Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England win a game.... 08:57 - Jun 19 with 11306 viewsJethroJack

...at the World Cup against a very poor side.
And (once again) the players & media behave as if they've already lifted the Cup.
Is this due to accumulated desperation from 52 years of repeated failures at WCs & Euros?

Wouldn't it be better to keep some perspective in order to soften the inevitable disappointment that's just around the corner when they meet some quality.

Or why not over-react and enjoy a win against poor opposition, whilst the going's good?

Unlike the media, my English mates have decided to keep a lid on it, as they know their football.
England win a game.... on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 1752 viewsjackal

England win a game.... on 09:33 - Jun 19 by Pegojack

I couldn't believe BBC Breakfast this morning, I thought England had beaten Germany 10-0 in the final, such was the ecstatic coverage from the word go. Is there seriously no other world news they could have led with for the first ten minutes?

Roll on the next round and their inevitable elimination.

GMTV was the same.

If this is what we get when they beat Tunisia 2-1, then can you imagine if they win the damn cup?

The Queen will be handing out knighthoods like confetti at a wedding.
England win a game.... on 17:16 - Jun 19 with 1748 viewsmoonie

They won't so don't fret.

Worry about how we never qualify for a World Cup and rely on bitterness to get by
England win a game.... on 17:24 - Jun 19 with 1740 viewsjackal

England win a game.... on 17:16 - Jun 19 by moonie

Worry about how we never qualify for a World Cup and rely on bitterness to get by

It's a pity that Wales haven't qualified since 1958 and I would love them to do well.
However wearing my Italian hat this is the first failure to qualify since 1958.
England win a game.... on 17:25 - Jun 19 with 1740 viewsJoshTheJack

England win a game.... on 17:16 - Jun 19 by moonie

We're a small nation in the hardest qualifying region,there's nothing to worry about.England hype themselves up everytime and they always fall apart.We showed them how it's done at the Euros.Plus the seedings always benefit them, it should all be done at random.
England win a game.... on 17:31 - Jun 19 with 1727 viewsmoonie

Non ti preoccupare.

En vancanza li presto
England win a game.... on 17:39 - Jun 19 with 1717 viewsjackal

England win a game.... on 17:31 - Jun 19 by moonie

Non ti preoccupare.

En vancanza li presto

Non vado in vacanza quest' anno.
England win a game.... on 17:46 - Jun 19 with 1711 viewsmoonie

Troppo lavoro ?
England win a game.... on 17:59 - Jun 19 with 1690 viewsjackal

England win a game.... on 17:46 - Jun 19 by moonie

Troppo lavoro ?

Non voiglio andare.
Login to get fewer ads

England win a game.... on 18:02 - Jun 19 with 1686 viewsphact0rri

But isn't it only going to make their eventual upsetting loss all the more delectable, as all the english supporters come crashing back to earth? Come'on Panama!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

England win a game.... on 18:18 - Jun 19 with 1665 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 18:02 - Jun 19 by phact0rri

But isn't it only going to make their eventual upsetting loss all the more delectable, as all the english supporters come crashing back to earth? Come'on Panama!

They'll "thrash" Panama 1-0, to set up a last 16 game against mighty Japan or Senegal.
Another "Iceland" on the cards 😜
England win a game.... on 19:32 - Jun 19 with 1632 viewsSE1_Jack

Threads like this really show Swansea fans up for being bitter little c**ts. Personally I don’t think the media plays up England like they used to and if any of you isolated idiots had the chance to actually talk to England fans you’d realise most are very critical of the side. I’m assuming you all still live in Wales so dont get the chance to do that.

It still amazes me how bitter and xenophobic/racist/prejudiced (for want of a better expression) some of you can be to an entire country especially when the club you support has always relied on English managers and players in a league that is for all intents and purposes, England’s league.

Smacks terribly of bitterness/an inferiority complex. If you hate England so much why do you put yourself through it?
England win a game.... on 19:55 - Jun 19 with 1623 viewsphact0rri

England win a game.... on 18:18 - Jun 19 by JethroJack

They'll "thrash" Panama 1-0, to set up a last 16 game against mighty Japan or Senegal.
Another "Iceland" on the cards 😜

I'd love to see England get pushed out by Japan.. Ganbatte Nippon! :D

England win a game.... on 19:59 - Jun 19 with 1617 viewsphact0rri

England win a game.... on 19:32 - Jun 19 by SE1_Jack

Threads like this really show Swansea fans up for being bitter little c**ts. Personally I don’t think the media plays up England like they used to and if any of you isolated idiots had the chance to actually talk to England fans you’d realise most are very critical of the side. I’m assuming you all still live in Wales so dont get the chance to do that.

