Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England win a game.... 08:57 - Jun 19 with 11305 viewsJethroJack

...at the World Cup against a very poor side.
And (once again) the players & media behave as if they've already lifted the Cup.
Is this due to accumulated desperation from 52 years of repeated failures at WCs & Euros?

Wouldn't it be better to keep some perspective in order to soften the inevitable disappointment that's just around the corner when they meet some quality.

Or why not over-react and enjoy a win against poor opposition, whilst the going's good?

Unlike the media, my English mates have decided to keep a lid on it, as they know their football.
England win a game.... on 08:07 - Jun 20 with 1836 viewsraynor94

England win a game.... on 07:39 - Jun 20 by JethroJack

You're talking through your phucking anus.
Wales may not be able to produce all that many players, but a 3 million population has somehow managed to create world class players....John Charles, Ivor Allchurch, Cliff Jones, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale.

50 odd million England have created...Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton & Gazza.

Poor effort that, there's obviously something fundamentally wrong with the English football DNA preventing the creation of top top players 😜

Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney and Jimmy Greaves. Latter day Hoddle nd Le Tissier if only England had the right manager, it's pointless trying to compare.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England win a game.... on 08:17 - Jun 20 with 1821 viewstrampie

Wales does produce more than its fair share of great individual footballer, England does not produce anywhere near as many good individual footballers as it should produce per its huge population.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

England win a game.... on 08:22 - Jun 20 with 1824 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wales may not be able to produce all that many players, but a 3 million population has somehow managed to create world class players....John Charles, Ivor Allchurch, Cliff Jones, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale.

Poor effort that, there's obviously something fundamentally wrong with the English football DNA preventing the creation of top top players 😜

Most countries create their own players in that they’re coached from being kids and join a club from their country before eventually ending up at a massive club somewhere in Europe.

Unfortunately we don’t create players in Wales. They are Welsh but they are created by the English system. What did any of those players you mentioned do whilst in Wales? In almost every case next to nothing until they got to an English club. We have had some outstanding Welsh players over the years but we don’t have the football infrastructure in Wales to create them. We rely on the English system for that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

England win a game.... on 08:35 - Jun 20 with 1806 viewscockneyswan

England win a game.... on 08:22 - Jun 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Most countries create their own players in that they’re coached from being kids and join a club from their country before eventually ending up at a massive club somewhere in Europe.

Unfortunately we don’t create players in Wales. They are Welsh but they are created by the English system. What did any of those players you mentioned do whilst in Wales? In almost every case next to nothing until they got to an English club. We have had some outstanding Welsh players over the years but we don’t have the football infrastructure in Wales to create them. We rely on the English system for that.

Good point 👍
England win a game.... on 09:24 - Jun 20 with 1789 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 08:22 - Jun 20 by Joe_bradshaw

If we generalise they are produced in Wales, Welsh street football, Welsh schools, Welsh boys teams and of course some Welsh DNA.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

England win a game.... on 11:03 - Jun 20 with 1754 viewspeenemunde

England have produced 10 times more quality players than wales have.
I could spend all day naming quality English players.

Wales have nothing to shout about, even with a small population.
Take a look at Iceland 🇮🇸.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 11:20]
England win a game.... on 11:13 - Jun 20 with 1751 viewsWhiterockin

England win a game.... on 11:03 - Jun 20 by peenemunde

England have produced 10 times more quality players than wales have.
I could spend all day naming quality English players.

Wales have nothing to shout about, even with a small population.
Take a look at Iceland 🇮🇸.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 11:20]

Take a look at Finland

Or Iceland
England win a game.... on 11:19 - Jun 20 with 1745 viewspeenemunde

England win a game.... on 11:13 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

Take a look at Finland

Or Iceland

Oh yeah them too 👍
Login to get fewer ads

England win a game.... on 11:31 - Jun 20 with 1738 viewsmoonie

Loving folk.How much longer

Wales has 3 million . NZ four ,now that really is a country that kicks arse and punches well above its weight in many many sports .

Wales can only compete at the highest level in Rugby and only then if the all blecks are havi an off day .

Yet, this welsh ness doesn't apply as regards rugby with many expressing contempt of the game and hating the fact Wales is seen as a rugby country worldwide,no doubt whatsoever about at that.

This welsh ness also doesn't apply to the capital city team which is pretty much loathed outside cArdiff.

