Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The secret Trust Facebook Page 18:14 - Jul 25 with 1736 viewsDarran

Nice to see The Res making new friends. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 18:19 - Jul 25 with 1719 viewsWingstandwood

What is actually going on over on that 'private-members' must be on the guestlist to attend/gain entry site?

Argus!

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:21 - Jul 25 with 1599 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 18:19 - Jul 25 by Wingstandwood

What is actually going on over on that 'private-members' must be on the guestlist to attend/gain entry site?

Just need to be a Trust member. If you hadn't received an invite on your email address, then feel free to join and it'll get approved no worries.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:26 - Jul 25 with 1580 viewsJackfath

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:21 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

Just need to be a Trust member. If you hadn't received an invite on your email address, then feel free to join and it'll get approved no worries.

Assumption members of the Trust use Facebook. Bonkers.

Why the narrowing of such communication avenues? It's utterly incredible given that so many members of the board are working on communication.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:32 - Jul 25 with 1556 viewsSwanzay

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:26 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Why the narrowing of such communication avenues? It's utterly incredible given that so many members of the board are working on communication.

Another cluster feck by the trust!
The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 1534 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s an extra group, the old one for members and non members is still there.

Poll: Tory leader

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 1526 viewsJackfath

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:43 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Oh. I thought this thread was about the secret private one.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:47 - Jul 25 with 1510 viewsGowerjack

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:43 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Jackfaths point is still valid.

What about trust members who don't use Facebook?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:47 - Jul 25 with 1508 viewspencoedjack

Indeed I’m a trust member who doesn’t do Facebook
Login to get fewer ads

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 1472 viewsmagicdaps10

Is everyone telling him to pee off?

I heard off someone that he was on there stirring the shiite, boy is poison.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 20:38 - Jul 25 with 1397 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 19:47 - Jul 25 by Gowerjack

Jackfaths point is still valid.

What about trust members who don't use Facebook?

It's just an extra platform. Like Twitter, the contact details at the Trust website, even on here, Scfc2 etc. Surely more ways of engaging interaction are a good thing?

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 20:42 - Jul 25 with 1379 viewsUxbridge

Link is https://m.facebook.com/groups/1048078655332650?ref=bookmarks if people can't find the group.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 1307 viewsJackfath

I think you miss the point spectacularly.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:09 - Jul 25 with 1289 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 20:59 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

I think you miss the point spectacularly.

I think you do too.

Not that I'm averse to additional platforms being setup either, but a FB group is quick and easy to setup. Lots of people are already on there, and if you're not, it's easy to set up a profile and join, even if just for that group (and for sanity, that's not a bad idea).

I recall someone was looking at setting some sort of forum on the website too. Not sure what the status of that is. You'd need to set a profile on that too of course, so maybe not massively different...

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 1277 viewsIAN05

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:09 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

I think you do too.

Not that I'm averse to additional platforms being setup either, but a FB group is quick and easy to setup. Lots of people are already on there, and if you're not, it's easy to set up a profile and join, even if just for that group (and for sanity, that's not a bad idea).

I recall someone was looking at setting some sort of forum on the website too. Not sure what the status of that is. You'd need to set a profile on that too of course, so maybe not massively different...

Ux, does the Trust board have a viewpoint on the mess that the club seems to have got itself into again this pre-season?
The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:20 - Jul 25 with 1254 viewsexiledclaseboy

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:13 - Jul 25 by IAN05

Ux, does the Trust board have a viewpoint on the mess that the club seems to have got itself into again this pre-season?

Well this isn’t a Trust board view but my personal view is that it’s a f*cking shambles. Again.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:26 - Jul 25 with 1214 viewsIAN05

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:20 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Well this isn’t a Trust board view but my personal view is that it’s a f*cking shambles. Again.

Ha.....can't argue with that.

Does the on going mediation make it difficult for the Trust to apply pressure by asking tough questions through media etc??
The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:28 - Jul 25 with 1204 viewsexiledclaseboy

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:26 - Jul 25 by IAN05

Ha.....can't argue with that.

Does the on going mediation make it difficult for the Trust to apply pressure by asking tough questions through media etc??

Not to ask the questions necessarily but to do so publicly is more difficult given the current legal position.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:29 - Jul 25 with 1198 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:13 - Jul 25 by IAN05

Not sure there's an official Trust line on it, but I've always been of the view that you really need to look at where we are at the end of the window before we can judge whether the issues have been addressed or not. Plus of course we have the loan window until 31st Aug.

