Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 25020 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:54 - Aug 24 with 1651 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 14:41 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Ha ha what a retard you are.
You obviously don’t know that cyclists don’t have to abide by speed limits.
You also obviously don’t know about car rallying that race on roads that aren’t closed off from the public.
Stick to what you are good at, which probably is sweet f a.

What about pedestrian crossings, traffic lights, junctions...

Fûck me - you’re spectacularly dim.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:22 - Aug 24 with 1620 viewsCatullus

Right, about cyclists racing on public roads......
31 Regulation of cycle racing on public ways.
(1)A person who promotes or takes part in a race or trial of speed on a public way between cycles is guilty of an offence, unless the race or trial–
(a)is authorised, and
(b)is conducted in accordance with any conditions imposed,by or under regulations under this section.
(2)The Secretary of State may by regulations authorise, or provide for authorising, for the purposes of subsection (1) above, the holding on a public way other than a bridleway–
(a)of races or trials of speed of any class or description, or
(b)of a particular race or trial of speed,in such cases as may be prescribed and subject to such conditions as may be imposed by or under the regulations.
(3)Regulations under this section may–
(a)prescribe the procedure to be followed, and the particulars to be given, in connection with applications for authorisation under the regulations, and
(b)make different provision for different classes or descriptions of race or trial.
(4)Without prejudice to any other powers exercisable in that behalf, the chief officer of police may give directions with respect to the movement of, or the route to be followed by, vehicular traffic during any period, being directions which it is necessary or expedient to give in relation to that period to prevent or mitigate–
(a)congestion or obstruction of traffic, or
(b)danger to or from traffic,in consequence of the holding of a race or trial of speed authorised by or under regulations under this section.
(5)Directions under subsection (4) above may include a direction that any road or part of a road specified in the direction shall be closed during the period to vehicles or to vehicles of a class so specified.
[F4(6)In this section “public way” means, in England and Wales, a highway, and in Scotland, a public road but does not include a footpath.]

So, somebody cycling too fast could.....COULD be gui;lty of furious riding and be charged with a crime.
Was it in London a cyclist on a fixed wheel bike ran someone over on a crossing and klilled them?
I believe there isn't a provision in law for cyclists to obey speed limits purely because your average cyclist won't get anywhere near breaking them, usually. Of course these days we have committed cyclists who feel it's ok to go through red lights, ride 3/4/5 abreast on Fabian way (the highway code suggests single file on busy and narrow roads) and another favourite of mine, at a red light, riding onto the pavement and across a crossing then back onto the road the other side and that is wrong too, bikes should pushed over a crosiing.
Now if I was to list things car drivers do wrong, well I haven't got the inclination but we all know there are far too many lunatics on the road, whatever the vehicle.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:41 - Aug 24 with 1566 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:54 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

What about pedestrian crossings, traffic lights, junctions...

Fûck me - you’re spectacularly dim.

The same way they manage during a car road rally, you retard.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:12 - Aug 24 with 1551 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 05:05 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Oh shut up you thick tw@t.
You couldn’t drag anyone around.

More than a match for you maggot! Trust. Me 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:31 - Aug 24 with 1535 viewsJack11

Car road rallies that aren’t closed road events are timed at an average speed of 30 mph. That’s the loophole they exploit to be allowed to happen. Very popular in mid and north wales and held on lanes at night. Try doing an average speed of 30 on those windy lanes and you’ll quickly realise it’s very hard. They also have checkpoints between the timed checkpoints where you have to stop too, which reduces your average speed even further. Great sport and a cracking way to spend a Saturday night. I’ve done a couple myself over the years.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:36 - Aug 24 with 1525 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:41 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

The same way they manage during a car road rally, you retard.

Fûck me - what a great spectator sport!

Got your pac-a-mac and fishpaste sandwiches ready, Benny?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:55 - Aug 24 with 1507 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:36 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

Fûck me - what a great spectator sport!

Got your pac-a-mac and fishpaste sandwiches ready, Benny?

Point proven.
Someone like you little hands, will always be a few steps behind me.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:57 - Aug 26 with 1428 viewsJackfath

Good to see Mr Thomas suggesting this. Swanjaxs will be delighted, no doubt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45312756

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:00 - Aug 26 with 1423 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:57 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I disagree with Thomas.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:15 - Aug 26 with 1415 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:00 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

I disagree with Thomas.

