Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto Martinez 21:38 - Jun 28 with 17823 viewsSgorioFruit

Turned Swansea City FC into one of the most attractive playing football clubs in the whole of the British isles. Massively influential in putting the foundations in for SCFC to become a model club that would rise from league 1 to Premier league in a matter of few years.
And he has also just beaten England in a World Cup game.
If you were told that was going to happen while he was playing for us down the vetch you would have thought you were dreaming.

I’d like to buy that man a pint.

Please discuss.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Roberto Martinez on 15:14 - Jul 2 with 1045 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 14:04 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Absolutely. My point being any form I have for threads such as this is due to my online fanbase, those threads in the main are built in fact with me. You are no stranger threads like this either, yet yours is usually opinion based.

No, I don’t mean people calling you or anyone else a troll, why would that be a fanbase?. Are you being disingenuous again? I mean the people who follow around someone they admire on the internet due to their ability to debate common sense scenarios and see it as a challenge to debate with them. Even if it is based on fact. Those same people do then get frustrated and start labelling “troll” if that is what you are referring to?

Then your last paragraph is strawman. At no point did anyone say that. You were replying to me who made a point based on honest debate. You created the scenario you are now talking about, you were essentially arguing with yourself.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 14:14]

So when you put fan base in inverted commas, you were actually referring to people you think admire you? I honestly thought you were being dismissive about people who try to wind you up.

My debates are invariably opinion based. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

And to be honest, the only multi page debates I can remember having are with yourself and Jackfath.

With the last point, you chose to take those points personally. They were no more directed st you than ‘emotionally unstable’ was at me.
Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 2 with 1002 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 15:14 - Jul 2 by jack247

So when you put fan base in inverted commas, you were actually referring to people you think admire you? I honestly thought you were being dismissive about people who try to wind you up.

And to be honest, the only multi page debates I can remember having are with yourself and Jackfath.

With the last point, you chose to take those points personally. They were no more directed st you than ‘emotionally unstable’ was at me.

Not “think” no, know. That much is patently obvious.

I don’t see anything wrong with that either, you are the one that threw out the accusation of not accepting other people’s opjnions and also that I am involved in threads like this. It is quite different being involved in threads like this when you are standing on the stage build on facts, you have the luxury of not having to listen to opinion as the facts negate them. When yours is built on opinion then you have to be a bit more diplomatic, the fact yours is built on opinion suggests that maybe it is you that is not listening to anyone else’s opinion, otherwise why would they end up so long?

Yes they were. You called me egotistical, you called my debate “autistic” when it was simply fact based... they were very much directed at me. I think you are better than that, to try and take back or water down comments there for all to read.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roberto Martinez on 20:08 - Jul 2 with 998 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

I don’t see anything wrong with that either, you are the one that threw out the accusation of not accepting other people’s opjnions and also that I am involved in threads like this. It is quite different being involved in threads like this when you are standing on the stage build on facts, you have the luxury of not having to listen to opinion as the facts negate them. When yours is built on opinion then you have to be a bit more diplomatic, the fact yours is built on opinion suggests that maybe it is you that is not listening to anyone else’s opinion, otherwise why would they end up so long?

Yes they were. You called me egotistical, you called my debate “autistic” when it was simply fact based... they were very much directed at me. I think you are better than that, to try and take back or water down comments there for all to read.

He’s wrong about being autistic. More Aspergers I’d say.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto Martinez on 20:09 - Jul 2 with 992 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:08 - Jul 2 by Darran

He’s wrong about being autistic. More Aspergers I’d say.

Of course you would . You are a troll. That’s trolling 101

Roberto Martinez on 20:13 - Jul 2 with 983 viewsJackfath

I gave up this sort of thing a long time ago. I got bored tying the likes of these muppets up in knots. Still each to their own.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Roberto Martinez on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 976 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:13 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

I gave up this sort of thing a long time ago. I got bored tying the likes of these muppets up in knots. Still each to their own.

