Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about all this is.... 11:32 - Jul 29 with 8130 viewsParsSwans

Yes we are in the championship again and yes we are all disappointed about current situation lack of signings etc etc. We punched above our weight and capabilities for longer than we all thought however the saddest thing about the last few years is the most important thing.... it has divided the most important thing to any club and hats it’s fans.
I respect mostly everyone’s opinions on anything in life and it’s all about debate not hate when talking over things the thing that I find personally frustrating is the way this has all transpired.
In projective terms we went up with a decent squad and spent compatibly less in first year up than we did in the rest of our time up in PL which continued for a second season. Now it’s all good and well saying we don’t have stadium and financial clout etc but the business model and standing we had got into then gave us an advantage ie laudrups side sell on value of players etc etc. So we earned and fought our way there and then after laudrup we started to spend more and more BUT then declined which is unforgivable. I liken it to if my boss gave me a shed full of dosh to improve my store and improve sales, standards, customer experience etc and literally every key performance measure decreased I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on and rightly so. We have wasted millions to get worse is where I’m getting at so all this well we don’t have the financial clout is a nonsense in SOME Regards the money we had continued to be wasted Fees on substandard players, pay offs for all managers booted and huge wages for poor players.
I run a multi million pound organisation and I manage to improve it with reduced labour costs and good strategic planning I’m not a genius but have a decent enough business brain.
We now have discontent partly because some fans have never seen the lows whilst most of us including myself have. I hate bullshit and sadly our board and owners are full of it. remember HJ as the clubs saviour when he and a few others saved the club well to me that has utterly been destroyed” Dyer is like a new signing” on his return from Leicester was just insulting as was the insult “we will learn from this near miss with relegation” two years ago.
Also I find it staggering that some still think he should remain in charge after the unfair dismissal findings of two ex directors and alleged penning of his name to meetings that never transpired in any other place of work that would be he sack and does this still pass the fit and proper peoples test to run a football club?
We desperately need a unifying head of club to move us forward, don’t shoot me for this but I believe Potter was brought in to kind of fulfill this role with playing style, community initiative mindset like the stuff he used to set up between fans and players/staff in Ostersunds. Sadly I think he is the right man at completely the wrong time, personally he would be perfect for a year or twos time when we have cleared the deadwood which we must/have to and all the dust has settled, right now he has come in at the start of the powder keg evolution. Even if one league 1 he’d be in a better place with more of a blank canvas and someone more experienced and a short term appointment to get us through the next two windows of getting all the old out so we CAN then refresh totally and someone like Potter would be far suited to that.
I’ll be there this season and next and whatever league we are in I’m a Swansea City fan through and through but only we can make the difference and we need to now. Get behind Potter and players but drive the old regime and Yanks out of our club so we can unite and whatever fall out after is be proud OUR CLUB is back
Change it...only we can!
The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 4227 viewsGeoffThom

I hate this saying we’ve punched above our weight ! Has anyone actually put the figures on the amount of money that’s gone through this club with tv figures and the vast amount of money we’ve made on transfers because I’m sure it’s a frightening figure and transfers have to be in the + box ,Jesus we supposedly had £40 mill in on one transfer last year without the sky money ,and before anyone says staggered payments I get that but it’s still be there on paper ,Christ Burnley and Huddersfield are ok ,so why can’t we be ,bloody frustrating all of it
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:57]
The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 4197 viewsTheResurrection

I gave up reading after a paragraph or two because we've all read what you no doubt went on to say a million times over.

All I'll say is if you think it gets easier in the EPL the longer you're there you haven't got the right to comment, debate or blurt out an opinion, because it categorically doesn't.

We were the 7th longest member since our promotion. Deal with that fact, digest it, go off and sleep on it, probably over a few days....

And the other ridiculous notion a lot of our imbeciles are spouting of late is that it was harder to fack up... 😂😂😂

It's hideous.

When we went up we may well look back in history as having found our best players ever. There was a lot of hard work in getting there and finding the right players, but a whole lot of cyclical luck as well. How many clubs persevere with a youth winger from West Ham playing in league 2 or bringing back a player from Chester who would completely revolutionise our club forever, or at least burden it with 'how it was'.... Or a right back we paid 10k for when scouting for someone else in the Spanish leagues who would go on and make over 400 appearances with 2 promotions and a major cup. Or even blooding Joey Allen, who let's face it, had we already been in the EPL probably wouldn't have even been risked to play.

