Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto Martinez 21:38 - Jun 28 with 17852 viewsSgorioFruit

Turned Swansea City FC into one of the most attractive playing football clubs in the whole of the British isles. Massively influential in putting the foundations in for SCFC to become a model club that would rise from league 1 to Premier league in a matter of few years.
And he has also just beaten England in a World Cup game.
If you were told that was going to happen while he was playing for us down the vetch you would have thought you were dreaming.

I’d like to buy that man a pint.

Please discuss.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Roberto Martinez on 12:00 - Jul 1 with 927 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 11:48 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

ML did not fail. We had a dip on form due to a whole host of reasons. The same with FG to a lesser extent.

And if you ask Wigan fans if their Martinez era was a failure they will also tell you a categorical and resounding no. They were the smallest team in the Premier League by some distance.

Laudrup field in his duty to care for the club in my opinion. He and Bayram treated it as their own money printing machine, this was shown by the deals they insisted on making. They were harmful for the club and impossible to continue long term, hence why any success we had was extremely short term.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roberto Martinez on 12:54 - Jul 1 with 908 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 09:39 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

The Spanish people must be observers and not football fans, how can they even consider appointing someone who did the despicable act of leaving a football club he did so much for in order to manage in the Premier League?

This ‘observer’ comment has really touched a nerve hasn’t it? You’ve brought it up a few times replying to different people. Not like you to be that childish.

Anyway, I’ll take being an ‘emotionally unstable’ fan a over binary, passionless one any day.
Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 1 with 858 viewsTreforys_Jack

Roberto is a legend to me. Put down the foundation for 8yrs or so of pure quality and entertainment.
Roberto Martinez on 20:15 - Jul 1 with 852 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 1 by Treforys_Jack

Roberto is a legend to me. Put down the foundation for 8yrs or so of pure quality and entertainment.

Second sentence is beyond doubt. Plus we’d have probably dropped out of the league if he hadn’t come on loan.

Not a legend in my eyes, though he could easily have been. Reasons already debated to death.
Roberto Martinez on 21:18 - Jul 1 with 824 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 12:54 - Jul 1 by jack247

This ‘observer’ comment has really touched a nerve hasn’t it? You’ve brought it up a few times replying to different people. Not like you to be that childish.

Anyway, I’ll take being an ‘emotionally unstable’ fan a over binary, passionless one any day.

Not touched a nerve no, but resonated with me in how far people will go to defend the indefensible instead of holding their hands up and taking common sense on the chin.

Who passionless and binary?

I quite clearly stated that you can be a passionate fan and still be able to be honest about situations. I then backed that up with several examples of exactly that.

It really is that simple.

Roberto Martinez on 21:20 - Jul 1 with 822 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 20:04 - Jul 1 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed.

You must be a binary passionless observer then??

Looks like there is a large number of us. (Thankfully)

we can all be passionless and binary together when we are going mental next time we score but able to speak the truth the following it. Lucky us.

Roberto Martinez on 21:30 - Jul 1 with 817 viewsswancity

Roberto Martinez on 20:15 - Jul 1 by jack247

Second sentence is beyond doubt. Plus we’d have probably dropped out of the league if he hadn’t come on loan.

Not a legend in my eyes, though he could easily have been. Reasons already debated to death.

Not a legend? You still don't understand football do you.

For what he did as a player and captain and then as a Manager he will always be regarded as a Swans legend. No getting away from that. It's a plain old fact I'm afraid whether you call him nasty names now or not.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Roberto Martinez on 21:33 - Jul 1 with 815 viewsDarran

I think he’s definitely a Swansea City legend. Being a çunt shouldn’t take away what he did before he was a çunt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto Martinez on 21:41 - Jul 1 with 811 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 21:30 - Jul 1 by swancity

Not a legend? You still don't understand football do you.

For what he did as a player and captain and then as a Manager he will always be regarded as a Swans legend. No getting away from that. It's a plain old fact I'm afraid whether you call him nasty names now or not.

Is Huw Jenkins a legend?
Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jul 1 with 797 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 21:18 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

Not touched a nerve no, but resonated with me in how far people will go to defend the indefensible instead of holding their hands up and taking common sense on the chin.

Who passionless and binary?

I quite clearly stated that you can be a passionate fan and still be able to be honest about situations. I then backed that up with several examples of exactly that.

It really is that simple.

Not touched a nerve, but you’ve repeated it at every opportunity. You’re usually above stuff like that.