There's a surprise!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:18 - Aug 26 with 1388 viewsCatullus

Seatbelts are compulsory in cars for the drivers safety. There is nothing that can protect a cyclist in the same way, in a collision with a car (whoever is at fault) the cyclist will always come off worse, helmets aren't just reasonable, surely they are essential. You can fall over whilst walking and have a serious head injury, travelling at 3 times walking speed and maybe more it could be a fatal injury, no sensible person would argue against helmets being compulsory?
Children are at even greater risk, their skulls are still soft, still forming, a bang that wouldn't hurt an adult could be serious for a child.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:56 - Aug 26 with 1369 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:18 - Aug 26 by Catullus

Seatbelts are compulsory in cars for the drivers safety. There is nothing that can protect a cyclist in the same way, in a collision with a car (whoever is at fault) the cyclist will always come off worse, helmets aren't just reasonable, surely they are essential. You can fall over whilst walking and have a serious head injury, travelling at 3 times walking speed and maybe more it could be a fatal injury, no sensible person would argue against helmets being compulsory?
Children are at even greater risk, their skulls are still soft, still forming, a bang that wouldn't hurt an adult could be serious for a child.

You are missing the reason behind not wearing helmets so spectacularly, because you don’t know what it is, do you.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 1353 viewsCatullus

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:56 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

You are missing the reason behind not wearing helmets so spectacularly, because you don’t know what it is, do you.

That stupid people want to sustain head injuries and want other people to sustain head injuries too?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 1332 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 12:06 - Aug 26 by Catullus

That stupid people want to sustain head injuries and want other people to sustain head injuries too?

Thanks for admitting you don’t really understand the argument.
Ignorance is bliss.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:16 - Aug 26 with 1292 viewsCatullus

Irresponsible cyclists... on 12:42 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

Thanks for admitting you don’t really understand the argument.
Ignorance is bliss.

Enlighten me then, or do you prefer posting vague, meaningless, drab replies that are supposed to be insults but fall startlingly short?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 1260 viewsLeonWasGod

Mr Thomas has suggested everyone should calm down.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:52 - Aug 26 with 1215 viewsSwanjaxs

Jesus Christ this thread goes on and on! But yes Mr Thomas talks sense, and if i ever see him down Singleton Park whilst walking my well behaved dogs I'll be sure to shake his hand 👍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:00 - Aug 26 with 1190 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:12 - Aug 24 by Swanjaxs

More than a match for you maggot! Trust. Me 😎

Of course you are 🤣
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:02 - Aug 26 with 1187 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:00 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

Of course you are 🤣

Hiya peewee 😍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:10 - Aug 26 with 1181 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:16 - Aug 26 by Catullus

Enlighten me then, or do you prefer posting vague, meaningless, drab replies that are supposed to be insults but fall startlingly short?

It wouldn’t be vague if you knew what you were supposed to be talking about.

Basically the belief is making helmets compulsory, will deter many people from cycling, which could/will have an effect on other aspects of their health.

In other words the risk of cycling without a helmet is outweighed by the health benefits cyclists receive from cycling.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:32 - Aug 26 with 1155 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:10 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

It wouldn’t be vague if you knew what you were supposed to be talking about.

Basically the belief is making helmets compulsory, will deter many people from cycling, which could/will have an effect on other aspects of their health.

In other words the risk of cycling without a helmet is outweighed by the health benefits cyclists receive from cycling.

If your of adult age and choose not to wear a cycle helmet, then come a cropper and smash your scull open then you reap what you sow, to put a child on a bike in your care without head protection makes you a moron.... that was always my reasoning in starting this thread.... get it now peewee?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 21:44]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 1135 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:32 - Aug 26 by Swanjaxs

If your of adult age and choose not to wear a cycle helmet, then come a cropper and smash your scull open then you reap what you sow, to put a child on a bike in your care without head protection makes you a moron.... that was always my reasoning in starting this thread.... get it now peewee?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 21:44]

Ffs let’s wrap them in cotton wool too.
Bet you think it’s a good idea for children to wear goggles when they play conkers too.

P.s my daughters never wore helmets when they were younger whilst cycling.
They never wore safety harnesses too , when climbing trees.
Children fall, cut their knees, pick up bruises- it’s what growing up is all about and yes unfortunately a tiny amount do die.....very sad, but taking away all risks at a young age will result in these children growing into nervous wrecks during adulthood.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 21:55]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 1122 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:47 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

Ffs let’s wrap them in cotton wool too.
Bet you think it’s a good idea for children to wear goggles when they play conkers too.

P.s my daughters never wore helmets when they were younger whilst cycling.
They never wore safety harnesses too , when climbing trees.
Children fall, cut their knees, pick up bruises- it’s what growing up is all about and yes unfortunately a tiny amount do die.....very sad, but taking away all risks at a young age will result in these children growing into nervous wrecks during adulthood.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 21:55]

Oh well there you go.... can't educate pork aye

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 1108 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:53 - Aug 26 by Swanjaxs

Oh well there you go.... can't educate pork aye

Bet you don’t like boys playing rugby then.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:15 - Aug 26 with 1097 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:05 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

Bet you don’t like boys playing rugby then.

Rugby's for sissy's anyway mush, and it's not played on concrete with kerbs for pitch markings yea? Or am i wrong? ....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024