We had the best time ever, we should be looking back fondly and respecting what we had and who gave it to us..... Instead of acting like the bitter and twisted kunts we've now become.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:49 - Jul 29 with 4179 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 by GeoffThom

I hate this saying we’ve punched above our weight ! Has anyone actually put the figures on the amount of money that’s gone through this club with tv figures and the vast amount of money we’ve made on transfers because I’m sure it’s a frightening figure and transfers have to be in the + box ,Jesus we supposedly had £40 mill in on one transfer last year without the sky money ,and before anyone says staggered payments I get that but it’s still be there on paper ,Christ Burnley and Huddersfield are ok ,so why can’t we be ,bloody frustrating all of it
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:57]

Burnley went down two seasons ago you thick f#cking cretin. And how long do you expect Huddersfield to stay up???

You see, this right here is what we're up against. Clueless to the core.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:50 - Jul 29 with 4179 viewsmoonie

Great post GT. It's evidence of our insularity and massive inferiority complex.

We were not punching above our weight but exactly the opposite .

We ve taken a rather large bung
The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:50 - Jul 29 with 4178 viewsParsSwans

Agree GeoffThom what I meant was in terms of punching above was in terms of stadia size income into club etc but what I am trying to say is we managed to get over that and put ourselves into a healthier position and then some tw&£s self imploded and destroyed all of it. Agree totally with your point though
The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 4149 viewsParsSwans

THE RESURRECTION Yes it should have been easier to stay up when your income is better than it had been and squad better than ever before a certain clown and his chronicles bollocksed it up mega style. Not hard to understand really. If you were given a wod of cash to do up your house does it get make sense that your house deteriorates, we had plenty of money to stay up there we just wasted it.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 4148 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good post. There are some apologists for the regime which will always Troy out "small club, punching above its weight etc etc" but the fact is we were starting (for want of a better phrase ) to gain weight (money , reputation and respect). Basically through megalomania someone threw it all away.

Relegation was never inevitable. It only became inevitable when we plumped for lazy recruitment methods such as signing supposedly "safe bet" players .

We lost our creative ability to scout properly and missed those gems (The Vardys and Mahrez-es) that were there waiting to be found. The result was relegation when it should not have been. I hope potter has the eye for a young exciting player which will get us back on track.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:55 - Jul 29 with 4142 viewsGeoffThom

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:49 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Burnley went down two seasons ago you thick f#cking cretin. And how long do you expect Huddersfield to stay up???

You see, this right here is what we're up against. Clueless to the core.

Yeah and stayed down for 1 season now in Europe and I’m the cretin Huddersfield still there were not ,hmmm go back to Sunday drinks numb nuts you blew any sense out of the water with your drivel last year you know feck all as was proved
Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:02 - Jul 29 with 4101 viewsParsSwans

Well put Brynmill Jack you described that better than me mate! Absolutely spot on agree 100% we had gained weight and standing just messed it up after that
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:04 - Jul 29 with 4084 viewsmoonie

" look back in history" so that s it.
We were a nothing club prior to Jenkins et al ,got taken to the Prem and played the big boys .

That s fookn it?

Just fook off with that attitude .We really don't need that .

I can guarantee our scum capital cousins won't be suffering from that ,no matter what happens

They ve replaced us at the top table,have a shrewd kuntish manager, while we have a silent ingenue

Fook this, I'm out
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:16 - Jul 29 with 4017 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:02 - Jul 29 by ParsSwans

Well put Brynmill Jack you described that better than me mate! Absolutely spot on agree 100% we had gained weight and standing just messed it up after that

Thanks. People on here who say the opposite, i.e. we would inevitably fall are either board members or their stooges in denial.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:18 - Jul 29 with 3997 viewsBillyChong

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:48 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

I gave up reading after a paragraph or two because we've all read what you no doubt went on to say a million times over.

All I'll say is if you think it gets easier in the EPL the longer you're there you haven't got the right to comment, debate or blurt out an opinion, because it categorically doesn't.

We were the 7th longest member since our promotion. Deal with that fact, digest it, go off and sleep on it, probably over a few days....

And the other ridiculous notion a lot of our imbeciles are spouting of late is that it was harder to fack up... 😂😂😂

It's hideous.

When we went up we may well look back in history as having found our best players ever. There was a lot of hard work in getting there and finding the right players, but a whole lot of cyclical luck as well. How many clubs persevere with a youth winger from West Ham playing in league 2 or bringing back a player from Chester who would completely revolutionise our club forever, or at least burden it with 'how it was'.... Or a right back we paid 10k for when scouting for someone else in the Spanish leagues who would go on and make over 400 appearances with 2 promotions and a major cup. Or even blooding Joey Allen, who let's face it, had we already been in the EPL probably wouldn't have even been risked to play.

