical constraint is not a consideration. Besides, everyone knows that girls can multitask.

No, seriously, I expect you are right, but it just makes it even more frustrating that we have had someone clearly perfect for the needed role since 2011 and that we've wasted so much time with the past and current jokers, well intentioned or not.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 9:46]

Trust board elections on 10:02 - Jun 17 with 2811 viewstrampie

Why is there so many vacancies on the trust board ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Trust board elections on 10:04 - Jun 17 with 2812 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 10:02 - Jun 17 by trampie

Why is there so many vacancies on the trust board ?

Because four people have to stand down according to the rules (and stand again if they want to) and vacancies were created by resignations last year (Phil and MattG, for example).

Trust board elections on 10:07 - Jun 17 with 2799 viewstrampie

Trust board elections on 10:04 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

Because four people have to stand down according to the rules (and stand again if they want to) and vacancies were created by resignations last year (Phil and MattG, for example).

That is what I thought nearly half the vacancies is people jumping ship with the Swans about to be relegated.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Trust board elections on 10:09 - Jun 17 with 2800 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 10:07 - Jun 17 by trampie

That is what I thought nearly half the vacancies is people jumping ship with the Swans about to be relegated.

Well that’s one way of spinning it.

Trust board elections on 11:26 - Jun 17 with 2739 viewsThornburyswan

Trust board elections on 22:14 - Jun 16 by libertyx

As a trust member I will also sign nomination forms for anyone who requires signatures.

Ditto - I'd suggest anyone on here who wants to stand uploads their 250 words + anything else they want to add & we can confirm our willingness to support.
Trust board elections on 12:29 - Jun 17 with 2702 viewsmonmouth

Trust board elections on 09:32 - Jun 17 by swancity

Can someone please explain the need for a Trust. They have constantly and consistently shown complete failings in every respect although I gather the ten pin bowling night was most enjoyable and someone had a strike. What is the purpose of a Trust moving forward, seriously?

In its current incarnation I’d tend to agree. If the same bunch are re-elected, or no one else of quality stands then it is probably done, dusted and consigned to the historical scrapheap. (Clearly some exceptions in ‘the same bunch’ one of whom is posting on this thread and I hope stands).

I still hope it can rise like a rampant pheonix from the ashes and become a major force in the long term future security of Swansea City, but I can’t say I’m confident.

Trust board elections on 13:11 - Jun 17 with 2665 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 10:07 - Jun 17 by trampie

Clueless
Trust board elections on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 2655 viewstrampie

Trust board elections on 13:11 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

Clueless

That is what it looks like.

Trust board elections on 13:16 - Jun 17 with 2652 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:15 - Jun 17 by trampie

That is what it looks like.

To the uneducated
Trust board elections on 13:19 - Jun 17 with 2642 viewstrampie

Trust board elections on 13:16 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

To the uneducated

Perception is all important.

Trust board elections on 13:22 - Jun 17 with 2639 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:19 - Jun 17 by trampie

Perception is all important.

Perception of the majority

Yours to me isn’t

Have a good afternoon
Trust board elections on 13:29 - Jun 17 with 2625 viewstrampie

Trust board elections on 13:22 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

Perception of the majority

Yours to me isn’t

Have a good afternoon

That perception was gained from a majority of others.

Trust board elections on 13:37 - Jun 17 with 2618 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:29 - Jun 17 by trampie

That perception was gained from a majority of others.

How many were in this majority tramps

Each of them of course being wrong but you should be used to that

As I said enjoy the afternoon
Trust board elections on 13:41 - Jun 17 with 2605 viewstrampie

Trust board elections on 13:37 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

How many were in this majority tramps

Each of them of course being wrong but you should be used to that

As I said enjoy the afternoon

I have probably spoken to at least 6 or 7 Swans fans over many months who when the trust has been mentioned had said they thought trust officials were leaving the trust because the Swans were going down.

Trust board elections on 14:12 - Jun 17 with 2574 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:41 - Jun 17 by trampie

I have probably spoken to at least 6 or 7 Swans fans over many months who when the trust has been mentioned had said they thought trust officials were leaving the trust because the Swans were going down.

😂😂😂
Trust board elections on 16:46 - Jun 17 with 2479 viewscimlajack

Trust board elections on 22:14 - Jun 16 by libertyx

As a trust member I will also sign nomination forms for anyone who requires signatures.

Me to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024