Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England win a game.... 08:57 - Jun 19 with 11304 viewsJethroJack

...at the World Cup against a very poor side.
And (once again) the players & media behave as if they've already lifted the Cup.
Is this due to accumulated desperation from 52 years of repeated failures at WCs & Euros?

Wouldn't it be better to keep some perspective in order to soften the inevitable disappointment that's just around the corner when they meet some quality.

Or why not over-react and enjoy a win against poor opposition, whilst the going's good?

Unlike the media, my English mates have decided to keep a lid on it, as they know their football.
England win a game.... on 15:29 - Jun 20 with 1349 viewsGlyn1

England win a game.... on 09:24 - Jun 20 by trampie

If we generalise they are produced in Wales, Welsh street football, Welsh schools, Welsh boys teams and of course some Welsh DNA.

"Welsh street football"? I live on a quiet side street with almost zero traffic: a few afternoons ago some kids were kicking a ball around on it and got stopped by the police twice (2) because someone had complained to the police about it. When was the last time anyone saw kids kicking a ball in the street?

And of course selling off the playing fields has worsened the problem.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 15:30]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

England win a game.... on 15:30 - Jun 20 with 1344 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 15:17 - Jun 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Wales could have won the World Cup in 1934 apparently.

If we'd entered.

Fair play Tramps. That made me laugh.

The home nations teams had the 'home internationals' and they thought whoever won that was the best in the World so no need to enter a World Cup, Wales were multiple champions at the time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

England win a game.... on 15:31 - Jun 20 with 1343 viewsraynor94

England win a game.... on 14:32 - Jun 20 by trampie

Wales did not lose a single match with John Charles in the team in that World Cup finals, they drew with the mighty Magyars with John Charles scoring in their first match, drew with Mexico who had qualified for the finals by winning all their matches with Wales letting in a last minute goal, drew with host nation and eventual finalists Sweden and then beat the mighty Magyars in a play off, the game they kicked John Charles out of the tournament in.
Wales then lost to eventual winners Brazil 1-0 in the Quarters in a game that lots of people including the Welsh players thought on the balance of play they would have won the match if John Charles was not injured.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 14:34]

Post edited Wiki is a bugger when you are in a rush! Mighty Magyars? They were a busted flush by 58

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England win a game.... on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 1336 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 15:31 - Jun 20 by raynor94

Post edited Wiki is a bugger when you are in a rush! Mighty Magyars? They were a busted flush by 58

They still went into the tournament as one of the favourites.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

England win a game.... on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 1323 viewsFireboy2

England win a game.... on 15:22 - Jun 20 by Glyn1

Wow, that's amazing.

Personally, I hope that they do well. I haven't seen any arrogance in the team or in my English work colleagues. Which group teams could they play in the 1st qualifying round?

Dont worry glyn if they progress to the quarters you will see it in abundance

And when/if they do lose(i pray to the football gods that they do)they will say that they played sh!t even if they do play well because thats their default button
England win a game.... on 17:54 - Jun 20 with 1291 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 14:32 - Jun 20 by trampie

Wales did not lose a single match with John Charles in the team in that World Cup finals, they drew with the mighty Magyars with John Charles scoring in their first match, drew with Mexico who had qualified for the finals by winning all their matches with Wales letting in a last minute goal, drew with host nation and eventual finalists Sweden and then beat the mighty Magyars in a play off, the game they kicked John Charles out of the tournament in.
Wales then lost to eventual winners Brazil 1-0 in the Quarters in a game that lots of people including the Welsh players thought on the balance of play they would have won the match if John Charles was not injured.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 14:34]

60 years ago, Wales did quite well in a world cup, and might have done this if that had not happened, riveting stuff indeed.
England win a game.... on 20:05 - Jun 20 with 1256 viewsraynor94

England win a game.... on 15:34 - Jun 20 by trampie

They still went into the tournament as one of the favourites.

Sorry for posting late Tramps, so how many games did Wales actually win at the 58 World Cup?

England win a game.... on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 1247 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 20:05 - Jun 20 by raynor94

Sorry for posting late Tramps, so how many games did Wales actually win at the 58 World Cup?

Five:- Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Israel x 2 and Hungary.

Login to get fewer ads

England win a game.... on 20:43 - Jun 20 with 1235 viewsFireboy2

England win a game.... on 20:26 - Jun 20 by trampie

Five:- Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Israel x 2 and Hungary.

Sorry to p!ss on your chips trampie but we drew all 3 of our group games then beat hungary in a play off for a quarter final place when we faced brazil which we lost 1-0

The games you mentioned that we won apart from hungary were the qualifying games
England win a game.... on 20:54 - Jun 20 with 1223 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 20:43 - Jun 20 by Fireboy2

Sorry to p!ss on your chips trampie but we drew all 3 of our group games then beat hungary in a play off for a quarter final place when we faced brazil which we lost 1-0

The games you mentioned that we won apart from hungary were the qualifying games

I've already done a list of Wales games in the finals, so I thought the poster wanted to know all the other results, I even responded directly to him by using the quote button giving all Wales results in the 58' finals.

What he probably does not realise is in a cup competition, take Wimbledon tennis championships as an example, 50% of the entire field have a losing record [because they lose in the first round], 25% of the entire field have a 50-50 record because they lose in the second round.
Now in football this is compounded by draws, I remember Italy winning the World Cup and just like Wales in 58' they drew all 3 group games in the finals, same with Portugal in the last Euro's, in fact Portugal only won 1 game out of 7 matches in regulation time [guess who that was against].
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 20:58]

England win a game.... on 22:18 - Jun 20 with 1187 viewsraynor94

England win a game.... on 20:43 - Jun 20 by Fireboy2

You have pissed all over his chips, he knew exactly what I meant, and Wales only got to play Israel in the play off because Belgium were drawn out first and refused to play them, if they had Wales wouldn't have even been at the 58 finals

England win a game.... on 22:51 - Jun 20 with 1164 viewsFireboy2

England win a game.... on 22:18 - Jun 20 by raynor94

You have pissed all over his chips, he knew exactly what I meant, and Wales only got to play Israel in the play off because Belgium were drawn out first and refused to play them, if they had Wales wouldn't have even been at the 58 finals

Question for you raynor,are you welsh? Because you are taking great delight in people moaning about england winning and you always refer wales to wales rather than us

And who really gives a fvck how we got to the 58 finals, we got there,we did well,made alot of friends in doing so and as trampie correctly stated could have gone further if king john hadnt had been kicked to fvck by the hungarians

Just saying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024