We had the best time ever, we should be looking back fondly and respecting what we had and who gave it to us..... Instead of acting like the bitter and twisted kunts we've now become.

As well as those players worked out Jenkins and co still screwed it all up in the end. We could have stayed there for years with a bit of sense. Greed and stupidly prevailed. You see yourself as a bit of a man who knows his football - it’s plain to see to those with half a clue who’s at fault for this. They’ve outdone all of their good work. Wnkrs like Dineen and JVZ gloating with their dollars. Ruined the model club and the name of the city.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:22 - Jul 29 with 3975 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:54 - Jul 29 by ParsSwans

THE RESURRECTION Yes it should have been easier to stay up when your income is better than it had been and squad better than ever before a certain clown and his chronicles bollocksed it up mega style. Not hard to understand really. If you were given a wod of cash to do up your house does it get make sense that your house deteriorates, we had plenty of money to stay up there we just wasted it.

Please give an explanation for every other football club in the English system, outside of the top 6 then.

I see you've conveniently forgotten to mention that. How is it that NONE of them can stay up??

NONE!!!!!

Think FFS, it's not hard. Take time to really think about it. Think about all the great club teams that have come and gone and where some of them are now...

Forget your non-sensical analogies and THINK FFS.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:24 - Jul 29 with 3957 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:54 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Good post. There are some apologists for the regime which will always Troy out "small club, punching above its weight etc etc" but the fact is we were starting (for want of a better phrase ) to gain weight (money , reputation and respect). Basically through megalomania someone threw it all away.

Relegation was never inevitable. It only became inevitable when we plumped for lazy recruitment methods such as signing supposedly "safe bet" players .

We lost our creative ability to scout properly and missed those gems (The Vardys and Mahrez-es) that were there waiting to be found. The result was relegation when it should not have been. I hope potter has the eye for a young exciting player which will get us back on track.

The Vardy's and the Mahrez's, hey even the Kante's....

You think Leicester will keep unearthing them???

They're a season or 2 away from a serious relegation battle.

Thick.as.fack.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:24 - Jul 29 with 3953 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:55 - Jul 29 by GeoffThom

Yeah and stayed down for 1 season now in Europe and I’m the cretin Huddersfield still there were not ,hmmm go back to Sunday drinks numb nuts you blew any sense out of the water with your drivel last year you know feck all as was proved

You haven't got any brains mate. Useless.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:25 - Jul 29 with 3942 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:04 - Jul 29 by moonie

" look back in history" so that s it.
We were a nothing club prior to Jenkins et al ,got taken to the Prem and played the big boys .

That s fookn it?

Just fook off with that attitude .We really don't need that .

I can guarantee our scum capital cousins won't be suffering from that ,no matter what happens

They ve replaced us at the top table,have a shrewd kuntish manager, while we have a silent ingenue

Fook this, I'm out

They lasted 1 season you utter prick. Fack off and keep running away ya facking joke.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 3924 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:16 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Thanks. People on here who say the opposite, i.e. we would inevitably fall are either board members or their stooges in denial.

Explain EVERY OTHER CLUB then; Try to get a rational explanation for every SINGLE other club out of your thick skull.

Start with clubs in the Championship if you want.

WE WERE THE 7th LONGEST SURVIVING EPL MEMBER

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:32 - Jul 29 with 3893 viewsBillyChong

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:28 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Explain EVERY OTHER CLUB then; Try to get a rational explanation for every SINGLE other club out of your thick skull.

Start with clubs in the Championship if you want.

WE WERE THE 7th LONGEST SURVIVING EPL MEMBER

We were yes. But we were also late enough into the game to see what happens when you sell out to a bunch of chancers. Even a big club like Villa should have been enough of an example to Jenkins and co to do their homework on any buyers. Anyone with half a brain who keeps in touch with football can see this. They were either stupid enough not to do this or didn’t care. Judging by the arrogance of some I think the latter.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:41 - Jul 29 with 3845 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:32 - Jul 29 by BillyChong

We were yes. But we were also late enough into the game to see what happens when you sell out to a bunch of chancers. Even a big club like Villa should have been enough of an example to Jenkins and co to do their homework on any buyers. Anyone with half a brain who keeps in touch with football can see this. They were either stupid enough not to do this or didn’t care. Judging by the arrogance of some I think the latter.

