Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board elections 18:31 - Jun 16 with 21916 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can we make this a sticky please to encourage as many candidates as possible.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/06/16/trust-board-elections-2018/

Trust Board Elections 2018
June 16, 2018

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust holds Annual Elections for Swans Trust Members to have the chance to be elected to the Trust Board. Full Board Members usually serve for a two year term and are eligible to stand for re-election. This year however, as a result of mid term vacancies which need to be filled, two of the Members elected may serve for ONE year, but will be eligible to stand for re-election.

THERE ARE SEVEN VACANCIES TO BE FILLED FOR THE 2018 ELECTION YEAR.

If you would like to put yourself forward to be elected as a Trust Board Member, please download the NOMINATION FORM below and send the completed form back to the Secretary by the 4TH JULY, 2018.

Trust-Board-Nomination-2018
Please include your name and full address on the Form. Note that nominations MUST be supported by SIX Swans Trust Members who were full Members (i.e. have paid a Membership Fee) on the date of this Notice — 16th June, 2018.

What you are required to do:.

Complete a brief statement (max. 250 words) about yourself with your Nomination Form for circulation to Full Trust Members in the event of a Ballot being required.

A ballot will be held if more than SEVEN Members are nominated. Trust Members who held full membership on the date of this election notice — 16th June 2018 will be eligible to vote in any subsequent ballot.

If elected you will serve for a period of ONE or TWO years from 1st August 2018. The main qualification you will need is enthusiasm and a desire to see the Swans succeed through the Club and the Trust working together. No experience is necessary, there is no pay.

You will be expected to join the monthly Board Meetings which are normally held on the first Monday of each month in Swansea commencing at 5.30pm, and participate in other Trust related activities as appropriate.

You are eligible to stand for election if

* On the date of this Notice you are a Full Swans Trust Member and you are aged 18 or over.

* You are not subject to a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act.

* You have not been convicted of an indictable offence.

Should you have any questions or queries then please contact us.

Nigel Hamer

Secretary

16th June, 2018
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:33]

Poll: Tory leader

Trust board elections on 22:31 - Jul 1 with 2645 viewsmonmouth

Matt should stand too. Get voted back on with a clear mandate to pursue the policies that prompted the resignations. Hopefully in place of the supine yellow collaborators.

Andrew, Matt, Andy, Phil, Chris, Lisa and the man that asked to be nominated this morning based on his statement. That has more shape of something I would like to see.

I know, dream on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust board elections on 05:30 - Jul 2 with 2582 viewsE20Jack

Trust board elections on 22:31 - Jul 1 by monmouth

Matt should stand too. Get voted back on with a clear mandate to pursue the policies that prompted the resignations. Hopefully in place of the supine yellow collaborators.

Andrew, Matt, Andy, Phil, Chris, Lisa and the man that asked to be nominated this morning based on his statement. That has more shape of something I would like to see.

I know, dream on.

We can't go back. Some of those you mention got us into this mess and pushed that deal through using very manipulative tactics, a deal so harmful to the organisation and the club as a whole it is staggering. That lack of foresight and attitude toward the fans is something that should never be seen ever again.

We need a fresh approach that will act on the fans wishes, not try and manipulate the fans to pushing through the boards wishes. That thought process was clearly warped with perceived power of being on the board, which is why you had the comments of ''tail wagging the dog'' and the complete voting farce where the members were used as a tool to push through the desire of the board.

That has to stop.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 5:35]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust board elections on 08:55 - Jul 2 with 2538 viewsexiledclaseboy

For anyone thinking of standing, a message from the board secretary about how to submit applications electronically reproduced below. Grammar is not mine, I hasten to add.

A scanned Nomination Form with the six nominees names and addresses be acceptable against the Trust Member
standing for election to the Trust Board.

As per the Election Process requirements, i.e. completed Nomination Forms to be submitted to the Registered Office of the
Trust, for scanned documents they are to be e-mailed to the Secretary's e-mail which is nigelhamer@gmail.com where a
received receipt will be sent to the applicant at his/her e-mail address.

Trust board elections on 21:09 - Jul 2 with 2387 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 08:55 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

For anyone thinking of standing, a message from the board secretary about how to submit applications electronically reproduced below. Grammar is not mine, I hasten to add.

A scanned Nomination Form with the six nominees names and addresses be acceptable against the Trust Member
standing for election to the Trust Board.

As per the Election Process requirements, i.e. completed Nomination Forms to be submitted to the Registered Office of the
Trust, for scanned documents they are to be e-mailed to the Secretary's e-mail which is nigelhamer@gmail.com where a
received receipt will be sent to the applicant at his/her e-mail address.

Remember to anyone standing nominations need to be sent by Wednesday 4th July
Trust board elections on 21:35 - Jul 2 with 2377 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 21:09 - Jul 2 by Phil_S

Remember to anyone standing nominations need to be sent by Wednesday 4th July

And don’t be late!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 21:35]

Trust board elections on 08:17 - Jul 3 with 2292 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 21:35 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

And don’t be late!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 21:35]

Most definitely don't be - a deadline is a deadline...
Trust board elections on 00:15 - Jul 4 with 2126 viewsLoyal

That's today.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust board elections on 19:42 - Jul 4 with 2005 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 00:15 - Jul 4 by Loyal

That's today.

Still a few hours for anyone who’s interested to get their applications in.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust board elections on 20:29 - Jul 4 with 1982 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 19:42 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

Still a few hours for anyone who’s interested to get their applications in.

Any ideas how many have applied?
Trust board elections on 20:38 - Jul 4 with 1975 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 20:29 - Jul 4 by Phil_S

Any ideas how many have applied?