Clearly there's going to be a financial deficit this year and we need to get rid of some of the higher earners and that's starting to happen. The lack of incomings is definitely a big concern, and I know that view is shared by many (and I know Stu had made the same point at the club, although I suspect it didn't need saying) , but we're told that's being addressed, Potter is fully engaged and leading it, and expecting movement in the coming days. I'm not sure we're in a position to gamble on bringing players in before getting rid of the higher earners first though. The market is relatively slow across the board, and the world cup had definitely had an impact, and only now things seem to be picking up.

So yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but things often change dramatically in the last days of the window. If they don't, we're in trouble.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 21:30]

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:30 - Jul 25 with 1194 viewsGowerjack

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:09 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

I think you do too.

Nope.

You absolutely miss the point.

Regrettably not for the 1st time.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:31 - Jul 25 with 1164 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:30 - Jul 25 by Gowerjack

Nope.

Nope.

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:45 - Jul 25 with 1086 viewsIAN05

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:29 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

Not sure there's an official Trust line on it, but I've always been of the view that you really need to look at where we are at the end of the window before we can judge whether the issues have been addressed or not. Plus of course we have the loan window until 31st Aug.

Clearly there's going to be a financial deficit this year and we need to get rid of some of the higher earners and that's starting to happen. The lack of incomings is definitely a big concern, and I know that view is shared by many (and I know Stu had made the same point at the club, although I suspect it didn't need saying) , but we're told that's being addressed, Potter is fully engaged and leading it, and expecting movement in the coming days. I'm not sure we're in a position to gamble on bringing players in before getting rid of the higher earners first though. The market is relatively slow across the board, and the world cup had definitely had an impact, and only now things seem to be picking up.

So yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but things often change dramatically in the last days of the window. If they don't, we're in trouble.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 21:30]

Don't disagree with the end of window comments in general bit our approach to this always leaves us on the back foot. There has been a fair amount of movement at quite a few clubs - certainly more than we have seen here.

Do we have any insight into the governance at the club around salaries etc ? There seems to be a heck of a lot of urgency to move players out for a club that have bragged about relegation clauses and doing it differently for many years.
Rumours alwayd abound but if the stories of Ayew, Bony and others salaries are even remotely true then there are some serious questions to answer.
The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:52 - Jul 25 with 1059 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:45 - Jul 25 by IAN05

Don't disagree with the end of window comments in general bit our approach to this always leaves us on the back foot. There has been a fair amount of movement at quite a few clubs - certainly more than we have seen here.

Do we have any insight into the governance at the club around salaries etc ? There seems to be a heck of a lot of urgency to move players out for a club that have bragged about relegation clauses and doing it differently for many years.
Rumours alwayd abound but if the stories of Ayew, Bony and others salaries are even remotely true then there are some serious questions to answer.

Agree we've not been half as proactive as I'd have liked. That's not a new thing though. I've said enough on that in recent times.

Most had relegation clauses, not all though. Who didn't is probably easy to guess. We were always going to have to sell, and quite a few, there's a significant shortfall but it's not just getting transfer fees in, also the wages are the killer. Plus, if we want to bring players in they'll cost too, so we've got to clear enough to cover that. There's no new money after all....

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 22:04 - Jul 25 with 1006 viewsmonmouth

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 21:52 - Jul 25 by Uxbridge

Agree we've not been half as proactive as I'd have liked. That's not a new thing though. I've said enough on that in recent times.

Most had relegation clauses, not all though. Who didn't is probably easy to guess. We were always going to have to sell, and quite a few, there's a significant shortfall but it's not just getting transfer fees in, also the wages are the killer. Plus, if we want to bring players in they'll cost too, so we've got to clear enough to cover that. There's no new money after all....

The yanks must be really pissed off? 70m down the shitter, our finances shot to bits, the Beaten and abused Trust partner in mediation threatening divorce, perhaps no real prospect of the golden goose returning looking at our current options.

It all feels very grim indeed from the sidelines just now. We simply must start doing the business on the pitch or else god knows where we’re headed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 22:11 - Jul 25 with 988 viewsjack2jack

For us plebs who are not part of this secret squirrel club, can someone give a brief résumé as to what the fook is occuring, thanks in advance.
The secret Trust Facebook Page on 22:16 - Jul 25 with 968 viewsUxbridge

The secret Trust Facebook Page on 22:04 - Jul 25 by monmouth

The yanks must be really pissed off? 70m down the shitter, our finances shot to bits, the Beaten and abused Trust partner in mediation threatening divorce, perhaps no real prospect of the golden goose returning looking at our current options.

It all feels very grim indeed from the sidelines just now. We simply must start doing the business on the pitch or else god knows where we’re headed.

I suspect you're right. We'll see. It's in their power to sort things out with the Trust though. Always has been.

We could really do with starting the season well. There are still some good players there, so it's possible. If we start badly then the toxic atmosphere of the early part of last season will seem like a kid's party. I suspect they know that though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024