But FFS mun, even that example is a major reason why club only have a cyclical amount of time for success.

Because there IS NO PERFECT ownership either to any football club.

This happens to us all.

Villa
Forest
Sheffield Weds
Sheffield United
Derby
Middlesboro
Sunderland
Newcastle (relegated twice in 6 years)
Bolton
Brum
West Brom
Stoke
Wolves for years
Norwich
Ipswich
Wigan
Blackburn
Hull
Leeds

FFS - think about it.... It gets harder every year you're there.

To manage fans expectations by bringing in bigger names, current players wanting new contracts, the inevitable imbalance in players wages, the apathy in the stands of finishing 17th upwards.

I can't believe I've got to drum this into anyone.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 3825 viewsmoonie

Now that s better. Getting insulted by Chrissy.
bryn and I are hardly chums but to be insulted in the same thread as him makes my day.

Sadly, Chissy, me ol mucker, it's over. You can't kid yourself anymore

We are a basket case and it s all so unnecessary. We ve got a chairman who effectively thrown away 50 million quid. We WERE is not good enough. We ARE shameful whereas you are shameless but when you re pretty but hard ( of course) head hits the pillow ,you know the truth and it hurts ,doesn't it.

And don't see homosexual sex is necessarily evil as you alluded to recently. It's personal choice and many valley boys ,like you, from Gareth Thimas to Lord Filthy Tonypandy ,denied their sexuality due to narrow minded valley mindsets ,like yours really. It's no good wanting to beat them up or abusing them as you ll be locked up. My advice is to come out and be yourself. Cocksize is not a prerequisite . Even tiny cocks can be happy and content ,so have a think ,then pray ,not prey .
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 3810 viewsdobjack2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:41 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

But FFS mun, even that example is a major reason why club only have a cyclical amount of time for success.

Because there IS NO PERFECT ownership either to any football club.

This happens to us all.

Villa
Forest
Sheffield Weds
Sheffield United
Derby
Middlesboro
Sunderland
Newcastle (relegated twice in 6 years)
Bolton
Brum
West Brom
Stoke
Wolves for years
Norwich
Ipswich
Wigan
Blackburn
Hull
Leeds

FFS - think about it.... It gets harder every year you're there.

To manage fans expectations by bringing in bigger names, current players wanting new contracts, the inevitable imbalance in players wages, the apathy in the stands of finishing 17th upwards.

I can't believe I've got to drum this into anyone.

It’s not relegation that’s hacking people off, I agree that it was almost inevitable. It’s the way we got relegated and the reasons for relegation.

We had scares and opportunities to Change things for the better. All that happened was that the owners got rich and the mistakes got bigger.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 3810 viewsjack2jack

We could have easily stayed up last season, yes we had injuries suspensions etc.
But let's be honest it was arguably a poor league apart from the usual suspects,but in the end we fvcked it up, and there was no need, no need at all, all good things come to an end, but the way we capitulated on all levels was unforgivable
Oh and I don't give a flying fvck if no one agrees its my opinion alright.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:54 - Jul 29 with 3800 viewsawayjack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:54 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Completely agree. Lazy recruitment and focus on personal agendas not the club led to our demise. Small club arguments are nonsense where revenues TV dwarf gate monies. Look at number of the old 'big clubs' in Championship v the likes of Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Fulham etc in PL. If we were run properly in the last 2-3 years we'd still be in PL.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:55 - Jul 29 with 3794 viewsAl_Bundy

#feed the troll
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 3776 viewsFireboy2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:48 - Jul 29 by moonie

Now that s better. Getting insulted by Chrissy.
bryn and I are hardly chums but to be insulted in the same thread as him makes my day.

Sadly, Chissy, me ol mucker, it's over. You can't kid yourself anymore

We are a basket case and it s all so unnecessary. We ve got a chairman who effectively thrown away 50 million quid. We WERE is not good enough. We ARE shameful whereas you are shameless but when you re pretty but hard ( of course) head hits the pillow ,you know the truth and it hurts ,doesn't it.

And don't see homosexual sex is necessarily evil as you alluded to recently. It's personal choice and many valley boys ,like you, from Gareth Thimas to Lord Filthy Tonypandy ,denied their sexuality due to narrow minded valley mindsets ,like yours really. It's no good wanting to beat them up or abusing them as you ll be locked up. My advice is to come out and be yourself. Cocksize is not a prerequisite . Even tiny cocks can be happy and content ,so have a think ,then pray ,not prey .

One of your best ever posts rich

Cant wait for chris' reply
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024