Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have a word with yourselves ffs 14:26 - Aug 9 with 7002 viewsE20Jack

- Amat has been heavily criticised for not being good enough.
- Clucas shamefully criticised for not being good enough
- Ayew criticised for absolutely anything (the last week fully justified)
- Fernández has been intermittently criticised on and off for a pretty regular period ever since he joined

... they leave and now the world is caving in?

Ok, the good news is I will be giving this site a swerve tonight, not even I can deal with this level of hysteria.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 1254 viewsJackSomething

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:08 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

Yes a simple swap. One promising center back for one that has been roundly criticised ever since he got here.

Ben Davies managed it in the PL. Joe Allen managed it in the Championship. No reason why Rodon cannot do the same and step up.

There's plenty of posters who've not roundly criticised Fernandez and in fact have been praising him for the majority of his time here, I'm one of them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 1254 viewsFireboy2

E20/the res has got what he wanted

An audience

Fvck him
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:22 - Aug 9 with 1241 viewsLeonWasGod

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:19 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

You need to get your hands on some Jordi Lopez videos.

Clucas scores 2 against Arsenal beating them 3-1.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 15:20]

Feck it, as if the day couldn't get any worse I'm now having the same thoughts as you

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:23 - Aug 9 with 1230 viewsE20Jack

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:19 - Aug 9 by MrSwerve

A very flippant response to a realistic problem. Ok, maybe not a leg breaker, but there's always a chance of injuries.

Granted it's not hugely likely, but we need to plan for these eventualities.

It’s not realistic. How many of our center backs have broken their legs in the last decade?

I can’t think of any.

Yet we are panicking that it happens in the first 5 mins of the very next game?! Come in.

We of course will have injury in mind which is why I am pretty sure we will utilise the loan market. If it happens in the next game as you say then that is just unlucky I guess. Fulton will probably slot in or Naughton (who has played there in the PL with Roberts at RB) until we get someone in.

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:23 - Aug 9 with 1225 viewsLeonWasGod

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:21 - Aug 9 by JackSomething

There's plenty of posters who've not roundly criticised Fernandez and in fact have been praising him for the majority of his time here, I'm one of them.

And me. Always thought he was decent, both as a player and a pro (as last Saturday showed in both cases).
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 1224 viewsjackal

Those players were rightly criticised for their performances.

But it's a new season and a lower league. They could and should have stepped up.

A few weeks ago we had 5 centre backs. Now we've got 1. A little hysteria is understandable.

No doubt you and your mate will have all the answers.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:27 - Aug 9 with 1189 viewsE20Jack

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:24 - Aug 9 by jackal

Those players were rightly criticised for their performances.

But it's a new season and a lower league. They could and should have stepped up.

A few weeks ago we had 5 centre backs. Now we've got 1. A little hysteria is understandable.

No doubt you and your mate will have all the answers.

You can’t step up if you are not wanted or in the side.

We have 2 center backs. Joe Rodon and Mike Van Der Hoorn.

Hysteria is only the result of a distinct lack of understanding of our predicament. No sympathy.

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:29 - Aug 9 with 1161 viewsE20Jack

Anyway I’m off to bed.

I will leave the rest of the panicked responses go without my usual dose of calming realism.

Login to get fewer ads

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:31 - Aug 9 with 1147 viewslidojack

This year is a rebuilding year. We all want to push for promotion but the sensible and most beneficial thing to do is to build for next year and push on then.

That may mean that we go into this season light on numbers but we have the loan window, the January window, and next Summer to fully recruit for a promotion push.

All of the players (minus Bony) who we thought would leave have left and it is up to us to use the loan market to our advantage. If we still have the same CB options in September then this sort of reaction may be warranted. Until then we have to be patient.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:31 - Aug 9 with 1135 viewsDarran

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:29 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

Anyway I’m off to bed.

I will leave the rest of the panicked responses go without my usual dose of calming realism.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:36 - Aug 9 with 1109 viewsjackal

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:27 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

You can’t step up if you are not wanted or in the side.

We have 2 center backs. Joe Rodon and Mike Van Der Hoorn.

Hysteria is only the result of a distinct lack of understanding of our predicament. No sympathy.

They surely would have played if they'd stayed.

Do you really think Mike and Rodon will be enough until January at the earliest?

Hysteria is your word. I can only see anger and understandable worry on this site.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:43 - Aug 9 with 1070 viewslondonlisa2001

The thing that the ‘it’s fine, we’ll use the loan market’ aren’t considering is our negotiating position for a centre back is now laughable.

Every club knows we have one centre back at the club (plus kids who seem to have morphed in a few days from loans to League 2 standard to starting championship players). So we are going to get absolutely screwed financially. Same as we have been in dropping out fee for Fernandez from £10m to c. £6m in one morning. No one at this club seems to be able to negotiate their way out of a paper bag.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:43 - Aug 9 with 1061 viewsandypitt56

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 14:48 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

Yes King.

Adam king is out for 12 weeks, he will be useful......
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:45 - Aug 9 with 1050 viewsBig_Phil

Spot the theme...