I’ve given you a very clear example of a player moving from one club to another, that understandably irked fans at the time and probably still does today. They all move on though, did the fans expect him to stay forever?

I’ve been honest about the situation. I’ve given him all the credit in the world for what he did before he left. I didn’t like the way he left. I’m not sure if you can search back that far on here, but it was a very commonly held view at the time, you’ll have to believe me on that.

And I’ve stated that your opinion is exactly that, it’s not fact and it never will be. As hard as that may be for you to accept,
Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jul 1 with 797 viewsswancity

Roberto Martinez on 21:41 - Jul 1 by jack247

Is Huw Jenkins a legend?

Further proof you don't understand.

Why would he be a legend? Has done a very good job as Chairman from 2002 to 2013/14. Since then he's shown his true colours by deceiving the Supporters Trust, being dishonest and ensuring that his own bank balance and personal wealth came before the future of the Club. He wasn't in the running for legend status before all of this so highly unlikely now😂

Roberto Martinez on 22:02 - Jul 1 with 788 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jul 1 by swancity

Why would he be a legend? Has done a very good job as Chairman from 2002 to 2013/14. Since then he's shown his true colours by deceiving the Supporters Trust, being dishonest and ensuring that his own bank balance and personal wealth came before the future of the Club. He wasn't in the running for legend status before all of this so highly unlikely now😂

Martinez would never do that.

Roberto Martinez on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 787 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jul 1 by swancity

Because without him, there would have been no Martínez, no Leon, no Trundle, no Premier League, no Laudrup, no Michu, no League Cup, no winning in Valencia.

I happen to think he is a massive twàt because of what he’s done in the last couple of years. Based on your criteria though, he’s done as much for the club as anyone.

‘Being dishonest and ensuring his own bank balance and personal wealth came before the future of the club’.....
Roberto Martinez on 22:05 - Jul 1 with 784 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 22:03 - Jul 1 by jack247

Because without him, there would have been no Martínez, no Leon, no Trundle, no Premier League, no Laudrup, no Michu, no League Cup, no winning in Valencia.

I happen to think he is a massive twàt because of what he’s done in the last couple of years. Based on your criteria though, he’s done as much for the club as anyone.

‘Being dishonest and ensuring his own bank balance and personal wealth came before the future of the club’.....

Well said Tim.

Roberto Martinez on 22:08 - Jul 1 with 779 viewsswancity

Roberto Martinez on 22:03 - Jul 1 by jack247

Well that's all pure guess work. You don't know what would or would not have happened. RM was ambitious. His plans changed once his former Club came in for him. Jenkins has shagged his own club up the arse time and time again. Can't you see the difference?

Roberto Martinez on 22:10 - Jul 1 with 778 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jul 1 by jack247

Not touched a nerve, but you’ve repeated it at every opportunity. You’re usually above stuff like that.

I’ve given you a very clear example of a player moving from one club to another, that understandably irked fans at the time and probably still does today. They all move on though, did the fans expect him to stay forever?

I’ve been honest about the situation. I’ve given him all the credit in the world for what he did before he left. I didn’t like the way he left. I’m not sure if you can search back that far on here, but it was a very commonly held view at the time, you’ll have to believe me on that.

And I’ve stated that your opinion is exactly that, it’s not fact and it never will be. As hard as that may be for you to accept,

Absolutely repeating it, showing how ludicrous a statement it is. Why is it childish, you said it, you should be more than happy for me to bring it up.

You have given an example of a situation that almost never happens, a player moving to a same city bitter historical rival in the same league. They weren’t annoyed about him leaving, they were annoyed he went to a bitter rival in the same City, in the same league. It is fair that this never crossed their mind due to how frequent it happens (almost never).

That is absolutely not related to Martinez, people were annoyed simply because he left. Something that was inevitable. There is a massive difference and I don’t believe for one second you cannot see that. That is why you refuse to use a more suitable example.

What I have said is fact though, I don’t believe I have given an opinion on this whole exchange have I? Which is what makes this all the more ridiculous on your part. You are arguing against facts that you clearly don’t like.

Roberto Martinez on 22:27 - Jul 1 with 761 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:08 - Jul 1 by swancity

Well that's all pure guess work. You don't know what would or would not have happened. RM was ambitious. His plans changed once his former Club came in for him. Jenkins has shagged his own club up the arse time and time again. Can't you see the difference?