It still amazes me how bitter and xenophobic/racist/prejudiced (for want of a better expression) some of you can be to an entire country especially when the club you support has always relied on English managers and players in a league that is for all intents and purposes, England’s league.

Smacks terribly of bitterness/an inferiority complex. If you hate England so much why do you put yourself through it?

I don't think its xenophobic/racist to "hate" england in sport. its not like many on here actually hate the english, its only due to competition.

Landon Donovan made a simular foolish tweet about US Soccer fans "hating" mexico, when its common knowledge that mexico is the "enemy" of the US on the pitch-- but when 80% of the people who support the US are from mexico its just silly.

England win a game.... on 20:03 - Jun 19 with 1610 viewsmoonie

It's not just sport. Just a cursory glance at trampie s crap will evidence the crippling insecurity and lack of self confidence
England win a game.... on 20:04 - Jun 19 with 1610 viewssainthelens

And if you don't like it...fck off.
England win a game.... on 20:07 - Jun 19 with 1605 viewsmoonie

Looking at his post code ,he already has .

Are you in St Helens ,Swansea or Merseyside
England win a game.... on 20:21 - Jun 19 with 1588 viewssainthelens

England win a game.... on 20:07 - Jun 19 by moonie

Looking at his post code ,he already has .

Are you in St Helens ,Swansea or Merseyside

Swansea
England win a game.... on 20:24 - Jun 19 with 1582 viewsJethroJack

FFS, can't you read? Check the last paragraph of my OP & you'll see you've missed the point of the thread.
England win a game.... on 20:37 - Jun 19 with 1573 viewsEU5Makaveli

The Tunisian number 14 should be hung out to dry. In playing for a point in the last 2/3 minutes and he tries to dribble the ball in his own corner which lead directly to the goal- absolutely shocking.

Having said that England were the better team and deserved the win, looking forward to the hype being deflated against Belgium though.
England win a game.... on 21:16 - Jun 19 with 1545 viewslonglostjack

Calm down. I was in Deptford two weeks ago and got talking to two Milwall supporters who said that they weren’t supporting England because it was basically a black team. Now they really were bitter little c**ts.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

England win a game.... on 21:29 - Jun 19 with 1532 viewsBillyChong

Can you blame anyone who isn’t English and put themselves through the start of the BBC’s coverage last night? (A mock up of BBC amongst others reacting to England winning the World Cup)
England win a game.... on 04:27 - Jun 20 with 1456 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 19:55 - Jun 19 by phact0rri

I'd love to see England get pushed out by Japan.. Ganbatte Nippon! :D

Agreed 😊
I have a soft spot for Japan, as I worked there through the 90's and early 2000's.
England win a game.... on 04:55 - Jun 20 with 1446 viewsJethroJack

Just when I thought Harry Kane seemed like a decent level-headed bloke, all the hype gets to him and he announces that he wants to be up there with Ronaldo & Messi.

FFS - keep your gob shut, you're not even on the same planet!

Did Gareth Bale ever come out with tripe like this?

No, rather than talk about it, he went to Real Madrid to try to prove it...and win multiple Champions Leagues trophy 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 5:13]
England win a game.... on 07:00 - Jun 20 with 1424 viewspeenemunde

England win a game.... on 12:29 - Jun 19 by JethroJack

With respect, you've missed the point. We don't think we're world beaters see.
England do and their delusion is a constant source of humour to every other country.
Even Germany don't go banging on about being World Champions and they've achieved it numerous times.

If "Englanders" would just keep their gobs shut, then they wouldn't repeatedly become the figures of fun they've become for the last 50 odd years. Even their own media turn on them, if Kane hadn't got the last minute winner, this lot would have just been the latest bunch of Muppets to pull on the "3 Lions" 😁

No we don’t think we are world beaters, because Wales as a football nation is rubbish.
Welsh football fans slagging off England because of their lack of success, if a bit like Barnet fans slagging Tottenham for not being more successful.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 9:28]
England win a game.... on 07:39 - Jun 20 with 1389 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 07:00 - Jun 20 by peenemunde

No we don’t think we are world beaters, because Wales as a football nation is rubbish.
Welsh football fans slagging off England because of their lack of success, if a bit like Barnet fans slagging Tottenham for not being more successful.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 9:28]

You're talking through your phucking anus.
Wales may not be able to produce all that many players, but a 3 million population has somehow managed to create world class players....John Charles, Ivor Allchurch, Cliff Jones, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale.

50 odd million England have created...Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton & Gazza.

Poor effort that, there's obviously something fundamentally wrong with the English football DNA preventing the creation of top top players 😜
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024