Lack of stamina.

Roberto Martinez on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 973 viewsJackfath

Roberto Martinez on 20:14 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Lack of stamina.

If you say so, my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Roberto Martinez on 20:16 - Jul 2 with 969 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:14 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

If you say so, my friend.

I do.

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto Martinez on 20:17 - Jul 2 with 967 viewsJackfath

Roberto Martinez on 20:16 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

I do.

I know, that's why I said it. Keep up, eh?

Roberto Martinez on 20:19 - Jul 2 with 961 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:17 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

I know, that's why I said it. Keep up, eh?

You said “if” I say so, you didn’t seem too sure of yourself. I clarified for you.

Keep up.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 20:21]

Roberto Martinez on 20:22 - Jul 2 with 953 viewsJackfath

Roberto Martinez on 20:19 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

You said “if” I say so, you didn’t seem too sure of yourself. I clarified for you.

Keep up.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 20:21]

We used to have some fun back in the day. Remember when we got you to post up your online betting balance to prove how rich you are?

Roberto Martinez on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 945 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:22 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

We used to have some fun back in the day. Remember when we got you to post up your online betting balance to prove how rich you are?

No. I certainly don’t. Sounds an awfully silly thing to want someone to do.

Roberto Martinez on 21:00 - Jul 2 with 909 viewsBadlands

Charlie not good enough for us last season according to many fans!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Roberto Martinez on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 888 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 20:13 - Jul 2 by Jackfath

You recently spent a couple of hours arguing that supporting England in the World Cup because they are our neighbours, was in no way comparable to supporting Cardiff in the PL next season because they are out neighbours.

Giving up was the right move for you.
Roberto Martinez on 21:38 - Jul 2 with 865 viewsjackrabbit

9 pages of inconsequential drivel. After 3 minutes of browsing some of the latter pages I lost the will to live. I'd probably have to go back to the early pages to actually read some content about Roberto. Perhaps there needs to be an automatic limiter that closes a thread after say, 3 or 4 pages?
Roberto Martinez on 21:49 - Jul 2 with 845 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 21:00 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Charlie not good enough for us last season according to many fans!

Our players could have done with some.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto Martinez on 22:19 - Jul 2 with 810 viewsBadlands

Roberto Martinez on 21:49 - Jul 2 by Darran

Our players could have done with some.

I really should read my comments before clicking 'add reply'!!
I did of course mean heroin. :-)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Roberto Martinez on 22:48 - Jul 2 with 778 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberto Martinez on 21:38 - Jul 2 by jackrabbit

9 pages of inconsequential drivel. After 3 minutes of browsing some of the latter pages I lost the will to live. I'd probably have to go back to the early pages to actually read some content about Roberto. Perhaps there needs to be an automatic limiter that closes a thread after say, 3 or 4 pages?

A sort of Dimi-Limiter?
Roberto Martinez on 22:51 - Jul 2 with 772 viewsE20Jack

The best bet would be for all E20 and Res obsessive to stop hanging off their every word and trying to prove facts wrong.

If that was adhered to then this forum would have around 2000 less pages.

Roberto Martinez on 23:33 - Jul 2 with 734 viewsFireboy2

Roberto Martinez on 22:51 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

The best bet would be for all E20 and Res obsessive to stop hanging off their every word and trying to prove facts wrong.

If that was adhered to then this forum would have around 2000 less pages.

Then you/res wouldnt like that as you actually love the attention you get
Roberto Martinez on 23:37 - Jul 2 with 729 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 23:33 - Jul 2 by Fireboy2

Then you/res wouldnt like that as you actually love the attention you get

I am impartial.

More than happy either way.

Roberto Martinez on 06:10 - Jul 3 with 653 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

I called you egotistical. You have stated that you have a fan club and are in the conversation for Swansea City’s biggest fan. I’d be hard pressed to find a better example to be honest.

And yes, I said your viewpoint was autistic. Tunnel visioned may have been a more appropriate term.

