Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are 22:44 - Aug 21 with 8315 viewsMagic_Michu

Having read the Leeds forums, listened to their fans on TalkShite and heard them in and around the ground tonight you would have thought they were the Barcelona of the championship.

When really, you press them slightly and they turn to sh*t and we’re played off the park by a threadbare Swansea team made up of inexperienced kids.

Don’t take anything away from the way we played tonight... best I’ve seen us playing for years.

But it’s time the scrawny little loud mouth Leeds boys were brought down a peg or two.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 1679 viewsBadlands

Hernandez still looked quality.
We gave two poor goals (although the first should have had the freedom kick brought back)
They conceded a poor goal and a stunner.
Celina should have scored. While he's showing incredible talent and more promise he's not going to get gals (why do we have him rather than Man City?)
And, his shooting is quite weak.
If he can get very well placed shots away it still gives the 'keeper time to adjust.

Good game though and lots to be encouraged by.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 15:25]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 17:42 - Aug 23 with 1633 views1964white

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 15:24 - Aug 23 by Badlands

Hernandez still looked quality.
We gave two poor goals (although the first should have had the freedom kick brought back)
They conceded a poor goal and a stunner.
Celina should have scored. While he's showing incredible talent and more promise he's not going to get gals (why do we have him rather than Man City?)
And, his shooting is quite weak.
If he can get very well placed shots away it still gives the 'keeper time to adjust.

Good game though and lots to be encouraged by.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 15:25]

All Swans fans should be encouraged by that performance, unsure where all the negativity came from prior to the game.

I'll be surprised if you are not up there come April 2019, I'll be very disappointed if Leeds don't make it this time although I'm used to it after fifteen years of dirge!
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 18:19 - Aug 23 with 1607 viewsFireboy2

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 17:42 - Aug 23 by 1964white

All Swans fans should be encouraged by that performance, unsure where all the negativity came from prior to the game.

I'll be surprised if you are not up there come April 2019, I'll be very disappointed if Leeds don't make it this time although I'm used to it after fifteen years of dirge!

We are slighty encouraged after tues but after being let down by the board time and time again especially since we got sold out by supposed 'fans' to hedge fund yanks you can see why we are a tad realistic

Other reasons we werent confident about playing you was the brum game where we were quite poor and you lot being on fire

Im sure there will be ups and downs during this season (more ups would be nice) but i can tell you the vast propotion of real jacks are looking forward to this season
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 1546 viewsjack247

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 17:42 - Aug 23 by 1964white

If we could keep that side fit and on form for 42 more games then I’d agree with you. Our problem is the depth behind the 15 or 16 or so likely starters. We are a couple of injuries away from disaster.

Still, I’ve really enjoyed this season so far, even the Birmingham game showed a grit and a passion we’ve been lacking for a while. i’m just hoping we can keep this momentum rolling as long as possible.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:02 - Aug 26 with 1442 views1964white

Well we found our form again with an outstanding performance at Norwich today
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:09 - Aug 26 with 1420 viewslifelong

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:02 - Aug 26 by 1964white

Well we found our form again with an outstanding performance at Norwich today

Can you give us Pablo back please.

Saw your highlights earlier, the bloke is quality.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 08:36 - Aug 26 with 1358 views1964white

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 00:09 - Aug 26 by lifelong

Can you give us Pablo back please.

Saw your highlights earlier, the bloke is quality.

He certainly is mate, Pablo is so fit, seems to get better as he ages. I assume he wasn't as consistent in the premiership for the Swans?

Our fluency returned yesterday especially as we had a proper CB in Jansson & Ayling was back in his wing-back position. Ironically Phillips who was pulled off after 27 minutes because he was having a poor game at the Liberty was outstanding v the Canaries, pleased for the lad.

Did the Swans struggle yesterday? Bristol City & Brentford are two of the dark horses for me, even though the Robins have lost three of their best players in the transfer window. Lee Johnson is a shrewd manager at this level.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 09:08 - Aug 26 with 1322 viewsjack247

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 08:36 - Aug 26 by 1964white

He certainly is mate, Pablo is so fit, seems to get better as he ages. I assume he wasn't as consistent in the premiership for the Swans?

Our fluency returned yesterday especially as we had a proper CB in Jansson & Ayling was back in his wing-back position. Ironically Phillips who was pulled off after 27 minutes because he was having a poor game at the Liberty was outstanding v the Canaries, pleased for the lad.