All signs of a fecked up country ,to some
England win a game.... on 12:17 - Jun 20 with 1714 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 12:29 - Jun 19 by Yossarian

A bit like the World Series in baseball or the World tiddlywinks championship then....and your point is?

Minority sports, where 90% of the worlds population as well as most of the worlds countries have little or no interest
England win a game.... on 12:24 - Jun 20 with 1709 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 12:29 - Jun 19 by JethroJack

With respect, you've missed the point. We don't think we're world beaters see.
England do and their delusion is a constant source of humour to every other country.
Even Germany don't go banging on about being World Champions and they've achieved it numerous times.

If "Englanders" would just keep their gobs shut, then they wouldn't repeatedly become the figures of fun they've become for the last 50 odd years. Even their own media turn on them, if Kane hadn't got the last minute winner, this lot would have just been the latest bunch of Muppets to pull on the "3 Lions" 😁

So there arrogance and belief that they are better than they are is what bothers you, what bothers me is they have won the world cup and constantly qualify, whilst we have never come close to winning a world cup and never qualify, fcuk me we can not even get to a Rugby world cup final in which only a handful of countries play or take the game seriously ffs.
England win a game.... on 12:32 - Jun 20 with 1703 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 12:30 - Jun 19 by Jacket

What a pathetic comment. England has a population of nearly 50 million, football is by far the biggest spot, and failing to qualify would be absolutely embarrassing. Wales has a population of under 3 million that gets rugby rammed down it's throat where qualifying in itself would be an achievement. Only one country of 3 million or lower has achieved qualification this time, and usually not a single one achieves this.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 12:33]

Lets not use the small country card is it, just look at New Zealand in Rugby and Iceland in football and there are many more examples to bury that myth, tell me this then, why have Wales never ever come close to winning a rugby world cup despite only a few countries taking part and most of them do not class rugby in there top three most played sports even England who as you say have Football as there number one sport have won the Rugby world cup.
England win a game.... on 13:22 - Jun 20 with 1672 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 12:32 - Jun 20 by perplex

Lets not use the small country card is it, just look at New Zealand in Rugby and Iceland in football and there are many more examples to bury that myth, tell me this then, why have Wales never ever come close to winning a rugby world cup despite only a few countries taking part and most of them do not class rugby in there top three most played sports even England who as you say have Football as there number one sport have won the Rugby world cup.

I put up a list of the greatest footballers ever on the net a few years ago, a pretty standard list and no Englishman made the top 30 if I remember right or was it top 50.
Wales had of course John Charles.
England's population is pushing about 20 times the size of Wales.

Wales could have won two World cups, 1934 if they had entered and 1958 with John Charles kicked out of it when they made the quarters.
England won a dubious home World cup, known as the robbery of the century.

In rugby England stand head and shoulders above any other rugby nation for registered players, they should be winning all the time but they are not, they won just the one rugby World cup when they should have been kicked out for deliberately put 16 players on the field to avoid losing, Wales have made two semi's and had straight red cards in each, the second of which Wales deserved to have won and probably would have won the final at the time.

Wales made the semi's of the last Euros and were missing two key players in that match and previously they were done in the 70s in the quarters against a team who were hosting the finals, the resulting riots meant Wales playing on a neutral ground in a qualifier for the next WC and then getting knocked out by a team punching the ball in the net.

Wales have overachieved in sports where as England have underachieved taking population into consideration but one area that Wales is very strong in and England is weak in is individual talent, probably to do with eugenics but we don't like talking about national characteristics and traits do we - don't worry I think all people are equal but Welshies more likely to have flair and vision where our friends the other side of the border are more likely to have workrate and teamwork, Welsh individuals at the top of sport historically are always likely to compare well with our friends from the other side of the bridge.

England win a game.... on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 1670 viewsmoonie

anything to dig at England then tramp.
England win a game.... on 13:43 - Jun 20 with 1656 viewstrampie

Seems like posters having a dig at Wales if anything i'm putting things into context and Wales compares favourably to England, I checked how people vote in the Wirral some months back and seen that it is a Labour stronghold moonie, after everything you say as well.

England win a game.... on 13:46 - Jun 20 with 1657 viewsmoonie

English friends? Or friends in England ,a country you hate and who s people youbwantbout if Wales .
England win a game.... on 13:50 - Jun 20 with 1646 viewstrampie

I don't hate the occupied territories.........hmm,I mean England, there are lots of good things to come out of England like the M4.