- Fede wants to go for Premiership football
- Amat wants to go back to Spain - fact
- Ayew wants out to anyone - good riddance
- Clucas wants out, for the dollar

Am I worried about Saturday (yes, deeply at CH), am I worried about rebuilding a side that Potter wants rather than one who meekly surrended what the fans held dear....am I feck...

....BUT...he wants Woods....if we do not get him I will be p1ssed and really worried about immediate future

I don’t get the huge doom and gloom - they don’t want to be here so audios amigos, we don’t want you here either
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:46 - Aug 9 with 1036 viewsLeonWasGod

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:36 - Aug 9 by jackal

They surely would have played if they'd stayed.

Do you really think Mike and Rodon will be enough until January at the earliest?

Hysteria is your word. I can only see anger and understandable worry on this site.

We'll have to pick up one or two free agents or loans. We *may* end up getting a decent PL prospect on loan for a year that'll make everyone happy. Only may though. Still, it's all a bit hard to swallow only having VdH left as a senior CB.

If we can get Woods at least it won't have been a thoroughly depressing day. Just a slightly depressing one.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:48 - Aug 9 with 1013 viewsangryjack

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 14:35 - Aug 9 by E20Jack

Where has Joe Rodon gone then?

Wasn’t he touted as Welsh captain material and Man City target not so long ago?

He’s 20 years old time to step up. We also have the loan market open.

Lol.....God help us if we relying on him
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:48 - Aug 9 with 1018 viewsjasper_T

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:43 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

The thing that the ‘it’s fine, we’ll use the loan market’ aren’t considering is our negotiating position for a centre back is now laughable.

Every club knows we have one centre back at the club (plus kids who seem to have morphed in a few days from loans to League 2 standard to starting championship players). So we are going to get absolutely screwed financially. Same as we have been in dropping out fee for Fernandez from £10m to c. £6m in one morning. No one at this club seems to be able to negotiate their way out of a paper bag.

Sounds like we'll be an attractive destination for young players at the fringes of big clubs (like Carter-Vickers who we enquired about a couple of weeks back) desperate for first team football at a good level.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:48 - Aug 9 with 1015 viewslondonlisa2001

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:45 - Aug 9 by Big_Phil

Spot the theme...

- Fede wants to go for Premiership football
- Amat wants to go back to Spain - fact
- Ayew wants out to anyone - good riddance
- Clucas wants out, for the dollar

Am I worried about Saturday (yes, deeply at CH), am I worried about rebuilding a side that Potter wants rather than one who meekly surrended what the fans held dear....am I feck...

....BUT...he wants Woods....if we do not get him I will be p1ssed and really worried about immediate future

I don’t get the huge doom and gloom - they don’t want to be here so audios amigos, we don’t want you here either

Because you have to manage a rebuilding in the round.

Everyone now knows we are desperate, so the fees we will pay (for loans etc) will be inflated.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:48 - Aug 9 with 1012 viewslidojack

Or conversely, Premier League clubs will see that we only have 1 CB and see it as a great opportunity for their players to get guaranteed minutes. The players themselves will be far more open to a move if we can offer them a first team space as well.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:49 - Aug 9 with 993 viewsswan65split

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 14:51 - Aug 9 by Darran

I wonder what time zone Nut Boy is in today?

Beam me up Scotty,...warp factor 1.

bookmarked.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:51 - Aug 9 with 986 viewslondonlisa2001

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:48 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Sounds like we'll be an attractive destination for young players at the fringes of big clubs (like Carter-Vickers who we enquired about a couple of weeks back) desperate for first team football at a good level.

We’d like Carter-Vickers please.

Great. We want a fee of £2m.

What do you mean? You didn’t mention a fee two weeks ago?

Ah, but then you had centre backs, now you’re desperate.

We can’t pay that.

Then good luck with Rodon.

It’s basic business Jasper.
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 971 viewsvetchonian

Very well put Lisa

And that has been evident for as long time based on the "value" of some of the contraacts bandied around.

Whilst we all want to see the "deadwood & not wanted" departed it shouldnt be at all costs!

NO way should we allow both Amat and Fede to leave today. One or other should have been retained with the option of release in January .....alowing us to use the loan window without a hand tied behind our backs as Lisa says...instead we anre now in desperation stakes whilst also letting Fede go at a knockdown price.

My enthusiam form last week has begun to diminish...I am usually quite optimisitic but today has caused me concern.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 971 viewsCaptain_Sham

I've been having a good laugh reading some of the knicker wetting whilst at work. I mean the situation itself is unpleasant, if unsurprising, but the hyperbole today has been laughable. Just to repeat , I find our situation somewhat sad, but not at all surprising. I am surprised though, by some of the more sensible types who appear to have sailed off the map recently. I guess the ignore function is getting some more action.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 15:53]

Its just a ride.

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 921 viewsLeonWasGod

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:51 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

We can’t pay that.

I don't know. I think big clubs will be a bit more pragmatic than that as they want their players to get game time. CV was at Ipswich last year for example and there's no way in a million yers they'd pay a fee of that magnitude nor big wages.

He was ok there too - nothing special, but ok from what I've heard. I know that doesn't sound too inspiring from where we were just a week ago though!
Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:58 - Aug 9 with 916 viewsjasper_T

Have a word with yourselves ffs on 15:51 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

We can’t pay that.

If they don't want him out getting games that's their prerogative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024