Did the Swans struggle yesterday? Bristol City & Brentford are two of the dark horses for me, even though the Robins have lost three of their best players in the transfer window. Lee Johnson is a shrewd manager at this level.

It was after the Lord Mayors show for us. We probably should have beaten Leeds, we deserved the result we got against an organised and workmanlike, but uninspiring Bristol City. Taking the fact we’ve got an inexperienced and threadbare side out of it, we are probably more equipped against the better teams like yourselves who take the game to us. Bristol had a few chances, but they didn’t really attack us, they just shut us down effectively.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 1286 views1964white

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 09:08 - Aug 26 by jack247

It was after the Lord Mayors show for us. We probably should have beaten Leeds, we deserved the result we got against an organised and workmanlike, but uninspiring Bristol City. Taking the fact we’ve got an inexperienced and threadbare side out of it, we are probably more equipped against the better teams like yourselves who take the game to us. Bristol had a few chances, but they didn’t really attack us, they just shut us down effectively.

Looked a scrappy goal you conceded Jack

Was Fer not fit enough to start after the exhaustion of the game against us? I was very impressed with him

Still think you'll be challenging for a top six place from what I witnessed last Tuesday, maybe you require a couple of decent loan signings
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1249 viewsjack247

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 10:16 - Aug 26 by 1964white

Looked a scrappy goal you conceded Jack

Was Fer not fit enough to start after the exhaustion of the game against us? I was very impressed with him

Still think you'll be challenging for a top six place from what I witnessed last Tuesday, maybe you require a couple of decent loan signings

No, that was his first game back and he was knackered after it. Was always going to be a stretch to start him twice in a week, the intensity of the Leeds game will probably help him in the long run, but I think Saturday came a bit too soon. You’re right though, we are a different team with him playing.

I can see us having one of those seasons where we blow teams away some weeks and flatter to deceive the next. If Fer and Bony get fit, we will have games where we look better than on Tuesday, we are also going to have our fair share like yesterday. Personally, I’d be happy with a mid table finish and some better football (which in fairness, we have been playing).

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 12:45 - Aug 26 with 1239 viewsmonmouth

Hernandez should never have been sold, even in the prem he was a great playmaker (not a great winger). That was a ridiculous decision and clearly a case where we neede hardball.

Brizzle looked better than Leeds for my money. I expect both to be challenging at the arse end of the season. Fine by me. Pulis needs to be stopped or football dies a little more.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 19:50 - Aug 26 with 1168 views1964white

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 12:32 - Aug 26 by jack247

No, that was his first game back and he was knackered after it. Was always going to be a stretch to start him twice in a week, the intensity of the Leeds game will probably help him in the long run, but I think Saturday came a bit too soon. You’re right though, we are a different team with him playing.

I can see us having one of those seasons where we blow teams away some weeks and flatter to deceive the next. If Fer and Bony get fit, we will have games where we look better than on Tuesday, we are also going to have our fair share like yesterday. Personally, I’d be happy with a mid table finish and some better football (which in fairness, we have been playing).

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers Jack

Things are going well, the best Leeds side since our prem days, just hope we can keep por form going. I have massive faith in our new coach Bielsa

Always enjoyed watching Swansea. I'll keep looking out for your results. Good Luck!
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 20:02 - Aug 26 with 1163 views1964white

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 12:45 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Hernandez should never have been sold, even in the prem he was a great playmaker (not a great winger). That was a ridiculous decision and clearly a case where we neede hardball.

Brizzle looked better than Leeds for my money. I expect both to be challenging at the arse end of the season. Fine by me. Pulis needs to be stopped or football dies a little more.

Hi Monmouth again

We play Middlesbro' on Friday night so hopefully we can stop Pulis & his team bore football fans into submission. I fancy us although it's important we don't lose the game.

Unfortunately, I do think the Smoggies will go up as he's done the business previously with the boring football he deploys!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 20:11]
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 22:18 - Aug 26 with 1123 viewsLoyal

The last 5 days v Leeds then the wurzels shows that it is true anyone can beat anyone in this league. Proven now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 10:38 - Aug 28 with 1036 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Always been the same, they should learn they had a good start last season and faded away, it's a long old season in the Championship, the best squads come through in the end !!!
Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 11:58 - Aug 28 with 1002 viewswaynekerr55

Leeds - not really as great as they think they are on 12:45 - Aug 26 by monmouth

Awful quality video but the pass is worth it. He was different gravy against Stoke when we drew 1 all there.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024