The last long debate I had with you, was you arguing that Tammy had a good season. Very much an opinion. You backed it up, incorrectly, with the fact that he was our top league goal scorer at the time. When it was pointed out that he wasn’t, you changed it to biggest direct goal threat, which was an opinion. I think you meant most goal per minute on the pitch, which would have been a fact. A flaky one, seeing as he wasn’t on the pitch that much, but a fact all the same. My counter argument was that he scored 5 all season despite being available for almost all of it (fact), that he was often not picked despite being the only fit striker in the squad (first part fact, second part opinion, as you could argue the Ayews were strikers) and that he wasn’t much of a direct goal threat, as he rarely troubled defences (opinion).

Anyway, I don’t want another 9 pages with you or to get back into the Tammy debate. I’ll leave you pick holes in what I’ve said and move on.
Roberto Martinez on 06:47 - Jul 3 with 640 viewsraynor94

Roberto Martinez on 15:14 - Jul 2 by jack247

Why don't you pair take your spats to pm, you are killing this board, a thread about Roberto totally derailed again.

You pair need to get a life away from here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roberto Martinez on 07:51 - Jul 3 with 606 views34dfgdf54

Roberto Martinez on 06:47 - Jul 3 by raynor94

Why don't you pair take your spats to pm, you are killing this board, a thread about Roberto totally derailed again.

You pair need to get a life away from here

Nothing wrong with 247 mate, this E20 fella just goes on and on like a broken record.
Roberto Martinez on 07:56 - Jul 3 with 602 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 06:10 - Jul 3 by jack247

I called you egotistical. You have stated that you have a fan club and are in the conversation for Swansea City’s biggest fan. I’d be hard pressed to find a better example to be honest.

And yes, I said your viewpoint was autistic. Tunnel visioned may have been a more appropriate term.

The last long debate I had with you, was you arguing that Tammy had a good season. Very much an opinion. You backed it up, incorrectly, with the fact that he was our top league goal scorer at the time. When it was pointed out that he wasn’t, you changed it to biggest direct goal threat, which was an opinion. I think you meant most goal per minute on the pitch, which would have been a fact. A flaky one, seeing as he wasn’t on the pitch that much, but a fact all the same. My counter argument was that he scored 5 all season despite being available for almost all of it (fact), that he was often not picked despite being the only fit striker in the squad (first part fact, second part opinion, as you could argue the Ayews were strikers) and that he wasn’t much of a direct goal threat, as he rarely troubled defences (opinion).

Anyway, I don’t want another 9 pages with you or to get back into the Tammy debate. I’ll leave you pick holes in what I’ve said and move on.

Yet you said that by before I factually told you I had a fan club or that I was factually in the conversation for our biggest fan. So what you mean to say is they were directed at me! When you denied it in your last post. Stating facts has nothing to do with ego, does it?

What do you mean by tunnel visioned? Please don’t tell me you have regressed back to a state where you don’t understand the debate again??! I have stated two indisputable facts, how is that tunnel visioned? You actually want me to ditch facts that are clearly true? You aren’t making much sense.

I didn’t say he had a good season you have misquoted or misunderstood again, which is a familiar theme - II said he didn’t have a bad season. Which is correct. It was never based on goals, it was just one of the reasons why he didn’t have a bad season, due to his lack of playing time Ayew overtook him in goals but the point remained - hence I then showed the fact that if we are comparing him actual time on the pitch, he was our biggest goal threat - again fact.

Being available is neither here nor there, our system was to play one up front and you have been told. A role not suited to Tammy. It is utterly brain dead or at the very best showing a complete lack of understanding of our situation to think it has any relevance at all.

I am more than happy to continue the debate on either, the first one isn’t even a debate whether you bizarrely call it narrow minded or get all prickly and anusive over it - it isn’t an opinion, you are arguing against facts.

The second one has been done to death and note that not a single person took me up on the offer regarding his premier league goals - very telling.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024