Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 26867 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:25 - Aug 26 with 1881 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:15 - Aug 26 by Swanjaxs

Rugby's for sissy's anyway mush, and it's not played on concrete with kerbs for pitch markings yea? Or am i wrong? ....

So no serious injuries playing rugby then ? I must have imagined that.

should children be banned from playing in school yards, many are made out of concrete or tarmac.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:37 - Aug 26 with 1879 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:25 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

So no serious injuries playing rugby then ? I must have imagined that.

should children be banned from playing in school yards, many are made out of concrete or tarmac.

Going round in circles here yea (see what i did there).... look in my opinion putting a young child on a moving object (sometimes on a highway) without headgear is asking for trouble, im not talking about peddling around the park or in your back garden, of course that's entirely different.. Just my opinion my friend
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 22:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:04 - Aug 26 with 1847 viewsCatullus

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:10 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

It wouldn’t be vague if you knew what you were supposed to be talking about.

Basically the belief is making helmets compulsory, will deter many people from cycling, which could/will have an effect on other aspects of their health.

In other words the risk of cycling without a helmet is outweighed by the health benefits cyclists receive from cycling.

That'sthe best you can do, that helmets MAY put people off cycling? I'll ask the many people I see (families mainly) who are all wearing helmets why they aren't put off.
Why do you use opinion as fact? Whereas saying wearing a helmet saves lives is a fact, not an opinion.
I should know better really when dealing with people like you, I shall have to bear in mind an oft used saying.....do not feed the troll.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:13 - Aug 26 with 1817 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:04 - Aug 26 by Catullus

That'sthe best you can do, that helmets MAY put people off cycling? I'll ask the many people I see (families mainly) who are all wearing helmets why they aren't put off.
Why do you use opinion as fact? Whereas saying wearing a helmet saves lives is a fact, not an opinion.
I should know better really when dealing with people like you, I shall have to bear in mind an oft used saying.....do not feed the troll.

It’s not my opinion you clown 🤣
It’s the opinion of many medical experts and people who have carried out research on the issue.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:59 - Aug 27 with 1760 viewsCatullus

Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:13 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

It’s not my opinion you clown 🤣
It’s the opinion of many medical experts and people who have carried out research on the issue.

When you say many medical experts, as always, it's down to interpretation. I looked and found "many" experts who said cyclists should wear helmets. Then I found this which shows the arguments either way aren't clear cut....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12333783

....and even without enforcing helmets, cycling is on the decline, apparently. People would rather use cars.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Irresponsible cyclists... on 12:19 - Aug 27 with 1711 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:59 - Aug 27 by Catullus

When you say many medical experts, as always, it's down to interpretation. I looked and found "many" experts who said cyclists should wear helmets. Then I found this which shows the arguments either way aren't clear cut....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12333783

....and even without enforcing helmets, cycling is on the decline, apparently. People would rather use cars.

IMO , more people die from diabetes, heart attacks , strokes for not cycling than people who die as a result of not wearing a helmet.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:01 - Aug 29 with 1608 viewsBatterseajack

Looks f**king dangerous that! If only Swanjaxs was around to shout at them.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 11:09]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:05 - Aug 29 with 1602 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:01 - Aug 29 by Batterseajack

Looks f**king dangerous that! If only Swanjaxs was around to shout at them.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 11:09]

Those security goons would catch him before he hit the ground...
Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 14:40 - Aug 29 with 1563 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:05 - Aug 29 by WarwickHunt

Those security goons would catch him before he hit the ground...

What security goons? If they were wearing hi vis i might be able to see them
Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 1450 viewskarnataka

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:20 - Aug 12 by Highjack

I always wonder how all cyclists are allowed to go through red lights when cars can’t?

And go the wrong was down one-way streets!
Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:16 - Aug 30 with 1446 viewsLeonWasGod

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:37 - Aug 26 by Swanjaxs

Going round in circles here yea (see what i did there).... look in my opinion putting a young child on a moving object (sometimes on a highway) without headgear is asking for trouble, im not talking about peddling around the park or in your back garden, of course that's entirely different.. Just my opinion my friend
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 22:48]

Not highjacking your argument with peewee (you're more than welcome to that!). But I'd argue the opposite - a helmet is likely to be of help if a child falls off their bike in the back garden and bangs their head, but of less use if they're hit by 2 tonnes of metal doing 50 mph.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 1425 viewsjack2jack

There we are then we're all agreed that because a helmet may or may not save a little one's life, let's all take the attitude, that on balance, it's probably not worth it, because it suits whatever crap your dribbling to continue an internet argument. I mean FFS.
You can put up any bollox arguement you like, but I tell you what, if it was my kid I know which option Id prefer.
Jeez us!!!!!!
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:27 - Aug 30 with 1418 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:13 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

There we are then we're all agreed that because a helmet may or may not save a little one's life, let's all take the attitude, that on balance, it's probably not worth it, because it suits whatever crap your dribbling to continue an internet argument. I mean FFS.
You can put up any bollox arguement you like, but I tell you what, if it was my kid I know which option Id prefer.
Jeez us!!!!!!