England win a game.... on 13:55 - Jun 20 with 1641 viewsraynor94

England win a game.... on 13:22 - Jun 20 by trampie

I put up a list of the greatest footballers ever on the net a few years ago, a pretty standard list and no Englishman made the top 30 if I remember right or was it top 50.
Wales had of course John Charles.
England's population is pushing about 20 times the size of Wales.

Wales could have won two World cups, 1934 if they had entered and 1958 with John Charles kicked out of it when they made the quarters.
England won a dubious home World cup, known as the robbery of the century.

In rugby England stand head and shoulders above any other rugby nation for registered players, they should be winning all the time but they are not, they won just the one rugby World cup when they should have been kicked out for deliberately put 16 players on the field to avoid losing, Wales have made two semi's and had straight red cards in each, the second of which Wales deserved to have won and probably would have won the final at the time.

Wales made the semi's of the last Euros and were missing two key players in that match and previously they were done in the 70s in the quarters against a team who were hosting the finals, the resulting riots meant Wales playing on a neutral ground in a qualifier for the next WC and then getting knocked out by a team punching the ball in the net.

Wales have overachieved in sports where as England have underachieved taking population into consideration but one area that Wales is very strong in and England is weak in is individual talent, probably to do with eugenics but we don't like talking about national characteristics and traits do we - don't worry I think all people are equal but Welshies more likely to have flair and vision where our friends the other side of the border are more likely to have workrate and teamwork, Welsh individuals at the top of sport historically are always likely to compare well with our friends from the other side of the bridge.

So Banks and Moore never made the top fifty? Remind me again tramps, how many games Wales won with Charlo at the 58 World cup, the one they had the luck of the draw to qualify for, thanks to Belgium refusing to play Israel

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England win a game.... on 14:07 - Jun 20 with 1632 viewsmoonie

How about the Welsh occupying England .

Would you advocate armed struggle as you seem obsessed with it ,the fact we are all a part of the Inited Kingdom. IT says so on your passport
England win a game.... on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 1618 viewsFireboy2

England win a game.... on 13:25 - Jun 20 by moonie

anything to dig at England then tramp.

Question for you richie?

Whats the phrase used by the welsh for a welsh person who wants to be english
England win a game.... on 14:32 - Jun 20 with 1613 viewstrampie

England win a game.... on 13:55 - Jun 20 by raynor94

So Banks and Moore never made the top fifty? Remind me again tramps, how many games Wales won with Charlo at the 58 World cup, the one they had the luck of the draw to qualify for, thanks to Belgium refusing to play Israel

Wales did not lose a single match with John Charles in the team in that World Cup finals, they drew with the mighty Magyars with John Charles scoring in their first match, drew with Mexico who had qualified for the finals by winning all their matches with Wales letting in a last minute goal, drew with host nation and eventual finalists Sweden and then beat the mighty Magyars in a play off, the game they kicked John Charles out of the tournament in.
Wales then lost to eventual winners Brazil 1-0 in the Quarters in a game that lots of people including the Welsh players thought on the balance of play they would have won the match if John Charles was not injured.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 14:34]

England win a game.... on 14:42 - Jun 20 with 1607 viewsmoonie

No idea. Eddie.
Can't say Ive given it much thought

I'm quite happy in my own skin

When we having that pint? In England
England win a game.... on 14:53 - Jun 20 with 1594 viewsFireboy2

England win a game.... on 14:42 - Jun 20 by moonie

No idea. Eddie.
Can't say Ive given it much thought

I'm quite happy in my own skin

When we having that pint? In England

Surprised you dont know as you usually know everything

And re the drink i will throw you some dates then we can reminisce about all good things we miss about our lovely ugly town and our great country of our birth
England win a game.... on 15:17 - Jun 20 with 1584 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wales could have won the World Cup in 1934 apparently.

If we'd entered.

Fair play Tramps. That made me laugh.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

England win a game.... on 15:22 - Jun 20 with 1577 viewsGlyn1

England win a game.... on 12:05 - Jun 19 by sherpajacob

Should not begrudge England celebrating a win against Tunisia.

In the last 3 world cups in total they've beaten the might of Slovenia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, and that's it.

Wow, that's amazing.

Personally, I hope that they do well. I haven't seen any arrogance in the team or in my English work colleagues. Which group teams could they play in the 1st qualifying round?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024