None at all. There’s a board meeting tomorrow afternoon so may find out then.

Trust board elections on 20:51 - Jul 4 with 1967 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 20:38 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

None at all. There’s a board meeting tomorrow afternoon so may find out then.

I'm hoping its more than the spaces available

It should be a membership choice rather than appointment by default - campaign buses at the ready?
Trust board elections on 21:06 - Jul 4 with 1962 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 20:51 - Jul 4 by Phil_S

I'm hoping its more than the spaces available

It should be a membership choice rather than appointment by default - campaign buses at the ready?

I agree, the more candidates the better. I’ve already booked the Brangwyn Hall for my campaign rally.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 21:06]

Trust board elections on 21:09 - Jul 4 with 1955 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 21:06 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

I agree, the more candidates the better. I’ve already booked the Brangwyn Hall for my campaign rally.

You got exclusive use or fancy a split cost event?
Trust board elections on 00:02 - Jul 5 with 1903 viewsDJack

Trust board elections on 21:06 - Jul 4 by exiledclaseboy

I believe that Lohengrin might be of use to you style wise, maybe even design a banner...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust board elections on 07:13 - Jul 5 with 1867 viewsMattG

Can we get a virtual show of hands as to who from here has put themselves forward for election?
Trust board elections on 13:17 - Jul 5 with 1778 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 07:13 - Jul 5 by MattG

Can we get a virtual show of hands as to who from here has put themselves forward for election?

🙋🏻‍♂️
Trust board elections on 13:56 - Jul 5 with 1756 viewsVetchfielder

Trust board elections on 13:17 - Jul 5 by Phil_S

🙋🏻‍♂️

Well done indeed if you have Phil.

Fckn delighted

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trust board elections on 17:34 - Jul 5 with 1695 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust board elections on 07:13 - Jul 5 by MattG

I submitted a nomination form.
Trust board elections on 17:37 - Jul 5 with 1688 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:56 - Jul 5 by Vetchfielder

Well done indeed if you have Phil.

Fckn delighted

I have indeed and hopefully it will be subject to a members vote which is the way that it should be.

I will paste my election spiel on here (it is on my home PC and I'm on my work one at the moment) but its also a nomination form that has been backed by some key personnel on the board already who I think have views on how things should proceed that match with my beliefs on it as well.

I don't expect to be a popular choice and expect some criticism for standing again but that goes with the territory I have a very clear belief in how the Trust should proceed and that is a view that has hardened in my time away from the board

It will be up to the members to decide whether that is right for the organisation (or at least I hope it will be up to the members)
Trust board elections on 17:41 - Jul 5 with 1683 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust board elections on 17:34 - Jul 5 by swanseajack4eva

I submitted a nomination form.

(I posted my draft 250 words on here on Sunday in another thread ... what I submitted was essentially the same with a few minor adjustments)
Trust board elections on 17:44 - Jul 5 with 1676 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 17:41 - Jul 5 by swanseajack4eva

(I posted my draft 250 words on here on Sunday in another thread ... what I submitted was essentially the same with a few minor adjustments)

Good luck - I read yours on Sunday and its a strong statement with strong experience. There is a very high chance of you getting my vote (I only say very high as I haven't seen the other statements yet!)
Trust board elections on 20:02 - Jul 5 with 1614 viewsDarran

Trust board elections on 17:37 - Jul 5 by Phil_S

I have indeed and hopefully it will be subject to a members vote which is the way that it should be.

I will paste my election spiel on here (it is on my home PC and I'm on my work one at the moment) but its also a nomination form that has been backed by some key personnel on the board already who I think have views on how things should proceed that match with my beliefs on it as well.

I don't expect to be a popular choice and expect some criticism for standing again but that goes with the territory I have a very clear belief in how the Trust should proceed and that is a view that has hardened in my time away from the board

It will be up to the members to decide whether that is right for the organisation (or at least I hope it will be up to the members)

I feel so immensely proud that Phil is standing.

What a man,what a bloody man.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust board elections on 20:05 - Jul 5 with 1610 viewsJackfath

What has changed between Phil's resignation and his desire to re-stand for the board?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust board elections on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 1606 viewsDarran

Trust board elections on 20:05 - Jul 5 by Jackfath

What has changed between Phil's resignation and his desire to re-stand for the board?

I don’t know but vote Sumbler and Cude.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust board elections on 20:27 - Jul 5 with 1590 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 20:05 - Jul 5 by Jackfath

Many more like minded people on the Trust board including those that seconded my nomination form which was included with my 250 words...

An organisation is probably only ever as strong as its majority make up and that has definitely shifted in the past few months when you factor in that my resignation was fuelled by a belief that the relationship had broken down...

This is what will be included with any election forms anyway

Stood down from the Trust board last year after 12 years as the board in general wanted to take a direction that I did not agree with. It has been obvious since we agreed a partial sale last summer that the Trust has continued to be treated with contempt but with a recent desire to right the wrongs created by the sale of the club I am ready to play my part in correcting some of those wrongs if elected by the members to do so. I have vast experience and knowledge of some of the events of the past which I believe will assist the Trust in compiling the strongest possible legal case and I recognise many of the errors made in the past and would relish the chance to overturn some of these.

Supporters of any club are the lifeblood and I have past records of standing up for those supporters including playing a key part going back as far as 2001 in the ousting of Petty. The Trust is only being fed “scraps” from the top table and after 15 years it is time to show that the organisation is better than that and we’ve got to bring the fans together to not give up without a big fight what we worked so hard for.

There is a generic statement never to go back but watching events of the past 6 months have frustrated me and I believe that I can add value to the fight ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024