What if you have a kid and they refuse to wear a helmet? Do you refuse to take them out on their bike? Do you take them anyway?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:34 - Aug 30 with 1408 viewsLeonWasGod

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:27 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

What if you have a kid and they refuse to wear a helmet? Do you refuse to take them out on their bike? Do you take them anyway?

Swap them for another kid. Ffs, there's a complete lack of lateral thinking on this thread .
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 30 with 1405 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:27 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

First thing I would do is sit them down and explain why it is a good idea to wear a helmet, from the off,maybe wear one yourself, so that they can be like Mum or Dad, you know as roll models, that type of thing.
The other alternative is to be completely irresponsible as a parent and say fvck it, and leave them too it, with no explanation or dialogue whatsoever, what do you reckon.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:38 - Aug 30 with 1404 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:16 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

Not highjacking your argument with peewee (you're more than welcome to that!). But I'd argue the opposite - a helmet is likely to be of help if a child falls off their bike in the back garden and bangs their head, but of less use if they're hit by 2 tonnes of metal doing 50 mph.

Point taken, but if two tons of metal were to hit you doing 50 miles an hour a suit of armour wouldn't save you, my point was to do with a childs head striking a kerb / concrete wall ect in the event of a fall

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:40 - Aug 30 with 1400 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

First thing I would do is sit them down and explain why it is a good idea to wear a helmet, from the off,maybe wear one yourself, so that they can be like Mum or Dad, you know as roll models, that type of thing.
The other alternative is to be completely irresponsible as a parent and say fvck it, and leave them too it, with no explanation or dialogue whatsoever, what do you reckon.

A very common sense and level-headed approach Mr j2j 👏👏👏👏

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:42 - Aug 30 with 1398 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

What if the child has ADHD?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:44 - Aug 30 with 1395 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:42 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

What if the child has ADHD?

Your being obtuse now.
Very good but I'm not going to bite.
Laters👍
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:48 - Aug 30 with 1390 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:40 - Aug 30 by Swanjaxs

A very common sense and level-headed approach Mr j2j 👏👏👏👏

Why thank you Mr Jaxs👍
Help yourself to an up arrow.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:49 - Aug 30 with 1388 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:44 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

Your being obtuse now.
Very good but I'm not going to bite.
Laters👍

I thought you were here to help?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:53 - Aug 30 with 1381 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:49 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

I thought you were here to help?

Always here to help if I can.
I like helping people.
You?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:57 - Aug 30 with 1378 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:53 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

Always here to help if I can.
I like helping people.
You?

Of course I do, my friend.

It's all rather worrying though and I wish SwanJaxs had never accosted that Dad who was minding his own business that fateful morning.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:59 - Aug 30 with 1376 viewsLeonWasGod

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:38 - Aug 30 by Swanjaxs

Point taken, but if two tons of metal were to hit you doing 50 miles an hour a suit of armour wouldn't save you, my point was to do with a childs head striking a kerb / concrete wall ect in the event of a fall

And that sounds sensible. I've no idea whether it is or not though. I always make my kids wear a helmet and I do 95% of the time (despite covering hundreds if not thousands of miles without one before they came in). I've no idea why though. I don't know if they help. I hit a tree once and cracked a helmet, so that must have helped. But I was pissed and most cyclists won't be and would normally be able to cope with an easy left corner .

Point is, I agree but don't know why, other than yeah seems like a good idea. But I haven't a clue if the actually make a difference.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:06 - Aug 30 with 1368 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:57 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

Of course I do, my friend.

It's all rather worrying though and I wish SwanJaxs had never accosted that Dad who was minding his own business that fateful morning.

That's good.
It all about opinions.
Accosted, but strong.
Showing concern yes, if that's a crime, better call the local constabulary.
We all know what Jaxs point was, and It was wholly sensible.
Have a great evening my friend.👍
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024