Pure guess work?

So what Jenkins (and by association the rest of the sellouts) did, quite likely would have happened anyway? Go to bed mate.
Roberto Martinez on 22:30 - Jul 1 with 756 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 22:27 - Jul 1 by jack247

Pure guess work?

So what Jenkins (and by association the rest of the sellouts) did, quite likely would have happened anyway? Go to bed mate.

Spot on again.

Roberto Martinez on 22:34 - Jul 1 with 752 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:10 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

Absolutely repeating it, showing how ludicrous a statement it is. Why is it childish, you said it, you should be more than happy for me to bring it up.

You have given an example of a situation that almost never happens, a player moving to a same city bitter historical rival in the same league. They weren’t annoyed about him leaving, they were annoyed he went to a bitter rival in the same City, in the same league. It is fair that this never crossed their mind due to how frequent it happens (almost never).

That is absolutely not related to Martinez, people were annoyed simply because he left. Something that was inevitable. There is a massive difference and I don’t believe for one second you cannot see that. That is why you refuse to use a more suitable example.

What I have said is fact though, I don’t believe I have given an opinion on this whole exchange have I? Which is what makes this all the more ridiculous on your part. You are arguing against facts that you clearly don’t like.

The entire debate is opinion.

Mine is that passion overrides logic sometimes with football fans and that although technically Martinez did nothing wrong, we felt stabbed in the back.

Yours is that he was simply an employee leaving his job for a better one and therefore we had no right to feel aggrieved.

Neither are facts, both are opinions.

Sarcastically repeating something several times ‘well you must be passionless if you like Martinez’ or whatever, is childish. We see that sort of thing often on here, but almost always from lesser posters.
Roberto Martinez on 22:35 - Jul 1 with 752 viewsE20Jack

Pure guess work?

You think if someone unrelated to Swansea bought the club then they would not have sold it for as much as they could? Jenkins and co were the best we could have hoped for and realistically best we can still hope for. Whether you like him or not, Jenkins is still a Swansea fan. Jenkins and co drew a wage, I very much imagine you will be dreaming of the days our owners just took a wage when we get passed from pillar to post.

Roberto Martinez on 22:37 - Jul 1 with 750 viewsswancity

Pure guess work?

I didn't say it was likely to have happened anyway? You're making things up again.

What we don't know and will never know is how things would have materialised. I'm not sure why you've brought Jenkins in to a debate about a young talented clever ambitious Manager who had an offer to go to another club that he couldn't turn down and that changed his immediate plans.

Roberto Martinez on 22:39 - Jul 1 with 746 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 22:37 - Jul 1 by swancity

I didn't say it was likely to have happened anyway? You're making things up again.

What we don't know and will never know is how things would have materialised. I'm not sure why you've brought Jenkins in to a debate about a young talented clever ambitious Manager who had an offer to go to another club that he couldn't turn down and that changed his immediate plans.

Why couldn’t he turn it down?

Roberto Martinez on 22:41 - Jul 1 with 743 viewsswancity

Roberto Martinez on 22:39 - Jul 1 by Darran

Why couldn’t he turn it down?

Have a guess. Go I'll give you ten minutes to think of at least three reasons to win a prize.

Roberto Martinez on 22:41 - Jul 1 with 743 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:35 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

You think if someone unrelated to Swansea bought the club then they would not have sold it for as much as they could? Jenkins and co were the best we could have hoped for and realistically best we can still hope for. Whether you like him or not, Jenkins is still a Swansea fan. Jenkins and co drew a wage, I very much imagine you will be dreaming of the days our owners just took a wage when we get passed from pillar to post.

That’s nowhere near the point I’m making.

I’m saying that until they got greedy, which I don’t blame them for in itself, I just detest the way they sold to the people they did, behind the trusts back, rather than hold out for a deal that would have made them rich and progresses the club.

I’m playing devils advocate with Swancity in that if Martinez is a legend for what he did before he went to Wigan, the Jenkins is in the conversation for what he did before he sold out.

In reality, I don’t think either of them are, because of the way one left and the other sold. The way they went about it, not the fact it happened.
Roberto Martinez on 22:44 - Jul 1 with 738 viewsDarran

Roberto Martinez on 22:41 - Jul 1 by swancity

Have a guess. Go I'll give you ten minutes to think of at least three reasons to win a prize.

I can’t think of one especially after Martin Morgan offered him a lumper to stay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024